The Popular False Justification and False Sanctification View Today.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are indirectly preaching against the words of Jesus and the doctrine according to godliness because your diplomatic immunity to sin type belief has no consequences to lead a person to truly live godly and to truly desire to heed Jesus’ words on His warnings against how sin can destroy our soul in the afterlife (See again Matthew 5:28-30, Matthew 6:15, Matthew 12:37, Matthew 25:31-46, Luke 9:62).

For if you take away the consequences of breaking a law then people are going to be more likely to break it. For example: If there was no punishment for going over the speed limit, then more people would be more likely to disregard the speed limit, and do whatever they felt was good and right in their own eyes.

For example: I live in a state where the cops do not tend to care about your speed on the highway so much. But the state I grew up in, the cops were everywhere trying to get you for speeding. So the difference is the way you see people drive. The state I am in currently people drive crazy, and fast. The state I grew up in they drive a lot more slower, and safely and they are reserved. This shows that if a law is enforced with punishment, people are more likely to obey.
Lol

1. If you say a little smallest of white lies. Your worthy of the death penalty.
2. If you know to do right and do not do it. You are worthy of the death penalty
3. If you see a person hunger and do not feed them, Your worthy of the death penalty
4. If you see a twig in your brothers eye and try to pluck it our while refusing to see the log in your eye. Your worthy of the death penalty
5. If you judge someone falsly, and bear false witness, you are worthy of the death penalty
6. If you dishonor your parent you are worthy of the death penalty
7. If you look at a woman with lust, your worthy of the death penalty.

As a typical legalist. You think some sins are worthy of the death penalty and some are not. Thus your ok. Because you do not commit those sins

News flash my friend. The penalty of SIN is death. It does not matter how SMALL that sin is. It has a death penalty attached to it.

When you look at all the sin you have commited in your life since birth. Ask yourself how many death penalties you have against you. Then look in the mirror and continue to lie to yourself abou how much you please God. Where you stand today, YOU DESERVE HELL. WE ALL DO

Until you repent and come to that conclusion. You will never find grace or understand it.

And while you sit there and bear false witness against those who have come to true repentance. And try to claim they are like the licentious people who have never met God. Continuing to pile up death penalties against your eternal record. You will have no one to blame but yourself when you stand in front of God on judgment day

Reactions: mailmandan

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well of course not. Because I do not believe as you claim. Nor do I believe a person who claims to be saved and turns into a murderer and or rapist ever knew God. Unlike you I believe in the power of God to change people

First, you need to understand that it only took one sin from Adam to set the Fall of mankind into motion.

Second, when I talk with Christians who believe as you do, their standard of morality is not consistent and it is contradictory. Christians who believe as you do generally accept the Gotquestions article below that states that a believer’s life is not identified by a life of sin, and yet they are forgiven no matter how many times they sin, and they are saved even if they backslidden into a prodigal lifestyle of sin.

Is a backsliding Christian still saved? | GotQuestions.org

This is not a consistent standard of morality.
It’s a contradiction.
Somebody who says they are not identified by a life of sin and then turns around and double speaks (like a person with a split personality) and says they are saved no matter how many times they sin or if they even backslide into a lifestyle of sin does not truly agree with living holy as any kind of real standard that is consistent or reliable.

While I am sure you disagree with Hyper Grace Christians (who do believe you can murder, rape, steal, cheat and be saved by having a belief alone in Jesus Christ), at least they are being consistent in saying that salvation is by Faith Alone or a Belief Alone in the Savior Jesus Christ (Although their belief is not biblical).

You said:
Typical response from a legalist self righteous person who thinks they are ok.

Not really. I judge myself and I do hold to the possibility that I may not make it into the Kingdom. Even Paul thought he could be a cast away. But I fight and strive to work out my salvation with fear and trembling (Philippians 2:12). Where am I going to go? The Lord has the words of eternal life. But you don’t believe verses like Philippians 2:12, etcetera. You must distort them to your own destruction.

You said:
John said those born of God CAN’T Live like the devil. Why do you always pick and chose what parts of the Bible that seem to support your view. And ignore the rest.?
Once again, Why don’t you believe in the power of God to change lives? Then again, you do not believe in the power of God to save. So why would you believe he can actually change people

The problem is that you really don’t believe a Christian is fully and radically changed to a point whereby they truly live holy according to the standard set out in God’s Word (See your post #81). You don’t believe Galatians 5:24, 1 Peter 4:1-2, and 2 Corinthians 7:1. You take verses like 1 John 1:8 as meaning that Christians will always sin this side of Heaven. Some Christians who believe as you do will even say that they sin daily in thought and deed but they live more progressively holy (Whatever that means).

You said:
Jude spoke of people who claimed to believe in Grace but lived like the devil. He not only said they never knew God. He said their destruction was predetermined.

So you believe holy living plays a part of the salvation equation?

You said:
You using this to support your self righteous works based Gospel just shows how you pick and chose scripture to support your phariseeism..SMH

First, it’s not self righteousness to obey God’s instructions in the New Testament.

Second, the gospel is 1 Corinthians 15:1-4, and it is grace focused. 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 is a part of the 1st aspect of our salvation in being saved by God’s grace without works.

