The People Who Actually Try To Say They Have "Seen The Glory of God."

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is false. It is an obvious attempt to cast doubt on anyone that communes with the Holy Spirit. That in itself is a very terrible doctrine in my opinion.
Do people actually commune with the Spirit apart from the Father and the Son?
And didn't Christ always pray to the Father?

Reactions: dev553344

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Based upon my observations of Jared42's many threads on this forum and upon his answers and demeanor given in his replies - I have listed the fruit which I believe he has produced:

Highlighted below...

Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance(discord), emulations(Jealousy), wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
And let's not forget "he that soweth discord among brethren" (Proverbs 6:19).

He has clearly shown the above highlighted against those that have gifts of the spirit and, as well as against individuals on this forum.

Now let's see if he has any fruit of the spirit...

Gal 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

He has shown faith, but it is negative faith, believing in the fake more than the genuine.
I have to say, it seems like a "Bash the charismatics" thread.

Reactions: amadeus

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do people actually commune with the Spirit apart from the Father and the Son?
And didn't Christ always pray to the Father?
I get visits from Jesus thru the Holy Spirit. The Father on a couple occasions too.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God can deliver you from a typically gender specific way of seeing how things are. Ask Him for this, you will be happier.

Regards.
And turn about is certainly fair play, is it not? What is good for the goose is also good for the gander?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This forum is filled with many different rooms.
Prayer, hymns, debates, fellowship..
and the ability to just click and be wherever you want to be.
If someone told me that 30 years ago I would of said they was crazy.
Jesus says His Fathers House has many mansions..
and however you want to interpret that, it's fine with me.
But if the internet is a physical manifestation of what is possible in the spirit..
WOW..
You can get into a battle in this thread and go find peace and quiet in that thread.
You can study alone or with others..
So Cool.

:)

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its not you (I have some reservations myself) and I make no attempt to define where he is coming from- just an outside observers opinion and assessment. "Positive" is really not a scriptural requirement because its a subjective emotional requirement. MUCH of what Jesus said and did was not "positive" to the audience of the day. ( not to mention he was crucified for it as were most prophets and apostles too)

I took that to mean in general ( my read) but without following the scriptural requirements of discernment ( not mans percepton) then I must say the conclusions he offered are most likely. We are warned about false prophets and christs doing great signs to FOOL even the elect so there will certainly be 'false miracles" and the only way we are given from scripture is to discern every one of them.

That's not what he said Ziggy.

I just got finished here myself on another person for this same discussion so there certainly is a case for deluded people believing false things.

and @Ziggy

The way to discern false miracles is to test the spirit of the person doing the miracle. Who are they abiding in? Jesus or the devil.

Reactions: Ziggy

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and @Ziggy

The way to discern false miracles is to test the spirit of the person doing the miracle. Who are they abiding in? Jesus or the devil.
The devil does false miracles? I remember him accurately cursing Job. Seems to me that wasn't a false miracle.

From what I understand a false miracle is something more like a horoscope preacher, where there is really nothing certain predicted and the use of vague predictions is often observed due to it's vagueness. A false prophet would be telling lies about people and trying to get people to believe those things which are untrue, see: 1 John 4:1-5

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The devil does false miracles? I remember him accurately cursing Job. Seems to me that wasn't a false miracle.

From what I understand a false miracle is something more like a horoscope preacher, where there is really nothing certain predicted and the use of vague predictions is often observed due to it's vagueness. A false prophet would be telling lies about people and trying to get people to believe those things which are untrue, see: 1 John 4:1-5

Yes, but he only counterfeits something already of God. For instance, tongues are of God, but Satan can possess a Voodoo person who he speaks through. But you see, the person already belongs to Satan. In other words, a person abiding in Jesus cannot be possessed by Satan and speak in "tongues of the devil." But how many times do you see that foolish accusation? I know I did when I was in a Christian college. I wanted nothing to do with those Pentecostal types. But they have more faith in their little finger than a Cessationist does in their entire body.

One thing I've seen Satan do is "interpretation of tongues." An unbeliever can hear the other language spoken in tongues by a Christian and hear blasphemies against God, when in reality the tongue is of God and speaking praises to God.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but he only counterfeits something already of God. For instance, tongues are of God, but Satan can possess a Voodoo person who he speaks through. But you see, the person already belongs to Satan. In other words, a person abiding in Jesus cannot be possessed by Satan and speak in "tongues of the devil." But how many times do you see that foolish accusation? I know I did when I was in a Christian college. I wanted nothing to do with those Pentecostal types. But they have more faith in their little finger than a Cessationist does in their entire body.

