The Problem With The Trinity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if Christian's are doing this:

*[[2Co 12:20]] KJV*
For I fear, lest, when I come, I shall not find you such as I would, and that I shall be found unto you such as ye would not: lest there be debates, envyings, wraths, strifes, backbitings, whisperings, swellings, tumults:

Then does that mean they are unspiritual?
Well the Bible says where there is envy and strife there is all manners of evil work.

James 3:16-18 King James Version (KJV)
16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

18 And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

And notice what this teacher says...

Where there is envy and strife?
“For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.”. Notice the word ‘envy’ in this verse. It is taken from the Greek word ‘zeros’, which means a fierce desire to promote one’s own ideas and convictions to the exclusion of everyone else.

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Well the Bible says where there is envy and strife there is all manners of evil work.

James 3:16-18 King James Version (KJV)
16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

18 And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

And notice what this teacher says...

Where there is envy and strife?
“For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.”. Notice the word ‘envy’ in this verse. It is taken from the Greek word ‘zeros’, which means a fierce desire to promote one’s own ideas and convictions to the exclusion of everyone else.
Trample you underfoot, that's what happens.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sound doctrine from Scripture indeed commends itself as something wholesome for Christians to agree on... :)
Well this is his complaint that there are too many doctrines here and no one agrees with each others doctrines.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Well this is his complaint that there are too many doctrines here and no one agrees with each others doctrines.
Well, Scripture is so rich and wholesome and centres on the Person and Work of the Lord Jesus, and so there is always more of it to learn and to enjoy in faith.

Reactions: Taken

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Frankly I'm too afraid to call myself a Christian, firstly for the fear I'll become a judgmental Bible thumping fundy, and second that most people run at the sight of a Christian these day's.

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Well, Scripture is so rich and wholesome and centres on the Person and Work of the Lord Jesus, and so there is always more of it to learn and to enjoy in faith.
Learn from the ant the Bible teaches. I doubt everything God wants us to learn is exclusively in the Bible.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Frankly I'm too afraid to call myself a Christian, firstly for the fear I'll become a judgmental Bible thumping fundy, and second that most people run at the sight of a Christian these day's.
lol....but wouldn't it be better to be a judgmental Bible thumping fundy and have a loving Father who forgives you when you sin.....than be a judgmental angry non-believer.... persecuting Christians because of their imperfections in their walk of righteousness?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
lol....but wouldn't it be better to be a judgmental Bible thumping fundy and have a loving Father who forgives you when you sin.....than be a judgmental angry non-believer.... persecuting Christians because of their imperfections in their walk of righteousness?
The Lord Jesus Himself said: "Sanctify them through Thy truth; Thy Word is truth" (John 17.17).

Reactions: Heart2Soul

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
I don't know, ever had Bible thumping parents? I had world thumping parents who thumped me with worldly idea's. Come to think about it we all just take what we think is right & thump others into submission.

The choice is really between thumping the Bible way, the worldly way, or no way at all.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Without the governing 12 apostle's is it ever a wonder why Christianity has turned into mush.
I totally agree. It is as prophesied by Paul that after his departure grievous wolves would enter in not sparing the flock. Yet, the Almighty, throughout Scripture, has always had a remnant people that kept His commandments through faith. Revelation talks about a remnant church that continues to keep His commandments as well as the faith of Yeshua. They are led by the Holy Spirit in conformity to Scripture. They will obviously be opposed by many people who remain in the "mush". The Spirit is leading many out of the "mush" of trintarianism and lawlessness. We must be able to hear what the Spirit is saying and obey.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then why don't you ask me instead of writing to others as though I'm not here?
Because I don't think you know that's what you are doing. I don't think you know that you are refusing some of scripture to keep your construct. If I thought you were aware of what you were doing, I would ask you.

Reactions: bbyrd009

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if Christian's are doing this:

*[[2Co 12:20]] KJV*
For I fear, lest, when I come, I shall not find you such as I would, and that I shall be found unto you such as ye would not: lest there be debates, envyings, wraths, strifes, backbitings, whisperings, swellings, tumults:

Then does that mean they are unspiritual?

it means they are still ruled by their flesh, not walking in the Spirit. They are still very carnal.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So test the spirits then, how is that done?

I wonder if there are any real Christian's left that know how everything works.
Wisdom is shown to be right by her results. Or, you will know them by their fruit. That doesn't mean perfection. We look for a preponderance of evidence.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know, ever had Bible thumping parents? I had world thumping parents who thumped me with worldly idea's. Come to think about it we all just take what we think is right & thump others into submission.

The choice is really between thumping the Bible way, the worldly way, or no way at all.

There is another way, even though you might not see it so often. It is speaking the truth with love, Meekness and humility.It is not reviling back when you are reviled. But remember, it doesn't mean a perfection in these things, so you may see a snippy return, but you will also see a fairly quick apology for it.