The Purpose Driven Death

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gordon

Jul 4, 2023
Longview
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is one pivotal event that all believers look to which define them as Christian. That event is the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus. Without it we have no chance of gaining salvation, relationship with God or any hope of changing our sinful heart. This valuable sequence of events begins with the crucifixion of the Christ and what He accomplished on the Cross.
When Jesus died a number of things took place. First, His blood was shed in order to redeem us back to God. This selfless act literally purchased us for God and paved the way for man to gain right standing with the Father.

Ephesians 1:7-8 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace 8 that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding.

As wonderful and amazing as that redemption is there are still other benefits that were provided by Christ’s encounter with death on the Cross.
  • The Curse
We were freed from the curse once imposed upon mankind for failing to live up to God’s standards.

Galatians 3:13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree.”

The Serpent

The Serpent has had power over Adam’s race, but he has lost power over those who are now found in Christ.

Colossians 2:15 And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.

The Law

The Law of Moses was moved out of the way as our chief standard of performance.

Colossians 2:14 having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross.

The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil

The Tree which is synonymous with how fallen man thinks and acts has been moved out of the way. No longer do we have to gauge the meaning of life based on our own standards of good and evil.

Colossians 2:20-21 Since you died with Christ to the basic principles of this world, why, as though you still belonged to it, do you submit to its rules: 21”Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!”?

Sin nature

The fallen nature of man is always set towards rebellion, but every act of disobedience has been crucified.

Romans 6:1-3 What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? 2By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? 3Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?

Romans 6:6-7 For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin— 7because anyone who has died has been freed from sin.

Sin behavior

Behavior that is unfitting for God’s people is the result of men moving and acting upon their old nature; this is the Adamic nature. Acts that lead to sinful behavior have been removed at the Cross.

2 Corinthians 5:14-15 For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.15And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.

Romans 7:5-6 For when we were controlled by the sinful nature, the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in our bodies, so that we bore fruit for death. 6 But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.

Now we bring these points to light in order to make a point; the Christian life finds its greatest freedom by first identifying with the death of our Savior. The Cross is significant because it was not only able to redeem mankind back to God, but it makes a way for humanity to be released from the ravages of a fallen world. Paul the Apostle brings it all into perspective by saying;

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Continue at The Purpose Driven Death | Beyond Science | Before It's News

• Love
Reactions: David in NJ

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@David in NJ
Have you visited the site "Before it's news" , where this article is taken from ?
If not give it your perveiw and let me know what you think.

Reactions: David in NJ

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you ask most Christians they don't believe Jesus actually died. Nor do they believe he fully had their nature. Terrible position to be in really having no High Priest or a sacrifice for their sins.
F2F

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If you ask most Christians they don't believe Jesus actually died. Nor do they believe he fully had their nature. Terrible position to be in really having no High Priest or a sacrifice for their sins.
F2F

If that is there View then it is questionable whether they understand what Christianity is or that they are Christian.
As 1Cor15:14 etc says if Christ did not die, we are still in our sins.

Gordon

Jul 4, 2023
Longview
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@David in NJ
Have you visited the site "Before it's news" , where this article is taken from ?
If not give it your perveiw and let me know what you think.
BIN is a news sight provided by an organization that supports freedom of speech and so you get all kinds of people and there beliefs when it comes to religion. I however continue to proclaim the Name of Jesus/Yeshua and steer religious ideas by pointing out that Jesus/Yeshua is a better explanation for their beliefs. Its been the backbone of where I minister.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BIN is a news sight provided by an organization that supports freedom of speech and so you get all kinds of people and there beliefs when it comes to religion. I however continue to proclaim the Name of Jesus/Yeshua and steer religious ideas by pointing out that Jesus/Yeshua is a better explanation for their beliefs. Its been the backbone of where I minister.
Yes your article was spot on.
I could not find any definitive statement of faith at BIN.

However I did see articles of UFOs and such, so I was just questioning someone I know of faith.

Welcome to the forums and I pray to know you better also.

Thank you and blessings.

Gordon

Jul 4, 2023
Longview
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes your article was spot on.
I could not find any definitive statement of faith at BIN.

However I did see articles of UFOs and such, so I was just questioning someone I know of faith.

Welcome to the forums and I pray to know you better also.

Thank you and blessings.
Thanks, Ive got three books in PDF format that utilize the revelation of the Cross if you take an interest; they're free.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Gordon

Jul 4, 2023
Longview
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On this site?
Out from the Shadow of Other Gods

Every Christian is desperate for a true relationship and life changing experience with God, but our most prevalent model of success and failure has been religion. The things that have been taught us have had more to do with man’s search for a god, rather than in God showing us His ways. There is a place where religion dies and genuine relationship begins. The first in a series, the author provides a platform for change and a simple yet powerful way out from the trappings of humanities religion. Ministering with honor to the pastor as well as to the prodigal and revealing a surprising bounty of Jesus in every page. Get ready to be encouraged, challenged, and renewed in your walk of faith.

The Shadow of the Spiritual

Got Spirit?

That’s an interesting question, but after two thousand years of Christian history, maybe we should be asking “which spirit?” Though the Christian faith has been provided with a sure foundation in Christ, our propensity to get worldly or even religious has actually pushed us past safe boundaries. There is a quagmire of spiritual alternatives all vying for our attention, yet none of them has anything to do with a true faith in Jesus. “The Shadow of the Spiritual” is meaty, thought provoking, in-depth look into the rising tide of spiritual pollution within the Church. Its lingering effects remain oppressive and damaging to any believer who desires a pure expression of relationship with the Son of God. This self help book is a must read for any Christian wanting to understand how improper spiritual connections get formed, fed and how unhealthy spiritual bondage gets passed around. Yet, by embracing a simple biblical truth, we can separate ourselves from all sorts of added trouble. The second in a series, the author provides a platform for change and a simple yet powerful way out from the trappings of humanities many fallen exploits.

Lord I Want To Change!

Is It time for a change? The Christian life is not always an easy life. Though we are assured that all things have become new, “New life” may end up looking a lot like the old one. This is due to our inability to properly transition away from certain worldly influences. A growing number of our troubles include the weight of family dysfunction, years of social conditioning and any number of personal failures remaining a black mark on our record. All of these issues have a tendency to warp our sense of “self” and we walk through life emotionally crippled; yet Jesus has other plans for us. The Bible provides the Christian a “get out of jail free card”. Jesus offers us a simple and effective way of escape out from the trappings of a difficult past. If you have ever wondered whether there is more to the Christian life, then get ready to be encouraged, challenged, and set free in your walk of faith.

Free PDF Versions ———————- Send an E-mail message to [email protected] and in the “subject” heading abbreviate the title of the book you want. I’ll send it shortly.

• Out from the shadow of Other Gods = ofs
  • The Shadow of the Spiritual = sos
  • Lord I want to Change = Lwc