The Plight of The New Christian

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Plight of The New Christian
^ OP

The OP's opening statement IS missing the ONE most "important" element of all...

Every word of the "person", MUST BE FROM THAT PERSONS HEART .

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I got from the opening post was what it may look like from a person saved by todays commercial christianity.
You've done all the right things, said all the right things, felt the right feelings..
now what?

You've just come from a world that lives in darkness, crime, selfishness. me me me..
And you've stepped over to the other side vowing to leave everything you ever knew behind.
And now you are faced with new challenges. But the foundation was never existent in the prior life,
so it may feel like leaving a house built on sand to enter into another house built on sand.

Where did that feeling go??
What happens now?

I didn't read the OP as a testimony, it was more of a what if..
Like someone on the fence asking, what's in it for me if I change?
Commercial Christianity promises you all this good stuff, good fluffy happy feelings..
truth is you face a lot of hard decisions, go through a lot of temptations and trials.
What comes out of it is a new creation of the person you once were.
But you are more. You have better fruit, gifts, deeper undersanding, true friends.
You gain a lot, but you also have to leave a lot behind.

It's that point right in the middle, where you have chosen to walk away, but not sure what your walking into.

That's called Faith.

Anywhoo..
that's how I read the OP.
It wasn't true or false, it was more of a reflection of how someone may find themselves in the transition.

Just my opinion.. (everyone is entitled to at least one)
:)
HUGS

Reactions: Grailhunter

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 4:1
Beloved, believe not every spirit,
but try the spirits whether they are of God:
because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
1 John 4:2
Hereby know ye the Spirit of God:
Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

I confess unto you
that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh.
Yours truly,
the Lord's anointed
in Spirit and truth

There is also a verse wher Jesus says:
Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Confession is a step in the right direction, but there is also action.
You have to turn away from your former way of life. You have to learn to die to your own ego.
You have to take up your own cross and walk towards the finish line.

The Jews were and are still seeking a savior. They don't believe that the savior was and is Jesus Christ in the flesh.
To take it a step deeper. One must believe that Christ lives in themselves. That you are now Christ's flesh and bone.

So while one may confess that Jesus has come in the flesh.. it's the actions that follow that produce the fruit.

thinking..
Hugs

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank You friend :)
Sometimes I get talking and I don't always look it up..

There are always consequences of our actions regardless if they have good intentions.
If you know stealing is a sin... then you should find another means to curbing your hunger.

The more I read that verse, the more complicated it becomes.
Just because the theif is hungry doesn't mean he should just be left off the hook for stealing.
What if he is never found, and does it in the next town, and next town...
And the answer is.. The Good Lord has a book. And everything we do is written in it. Be it good or bad.
And there's only one way to settle that debt.
And if you don't know what you don't know, you will surely find out later.

Can you imagine having the authority to judge angels, and I'm stuck on whether to despise a theif or not.

I still got some thinking to do..

Thank You amigo
Hugs
Think on that little fella that Jesus asked to invite Him to dinner.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luk 19:1 And Jesus entered and passed through Jericho.
Luk 19:2 And, behold, there was a man named Zacchaeus, which was the chief among the publicans, and he was rich.
Luk 19:3 And he sought to see Jesus who he was; and could not for the press, because he was little of stature.
Luk 19:4 And he ran before, and climbed up into a sycomore tree to see him: for he was to pass that way.
Luk 19:5 And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up, and saw him, and said unto him, Zacchaeus, make haste, and come down; for to day I must abide at thy house.
Luk 19:6 And he made haste, and came down, and received him joyfully.
Luk 19:7 And when they saw it, they all murmured, saying, That he was gone to be guest with a man that is a sinner.

HUGS

Reactions: amigo de christo

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luk 19:2 And, behold, there was a man named Zacchaeus, which was the chief among the publicans, and he was rich.
Luk 19:3 And he sought to see Jesus who he was; and could not for the press, because he was little of stature.
Luk 19:4 And he ran before, and climbed up into a sycomore tree to see him: for he was to pass that way.
Luk 19:5 And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up, and saw him, and said unto him, Zacchaeus, make haste, and come down; for to day I must abide at thy house.
Luk 19:7 And when they saw it, they all murmured, saying, That he was gone to be guest with a man that is a sinner.

HUGS

yea that’s the one the chief of all stealers.
Wonder what he was so hungry for?

Reactions: Ziggy

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
You should be careful as to whom you bother with your silliness and sin.
God just might get enough of it and send a evil spirit to your and your household to torment you
like He did to Saul. Besides, I say it is long over due.

And one more thing.

you cannot keep me from posting on this forum
unless you buy it and remove it from the internet.
OR STAY ON IT 24/7 AND EVEN THEN
if God be willing
your effort would be in vain.

I am waiting for God to kill you
so as you will be gone for good.
I WILL STILL BE HERE.

If you were a brother you wouldn't be attempting to curse me. I simply watch, and see you spew vile demonic filth everywhere you go. Anyone with even a little discernment or biblical literacy can tell. Especially when you start showing your teeth like the above.

And by the way your curse for me to die back in 2020 didn't alight. You should have taken it as a sign, but I'm certain you have been given more warnings than that over the years. I expect the Lord's patience is starting to ware thin with you, and with this world in general.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

HUGS
The sinner that was drawn to Christ and DID REPENT and not justify his evil . we might wanna remember that part too .
cause today i am seeing this other jesus that seemeth to embrace the evils of men rather than to correct the evils
and those who come to that jesus seem to be HONORING THEIR SINS and not repenting of said sins .
Another jesus cannot convert the sinner from the errors of his ways . BUT JESUS CAN . so its time we preach that one
and HIS doctrine . Rather than judging those who still correct sin IN THE CHURCH .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
another jesus cannot save , it cannot convert , it will only agree with the sins of he who cometh to it .
Example . we got the rainbow jesus . i sure dont seem to see them being converted from that sin
CAUSE that jesus ACCEPTS THAT SIN and that is why THEY CAME TO IT . see and understand
if the jesus ya coming too contradicts the biblical one , that GOD , HIS DOCRTRINE . THEN IT AINT JESUS THEY COMING TOO .
THAT BE A FACT . i know this pisses people off . BUT TRUE IT IS . EITHER WE LOVE JESUS CHRIST
or we love the DEVIL who used his name to bring us to another jesus that accepts our sins . BINGO .
all incluisive sin accepting rainbow love IS FALSE , all inclusive many path to GOD love IS FALSE . THEY ALL COMING TO THE DEVIL
who through the flesh and lusts of men THEY DO HONOR . its all a sham folks . ITS TIME WE GOT US FACE FIRST
and NOSE DEEP and buried BROW DEEP in bibles again .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia