The Powers of the World To Come

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Justin Mangonel

Nov 7, 2012
Dear All,

I have a revelation that I would like to share with you all that is very encouraging.

It is written,

"And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come"

Hebrews 6:5

"That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus."

Ephesians 2:27

What I want tos hare with you is that, due to a having a foretaste of our inheritance i.e. the Holy Spirit, we are able to experience the powers of the world to come. This world is the New Earth that God shall create and which will be our home.

All the supernatural stuff that takes place in the name of Jesus in this world only does so because we are beginning to experience life here as we will fully experience life there. These experiences are part of the exceeding riches of His grace and kindness towards us through Christ Jesus.

In the world to come everything works through faith. This is why Jesus said,

"Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done."

In the New Heavens and New Earth that is exactly how we will live. By faith nothing shall be impossible.

Why is this important to understand? It is important to understand what we have available to us now, here in this creation, to live our Christian lives. Due to the fact that , through the Holy Spirit and by faith we have access to the powers of the world to come, we can overcome anything. This is why we can, in the name of Jesus, raise the dead because, in that future place, we will have that ability in His name. When we ask anything there, in the name of Jesus, it will be done for us.

Once we all start to come into this revelation nothing will be impossible for us and greater works that Christ will naturally flow from us. Let us all start to realize what we have to work with so that we can overcome and conquer every obstacle we face. Amen.

God bless,

Justin

Dear All,

We all desire to be like Jesus for He is the pattern son. However, Jesus did the will of the Father with the aid of the powers of the world to come as I have described in my last post. He healed the sick, raised the dead, gave sight to the blind, cured leprosy, stilled storms with His voice, cursed a fig tree until it withered, walked on water, made the lame to walk, knew the thoughts of men who were listening to Him speak, knew money could be found in the mouth of a fish, multiplied the fish and the loaves a couple of times and fed five thousand and four thousand respectively, spoke with Moses and Elijah, and answered Pharisees so straightly and wisely that they dare not ask him any more questions.

So, why are we trying to emulate Him without using all the means that He used to serve His Father? I get the feeling, sometimes, that people actually think that miracles and spiritual experiences are somehow a "lower" form of Christianity and if you are really "a solid Christian" that you can and will live it without a such a crutches. However, I think it is impossible to be fully like Christ without using such tools of the spirit.

Furthermore, it is amazing to me that people dismiss emotions as something inferior. You know what emotions are? They are a natural response to finally getting to meet our maker. Of course we are going to be emotional and do all sorts of things because we finally have found what we have been seeking so long. Consider what happened to the apostles on the day of Pentecost...it was so "out there" that those who weren't having the experience thought they were drunk. Is it bad to appear drunk when the Holy Spirit comes upon you? Scriptural it is not but many critize those who have experienced the Toronto blessing.

Spiritual experiences are simply ways that God created for us to interact with Him and the spiritual realm in general. You can choose to use them for good of you can choose to use them for evil. The sooner we stop being afraid of heaven the better off we will all be.

Blessings,

Justin

Robertson

Jun 11, 2013
Very nice dear brother Justin!

I think us Christians today perhaps live in fear of doing those things. The miracles and healings and revelations that come to the faithful and obedient is a tough load to carry in this world that is full of darkness. You see how hard the worldly people and governments are working to get God and faith out of every aspect of life. They will do anything that the father of lies tells them to do and will stop at nothing to completely stop the work of God. We know that us as Christians can and should be doing all the things that Jesus did, so why then don't we do them? I think fear of what people will think or do to us holds us back. We have become complacent in a world that wishes all miracles and blessings be hidden so that their unrighteous and sinful deeds might remain unseen for a time.