the promise of Christs return 2 Pet 3:3-4

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mike1111Mike

Sep 20, 2007
In the last days mockers will say 'where is the promise of His comming.... ( I am ill, but with paitence will try and be clear ). Christ's 2nd comming is tied to The Church and Israel both. And I do not like "Date setting," beyond what God reveals -But God does reveal some time frame material for our needs. It was foretold Israel would go into the Babylonian captivity. Ezekiel foretold a 430 year captivity, and Jerimiah fortold a 70 year captivity. Isaiah does not give time frame, and Daniel ( during the captivity ) foretold the 70 weeks of 7 year prophecy of the 1st comming of the Messiah, Christ Jesus. Ezekiel's and Jerimiah's prophecies both began counting from the beginning of the captivity, and after the 70 years was complete, Israel still had not repented of their sins, to escape judgement. So 430-70 left 360 years remaining of the 430 years of Ezekiel ( for the majority of Israel who would not accept Christ -but for the sake of the minority "remnant" which would come from within the majority, when the time is at hand ). But for the continuation of the captivity being visited upon their sins ( for the sake of the majority who would not repent -and thus allowing for the church age as well ) their sins were visited upon them 7 times more ( As per Deuteronomy ): So 360*7=the 2520 year captivity -which would pass thru Christ's 1st appearance, and lead up to the end times. Now God uses both standard and solar year time frames for certain prophecies. The sun travels thru space at 19km per second, and returns to it's apparant location in relation to other stars in background in 360 days, or a solar prophetic length year. On earth their are small variations in calculating earth years, such as equatorial, tropical, and sidereal year lengths, and one could use 365.2422 or 365.2425 etc.., in calculations to determine which God has used. I have used both. Because a year can be seen as a length of time, starting at any point within one year, and ending in it's subsequent prohetic target year, we have to count correctly. So 10's are hidden in the "10" years. And with the creation of our modern calendar B.C. and A.D. dates were created. B.C. counts bacwards, with the 10's being 10, 20, 30 B.C. etc..., but in A.D. 10,20,30 A.D. etc.., -therefore on a number line ( in which there is no 365th part of a zero ), Zero only represents the change from Dec 31st 1 B.C. to Jan 1st 1 A.D. : Because Jan 1st 1 B.C. to Dec 31st 1 A.D. is 2 years in time, and a zero year would make it 3 years in time; so 10 B.C. thru end of 10 A.D. is 20 years - so there is no need for a zero year ( it is just a lie meant to confuse people ) During the Babylonian captivity from 606 B.C. thru to the final fall of 586 B.C., Israel made two partial returns ( offset by 70 years to 606/586 events ), of 536 and 516 B.C. Now 360/365.2422=.9856473321, and 2520*.9856473321=2483.831277 years. So from 536 B.C. +2483.831277 years =1947.831277 A.D. ( The time frame of the restoration of the Nation of Israel - the apearance of the fig tree ) And from 516 B.C. +2483.831277 years =1967.831277 A.D. ( The time frame of Israel taking East Jerusalem -reuniting the city The tree beginning to show leaves ) Now during the original Egyptian captivity Israel was in Egypt for 430 years also ( which we saw show up in Ezekiel's prophecy ). However 30 years of the Egyptian captivity was counted as sojourning, and therefore only 400 for the captivity. And the bible states that Israel was in captivity for 4 generations, upon which they were released "On the selfsame day," thus a prophetic generation is 100 years. So we have Israel restored, and bearing leaves ( in times of trouble, but during these times it is the "remnant" which concerns us ). Now Jesus described the parables and descriptions of the end times, and gave the prophecy of the fig tree, and stated it would also be like the times