The Purpose of the Bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
because EVERYTHING in the Bible is correct. You dont get to pick and choose what you think is right. ALLL of scripture is inspired by the Holy Spirit.
Some people believe all of Paul's opinions are correct. I think occasionally he was wrong.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also think the purpose of the Bible is to order our thoughts in a certain sort of way. That as we internalize the Word of God, we come to think in the ways God speaks.

Much love!
If by "internalize" you mean have the Word brought to Life within us, then you would be right...

From what then comes that quickening, but by the Holy Spirit? Is this not why Apostle admonished us not to quench the Spirit?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
because EVERYTHING in the Bible is correct. You dont get to pick and choose what you think is right. ALLL of scripture is inspired by the Holy Spirit.
But without the Holy Spirit quickening it within us, how would it be better than the devil quoting scripture?

"And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God." Matt 4:6-7

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the fact that you are disagreeing with me, and defending bob means you agree with him, that paul was wrong. So from now on, i’ll be sure to call you out same time as calling bob out on his heresy.
Did you finish all your homework and take out the trash?
And don't lie to me 'cause I'll find out.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the fact that you are disagreeing with me...
Do you think chasing someone from one thread to another so you can spank them some more is entirely adult behavior?

I pray that God will correct Bob if he needs it in spite of your typical buffoonery. I believe he's a good man.

Reactions: amadeus

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I might as well chime in on this, FWIW. I've read more than a few treatments on this subject. I don't know that I agree 100% with any of them. But I know that God doesn't expect the fairer sex to clam up and hold it every time they walk into His House Of Prayer, just as sure as I know Jesus didn't mean that I had to literally break the 5th commandment in order to become His follower, either. There are numerous places in Scripture where instructions are not meant to be permanent and/or universal. It doesn't mean the authors are uninspired. Please do not be alarmed!

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
the word of God is a guide
that we might know the right path to life
ask God himself he will tell you
Matthew 7:7-11 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think chasing someone from one thread to another so you can spank them some more is entirely adult behavior?

I pray that God will correct Bob if he needs it in spite of your typical buffoonery. I believe he's a good man.

of course you do. Only problem with that belief is, as Jesus said, no one is good but God. You arent good, bob aint good, and im no good.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some people believe all of Paul's opinions are correct. I think occasionally he was wrong.

If I were a betting man, I’d wager that YOU were the one that was Wrong.......Peter said that even though Paul was “ hard to understand ” , everything contained in his letters were Holy- Spirit inspired and “ The Equal To Anything Found In Scripture”.....

I guess you figure that Scripture is “ occasionally wrong” and it is up to guys like you to pick and choose what is the Holy Spirit got “ Right” and what The Holy Spirit got “ Wrong”....

Please enlighten us to what Paul and the Holy Spirit that guided him got Wrong.....thanking you in advance....

Reactions: Nancy

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Main Purpose Of The Bible is to show one how to Keep from going to Hell after they die—-there are other purposes for the Bible , but they pale by comparison....