Three, the Pharisees did not keep a consistent standard of morality. Matthew 23:23, and Luke 11:42 says that they ignored the weightier matters of the Law like love, faith, justice, and mercy. This is what I believe Perpetual Belief Alone-ism or OSAS leads to doing. It leads to a person not keeping consistent with God’s commands. For why even keep God’s commands if you are forgiven of future sin?

You said:
It also says those who are born of Gd can not live in sin, and those who live in sin has NEVER SEEn or KNOWN GOD.

So you believe holy living plays a part in our salvation or in the removal of the penalty of sin?
If this is not the case, then you must defend immoral living instead.
That is your only two options here.
Oh, and before you bring it up, your free will is no longer erased after accepting Christ. So you are not forced against your will to live holy for the Lord.

We are told in the Bible:

“...We are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end.” (Hebrews 3:13-14).

"Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life." (Jude 1:21).

"...be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life." (Revelation 2:10).​

We are told to in the Bible:

1. Continue in the grace of God (Acts of the Apostles 13:43).

2. Continue in the faith (Acts of the Apostles 14:22) (Colossians 1:23).

3. Continue in his goodness, otherwise we can be cut off (just like the Jews were cut off) (Romans 11:21-22).

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See how you once again pick and chose scripture to support your works?

So you don’t believe 1 John 3:7 says that he that does righteousness is righteous?
You don’t believe 1 John 3:10 says he that does not righteousness is not of God?

Besides, it’s more than about works. Good works will not save a believer if they also justify sin or iniquity. We learn this in Matthew 7:22-23. Certain believers did wonderful works in His name but they were cast out because they also worked iniquity (Which is sin).

But if you are in doubt works save after we are saved by God’s grace, then try living a fruitless life then and believe in Jesus alone as your Savior.

You said:
But when it comes to Gods righteous standard. There is none righteous no not one.

If you believe Romans 3:10, and Romans 3:23 are saying that we are not righteous, then you must also believe Romans 3:11 also applies to you, as well (in order to be consistent). Romans 3:11 says that no one understands, and seeks after God. So are you saying you don’t understand the things of God and you don’t seek after Him? This is the interpretative view you must take if you believe Romans 3:10 and Romans 3:23 is talking about the present tense day to day life of the believer.

You said:
The pharisee was righteous according to the law in the eyes of men. Look what it got them It won’t get you any more than it got them

The Pharisee religion is exactly like Perpetual Belief Alone-ism or OSAS.
They thought they had favor with God simply by saying to themselves that they were sons of Abraham.
But Jesus said that if they were sons of Abraham they would do the works of Abraham.

You said:
Your to focused on works and being good.

Actually, that’s not the full story of what I believe.
I am focused on God’s grace first, and then I also focus on doing good or living holy by God’s power because that is a part of the instructions I was given by God in the New Testament. Have you not read these instructions in the New Testament to do good or do you think they are non-existent?

You said:
When can you ever serve people. All you think about is yourself.

Sorry. You are not God to simply don’t know my heart, mind, and life.
You also have no clue about what I actually believe.

You said:
The jews thought the same thing. Yet they spoke just like you and rejected their messiah who came to save them. You really think you would do different? You speak the same words and act the same as they do.

I provide Scripture to support my beliefs. You don’t. You also again don’t know my heart, and life.
But of course you need to make it about my life instead of discussing your belief that is not in the Bible.
You need to take the focus off the Bible and make it about something else to uplift your unbiblical belief.

You said:
you do it for glory of self. Not love. You already admitted that you please God.. Thats all you care about. Your trying to please God to save yourself. Your not fooling anyone but yourself.

You got things backwards. You need to read the Bible more.

Hebrews 11:6 says, “But without faith it is impossible to please him…”
1 Thessalonians 2:4 says: “…even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts.”
Romans 8:8 says: “So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.”
1 John 3:22 says: “And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight”

You said:
Lol. There you go focuses on sin again and how righteous you THINK you are

Much of the New Testament focuses on us putting away sin.
Have you not read those verses?

You said:
We don’t buddy up with sin either. We confess our sins to God and to each other as we are told. We disciple each other. But our focus is on living others and serving.. Not trying to be the most righteous people on earth and pleasing God. We acknowledge there is nothing in us that pleases God. And anything we do is all praise and glory to him. Because without him and his spirit. We would do nothing good.

Believers need to please God by the way they live, and also by serving others. It’s not all one or the other. Please read your New Testament more. Or do you really need me to bring up the verses for you?

You said:
And here we go. You must not think you violate Gods law. Yet you do. Your no different than them, your no different than anyone else.

And out goes the window all that talk before in how you believe Christians live holy lives.

You said:
James said if they kept the whole law yet stumbled in one point they are guilty of all. They did not keep the law. You do not keep the law. I do not keep the law/ It is an unobtainable standard. It was made that way for a reason. To shut our mouths, that all of us stand guilty before God.

Read James chapter 2. The context is not in support of how we cannot keep God’s laws but it was in context of keeping God’s laws. Read also James 1:12, and James 1:21.

You said:
Yet jesus said unless our righteousness exceeds theirs we have no hope. When it came to law giving they were the mother Theresa’s of their day. Who was more righteous No one. (Well one was. His name was Jesus, remember what he tried to get them to see? Why do you cal me GOOD NO ONE IS GOOD by God.

Uh, mother Theresa was a Catholic. This means she supported the idolatry in the Catholic Church, and in Necromancy (in contact the dead - praying to dead people). These are things that the Bible condemns. So she was no saint by any means. Like I said before, one can do wonderful works but if they also work sin or iniquity Jesus will tell them to depart from Him.

