The People Who Actually Try To Say They Have "Seen The Glory of God."

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jared42

Aug 16, 2021
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, these people are around.

When the Apostles and Prophets of Scripture underwent a valid vision, dream, or some sort of first hand experience of God's immediate presence, they made a faithful and accurate witness of what they saw, heard, and felt. And, their experienced served purposes intended by God.

Today, people who claim to have had such an experience of the Glory of God are one of two levels of authenticity:

1.) They are false. That is, they are deluded by a lying spirit, they are willfully fabricating a story, or they are exaggerating something strange they experienced in their mind. They try to call their imagination their "spee-ritt!"

2.) Or, they are brainwashed into expecting some sort of duplicate experience of an account in Scripture. This is what happens when a "Pentecostal" claims to have experienced "glory from God," but in fact they are unable to duplicate any part of Acts ch. 2. They just imagine they can in "faith." Often it is hidden in churchy sounding jargon.

Both of these kinds of claims 1.) and 2.) can be dismissed because the information contained in the accounts serve no material purpose in God's Kingdom. The whole thing is soon forgotten, because it is just a lot of emotional words.

Reactions: ChristisGod

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay but what about the people who have experienced a miracle such as being healed from a incurable disease? Where do they fit?
They experienced something and 10/10 of them say that it was God who healed them and their prayers were answered.

Reactions: Helen and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When the Apostles and Prophets of Scripture underwent a valid vision, dream, or some sort of first hand experience of God's immediate presence, they made a faithful and accurate witness of what they saw, heard, and felt. And, their experienced served purposes intended by God.

Today, people who claim to have had such an experience of the Glory of God are one of two levels of authenticity:

1.) They are false. That is, they are deluded by a lying spirit, they are willfully fabricating a story, or they are exaggerating something strange they experienced in their mind. They try to call their imagination their "spee-ritt!"

2.) Or, they are brainwashed into expecting some sort of duplicate experience of an account in Scripture. This is what happens when a "Pentecostal" claims to have experienced "glory from God," but in fact they are unable to duplicate any part of Acts ch. 2. They just imagine they can in "faith." Often it is hidden in churchy sounding jargon.

Both of these kinds of claims 1.) and 2.) can be dismissed because the information contained in the accounts serve no material purpose in God's Kingdom. The whole thing is soon forgotten, because it is just a lot of emotional words.
This is false. It is an obvious attempt to cast doubt on anyone that communes with the Holy Spirit. That in itself is a very terrible doctrine in my opinion.

Jared42

Aug 16, 2021
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is false. It is an obvious attempt to cast doubt on anyone that communes with the Holy Spirit. That in itself is a very terrible doctrine in my opinion.
If a person says they have seen the Glory of God, are they telling the truth? If a person says they are s Prophet, are they to be believed upon their statement?

Jared42

Aug 16, 2021
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay but what about the people who have experienced a miracle such as being healed from a incurable disease? Where do they fit?
They experienced something and 10/10 of them say that it was God who healed them and their prayers were answered.

Jared42

Aug 16, 2021
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you know it is 10/10 of them are telling the truth?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a person says they have seen the Glory of God, are they telling the truth? If a person says they are s Prophet, are they to be believed upon their statement?
Thomas the doubter had some problems believing others too:

John 20:24-29 Jesus Appears to Thomas
24 Now Thomas (also known as Didymusa]), one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came. 25 So the other disciples told him, “We have seen the Lord!”

But he said to them, “Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.”

26 A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!” 27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”

28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”

29 Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.

Last edited:

Jared42

Aug 16, 2021
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thomas the doubter had some problems too:

John 20:24-29 Jesus Appears to Thomas
24 Now Thomas (also known as Didymusa]), one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came. 25 So the other disciples told him, “We have seen the Lord!”

But he said to them, “Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.”

26 A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!” 27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”

28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”

29 Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”
All of the Disciples doubted the resurrection of Jesus even after it happened. Why talk about only Thomas?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
We can remember that by faith we may perceive in the Lord Jesus, as John 1.14 says: "...(and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth..."

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God is in Control of His OWN Glory.
What fashion God allows a man to experience HIS GLORY, is precisely, at Gods Pleasure.

John was "taken up hither", to observe particular things, according to the fashion that pleased God.

Saul Was given a "glimpse" of Gods Spirit, and blinded temporarily.

Men observed, body's dying, and prayed for their soul to return to them, and resume their bodily living....
Men have giving accounts on behalf of what their "departed souls" observed...
Some...speaking of a heavenly place.
Some...speaking of a hellish place.

I do not think they are "outright" LYING about them HAVING such an experience...
I presume their "recollection" is more like "trying" to recall and piece together and relay the same as we do with a "Dream" the subconscience (soul) has "experienced", AS relaying the souls thoughts in Flesh logical understanding.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Did Moses witness the glory of God? Did Elijah Witness the Glory of God? Did Ezekiel see the Glory of God in the temple? Did the Apostles see the Glory of God on the mount of transfiguration? The answer is yes. and there are countless others in scripture and even in the church age who have witnessed the Glory of God.

The Glory of God first of all can be seen by the mind of man when they study the Word of God. His majesty and glory is beyond words and beyond understanding of the mortal human mind and when you realize this When You will be in awe of His omniscience and majesty.

Secondly, the Glory of God can be seen in the fellowship of the saints. When The saints in one accord come together in the unity of the Spirit, the Presence of God is experienced in fulness. This occurs when there are revivals amongst the church and the communities around them. This is the presence of God within a community.

The Glory of God can also be experienced by the individual person, when they are being Used of the LORD to do His will. This can be seen in casting out demons, healing the sick, Prophesying to the Body of Christ, Being able to discern Spirits, Speaking and interpreting tongues, Prayers of the Spirit, Groanings of the Spirit, Etc. In Other words when the gifts of the Spirit manifest in the Body The presence and Glory of God is known.

The final way the Glory of God is seen is via vision. This is the rarest of them all. There are certain commonalities to these visions. for example, How God appeared to Elijah, not as the wind, or the whirlwind, but as a still small voice. Some witness blinding light like Paul did on the Damascus road, some see light and colors enhanced and a change in the creation around them as the Glory of God and his presence manifests in them. Much like The three in the fiery furnace or Daniel in the lions den.

Ultimately though, God will not make his presence known and show his glory to you until you have faith. Faith is the substance of thing hoped for the evidence of thing NOT SEEN. It is not until you have faith that he will make his presence known to you and you will begin to see his glory. Your particular brand of skepticism is counter to this Presence being revealed. I Know this because for many years i believed as you do and was a cessationist being taught that in the fundamentalist Baptist Church i grew up in. It was not until much later that he made His Presence known in a tangible way.

Reactions: dev553344