The Preeminence Of God!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
18 And He is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He might have the preeminence.
19 For it pleased the Father that in Him should all fullness dwell, - Colossians 1:18-19.

The Christ life is lived by - Christ having preeminence over the believer. What is the preeminence of the Christ life working in the believer?

It happens by; Christ swallowing up the believer, having rule and reign in them.

17 For if by one man’s offense death reigned by one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by One, Jesus Christ. - Romans 5:17.

The believer's ways, the believers doing, the believer's knowledge, the believers understanding. Christ has preeminence. The believer lives by that understanding - it is Christ in them that has preeminence over them and the two live in compatibility - they dwell together in oneness! Body, soul, and spirit, not at odds so to speak - compatible. The preeminence of God working in the believer is; they know it is Christ living in them, as their only life, they surrender to that knowledge. You give Christ reign in your mortal body, by Spirit taught knowledge.

When you have Christ living in you as your only life - why would your doctrine - whatever it maybe (not talking about sound doctrine of who we are), why would that be the most important part of life to a believer. It's not - we feel like it is because Christ does not have the preeminence over me. When Christ has preeminence over a believer they do not have to prove they are right all the time. All our pet doctrines can be left alone in comparison to knowing Christ as life and having preeminence over me.

That is what makes up a Christian - Christ living in believers, and having preeminence over them. They have been swallowed up by Christ who is their only life!

Reactions: Abaxvahl

Abaxvahl

Sep 13, 2021
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It happens by; Christ swallowing up the believer, having rule and reign in them.

Amen, for as St. Paul said: "I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

And some Fathers said the like of "we are to become a small Jesus Christ within Jesus Christ," being conformed to His image and being members of His body, which St. Paul expounds on also.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
18 And He is the head of the body, the church.
He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead,
that in all things He might have the preeminence.
19 For it pleased the Father that in Him should all fullness dwell, - Colossians 1:18-19.​

The Christ life is lived by - Christ having preeminence over the believer.
What is the preeminence of the Christ life working in the believer?

17 For if by one man’s offense death reigned by one,
much more those who receive abundance of grace and the gift of righteousness
shall reign in life by One, Jesus Christ. - Romans 5:17.​

The believer's ways, the believers doing, the believer's knowledge, the believers understanding. Christ has preeminence. The believer lives by that understanding - it is Christ in them that has preeminence over them and the two live in compatibility - they dwell together in oneness! Body, soul, and spirit, not at odds so to speak - compatible. The preeminence of God working in the believer is; they know it is Christ living in them, as their only life, they surrender to that knowledge. You give Christ reign in your mortal body, by Spirit taught knowledge.

When you have Christ living in you as your only life - why would your doctrine - whatever it maybe (not talking about sound doctrine of who we are), why would that be the most important part of life to a believer. It's not - we feel like it is because Christ does not have the preeminence over me. When Christ has preeminence over a believer they do not have to prove they are right all the time. All our pet doctrines can be left alone in comparison to knowing Christ as life and having preeminence over me.

That is what makes up a Christian - Christ living in believers, and having preeminence over them. They have been swallowed up by Christ who is their only life!
Hello @soul man

I also think of the words of Paul in Galatians 2:20

'I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live;
yet not I, but Christ liveth in me:
and the life which I now live in the flesh
I live by the faith of the Son of God,
Who loved me, and gave Himself for me.'

Christ is all. - Praise His Holy Name!

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: soul man

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Preeminent = superior to.

'Giving thanks unto the Father,
which hath made us meet
to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness,
and hath translated us into the kingdom of
His dear Son:
In whom we have redemption through His blood,
even the forgiveness of sins:
Who is the image of the invisible God,
the firstborn of every creature:
For by Him were all things created,
that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible,
whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers:
all things were created by Him, and for Him:
And He is before all things,
and by Him all things consist.
And He is the head of the body, the church:
Who is the beginning,
the firstborn from the dead;
that in all things He might have the preeminence.
For it pleased the Father that in Him should all fulness dwell;
And, having made peace through the blood of His cross,
by Him to reconcile all things
unto Himself;
by Him, I say,
whether they be things in earth,
or things in heaven.'