You said:
Are you God?

No. I am just relaying to you what His Word says (of which you don’t like to hear).

You said:
Sin damns everyone my friend/ The fact you do not see that just proves you have no idea of your sinfulness and what God really thinks of it

Jesus came to save us from the penalty of sin. Your trying to save yourself by being good. It will not work.

I will give you some verses on this one in my next post to you.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Eternally Grateful

After we are saved by God's grace,
God’s works (done through us) are also required as a part of the Salvation Process:

(Here are a List of Verses):

#1. “Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only." (James 2:24).

#2. "Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.” (James 2:17-18).

#3. "They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate." (Titus 1:16).

#4. "If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness; He is proud, knowing nothing," (1 Timothy 6:3-4).

Supplemental verse:

"...God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble." (James 4:6).

#5. "And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him." (Hebrews 5:9).

#6. "Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord" (Hebrews 12:14).

#7. “...God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth” (2 Thessalonians 2:13).

Supplemental verses:

(a) “That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.” (2 Thessalonians 2:12).

(b) “...and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace, Comfort your hearts, and establish you in every good word and work.” (2 Thessalonians 2:16-17).

#8. “There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.” (Romans 8:1).

Supplemental verse:

“For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.” (Romans 8:13).

#9. "If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema [accursed] Maranatha."(1 Corinthians 16:22).

Supplemental verses:

(a) "If ye love me, keep my commandments." (John 14:15).

(b) “If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.” (John 15:10).

#10. ”And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.” (Luke 10:25-28).

#11. “...if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.” (Matthew 19:17-19).

#12. "And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me." (Matthew 10:38). ”If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? (Matthew 16:24-26).

#13. "...No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God." (Luke 9:62) (cf. Luke 8:11-15, 1 Corinthians 4:15).

#14. "But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile; But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile: For there is no respect of persons with God." (Romans 2:8-11).

Supplemental verses:

(a) "Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls." (James 1:21).

(b) “Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.” (James 1:12).

(c) "For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved." (John 3:20).

#15. “And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.” (John 5:29).

#16. ”And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.” (Revelation 22:12-15).

#17. “For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.” (Romans 11:21-22).

#18. “Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.” (Philippians 2:12-13).

#19. ”Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.” (Matthew 25:34-40).
“Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.” (Matthew 25:41-46).

#20. ”His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.” (Matthew 25:21).
”And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” (Matthew 25:30).

(Continued in next post):

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
#21. “In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.” (1 John 3:10).

#22. “He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God” (John 8:47).

#23. “But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.” (1 John 1:7) (cf. 1 John 2:9-11).

#24. “For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 5:20).

#25. “Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.” (Matthew 7:24-27).

#26. “Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.” (Matthew 7:21).

Supplementary verse:

“For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication” (1 Thessalonians 4:3).

#27. “And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet [Jesus], shall be destroyed from among the people.” (Acts of the Apostles 3:23).

#28. “I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.’ (John 15:5-6).

Supplementary verses:

(a) “Bring forth therefore fruits befitting for repentance” (Matthew 3:8).

(b) “And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.” (Matthew 3:10).

#29. “And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.” (1 Peter 4:18-19).

#30. “For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.” (Galatians 6:8-9).

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible teaches only past sins are forgiven us (not future sins).

Believers need to confess and

forsake sin to continue to obtain forgiveness (or salvation).

Here are the verses in the Bible that teach or imply that past sins only are forgiven:

2 Peter 1:9 KJB

“But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

2 Peter 1:9 BLB

“For in whomever these things are not present, he is blind, being short sighted, having received forgetfulness of the purification from his former sins.”

1 John 1:9 KJB

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”

Acts of the Apostles 8:22 KJB

Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.”

Hebrews 10:26 KJB

“For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,”

Proverbs 28:13 KJB

He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.”

Romans 6:22-23 KJB

22 “But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”

Romans 8:13 KJB

For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.”

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 KJB

9 “Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.”

John 3:20 KJB

“For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.”

1 John 3:15 KJB

Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.”

1 John 3:8 KJB

He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.”

Acts of the Apostles 5:1-11 KJB

1 “But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession,
2 And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet.
3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

5 And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.
6 And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him.
7 And it was about the space of three hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in.
8 And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so much? And she said, Yea, for so much.
9 Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out.
10 Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying her forth, buried her by her husband.
11 And great fear came upon all the church, and upon as many as heard these things.”

Matthew 10:33 KJB

“But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.”

Matthew 6:15 KJB

“But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.”

Revelation 22:12-15 KJB

12 “And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie
All of those words were spoke to those who had not yet completely laid down their life giving it over to Christ, many of which were before salvation had even come.

To these it was also told, "Many are called, but few chosen.” Which is to say, that [if] "anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me." Which many of that generation had not yet done or even as yet had opportunity to do so.

For this reason Paul counselled the need of "rightly dividing the word of truth"...as the gospels speak to some who were before salvation had come, but also to those after, each being told something different. Indeed, that dividing line, Jesus literally divided with His death, between "the dead in Christ" and "the living in Christ", the sheep of two different folds--even between Israel and the gentiles. As it is written: "to the Jew first and also to the Greek."