of Noah -who had a 120 year warning of the flood. And even though we can not set exact dates, do all these biblical materials show us a time frame??????????536 B.C. + 2483.... = 1947..... Israel restored in 1948 ( Fig Tree )516 B.C. + 2483.... = 1967..... Jerusalem made complete in 1967 ( Leaves )1948 + 120 = 2068 A.D. ( time frame of sign of Noah's warning ??????? )1967 + 100 = 2067 A.D. ( one prophetic generation -for remnant's sake ??? )The Book of psalms has been found to have a prophetic timetable prophecy contained within. It is believed that it as the 19th book in our Gentile/Church age bible, to signify 1900. Now if counting like a king ( for Christ our king ), an ascension or throne year ( full kingship after 1st year ), then does it count down from 1901 thru to 2050 A.D.????????? The 90th psalm is the only psalm written By Moses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And if it stands for 1990, what does the psalm say??????? Ps 90:10,12-13 "As for the days of our life, they contain seventy years, Or if due to strength, eighty years....So teach us to number our days, That we may present to Thee a heart of widom. Do return, O Lord; how long will it be? And be sorry for Thy servants." So for the sake of the remnant 1990 + 80= 2070 A.D. Are we thus given signs of a greater length of time than was anticipated by Miller who saw the end being 1848, or Hal Lindsy who thought a prophetic generation was 40 years, and counted 1948+40=1988, or those who feared the Y2k end??????? Because if a devestation is instore for earth, such as a pole-shift, or asteriod strike, Avian Bird Flu, or whatever, are we not to see that the promise of Christ's return has not been in vain, if we are to look to a time frame which can include up to 2067, 2068, 2070 A.D. time frame??????? The Bible describes the land being split apart, and other signs of devestation, and thus have we been also given prophecies from the enemy so they can try and take credit, and power ?????? ( You all know I believe the Catholic Church to be a dangerous Dragon indeed, but what if their Fatima prophecies of the sun dancing in the sky, is so they can take credit after a pole shift ???????? ) The sun contains 99.998% of the mass within our solar system, so for them to see a dancing sun in the sky related to Fatima and Majegoria ( I don't know how to spell it ????? ), would it not be a pole-shift they would be seeing????????? Satan knows more than we, if we let Him!!!!!!!!!!!! But thru faith we can make sure the entire body of Christ knows, we may have, some more time left on earth for all to be fullfilled, inspite of anything -I feel may have been given to the Catholic adversary, by the chief advesary himself??????? What can we make of the fact that if the book of psalms does contain a prophetic time frame, and the 90th psalm for 1990, was the only psalm written by Moses, and the 90th's psalm says teach us to number our days, and the days of our life ( the remnant of Israel ????? ) contains 70 or if by strength 80 years, then 1990+80=2070 A.D. ???????????????? Without setting 1988 or 1888 for that matter as the time of the end, should we not refine our material, and present well thought out possibile comfort and edifying materials for the body of Christ??????? ( I am ill, and pray for healing, and hope You will pray for me also, and if I am healed - I know I can present better focus in my writtings, but I should not be alone, and share a lot, which You all should share what You like as well, becasue Christianity is a collective effort. And if by My hand or not, someone should be teaching these materials if they are presented carefully, correctly, and thoughtfully -at this crisis I am going thru, I am not the most calm and thoughtfull individual I can be, so please forgive Me, but do not ignore My insights, becuase if I have any, are they not actualy then God's insigths for us all. I am an idiot who cares. I never said I was not an idiot, but I do care!!!!! ) God Bless, Mike

