The Power of the Hope in the Rapture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture texts...

If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister; - Colossians 1:23

1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure. - 1 John 3:1-3

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words. - 1 Thessalonians

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lmXrOLZnQY

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you fall for that video, you will fall for anything.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
kepha31 said:
If you fall for that video, you will fall for anything.

It's Bible, you would not understand it..but
Remember always, salvation is through the Son of God, God's grace and commandments, and NOT the sungod/satan and his doctrines and days of sunday, dec 25th and easter, all of which are non Biblical and of pagan origin.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
heretoeternity said:
It's Bible, you would not understand it..but
Remember always, salvation is through the Son of God, God's grace and commandments
Yes, that is a Catholic teaching, one of many you borrowed.
.and NOT the sungod/satan and his doctrines and days of sunday, dec 25th and easter, all of which are non Biblical and of pagan origin.
This is not the first time you have been screaming anti-Christian absurdities. You insult most Christians, Catholic and Protestant, who celebrate certain Christian events at the same time each year. Either you are grossly under-educated or belong to a cult, I don't know. Do you frown on birthday celebrations as well?

Dec. 25 is a fixed date, Easter follows the Jewish lunar calendar from the date of the Passover, which explains why it is not celebrated on the same day each year. In your blind rage you are indirectly accusing the Jews of paganism. In case you haven't noticed, Easter follows Good Friday by 3 days. Please be clear: do you think the Passover is of pagan origin? The Crucifixion? It looks to me like that is what you are screaming.

As for Dec. 25, no one knows for sure the exact date of Jesus' birth, but it is a day set aside for celebrating it. But on analysis of the scriptures, and what we know of Jewish special days, Dec. 25 could very well be a reasonable date. I said reasonable, I did not say for sure. But with Christmas around the corner, many of us will face false accusations of "pagan origins" and I invite anyone to copy and paste the following and file for future use:

Zechariah was acting as high priest when the birth of St. John the baptizer was announced to him in the Holy of Holies in the Temple. That would have been on Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement which falls in late September. St. John was conceived shortly thereafter during Sukkot, the Festival of Booths.

At the Annunciation, Mary was told that Elizabeth was 6 months pregnant. That would have been in late March.

Nine months later Jesus was born sometime in late December.

Now there is an interesting coincidence with all this. St. John would have been born near the Summer Solstice (the longest day of the year) everyday after that would get shorter until the Winter Solstice six months later, which is the shortest day of the year. Every day after that would get longer. In the First Century the Winter Solstice fell on December 25th.

It would be fitting that Jesus would have been born on the shortest day of the year because he is the "Light of the World":

Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. (John 8:12)

Everyday after his birth there was more light.

Also St. John the Baptizer said of himself:

He must increase, but I must decrease.” (John 3:30)

Which is exactly what happened to the daylight after their respective births. (This was the point St. Augustine made in his championing the celebration of Jesus' birth on the Winter Solstice).

So despite the objections of some pundits, December 25th is a very reasonable date to celebrate Jesus' birth and not a concession to paganism.

The Winter Solstice was NOT a Roman Civil holiday until 274 A.D. (verified in any encyclopedia)The Emperor Aurelian made December 25th a civil holiday because the Christians were already using it to celebrate the Birth of Jesus and he was trying to detract from the Christian celebration!

None of the Sun Cults used December 25th before then. It appears that the Winter Solstice was originally a CHRISTIAN feast that the pagans tried to paganize, not the other way around.

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
Its called the BLESSED HOPE and it will happen faster then people think!
[SIZE=14pt]Looking for The Blessed Hope [/SIZE]
(The Coming of the Lord Jesus
For His Church)
John 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. (3) And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

The first mention of the Lord’s Second Coming is found in John 14. This caught His disciples by surprise as He just told them He was going away. He assured them of His return, or as it is now known as His Second Coming. Since the Lord rose from the dead, His coming for the church and believers being with Him for eternity has been the hope of the believers:
The hope of the Lord’s return is not just mere hope, but the Bible calls it the Blessed Hope. It is a special hope that energizes believers and helps them through this life. Living without the Blessed Hope, a believer can grow cold and worldly. Living with the Blessed Hope keeps believers focused on the Lord and spiritually vibrant:

Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
The Blessed Hope has nothing to do with the 70th week. . But will happen before it. Enjoy

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Kepha..the Biblical account of Jesus birth says the shepherds where in the fields when the blessed event took place...Jesus birth...in Bethlehem the sheep are brought in from the fields in October, as the weather turns nasty, rainy and cold...so kind of shoots down the Dec 25th thing, which originates from ancient Babylon, and the pagan sun god customs...you should know by now
Salvation is through the Son of God, God's grace and commandments, and NOT the pagan roman religious doctrines, and the sungod/satan and their days of sunday, dec 25th and easter, all of which are non Biblical and of pagan origin.