Do you not see that what would have been told to those before salvation had come, would be different than what was told to those after? This is that need of "rightly dividing the word of truth"...which changes everything!

Last edited:
Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol

1. If you say a little smallest of white lies. Your worthy of the death penalty.

A lie is a lie; And all liars will have their part in the lake of fire.
So yes.

You said:
2. If you know to do right and do not do it. You are worthy of the death penalty

In some cases? Yes. But in all cases? No. There are sins that do not lead to death (1 John 5:16) (Matthew 5:22 AMP).

You said:
3. If you see a person hunger and do not feed them, Your worthy of the death penalty

Yes.

You said:
4. If you see a twig in your brothers eye and try to pluck it our while refusing to see the log in your eye. Your worthy of the death penalty

Depends on the sin… but in most cases this would be a… Yes.

You said:
5. If you judge someone falsly, and bear false witness, you are worthy of the death penalty

Yes.

You said:
6. If you dishonor your parent you are worthy of the death penalty

Yes.

You said:
7. If you look at a woman with lust, your worthy of the death penalty.

Yes.

But we can confess of our sins to be forgiven of our sins, and we can employ the methods in God’s Word to overcome such sins in this life. Not all believers may go from zero to hero overnight, but they do need to overcome so as to live holy at some point. For without holiness, no man shall see the Lord (Hebrews 12:14). This would even include me. If I am found not living holy at any point and I die, then I will be condemned.

You said:
As a typical legalist. You think some sins are worthy of the death penalty and some are not. Thus your ok. Because you do not commit those sins

You don’t even know what sins not unto death even are.
There are not many listed in the Bible actually.

You said:
News flash my friend. The penalty of SIN is death. It does not matter how SMALL that sin is. It has a death penalty attached to it.

This is what you have been taught but you did not get this belief from reading and studying the Bible without Protestants talking in your ear. Your belief comes from what men believe and you did not derive your belief from simply reading the Bible alone with God’s help. That is the difference between us. You are merely parroting the Protestant religion just as Catholics parrot the Catholic religion.

You said:
When you look at all the sin you have commited in your life since birth. Ask yourself how many death penalties you have against you. Then look in the mirror and continue to lie to yourself abou how much you please God. Where you stand today, YOU DESERVE HELL. WE ALL DO

Thus all that talk before about believers living holy lives is a sham or a lie.
This is why your standard on basic morality is not consistent.
You are either for holy living or you are not.
He that does righteousness is righteous (1 John 3:7).
He that commits sin is of the devil (1 John 3:8).
Choose this day in whom you will serve.
You cannot serve two masters.
This applies to not only you, but to my life, as well.
I am not above God’s Word anymore than you are.

You said:
Until you repent and come to that conclusion. You will never find grace or understand it.

I believe in grace just fine. I argue with Catholics and the Church of Christ in their denial in being saved initially and foundationally by God’s grace. But I don’t see the Protestant’s view on grace as biblical, either. They see grace as forgiving future sin (Which gives a person a license to sin - even though they try to double speak their way out of it).

You said:
And while you sit there and bear false witness against those who have come to true repentance. And try to claim they are like the licentious people who have never met God. Continuing to pile up death penalties against your eternal record. You will have no one to blame but yourself when you stand in front of God on judgment day

Not really because whenever I speak with Perpetual Belief Alone Proponents or OSAS believers, they told me that they will always sin this side of Heaven according to a false interpretation of 1 John 1:8. Even your own words condemn you. You said, we all deserve hell. We all do (Implying that you sin). But they that are Christ’s have crucified the affections and lusts (Galatians 5:24). You simply don’t believe Galatians 5:24 (among other verses).

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What law is it you feel I do not understand sir, as I sure do not see the "proof"?
Lol

You seem to think you can obey the law and live up to its standards.

Moses said cursed is the one who does not obey every word. Have you done that? No

Because of that. Paul said cursed is everyone who tries to put themselves under law. And he repeats it; Cursed is the one who does not obey every word.

James said we can keep the WHOLE LAW. Yet STUMBLE in one point. We are guilty of all

When you stumble in one point. Your as guilty as everyone else who committed at least 1 sin. There is no turning back.

So you either ignore that these are parts of scripture. Or you ignore that you are a sinner. Which is it?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First, you need to understand that it only took one sin from Adam to set the Fall of mankind into motion.
I need to understand this? This is exactly what I have been saying all along, it is what James prety much said,

Imagine if taking a bite of fruit caused the fall of mankind, what you sin does? You think you are better than them?

Second, when I talk with Christians who believe as you do, their standard of morality is not consistent and it is contradictory. Christians who believe as you do generally accept the Gotquestions article below that states that a believer’s life is not identified by a life of sin, and yet they are forgiven no matter how many times they sin, and they are saved even if they backslidden into a prodigal lifestyle of sin.
And?

You do realise there are three types of people who call themselves believers.

1. Licentious. Easy believism, they turn the grace of God to licentiousness. They have no faith in Christ. Their faith is in their lives,

2. Grace - They believe and have repented the true repentance that leads to live and are given eternal life and the seal of the spirit. They admit sin is sin is sin, and no one should try to excuse any sin

3. Legalism 0 they believe that we begin in the spirit. B it we must maintain salvation by our deeds.

What is amazing is licentious people call grace people legalists. Claiming we are urging them for sin. While legalists call us licentious. Because we call them out for their sin of unbelief also. Their faith is in self. And their ability to change. Not in Gods ability to change them.

