How to treat LGBTQ+?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Concerning the issue of homosexuality, I studied the issue from different perspectives and arrived at my conclusion. I think homosexual intercourse is a sin and I do not support the practice of it. I think each believer should follow his own conscience in how to answer this question. Let God's peace guide you. I leave the eternal judgment to God and live in peace with God, myself, and everyone else.

Concerning the issue of transgender, is it a sin?

I don't think the feeling itself is a sin. As for transgender expression or behavior, I don't know. In any case, we are called to glorify God in our lives.

In Toronto, I have attended churches that are LGBTQ+ friendly and hugged gay people. I saw the Pride Parade. I think many of them are nice people. In Toronto, there are quite a few churches that are officially LGBTQ friendly and some are headed by gay pastors. See [List of Christian denominations affirming LGBT people].

I sat through sermons delivered by gay pastors many times. 95% of the time, it was no different from a sermon delivered by a non-gay pastor. In fact, one church surprised me in that it was my 4th visit before I realized that the pastor was gay! This rainbow church was very family oriented. The majority of the congregation were straight people with kids. They didn't make a special point of it.

Check out this trailer. The full documentary 너에게 가는 길 Coming to You is available on Netflix.

Jesus mentioned eunuchs/homosexuals/asexuals in Matthew 19:

12a For there are eunuchs who were born that way.
I ask you: What is the difference between a gay person and one who believes that Mary is the Mother of God?

Bottom line, 1 Corinthians 13:

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
See also

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People love their sin in darkness and refuse coming into the light.

All will be judged of God but when it stands before God he won't be confused. He will recognize the one as the gender they were born unto not the confused multilations of the body they possessed.

The soul that sinneth it shall die and the LOF is the 2nd death.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think the feeling itself is a sin.

Is that also true for the child molester and the rapist?

It's not a sin for them to have desire (lust) to do their dastardly deeds?

One cannot desire to do evil and be right with the Lord at the same time as their desires come before the Lord.

We should not be desiring to do anything that the Lord Himself wouldn't be desiring to do.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Toronto, I have attended churches that are LGBTQ+ friendly and hugged gay people. I saw the Pride Parade. I think many of them are nice people. In Toronto, there are quite a few churches that are officially LGBTQ friendly and some are headed by gay pastors. See [List of Christian denominations affirming LGBT people].

I sat through sermons delivered by gay pastors many times. 95% of the time, it was no different from a sermon delivered by a non-gay pastor. In fact, one church surprised me in that it was my 4th visit before I realized that the pastor was gay! This rainbow church was very family oriented. The majority of the congregation were straight people with kids. They didn't make a special point of it.

2 Corinthians 6:17
Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

Sounds like you are on the slippery slope about to slide right in to believing sexual perversion is acceptable to the Lord.

After that, they'll have you believing Jesus was gay which is why He never got married!

Did you see all that the Lord has said in His Word about this lifestyle? Doesn't appear you have.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Concerning the issue of homosexuality, I studied the issue from different perspectives and arrived at my conclusion. I think homosexual intercourse is a sin and I do not support the practice of it. I think each believer should follow his own conscience in how to answer this question. Let God's peace guide you. I leave the eternal judgment to God and live in peace with God, myself, and everyone else.

I don't think the feeling itself is a sin. As for transgender expression or behavior, I don't know. In any case, we are called to glorify God in our lives.

Check out this trailer. The full documentary 너에게 가는 길 Coming to You is available on Netflix.

Jesus mentioned eunuchs/homosexuals/asexuals in Matthew 19:

I ask you: What is the difference between a gay person and one who believes that Mary is the Mother of God?

Bottom line, 1 Corinthians 13:

See also

I think Leviticus 18:22 (RSV) make it pretty clear:

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Finding people that regularly attend church but in truth don't KNOW God is about as difficult as finding someone wearing a bathing suit at a public beach.
Just saying....

It's to the point of finding a wheat stalk in a tare field...and that's most modern churches today....especially the "Woke" ones.

I treat LGBTQ as unbelievers. Because their lifestyles in no way reflect the gospel message.

