The Power of God:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Vashti

Nov 10, 2011
I do not think that there is a magical power that flows from God to Christians, and makes them perfect. Personally, I have not experienced anything supernatural and my way of sanctification was and is a thorny and steep.

Since my conversion, I really have changed (still far from perfection), of course, via the work of the Holy Spirit, but I also never been easy and sometimes it cost me dearly ( even though Paul thinks of all this garbage ... Rightly, but I was not always easy to considered in practice all my life as garbage, because in theory it is a much easier).

It cost me dearly when I stopped taking smoking, although I was very dependent, when I stopped going where I went before, when I had to be opposed to my family and friends, etc. It was always hard and I stumbled many times.

I believe this is consistent with the Bible. Who thinks of Christianity is a nice easy way let he consider what the Bible encourages many times to resist sin, to put to death the deeds of the body by the Spirit ( Rom 8:13 ), to walk by the Spirit, and not gratify the desires of the flesh ( Gal 5:16-17 ) itp.

Unfortunately, the truth is with all sin, all without exception, besides the Lord. A quote from John (1Jn 3:6 ) I understand so that we do not yield without resistance to sin and we do not sin deliberately.

It is true that "a child of God is only sinless because they know the blood of Jesus takes away all their sins", but only when they turn away from their sins and repent for them.

Because I know Christians who indulge their sins and consoled himself with the blood of the Lord purifies them, or twist the truth so that the call sin good and good evil ( Isa 5:20 ).

For example not so long ago in this way did Aspen and Selene, claiming that in the Bible there is nothing about the elevation of Mary more than Jesus - somehow I do not think that the blood of Lord cleanses them. Others justify drinking alcohol, smoking, even drugs (thay justify it exactly like Aspen and Selene justify the cult of Mary - after all the Bible does not write about drugs/ about Mary, about smoking/ polygamy is good, because "God gave David multiple wives" etc. ) - and they also think that they children of God and they cleans the blood.

If someone truly is a child of God that examines your heart and dealings to eliminate sin, to traine to distinguish good from evil ( Heb 5:14 ), and not looking like twist scripture to cover up sin and turn it into good. Then the blood cleanses us. I understand these matters in this way.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
By your own words since you still sin just like everyone else you condemn yourself by what you write.

Rubbish. You say a lot about abiding in Him but you seem to have a false idea of how we abide in Him. To you it is about works to be sinless. To me it is abiding in faith that the shed blood covers all my sins.

Rather than say how you read the words of the bible you just say rubbish?

Saying things like that both avoids a real conversation and puts a bad light on you being able to comment on the bible at all.

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
All my threads on this forum were intended to get people to put, and build, their belief, faith, trust, and confidence in what God (Jesus) did for them on the cross. They were all about God reaching out to sinful people with a plan that saves sinners. They were all about what God has done for sinful man on the cross.

I have witnessed that my salvation is in the grace of God as shown on the cross. That the cross is the power of God to save sinners. That all who will place their belief, faith, trust, and confidence in God’s work on the cross will be saved.

Not one of the many threads I started have gone without the works crowd injecting man’s works for salvation. The very first reply on each of them is about what man has to do (works) for salvation.

Most on this forum will not hear it and certainly don’t want others to hear it. All they are interested in is works for salvation. It is a fact that none of them write about the shed blood on the cross.

I get the idea from them that salvation is obtained by a person joining a religion and doing good works. It is a shame that they don’t believe much about the shed blood of Jesus that pays for their salvation. I say this because they don’t seem to really believe it. If they did they would preach it. They certainly would not stand in the way of someone preaching it.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All my threads on this forum were intended to get people to put, and build, their belief, faith, trust, and confidence in what God (Jesus) did for them on the cross. They were all about God reaching out to sinful people with a plan that saves sinners. They were all about what God has done for sinful man on the cross.

I have witnessed that my salvation is in the grace of God as shown on the cross. That the cross is the power of God to save sinners. That all who will place their belief, faith, trust, and confidence in God’s work on the cross will be saved.

Not one of the many threads I started have gone without the works crowd injecting man’s works for salvation. The very first reply on each of them is about what man has to do (works) for salvation.

Most on this forum will not hear it and certainly don’t want others to hear it. All they are interested in is works for salvation. It is a fact that none of them write about the shed blood on the cross.

I get the idea from them that salvation is obtained by a person joining a religion and doing good works. It is a shame that they don’t believe much about the shed blood of Jesus that pays for their salvation. I say this because they don’t seem to really believe it. If they did they would preach it. They certainly would not stand in the way of someone preaching it.

Every way of man is right in his own eyes.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Vashti,

Nice post. I would only say that true repentance involves not only turning from sin but simultaneously a turning to Christ. Both are two sides of the same coin.To turn from sin by itself is only self serving if even possible.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011

That is because the word "do" and "does" is in the heart of the gospel of Christ.

John 9
31 Now we know that God does not hear sinners; but if anyone is a worshiper of God and does His will, He hears him.

Matthew 7
21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

Vashti

Nov 10, 2011
Vashti,

Nice post. I would only say that true repentance involves not only turning from sin but simultaneously a turning to Christ. Both are two sides of the same coin.To turn from sin by itself is only self serving if even possible.