Is a backsliding Christian still saved? | GotQuestions.org

This is not a consistent standard of morality.
It’s a contradiction.
Somebody who says they are not identified by a life of sin and then turns around and double speaks (like a person with a split personality) and says they are saved no matter how many times they sin or if they even backslide into a lifestyle of sin does not truly agree with living holy as any kind of real standard that is consistent or reliable.

While I am sure you disagree with Hyper Grace Christians (who do believe you can murder, rape, steal, cheat and be saved by having a belief alone in Jesus Christ), at least they are being consistent in saying that salvation is by Faith Alone or a Belief Alone in the Savior Jesus Christ (Although their belief is not biblical).
Their faith is no more biblical than yours my friend. Instead of turning against them and going to the far side the other way. Come to the middle with True repentant believers who do not deny Gods great salvation more his power to change lives.
Not really. I judge myself and I do hold to the possibility that I may not make it into the Kingdom. Even Paul thought he could be a cast away. But I fight and strive to work out my salvation with fear and trembling (Philippians 2:12). Where am I going to go? The Lord has the words of eternal life. But you don’t believe verses like Philippians 2:12, etcetera. You must distort them to your own destruction.
And here we have it. You do not have faith. Because you believe YOU MAY FAIL. Your faith is in self and you just proved it.

You do not have the eternal life that John said we can know we have. You do not trust God. Your trust is in self.

The problem is that you really don’t believe a Christian is fully and radically changed to a point whereby they truly live holy according to the standard set out in God’s Word (See your post #81). You don’t believe Galatians 5:24, 1 Peter 4:1-2, and 2 Corinthians 7:1. You take verses like 1 John 1:8 as meaning that Christians will always sin this side of Heaven. Some Christians who believe as you do will even say that they sin daily in thought and deed but they live more progressively holy (Whatever that means).
So I quote the epistle of John where he said those who are born of God can not live in sin. And those who sin have never seen or known God, And you claim I do not belive a christian is fully changed.. LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Dude, you just lost the ability to argue, you also have just PROVED you have not heard a word I said.

When your ready to talk come and let me know

Last edited:
Reactions: mailmandan

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Eternally Grateful

After we are saved by God's grace,
God’s works (done through us) are also required as a part of the Salvation Process:

Then these things are true

1. We do not have eternal life. We have conditional life
2. We are not sealed with the spirit UNTIL the day of redemption, we are only sealed conditionally and as long as we continue to live up to Gods standard, and do not fall
3. We do not have hope in God we must hope in self
4. Jesus lied when he said it is finished, he meant to say, I did my part now you do your part
5. We are not saved. We are continuing to try to save ourself
6. Our faith and hope can not be in God. Because God can fail and we can fall

Your trying to mix justification (declaired righteous) and sanctification (christian growth)

Its ok though. I will pray for you. You want to be a fool (yes paul called anyone who claimed we begin in the spirit but think we must perfect in the flesh in gal 3)

I will pray for you. Once again, You proved you have not heard a word I said in the last post. I am not playing childish games anymore.. I will just post truth and expose hypocrisy and self righteousness.

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol

Moses said cursed is the one who does not obey every word. Have you done that? No

First, the Old Law is no longer applicable to believers today (Acts of the Apostles 13:39) (Acts of the Apostles 15) (Romans 6:14) (Romans 7:6).

Second, Paul says he is not without Law but he is under the Law(s) to Christ (1 Corinthians 9:21).

Three, Paul says that if any man does not agree with the words of Jesus Christ and the doctrine according to godliness, he is proud and he knows nothing (1 Timothy 6:3-4). James 4:6 says God resists the proud and gives grace to the humble. Your belief does not agree with the words of Jesus and the doctrine according to godliness because you believe Romans 3, and 1 John 1:8 are arguments that we all sin and do unrighteousness (on some level). Sure, you may not be openly Hyper Grace, but at certain times in your life, it appears like this is the case. You are Partial Hyper Grace.

You said:
Because of that. Paul said cursed is everyone who tries to put themselves under law. And he repeats it; Cursed is the one who does not obey every word.

Because the Old Law is no longer applicable anymore (2 Corinthians 3:7-17) (Colossians 2:14-17).

You said:
James said we can keep the WHOLE LAW. Yet STUMBLE in one point. We are guilty of all

Right, and he was referring to those type of laws that if broken would lead to spiritual death.
James was not referring to non-death sins like in 1 John 5:16, and in Matthew 5:22 AMP.

You said:
When you stumble in one point. Your as guilty as everyone else who committed at least 1 sin. There is no turning back.

Uh, Christians do have grace by confessing their sins to be forgiven of their sins (1 John 1:9). These sins are confessed to their advocate Jesus Christ (1 John 2:1). This confession of sin is not a license to sin or a paying of lip service without overcoming sin because 1 John 1:9 says that the purpose of confessing sin is not only to be forgiven of sin but it is to also cleanse ourselves from ALL unrighteousness. You don’t believe 1 John 1:9 (Among many other verses because you prefer to have Protestants talk in your ear to give you doctrine versus just reading the Bible alone with God’s help).

You said:
So you either ignore that these are parts of scripture. Or you ignore that you are a sinner. Which is it?