(Col 1:12-20)

Hello again @soul man,

* His preeminence in regard to the Church, is seen in the fact that He is the Head of the Church which is His Body. We as individual believers are not in view here I believe: only as a corporate entity, as His body the Church. We as individuals are mere dust, so it is no great thing for Him to be seen to have preeminence over us as individuals, for He is so much greater than us that the thought of even being compared to Him is mind blowing. He is the Potter - we are the clay. He is the Creator and we are His creatures.

Just thoughts.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen, for as St. Paul said: "I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

And some Fathers said the like of "we are to become a small Jesus Christ within Jesus Christ," being conformed to His image and being members of His body, which St. Paul expounds on also.

Thanks. I do remember a theory going around for awhile that we were little God's. For some reason the crucified life that is written in scripture is hard to grasp for some. Little Christ's sounds just as peculiar for a dead man to say.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I like the way he repeats it over and over. I've been asked many times "is that all you can talk about this Christ in us" haha well yes if that is all your interested in. And we don't know the full extent of what that means, I know I don't. I have been looking at it for over 30 years and it's like I just started. I feel at times I don't know nothing. The more you look and understand, the more you know you don't know what it all means.

You see it written, God sheads some light, and you get into something that is out of your hands - you just don't know. Learning but you cannot know what it all means. We are dealing with the infinite mind of the Lord - we trust he will give us what we need to know for life (spiritual life) now, and just keep growing up into him.

Reactions: charity

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I like the way he repeats it over and over. I've been asked many times "is that all you can talk about this Christ in us" haha well yes if that is all your interested in. And we don't know the full extent of what that means, I know I don't. I have been looking at it for over 30 years and it's like I just started. I feel at times I don't know nothing. The more you look and understand, the more you know you don't know what it all means.

You see it written, God sheads some light, and you get into something that is out of your hands - you just don't know. Learning but you cannot know what it all means. We are dealing with the infinite mind of the Lord - we trust he will give us what we need to know for life (spiritual life) now, and just keep growing up into him.
Hello @soul man,

Yes, I agree, and can empathise with what you are saying. How wonderful it is to have received light at all!! Like David I feel like saying, 'Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.' (Psalm 139:6) . Such thoughts lead to worship and praise in our inner being and fill the heart with grateful tears of joy.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think of that bible passage that tells us all is created of and from God. And how God created us in their image, their likeness. And I think then that the preeminence factor, the indwelling by Holy Spirit, that occurs when we need God's leading, awakens the God particle sort of speak, within our being. Since we are made of and from God.

And that then is how we are reborn and become a new creation in Him.

Because everything is of and from God already. Including the natural man, natural woman.
When God leads us into conscious awareness of that relationship and we respond, I think that's what it means for us to become baptized by His Holy Spirit. And insert too.

It isn't an anointing in so much as it is an awakening of those deeper currents of God source within us when we are both of and from The Source that is God.

And that then is why we are reborn. And are transformed and quickened in the spirit.

That's how I feel ,see, and live it anyway.

Hi all, I'm new btw.:)

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think of that bible passage that tells us all is created of and from God. And how God created us in their image, their likeness. And I think then that the preeminence factor, the indwelling by Holy Spirit, that occurs when we need God's leading, awakens the God particle sort of speak, within our being. Since we are made of and from God.

And that then is how we are reborn and become a new creation in Him.

Because everything is of and from God already. Including the natural man, natural woman.
When God leads us into conscious awareness of that relationship and we respond, I think that's what it means for us to become baptized by His Holy Spirit. And insert too.

It isn't an anointing in so much as it is an awakening of those deeper currents of God source within us when we are both of and from The Source that is God.

And that then is why we are reborn. And are transformed and quickened in the spirit.

That's how I feel ,see, and live it anyway.

Hi all, I'm new btw.:)

Thanks for commenting, and welcome!

Reactions: Pythagorean12