The Presentation Of Christ In Samaria and Galilee

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saturday 1-9-21 Tevet 24, 5781 7th. day of the weekly cycle,
20th. Winter Day

The Presentation Of Christ In Samaria John Four:1-42,
The Presentation Of Christ In Galilee 43-54

Christ Witnesses To The Woman At The Well John Four:1-26,
Christ Witnesses To The Disciples 27-38,
Christ Witnesses To The Samaritans 39-42,
Christ Is Received By The Galileans 43-45,
Christ Heals The Nobleman's Son 46-54

John 4 KJV (biblehub.com)

After The Feast Of Tabernacles John Eight:1--10:21
A Woman Is Caught In Adultery Eight 1-11, Christ Announces,
"I am The Light Of The World" Eight 12-59

John 8 KJV (biblehub.com)

Love always, Walter and Debbie

Reactions: Nancy

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't understand it.
First thanks for the reply, He's our CHAMPION, not born in Royal earthly courts, but in a mamger. he laid aside all his privileges to be like us. and he overcame all obstacles and is saviour of the world.

Isaiah 42:6 "I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;" Isaiah 42:7 "To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house."

Isaiah 35:4 "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you."
Isaiah 35:5 "Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped."
Isaiah 35:6 "Then shall the lame man leap as an hart, and the tongue of the dumb sing: for in the wilderness shall waters break out, and streams in the desert."
Isaiah 35:7 "And the parched ground shall become a pool, and the thirsty land springs of water: in the habitation of dragons, where each lay, shall be grass with reeds and rushes."
Isaiah 35:8 "And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein."
Isaiah 35:9 "No lion shall be there, nor any ravenous beast shall go up thereon, it shall not be found there; but the redeemed shall walk there:"
Isaiah 35:10 "And the ransomed of the LORD shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away."

and here is the punch line..... John 9:33 "If this man were not of God, he could do nothing."

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
To me it's just quoting a lot of scripture without making a point.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me it's just quoting a lot of scripture without making a point.
Maybe, not saying that you are right or wrong, Just me when I saw, Samaria and Galilee, the Jews considered the people living in Samaria... dogs.

and the people of Galilee, no good, listen, John 1:46 "And Nathanael said unto him, Can there any good thing come out of Nazareth? Philip saith unto him, Come and see." and Nazareth was of Galilee

just as the woman at the well, she was of Samaria. all these was "OUTCAST"/Gentiles. the Woman Is Caught In Adultery, where was her champion to defend her? and what I like about that, is the unseen GREAT underdog,,,,, God himself, the champion who stand up for the poor and outcast.

that was my take away when reading the OP. you might have another oponion.

PICJAG

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe, not saying that you are right or wrong, Just me when I saw, Samaria and Galilee, the Jews considered the people living in Samaria... dogs.

and the people of Galilee, no good, listen, John 1:46 "And Nathanael said unto him, Can there any good thing come out of Nazareth? Philip saith unto him, Come and see." and Nazareth was of Galilee

just as the woman at the well, she was of Samaria. all these was "OUTCAST"/Gentiles. the Woman Is Caught In Adultery, where was her champion to defend her? and what I like about that, is the unseen GREAT underdog,,,,, God himself, the champion who stand up for the poor and outcast.

that was my take away when reading the OP. you might have another oponion.

PICJAG

Sorry but I only saw a lot of references. I'm sorry I mentioned it.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry but I only saw a lot of references. I'm sorry I mentioned it.
no need to be sorry, the bible is totally pregnant with many revelations from just one scripture. this is why this is a discussion. to see others point of view. hence we know more together than apart. all views are valued.

PICJAG

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great post, I just Love an underdog, Isaiah 42:6.

PICJAG
Thanks, amen! to your post, the reason that I posted John chapter four is that to show:
What does John chapter 4 mean?
John Four is the fourth chapter of the Gospel of John in the New Testament of the Christian Bible. The major part of this chapter recalls Jesus ' interaction with the Samaritan woman at the well.

He shows so much love in that area, and when He was in Galilee also within those verses shown.

And in John chapter Eight at that time,

What does John chapter 8 mean? The first section of this chapter describes Jesus' encounter with opponents who have brought Him a woman guilty of sin. In this incident, Jesus demonstrates that these men are acting hypocritically: attempting to trick Jesus using the law, while they themselves are not completely following it!

In the rest of that chapter, Christ announces, I am The Light Of The World, He says a lot there.

Love, Walter

Reactions: 101G

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks, amen! to your post, the reason that I posted John chapter four is that to show:
What does John chapter 4 mean?
John Four is the fourth chapter of the Gospel of John in the New Testament of the Christian Bible. The major part of this chapter recalls Jesus ' interaction with the Samaritan woman at the well.

He shows so much love in that area, and when He was in Galilee also within those verses shown.

And in John chapter Eight at that time,

What does John chapter 8 mean? The first section of this chapter describes Jesus' encounter with opponents who have brought Him a woman guilty of sin. In this incident, Jesus demonstrates that these men are acting hypocritically: attempting to trick Jesus using the law, while they themselves are not completely following it!

In the rest of that chapter, Christ announces, I am The Light Of The World, He says a lot there.

Love, Walter
PS
I was reading in the Enduring Word Bible Commentary these views on the two chapters if interested.