The Purpose of the Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007

I looked up Dr. Cindy Trimm and she seems to be associated with the likes of Rick Warren and Pentecostal movements. Otherwise, I never heard of her.

The purpose of the church is to rule and reign with Christ, to be Kings and priests in the Millennium to teach people the Law of God thus enacting a great salvation of mankind. Not everyone is called (nor saved) now in this age. The story of man's redemption is portrayed in the feasts of the Lord, i.e. Passover, Unleavened Bread, Firstfruits, Pentecost (the church, the firstfruits), Trumpets, Atonement and Tabernacles (the Millennium when most of mankind is saved). Even in that Great Day, people can still be saved (foreshadowing the Great White Throne judgment).

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Oh my, look at all the links to prove ------ what exactly?

What the church is SUPPOSED to do?
Well guess what, it ain't happening today, babe.

Listen, I recently tried to speak to the pastor of the church I attend.
I tried for three weeks to meet with him and after being put off over and over again I gave up.

While this is an extreme example, it isn't the only such that I can pass on regarding churches in West Central Florida.
Church today is little more than a social club for the elderly, and a poor one at that (can't have any activity that goes later than 8 o'clock in the evening because that's way past everyone's bed time.)

Did you ever try to get a church full of dead people interested in ANYTHING? Huh?
We brought in the mobile van from the local blood bank one Sunday and people lined up thinking they could make WITHDRAWALS.

We tried to find the nursery, but nobody knew where it was.
One old guy remembered and showed us a room that was dark and full of cobwebs.
Hadn't been used in years.

Tried to sell coffee in the lobby. Nobody bought it because it would keep them awake during the service.
Brought in a youth band to spice up our praise and worship, but the music overloaded everybodies hearing aids.

A couple of people were actually awake for the sermon and yelled AMEN when a critical assertion was made.
Fifty people stood up because they thought the service was over.

It takes two hours to empty the parking lot because too many people get lost looking for the exit.
One fellow blocked the road because he fell asleep in line waiting for his turn to pull out into traffic.

Yes, I'm joking about some of this stuff. It does illustrate a point, however.
It's more fun to do something else on Sunday morning than attend a service of the dead, by the dead and for the dead.

If you are reading this and you are a member of a vital active and living church, then send me a postcard - I'd like to post it on my wall to admire.....right next to my favorite beach in the Bahamas.

While you're at it, hit your knees and thank God that He has led you to a place where people GIVE blood rather than NEED it.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Oh my, look at all the links to prove ------ what exactly?

What the church is SUPPOSED to do?
Well guess what, it ain't happening today, babe.

Listen, I recently tried to speak to the pastor of the church I attend.
I tried for three weeks to meet with him and after being put off over and over again I gave up.

While this is an extreme example, it isn't the only such that I can pass on regarding churches in West Central Florida.
Church today is little more than a social club for the elderly, and a poor one at that (can't have any activity that goes later than 8 o'clock in the evening because that's way past everyone's bed time.)

Did you ever try to get a church full of dead people interested in ANYTHING? Huh?
We brought in the mobile van from the local blood bank one Sunday and people lined up thinking they could make WITHDRAWALS.

We tried to find the nursery, but nobody knew where it was.
One old guy remembered and showed us a room that was dark and full of cobwebs.
Hadn't been used in years.

Tried to sell coffee in the lobby. Nobody bought it because it would keep them awake during the service.
Brought in a youth band to spice up our praise and worship, but the music overloaded everybodies hearing aids.

A couple of people were actually awake for the sermon and yelled AMEN when a critical assertion was made.
Fifty people stood up because they thought the service was over.

It takes two hours to empty the parking lot because too many people get lost looking for the exit.
One fellow blocked the road because he fell asleep in line waiting for his turn to pull out into traffic.

Yes, I'm joking about some of this stuff. It does illustrate a point, however.
It's more fun to do something else on Sunday morning than attend a service of the dead, by the dead and for the dead.

If you are reading this and you are a member of a vital active and living church, then send me a postcard - I'd like to post it on my wall to admire.....right next to my favorite beach in the Bahamas.

While you're at it, hit your knees and thank God that He has led you to a place where people GIVE blood rather than NEED it.

Sounds like you're really tired of sunday church... I'm not a sunday church goer either, and find that in almost every case there is either no life, or simply propped up soul life, but not spiritual life.

There is a joke going around that says that if someone had a heart attack in church on sunday morning, the paramedics would have to check half the congregations pulse before finding the right one.

Sad to say, but it does illustrate a point. Honestly though, I'm not interested in making church fun either, like going for picnics, and doing all these activities... Not that all these things are wrong. But what we need is spiritual life.

The church coming alive as a whole would require a serious awakening. One that I think would make many people in it leave it, and some from the outside come in. It requires an awakening to our state, the high calling in Christ, and a humbling that then Lord might make us enter his life.

That's how I understand it!

PS.

To answer the OP... Though I didn't watch the video... I would say the church is there to answer the high calling in Christ, to incarnate Christ on this earth, to be his hand and his feet, his body. In the end, it is to be one with the Father and with Christ, and to glorify the Father.

The poor we will always have... And it's important to be righteous, but we need to go beyond that and focus on Christ, to do the works of the Father.