A believer is only a sinner if they commit sin. Sin is transgression of the Law (1 John 3:4).
You most likely believe that when you sin, that Jesus does not see your sin because He paid for it on the cross.
This is a license to sin because that means you can do whatever you want because Jesus paid for all your sins.
You can murder, cheat, steal, fornicate, etcetera all because Jesus paid for all your future sins already.
Granted, you try to double speak your way out of this kind of false belief you hold to, but this is not surprising. You will fight tooth and nail to defend your sin and still be saved type belief. Again, you may not be Hyper Grace, but you sure sound like you are Partial Hyper Grace.
For you don’t believe confessing sin is conditional upon being forgiven (saved) or you don’t believe living holy is a part of the salvation process (i.e. Sanctification also removes the penalty of sin - Just read 1 John 1:7).

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, redemption from sin. As his relatives, He has bought back and redeemed from sin the 'land' that we sold to sin.

Yes. By faith. We receive salvation through the sacrifice of Christ, by faith.

Faith is a thing. It's the ability to know something is true that you can't see. And so it is by faith that we are able to know that the gospel is true. It's a supernatural enabling given to a person so they can know the gospel is true so they can then place their trust in that which they now know to be true.

By faith (God's supernatural power to know something is true) we know God's promise to forgive our sins through Jesus Christ is true. And so we have the foundation upon which to then trust in the blood of Christ and receive that forgiveness of sin.

Have you ever contemplated what this passage is saying Ferris?:
(Proverbs 21:2) . . .All of a man’s ways seem right to him, But Jehovah examines the hearts.

What would you say the meaning is sir?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe you misunderstood me. I should have clarified my words a little better.

I updated this part of my post for better clarity (So hopefully you understand):

“….Christians are not under the 613 Laws of Moses (even though we are obligated to keep certain laws which have been repeated in the New Covenant or within the Laws of Christ).” ~ Bible Highlighter (Post #28).​

In other words, I believe the commands from the Old Law like do not murder, do not steal, do not covet, etcetera have been repeated in the New Testament and we are obligated to keep them as a part of eternal life. However, we are not under the whole package deal or contract of the 613 Laws of Moses. Meaning, we don’t have to keep the Saturday Sabbath, circumcision, dietary laws, holy days, offer animals for sacrifice, render an eye for an eye, make oaths, stone others for breaking certain aspects of the Old Law, etcetera.

Thank you sir for clarifying and I apologize for my misunderstanding. I believe you and I are definitely on the same page with this topic. I appreciate your kindness and the length you went to correct my misunderstanding of your post.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then these things are true

1. We do not have eternal life. We have conditional life

Eternal life is a person named Jesus Christ and eternal life is not a super power or a magical wish granted to a person by God.

1 Timothy 6:15-16

15 “…the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.”

We have to abide in the Son in order to have life (i.e. eternal life).

1 John 5:12

He that hath the Son hath life;
and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.”

The assurance in how we can know that we truly know the Lord (or abide in Him) is if we find that we are keeping His commandments. For the person who says they know the Lord and they do not keep His commandments is a liar and the truth is not in them.

1 John 2:3-4

“And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.”
There are also many warnings in Scripture about how sin can destroy our souls, as well. What do you do with verses like Matthew 5:28-30 and Matthew 6:15?

You said:
2. We are not sealed with the spirit UNTIL the day of redemption, we are only sealed conditionally and as long as we continue to live up to Gods standard, and do not fall

As for Ephesians 1:13-14:

Many Christians love to bring up the seal of God as proof of the false teaching of eternal security.

However…

What is the condition of having the seal of God?

Scripture says, God the Father has set his seal upon those who labor for the meat that endures unto everlasting life.

"Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed." (John 6:27).

The Holy Spirit is given to those who obey Him (Acts of the Apostles 5:32).

In fact, what is a guarantee?

Guarantee receipts normally have conditions which you can normally read in the ”fine print”. If you get a guarantee receipt for a certain product and you would like to make a claim, the store might request that you bring both the product and the receipt with you before they are willing to look at your claim. They might also request that you do this within a certain time frame and that you state what’s wrong with the product. Another example could be if someone buys you a bus ticket which guarantees you to get to a certain city PROVIDED that 1) you don’t throw away your ticket, 2) that you embark the right bus on the right time, and 3) that you STAY ON the bus until it arrives at the city. The BUS will arrive at the city as promised, but the question is if YOU will choose to be among the bus passengers.

1 Samuel 16:14
But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him.

Psalms 51:11
Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me

Again, circumcision was a ”seal” for those under the old covenant.

Romans 4:11
And he received the sign of circumcision, a SEAL of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also.

This seal WAS broken and guaranteed nothing when those who were circumcised broke the covenant and were cut off from the people of God.

Romans 2:25-27
25 For circumcision verily profiteth, IF thou keep the law: but IF thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision. 26 Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision? 27 And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law?

As you can see, this seal was conditioned on continued faith and obedience. The Holy Spirit marks us as God’s children of the new covenant but if we abandon the faith, and/or live in disobedience then the Spirit of God no longer remains in us and we are no longer sealed. Circumcised (sealed) jews were broken off through unbelief.

Acts of the Apostles 5:32
And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

John 14:15-16
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever

Romans 8:9-10
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, IF so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. 10 And IF Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

God speaks of the Israelites who ”grieved” His Holy Spirit in their rebellion. These Jews were cut off from the promise of entering God’s rest and they became God’s enemies.

