The Positional Platform

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
ScottAU said:
You still cannot provide a single passage in scripture which teaches that the "righteousness of Christ" is imputed to the believer.
You're in denial, Scott. If the righteousness of GOD is imputed to believers, and Christ is GOD, then the righteousness of Christ is imputed to believers. Simple logic... simple that is when you're not in extreme denial.

afishamongmany

Jun 18, 2013
mid west France
Well hi folks and happy Monday to you. You've certainly seem to have had a busy Sunday.
Scott, at least I'm happy that now (with some help from CRFTD) I'm clear about what you believe.
The logical terminus of your handeling of God's Word and the theology you are (now) clearly stating is that you since becoming a Christian have lived, in thought, word and deed a sinless life. Maybe you believe that (I doubt very much that you do) but I certainly don't.

You say;

"Here I am preaching that one must forsake their rebellion and yield to God and that it is God that empowers us to walk in victory ..."
Amen to that.
"... and here you are arguing in favour of ongoing rebellion and the death of Christ being a cover for it."
I've heard nobody on this thread arguing "in favour of ongoing rebellion ...".
The argument has been clearly stated several times; It is only because the death of Christ ( glory, glory, glory to Him!) that we can walk in victory.
"My little children these things I write to you, that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. 1John 2:1

II. This sanctification is throughout, in the whole man;[7] yet imperfect in this life, there abiding still some remnants of corruption in every part;[8] whence arises a continual and irreconcilable war, the flesh lusting against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh.[9]
III. In which war, although the remaining corruption, for a time, may much prevail;[10] yet, through the continual supply of strength from the sanctifying Spirit of Christ, the regenerate part does overcome;[11] and so, the saints grow in grace,[12] perfecting holiness in the fear of God.[13]
Westminster Confession of Faith, Chapter 13
Amen, Amen and Amen!

So Scott we agree to disagree.
God bless, keep and illuminate us both, amen.
><>

ScottAU

Feb 27, 2013
afishamongmany said:
Well hi folks and happy Monday to you. You've certainly seem to have had a busy Sunday.
Scott, at least I'm happy that now (with some help from CRFTD) I'm clear about what you believe.
The logical terminus of your handeling of God's Word and the theology you are (now) clearly stating is that you since becoming a Christian have lived, in thought, word and deed a sinless life. Maybe you believe that (I doubt very much that you do) but I certainly don't.

You say;

"Here I am preaching that one must forsake their rebellion and yield to God and that it is God that empowers us to walk in victory ..."
Amen to that.
"... and here you are arguing in favour of ongoing rebellion and the death of Christ being a cover for it."
I've heard nobody on this thread arguing "in favour of ongoing rebellion ...".
The argument has been clearly stated several times; It is only because the death of Christ ( glory, glory, glory to Him!) that we can walk in victory.
"My little children these things I write to you, that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. 1John 2:1

II. This sanctification is throughout, in the whole man;[7] yet imperfect in this life, there abiding still some remnants of corruption in every part;[8] whence arises a continual and irreconcilable war, the flesh lusting against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh.[9]
III. In which war, although the remaining corruption, for a time, may much prevail;[10] yet, through the continual supply of strength from the sanctifying Spirit of Christ, the regenerate part does overcome;[11] and so, the saints grow in grace,[12] perfecting holiness in the fear of God.[13]
Westminster Confession of Faith, Chapter 13
Amen, Amen and Amen!

So Scott we agree to disagree.
God bless, keep and illuminate us both, amen.
><>
Do you realise that by defending, "the remaining corruption, for a time, may much prevail;" that you are implying Peter is a liar?

2Pe 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Let's look at the incident with Jesus, the blindman, and the Pharisess...

Joh 9:24 Then again called they the man that was blind, and said unto him, Give God the praise: we know that this man is a sinner.
Joh 9:25 He answered and said, Whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see.
Joh 9:26 Then said they to him again, What did he to thee? how opened he thine eyes?
Joh 9:27 He answered them, I have told you already, and ye did not hear: wherefore would ye hear it again? will ye also be his disciples?
Joh 9:28 Then they reviled him, and said, Thou art his disciple; but we are Moses' disciples.
Joh 9:29 We know that God spake unto Moses: as for this fellow, we know not from whence he is.
Joh 9:30 The man answered and said unto them, Why herein is a marvellous thing, that ye know not from whence he is, and yet he hath opened mine eyes.
Joh 9:31 Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.
Joh 9:32 Since the world began was it not heard that any man opened the eyes of one that was born blind.
Joh 9:33 If this man were not of God, he could do nothing.
Joh 9:34 They answered and said unto him, Thou wast altogether born in sins, and dost thou teach us? And they cast him out.
Joh 9:35 Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God?
Joh 9:36 He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him?
Joh 9:37 And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee.
Joh 9:38 And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.
Joh 9:39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.
Joh 9:40 And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?
Joh 9:41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

The Pharisees had the truth right in front of their noses. Here was Jesus preaching a message of pure righteousness and yet they helf fast to their traditions and rejected Him. They simply could not see.

The Bible says this...

1Pe 1:22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Yet practically no-one believe it today among those who profess Jesus Christ as Lord. What a tragedy of epic proportions. These people argue in favour of ongoing corruption and speak ill of those who contend for holiness/purity/obedience.

There is really nothing new under the sun, history just repeats itself.

I truly believe if one of the apostles were to come back today and preach to an average church congregation they would be utterly rejected. Oh what sadness. :( We need more time. It is a horrible thought to think of the utter shock many are going to experience at the judgment due to putting their trust in a fiction as opposed to abiding in the Spirit of life in Jesus Christ whereby they would have been truly made free indeed.

Here is my of my all time favourite sermons. Please watch it.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eL57nAm9Lo[/youtube]

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
ScottAU said:
Here is my of my all time favourite sermons. Please watch it.
Wow, I just spent an hour watching a guy in black face talking like he knows something the remnant doesn't know. This man is talking to the multitudes of unbelievers in the church.