Hey,
I can stand in the garage/carport and make all kinds of truck noises. I'm rather good at it and take pride in how close to real they sound. But for all the noises I make....I'm still not a Chevy Truck. LGBTQ in church is precisely the same thing with Christians. They make a lot of great noises but the truth is something different.

Reactions: marks

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think Leviticus 18:22 (RSV) make it pretty clear:

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.

It's very clear, but many will never accept anything from the old testament.

So, if asked to prove homosexuality was a sin from the New testament... what would you tell them?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mentally ill victims of the cultural agenda having been manipulated by Satan to destroy humanity.

Let's not downplay the seriousness of this. Lives are being destroyed daily by this devastating fiction.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that also true for the child molester and the rapist?

It's not a sin for them to have desire (lust) to do their dastardly deeds?

One cannot desire to do evil and be right with the Lord at the same time as their desires come before the Lord.

We should not be desiring to do anything that the Lord Himself wouldn't be desiring to do.
The desire for evil things is itself sin call concupiscence.

Much love!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's very clear, but many will never accept anything from the old testament.

So, if asked to prove homosexuality was a sin from the New testament... what would you tell them?
There are one or more passages in the epistles that condemn homosexuality, though the only proof I'll accept are words spoken by God or Jesus, and that's why I quote Leviticus 18:22. If people ignore the Old Testament, that is their problem, not ours.

Reactions: Adrift

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the only proof I'll accept are words spoken by God or Jesus

Did you know... the other writings are Words from God and Jesus as well?

The biblical writers were not making stuff up and they were not writing their own thoughts.

2 Peter 1:21
For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Revelation 19:10
for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

2 Peter 1:21 is referring to that which Jesus (God's Word) has to say to mankind thru the written Word which is the oracles of God which came thru the descendants of Abraham

Romans 3:2
because that unto them were committed the oracles of God

Reactions: JohnDB

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you know... the other writings are Words from God and Jesus as well?

The biblical writers were not making stuff up and they were not writing their own thoughts.

2 Peter 1:21
For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Revelation 19:10
for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

2 Peter 1:21 is referring to that which Jesus (God's Word) has to say to mankind thru the written Word which is the oracles of God which came thru the descendants of Abraham

Romans 3:2
because that unto them were committed the oracles of God
It is true that many people believe the entire Bible was written by God. I have a little trouble believing God said this:

[33] For God is not a God of confusion but of peace. As in all the churches of the saints,
[34] the women should keep silence in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be subordinate, as even the law says.
[35] If there is anything they desire to know, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church.
[36] What! Did the word of God originate with you, or are you the only ones it has reached? i Corinthians 14:33-36 RSV

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is true that many people believe the entire Bible was written by God. I have a little trouble believing God said this:

[33] For God is not a God of confusion but of peace. As in all the churches of the saints,
[34] the women should keep silence in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be subordinate, as even the law says.
[35] If there is anything they desire to know, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church.
[36] What! Did the word of God originate with you, or are you the only ones it has reached? i Corinthians 14:33-36 RSV

Well, by questioning the Lord one creates strife between themselves and the Lord. I learned long time ago... if God said it, that's it!

He has taught me all kinds of stuff from His Word that I never would have learned had I refused to accept what God says in His Word. The devil is the author of confusion... and on the woman thing, God has His Order of authority and man was created first, and woman was created to be a help mate for man.

Before I knew better (back in the late 80s) I attended a church for a while that had 2 had pastors... what a train wreck that was! Their church is still around today and they have even more freaky doctrine than they did back then!

Also in Genesis after Adam and Eve fell, the Lord told Eve she will desire this from her husband... and it's been that way ever since where satan is always trying to get the women to want to take over and rule over men.

That's not God's order of how things should work and it always brings forth more deception and confusion which works to the devil's advantage.

That's not to say men should mistreat the ladies... but the men should be the leaders, providers, and protectors

That's another gigantic problem with the world that has crept in to the church... the feminization of men! Girly men!

The devil is always seeking to do what is opposite to how God created things to be.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What makes you think that Transgender people are not Homosexual?