Isaiah 63:10
But they rebelled, and vexed his holy Spirit: THEREFORE he was turned to be their enemy, and he fought against them. —

Isaiah 63:14
As a beast goeth down into the valley, the Spirit of the LORD caused him to rest: so didst thou lead thy people, to make thyself a glorious name.

In the NT the ”rest” is the eternal rest that all believers will attain. The book of Hebrews continually speak of the promise of eternal rest, in combination with WARNINGS to believers not to miss out on this promised rest through hardening their hearts in unbelief, just as the Israelites did who rebelled against God during the Exodus (Read Hebrews 3 and Hebrews 10).

Source used for part of my post:
Sealed UNTO the day of redemption, but a seal can be broken Eph. 4:30

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you sir for clarifying and I apologize for my misunderstanding. I believe you and I are definitely on the same page with this topic. I appreciate your kindness and the length you went to correct my misunderstanding of your post.

My pleasure. It was not a problem.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol

The beauty of posting is that everything we say is in writing sir. I have been posting here for quite a while now, may I ask you to copy and paste anywhere I gave any indication that I believe that.

I asked you a simple question and you were unable to post any instance, so why would you say it?

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
3. We do not have hope in God we must hope in self
Salvation is synergistic.

James 4:8
“Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.”

Jeremiah 29:13
“And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.”

John 14:23

“Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.”

Philippians 2:12
“…work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.”

Again, the Pharisees believed in a form of Perpetual Belief Alone-ism like you do.
They said that they were sons of Abraham (i.e. implying they were saved by being the children of the promise) (See: Matthew 3:9). Jesus said to them if they were Abraham’s father they would do the works of Abraham (John 8:39). John the Baptist said, “Bring forth therefore fruit worthy of repentance:” (Matthew 3:8), and he also warned by saying, “the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.” (Matthew 3:10). The idea here is that if we don’t bring forth fruits (good deeds) worthy of repentance, we are like a tree whereby the axe will cut us down like a tree so as to be thrown into the fire (i.e. the Lake of Fire).

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
4. Jesus lied when he said it is finished, he meant to say, I did my part now you do your part
No. You are confusing Provisional Atonement verses with verses on being saved by God’s grace through faith in our Initial Salvation.
In reality, the Bible teaches that there are…

Four Aspects of Salvation:

When I read the Scriptures, I see 4 different aspects of salvation described.

#1. Provisional Atonement (not "Limited Atonement").
(A 100% Work of God alone that can only be applied personally to an individual's life via by being saved by God's grace and Sanctification).
This is Jesus paying the price for the sins of the entire world so as to offer mankind the free gift of salvation (if they so choose to accept it); Note: Christ's resurrection (to give us a new body not tainted by sin one day), and the ascension to the Father (after Christ telling Mary not to touch Him), and his entering the holy temple by his blood (to be our Heavenly High Priest) is also included in the Provisional Atonement, too. (For Provisional Atonement verses, see: John 1:29, 1 John 2:2, 1 Timothy 2:6, 2 Corinthians 5:19, Romans 5:6-8.) (Note: The best way to describe the Provisional Atonement is like a man who paid the price to pay off your debts by his handing you a check to be debt free; But it is up to you to receive the check, deposit it into your checking account, and pay off those you are in debt to; It's a gift, but like all good gifts in life, you have to receive the gift and use it properly to be of any benefit). Jesus provided an atonement, but it is up to us to receive it to personally apply to our lives by having a proper faith. Men will remain as sinners if they reject the Provisional Atonement of Jesus Christ. Jesus provided a provisional atonement (salvation) in dealing with sin as a way of escape for mankind to be saved through accepting Him (Who is the gift).

#2. God's Grace Through Faith in Jesus Christ as the Savior
(Initial Salvation, and or Foundational Salvation).
(The 1st synergistic work of GOD done in a believer).
Being saved by God's grace through faith in Jesus as ones Savior is the entrance gate to salvation, and it is the foundation of our salvation (by faith) upon which we stand. Being saved by God's grace is believing the gospel (Which is the power of God unto salvation to everyone who believes it - Romans 1:16). According to 1 Corinthians 15:1-4: The gospel is you believing that Jesus Christ died for your sins, He was buried, and He had risen again three days later for your salvation (Note: Do not let anyone sell you on another gospel besides this one). Depending on a person’s access or exposure to the Word: Being saved by God's grace will also generally include receiving Jesus as your Savior (John 1:12), and calling upon the name of the Lord (i.e. confessing with your mouth the words: “Lord Jesus” or similar equivalent - Romans 10:9) as a part of seeking forgiveness of your sins with Him by way of prayer (Romans 10:13) (Luke 15:18-21) (Luke 18:9-14). This process of salvation is without the deeds of the Law or works because it is based upon God’s mercy and grace and His redemptive work. As a result: One is born again spiritually (Note: Born again by the Spirit, and born again by water (i.e. the Scriptures - Romans 10:17, 1 Peter 1:23)). A person is foundationally or ultimately saved by God’s grace because if they happen to sin on rare occasion in their Christian walk, they do not do a good work to absolve that sin, but they confess of their sins to Jesus in order to be forgiven of that sin (1 John 1:9) (1 John 2:1) (Hebrews 4:16) (For verses on being saved by God's grace, see: Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 4:1-6, Titus 3:4-7, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4, Luke 18:9-14, Romans 5:1-2).