I think if someone turn away from sin, it does so only because of Christ and I can not imagine any other reason ...

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
I do not think that there is a magical power that flows from God to Christians, and makes them perfect. Personally, I have not experienced anything supernatural and my way of sanctification was and is a thorny and steep.

Since my conversion, I really have changed (still far from perfection), of course, via the work of the Holy Spirit, but I also never been easy and sometimes it cost me dearly ( even though Paul thinks of all this garbage ... Rightly, but I was not always easy to considered in practice all my life as garbage, because in theory it is a much easier).

It cost me dearly when I stopped taking smoking, although I was very dependent, when I stopped going where I went before, when I had to be opposed to my family and friends, etc. It was always hard and I stumbled many times.

I believe this is consistent with the Bible. Who thinks of Christianity is a nice easy way let he consider what the Bible encourages many times to resist sin, to put to death the deeds of the body by the Spirit ( Rom 8:13 ), to walk by the Spirit, and not gratify the desires of the flesh ( Gal 5:16-17 ) itp.

Unfortunately, the truth is with all sin, all without exception, besides the Lord. A quote from John (1Jn 3:6 ) I understand so that we do not yield without resistance to sin and we do not sin deliberately.

It is true that "a child of God is only sinless because they know the blood of Jesus takes away all their sins", but only when they turn away from their sins and repent for them.

Because I know Christians who indulge their sins and consoled himself with the blood of the Lord purifies them, or twist the truth so that the call sin good and good evil ( Isa 5:20 ).

For example not so long ago in this way did Aspen and Selene, claiming that in the Bible there is nothing about the elevation of Mary more than Jesus - somehow I do not think that the blood of Lord cleanses them. Others justify drinking alcohol, smoking, even drugs (thay justify it exactly like Aspen and Selene justify the cult of Mary - after all the Bible does not write about drugs/ about Mary, about smoking/ polygamy is good, because "God gave David multiple wives" etc. ) - and they also think that they children of God and they cleans the blood.

If someone truly is a child of God that examines your heart and dealings to eliminate sin, to traine to distinguish good from evil ( Heb 5:14 ), and not looking like twist scripture to cover up sin and turn it into good. Then the blood cleanses us. I understand these matters in this way.

What do you think about Jesus turning water into wine?

Vashti

Nov 10, 2011
Jesus has done many miracles, always had some reason.

Joh 2:11 esv"(11) This, the first of his signs, Jesus did at Cana in Galilee, and manifested his glory. And his disciples believed in him."

I do not understand the questions especially in relation to my post.

if it is to be a suggestion of Jesus in the same way changes the people, personally I do not agree with that point of view, because people are not water, not branches, not sheep, etc. - because it's all just symbols for the transfer of certain truths.

But explain, please, your question and and what you meant.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Vashti, you said...

This is unfortunate because the Christian walk IS this "magical power" that flows from God to the child of God. It is important to not try to interpret the bible by what we have experienced up to this time. The bible is not a "do it yourself" book of things you can try in and of yourself.

The bible is written at a very deep level...a level that goes beyond death. We need to die from our former lives in order to partake of the life described and testified of in the bible.

The Christian walk is not a picnic. One must come to the very end of oneself before one can begin in Christ.

By mass marketing an easy salvation, the church system has mis-represented the truth by ignoring the "small print" that qualifies the truth and our participation in it.

Everything a person does in Christ is miraculous...otherwise any man could do it. :)

Vashti

Nov 10, 2011
But I have not told that Christians do make something themselves. Of course, whatever we can do we can only with the help of God, and without Him we can nothing to do.

But I think it does not mean that we do not have anything to do because it will do itself magical way.
Such an attitude is very common especially in Calvinism, and in my opinion it leads to a complete collapse and stagnation.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
There will always be conflict with this topic when trying to understand it from a paradigm based on Calvinism or Arminianism. Both are errant.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There will always be conflict with this topic when trying to understand it from a paradigm based on Calvinism or Arminianism. Both are errant.

Good thing there's Aspenianism! :)

Vashti

Nov 10, 2011
Easiest way is to pretend that these concepts do not exist, or that he is a level above the rest ...

When a Christian points of error to somebody, he should indicate concrete where someone the pale and show it in Scripture. But throw round lip and mock is much easier - here I agree.

Vashti

Nov 10, 2011
Agreed! God fits into no man's straitjacket!

But no one here is claimed that God fit into something. It seems that it was just jiggyfly ( and supporters ) tries someone to pigeonhole.

I only mentioned that it is such a phenomenon in Christianity like Calvinism - which is in line with the truth. That's all.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
But no one here is claimed that God fit into something. It seems that it was just jiggyfly ( and supporters ) tries someone to pigeonhole.

I only mentioned that it is such a phenomenon in Christianity like Calvinism - which is in line with the truth. That's all.

I wish I could understand what you are trying to say. I have a difficult time with understanding your posts. Can someone possibly interpret for me?

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
I noticed that you have a problem with understanding, in fact it can be seen.

Your English grammar leaves a lot to be desired and that is what I meant. Now if you want to insult me because you have trouble posting in English rather than just try to explain your post by putting it into other words then maybe you would be better suited for another forum.