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
You are assuming there is only one generation whether you see a hundred years or 120 years dosent much matter there is also 40 year gen. and a 70 year gen. you are ignoring the rest of the parable which says that this generation (the whole multitude of men living at the same time) shall not pass before all things come to pass The generation that wittness the fig tree come to pass it could be any of these generations and sense not many men live to be 100 or 120 the odds lay with a shorter Gen.

Mike1111Mike

Sep 20, 2007
Actualy again I do apreciate Your challenges to My conclusions ( as I am presenting ideas off of the top of My head, so that we may all collectively look for answers and help eachother along ). And You are correct, I am dealing from memory -things I have looked into here and there. And at Your prompting I looked again. And I guess the point I was making is that I disagree with a notion that the Fig Tree apears whole and complete all at once, becuae Why do we assume so???????? 1) did it appear in 1948, 2) did it put forth branches in 1967, but the growth is not complete to the point that "when its branch has already become tender, and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near..." And therefore when summer is near, when it's branch becomes tender -could be a process which takes place during the 100 prophetic years from 1967, and on, which only gives us a possible time frame, but does not prevent Christ from returning early in relation to 2067-2070 A.D. I do not set times, but rather point out that we have not quite run out of History yet. However I could still be wrong, and still be right, because as You said why could the 120 years as in the days of Noah count down from 1948, I mearly challenge the Hal Lindsy "The Late Great Planet Earth," interpretation that 1948+40=1988, which has come and passed, and we are still here, as well as Joseph Millers 1848, or that Justinian and His Co Empress Theodora, when the Church the "Haggia Sophia," was completed in 538 A.D., after He massacered the 15,000 protestors in the Hippodrome ( and thus to apear good, built that church to the goddess of wisdom ), and one of the last Byzantine Emperors Basil, who captured a 15,000 force army of his enemy had had them all blinded, except every 100th, who He left with one eye, and then sent them back home as cripples, and was thus known as "Basil The Bulgar Slayer," all were part of a legacy from 538 + 1260 ( daniel ) = 1798, when the Catholic Church ( The Vatican ) was overthrown, and the Pope died, before Napolean Bonaparte, re-established the Catholic Church, and thus some have pointed out that the Papacy was the beast Who suffered a wound in one of its head, and was healed "And I saw one of His heads as if it had been slain, and his fatal wound was healed. And the whole earth was amazed and followed the beast;....." So inspite of all past speculations, I want to create debate and put forth My insights, for the edification of us all, because thru debate we work it all out, becuase I do not see My ( sick self - but it would not matter if I were sick, or healthy with an IQ of 190 ), as having to have all of the answers, because I believe Christianity is a collective effort, in which we all help eachother, But if I were to be healed I would carefully research My "Quotes," and present pollished material, which I again must apologize for My sloppiness, However, and again it has been pointed out by experts, that in Matthew 24:34, that "This generation. No one living when Jesus spoke these words lived to see "all these things" come to pass. However, the Greek word can mean "race" or "family," which makes good sense here; i.e., the Jewish race will be preserved, in spite of terrible persecution, until the Lord comes." 1978 eddition of the Ryrie study bible, pg 1490. So these issues are far from settled, but rather are debated again and agin in various circles. However, even if it did mean "this Generation," could it have been meant in relation to the whole world, or the Jews of the time -could still be debated, And even if it were settled to mean the whole world, Why can not "Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place." mean that specific generation, within the prophetic generation timeframe as a whole of 100 years from 1967 to 2067, which could actualy occur lets say by 2040 A.D. -We do not know, and even though I enjoy debate, because it serves to let us work things out, ( and actualy gives me a little energy, inspite of My fatigue, but that is not My motive in debate, but rather My fuel ) I only want to answer 2 Peter 3:3-4a "Know this first of all, that in the last days mockers will come with their mocking, following after their own lusts. and saying, 'Where is the promise of His coming?....," In the context of those who will question the 2nd comming, if time continues a bit, -even if in part it is taken out of the context of what peter was saying, it still spoke to My heart. i was convicted to bring challenge and debate, where I feel we do not wrestle enogh with what is happening, I do not know much about Hal Lindsy, ( other than I know He has come to research, and revise His views on the end, and was big enough to grow, when He saw He was wrong ). If only we all could be so big!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I have nothing against Him, because as I said I know very little about Him, However as an interesting Note Sir Isaac Newton, was a strong believer, and He was able to scripturaly figure out that the end would not come before 2060 A.D., therefore He might have seen some of what I have seen, possibly including the 90th psalm saying our days are 70 or 80 years if by strength, to mean 1990+70=2060 A.D.????????????? I do not know, but why has Sir Isaac Newton, and His belief that the end was far in the future, been so ignored by everyone, in light of the fact that 1988, has come and passed. And again I know little about Sir isaac Newton, other than He had believed in the Bible as truth. Well, it still is not settled why "This generation," or "race," could not be a subset of that existing generation, within the prophetic whole, of a 100 year prophetic generation, which is narrowed down and qualified as a "specific" generation, who will see the branch put forth tender leaves, and know summer is here!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because Israel is a secular state, period!!!!!!!!! And how do we not know that "The tender Leaves," are not end time Messianic Jews, within that generation, after the church has fallen away in complete apostacy, and it's prophetic dispensation, has been given back to faithfull Jews???????????? All of our debates, are but slices, of bigger questions, such as give Me one universaly accepted definition, throughout all of Christianity for the definition of the "Tender Leaves," We have no such definition, because Christianity survives in an atmosphere of debate, in which we disagree ( but hopefully in Love !!!!!!!!!!!!! ). Thank God for friendly debate amomgst believling sisters, and brothers, in Christ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I hope I am wrong, Lots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would not want to get a big head or anything, with the burden of having to be right all of the time!!!!!!!!!!! God Bless, and thanks again for taking the time to respond Kriss, and others as well, Mike

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I happen to agree with you that the fig tree doesnt have to be all at once I think you are absoultly right that 1967 is of extreme importance in this prophecy thats why I find it interesting that 1967 to 2007 marked a 40 year gen. and May 2008 marks a 70 year gen I think it important that these two gen. are completed within a year of each other. Does that signify an important messag yes, Because it fulfills the prophecy of the gen. twice once with the 40 year and once with the 70year. So that opens the door for the events of the "end times to happen anytime after next year does that mean next year or 30 years from now only God knows. We will have to watch for other signs to see.