(Continued in next post):

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
#3. Sanctification of the Spirit to Live a Holy Life & A Belief of the Truth.
(The Next Step or Phase in the Salvation Process).
(The 2nd synergistic work of God done in a believer).

This is based on 2 Thessalonians 2:13-14 (Which is call of the gospel; Note: 2 Thessalonians 2:13-14 is not the gospel. It is simply the call of the gospel; For the gospel is 1 Corinthians 15:1-4).

2 Thessalonians 2:13-14

13 “…God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation
through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth
:
14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel,..”

Anyways, this secondary aspect of salvation is in two parts. It is a two part intertwined secondary aspect of salvation (Which joins the cord of Initial Salvation or Foundational Salvation in being saved by God’s grace; See note below at the end of this post). Anyways, this secondary aspect of salvation is in two parts. One does not exist without the other (Note: The following is mentioned in order according to 2 Thessalonians 2:13-14 and it is not stating that one cannot proceed the other or vise versa).

(a). Sanctification of the Spirit to Live a Holy Life is the next step or phase in Salvation for a believer who lives out their faith; This is the work of God moving in a believer's life so as to help them to live holy, and to do good works and to put away the lusts of the flesh. These good works are the works of God done through the believer, and so all boasting or praise is given to the Lord. Therefore, there is no boasting in one's own work because they are ultimately the works of God done through the believer. A believer today who obeys the Lord looks to the commands of Jesus and His followers within the New Testament primarily. For believers today are not under the 613 Laws of Moses as a whole package deal (even though certain laws have carried over into the New Testament). Basically all ceremonial laws and judicial laws in the Old Testament no longer apply. For example: Believers do not have to keep the Saturday Sabbath, circumcision, dietary laws, animal sacrifices, holy days, etc.; However, believers must keep God's Moral Laws like: Do not murder, do not steal, do not covet, do not lie, do commit adultery, etc.; Two of the greatest commands that we should focus on daily is to love God and love our neighbor which is more fully described in Mark 12:29-31. We need to worship or adore the Lord our God, preach the gospel, help the poor, love the brethren, love our enemies, and live holy lives, etc. (For Sanctification verses, see: James 2:24, James 2:17-18, Titus 1:16, Hebrews 5:9, 2 Thessalonians 2:13, Hebrews 12:14, Romans 8:1 (KJV), 1 Corinthians 16:22, Romans 8:13, etc.).

(b) A Belief of the Truth is also another secondary synergistic intertwined aspect of salvation for the believer (in addition to Sanctification of the Holy Spirit). We need to study to show ourselves approved unto God according to 2 Timothy 2:15 (KJB). We need to hold to certain correct doctrines or teachings in God’s Word. One example: It is implied that denying bodily resurrection means one’s faith is overthrown (See: 2 Timothy 2:17-18). So we need to study God’s Word (the Holy Bible) and hold to it’s truths. Now, does that mean one is not saved if they don’t know of the bodily resurrection? I don’t believe so. I believe that is what God’s grace is for. But once a key core doctrine of God’s Word is revealed to a believer, they cannot reject it. So a belief of the truth is similar to Sanctification. A Christian must grow in the knowledge of God’s Word and accept it’s beautiful fundamental truths. Does holding to all truths in the Bible save? Well, I don’t think a belief in the Nephilim saves (although it is a truth taught in His Word). But I believe there are other foundational truths we must eventually learn and accept as Christians. The Spirit will guide a believer into all truth within God’s Word.

#4. Glorification (The Future Salvation of the Truly Faithful Believer).
(A 100% Work of God alone that can only be applied personally to an individual's life via by being saved by God's grace and by properly applying the Sanctification of the Spirit to Live a Holy Life).

Glorification is when God takes the believer home to be with Him in His kingdom and He gives Him a new resurrected body that is not tainted by sin. This process of salvation (in being taken home) is a by product automatically for those believers who properly apply God's grace through faith in Christ, and Sanctification to their lives (For Glorification verses, see: 1 Peter 5:4, 1 Peter 1:4, 1 Corinthians 15:51-57, 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17, Romans 13:11, Philippians 3:20-21, Hebrews 9:28).

Conclusion:

God's grace, and then Sanctification (intertwined with a Belief of the Truth) is what we as believers need to be focused on. For if we are saved by His grace, and sanctified and believe the truth (which is only made possible by the Provisional Atonement), then we will be glorified.

Side Note:

(A) Initial Salvation is solely in being saved by God’s grace through faith without works.

(B) Continued Salvation (or the Secondary Aspect of Salvation) is sort of like a three corded rope (or a cord of three strands). This rope involves:

Cord #1. Initial Salvation continuing in our life as one strand of the rope in our ongoing trust in God’s grace as the foundation of our salvation. Without this grace, we would be without any hope and without salvation. For Jesus is our cornerstone or foundation upon which we are ultimately saved.

Cord #2. Sanctification of the Spirit (to live a holy life by God’s power according to His Word) (Living holy by the Spirit involves putting away sin, and doing good works, and in keeping oneself pure and not by justifying sin).

Cord #3. A Belief of the Truth (Which is a continual study and belief of God’s Holy Word known as the Holy Bible).

For Ecclesiastes 4:12 (GNT) says,
“A rope made of three cords is hard to break.”

full