One thing I've seen Satan do is "interpretation of tongues." An unbeliever can hear the other language spoken in tongues by a Christian and hearing blasphemies against God, when in reality the tongue is of God and speaking praises to God.
OK, well I'm unfamiliar with tongues other than foreign languages. So I really can't speak about that.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, well I'm unfamiliar with tongues other than foreign languages. So I really can't speak about that.

Once you realize that 1 Corinthians 14:2 is the standard, the rule, then you know God will not contradict His word.

For instance, Acts 2 when written of the account was read by Christians who already knew and practiced the gifts. They know that what happened on the Day of Pentecost was the 120 speaking in unknown tongues TO God, but what each devout Jews HEARD was like a choir. They HEARD all of the 120 speaking his own language and understood it. Those reading this account already know that it had to be "interpretation of tongues." It is the Holy Spirit that gives gifts to men and He can also use a gift in the drawing phase of becoming a Christian. That happened in Arizona when I lived there. A group of teenage Christians brought a girl from their school and she heard tongues, and understood what was being said, while everyone else just heard tongues, and to their understanding it was gibberish. They didn't hear English. Only she did.

God, the creator of language knows all languages and tongues is never naturally understood by anyone. Again, 1 Cor. 14:2. The understanding comes only through the supernatural gift of interpretation of tongues.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once you realize that 1 Corinthians 14:2 is the standard, the rule, then you know God will not contradict His word.

For instance, Acts 2 when written of the account was read by Christians who already knew and practiced the gifts. They know that what happened on the Day of Pentecost was the 120 speaking in unknown tongues TO God, but what each devout Jews HEARD was like a choir. They HEARD all of the 120 speaking his own language and understood it. Those reading this account already know that it had to be "interpretation of tongues." It is the Holy Spirit that gives gifts to men and He can also use a gift in the drawing phase of becoming a Christian. That happened in Arizona when I lived there. A group of teenage Christians brought a girl from their school and she heard tongues, and understood what was being said, while everyone else just heard tongues, and to their understanding it was gibberish. They didn't hear English. Only she did.

God, the creator of language knows all languages and tongues is never naturally understood by anyone. Again, 1 Cor. 14:2. The understanding comes only through the supernatural gift of interpretation of tongues.
God often gives me visions that are open to interpretation. That's about as transfigured as I get. I don't really have any need for tongues. Nor have I ever experienced it.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God often gives me visions that are open to interpretation. That's about as transfigured as I get. I don't really have any need for tongues. Nor have I ever experienced it.

Yes, I've seen visions and have had dreams, but the interpretation comes with them when they are from God, and not pizza.

I rarely speak in tongues, though I can, of course, Mark 16:16-18. I was given the ability to hear God's voice for Word of Wisdom, Word of Knowledge and Prophecy, and God tells me what to pray exactly, I repeat His words and the prayer is answered immediately. For 30 years before being baptized in the Spirit in 1977, I NEVER received an answer to prayer. Now for the past 44 years, 100% of my prayers are answered because I wait on Him to speak first. 1 John 3:22

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I've seen visions and have had dreams, but the interpretation comes with them.

I rarely speak in tongues, though I can, of course, Mark 16:16-18. I was given the ability to hear God's voice for Word of Wisdom, Word of Knowledge and Prophecy, and God tells me what to pray exactly, I repeat His words and the prayer is answered immediately. For 30 years before being baptized in the Spirit in 1977, I NEVER received an answer to prayer. Now for the past 44 years, 100% of my prayers are answered because I wait on Him to speak first. 1 John 3:22
That sounds wonderful and I'm happy for you. I also realized some time ago that if I wanted my prayers answered I should ask him what to pray for. I also get answers to my prayers that way. It works and he accomplishes that which he desires for his desires are good and he is the performer of good things.

Reactions: CharismaticLady

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That sounds wonderful and I'm happy for you. I also realized some time ago that if I wanted my prayers answered I should ask him what to pray for. I also get answers to my prayers that way. It works and he accomplishes that which he desires for his desires are good and he is the performer of good things.

Yes, people have to know that they have to know God's will BEFORE they pray. Like John 15:7. That is not our will, but repeating the rhema spoken to us. "If you abide in Me, and my WORDS (RHEMA, NOT LOGOS) abide in you, you shall ask what you will... (because I hear His will, it automatically becomes what I will also because we are one.)

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thats not only smart, but discerning the truth.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So here is a miracle.
I called my dad 45 minutes late last night, and he was very abrupt and basically hung up on me.
We have this agreement. I call him @6pm and he don't call the cops to see if I'm dead.
I fell asleep, (I do that on occasion)

So here's the miracle.
I called him tonight and the subject never came up.
POOF gone

You all may be saying.. that's not a miracle
and I would reply... you don't know my dad.
:D
Hugs