The Qualification for Holiness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Clearly anyone who sees the blood of Jesus as an unholy thing, isn’t sanctified.
Sanctify: To be sacred and set apart.
My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people. And the heathen shall know that I the LORD do SANCTIFY Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.
( Ezekiel 37:27-28 )

That is precisely the answer for that false teaching that hopes to impart Eternal Salvation is not eternal. What some refer to as OSAS. Jesus did not die to seal a conditional salvation. John 3:16 does not say, "...shall have conditional life that is able to be revoked by the actions of the sinner."
That teaching that insists eternal salvation is false is not of Christ. Jesus said those whom the father gives him shall never be taken from his hand. Never!
Conditional Salvation teachings and teachers call Jesus a liar. :( That's not evidence of sanctification either.

(Got questions video below)

For a Christian to lose their salvation God would have to:

*Erase the Mark (John 13- And verse 35.)

*Withdraw the Holy Spirit within them

* Cancel the Deposit (Ephesians 1:13-14 & 2 Corinthians 1:21-22)

*Break His promise (Acts 2:38-39 & What Does the Bible Say About Assurance Of Salvation?)

*Revoke the Guarantee (James 1:17 & 2 Corinthians 1:22)

*Keep the Inheritance (Ephesians 1:11-14)

*Forego the praise (Hebrews 13:15)

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly! They WERE. They now are not. Read the verse carefully and slowly.... out loud. I can add10 more that would not be found in the Bible if OSAS as we understand it, were true. They are there forca reason.

In the beginning of the church, the main enemy was legalism. At the end of the age, it is not legalism but people turning the grace of God into lasciviousness that will be the great deception. Who do we think all those people were at the judgment who will be shocked that their names not being found in the Lamb's book of Life? People who were somehow active in church but who did not say the prayer right? No! It will be those who did not heed the many warnings and who assumed since theircsalvation was secure, holiness was 'optional'. It is not.

Our faith is our umbilical cord to Jesus and life flows as we believe. Sin and our continuing in it hardens our hearts, making faith more and more difficult. God has provided a way to insure we will endure to the end. Do we not want that? Do we not need that?

blessings,

Gideon
This doesn’t say they were sanctified. These were Jews trapped in Judaism, riding the fence if you will.
Greek: ἐνυβρίζω
Transliteration: enubrizō
Pronunciation: en-oo-brid'-zo
Definition: From G1722 and G5195; to insult: - do despite unto.
KJV Usage: do despite unto (1x).
Occurs: 1
In verses: 1
they were insulting to the sacrifice of Christ.
Sorry to be the one to tell you but....... not every word of the Bible is written specifically to you.

believe as you will.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sanctify: To be sacred and set apart.
My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people. And the heathen shall know that I the LORD do SANCTIFY Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.
( Ezekiel 37:27-28 )

That is precisely the answer for that false teaching that hopes to impart Eternal Salvation is not eternal. What some refer to as OSAS. Jesus did not die to seal a conditional salvation. John 3:16 does not say, "...shall have conditional life that is able to be revoked by the actions of the sinner."
That teaching that insists eternal salvation is false is not of Christ. Jesus said those whom the father gives him shall never be taken from his hand. Never!
Conditional Salvation teachings and teachers call Jesus a liar. :( That's not evidence of sanctification either.

(Got questions video below)

For a Christian to lose their salvation God would have to:

*Erase the Mark (John 13- And verse 35.)

*Withdraw the Holy Spirit within them

* Cancel the Deposit (Ephesians 1:13-14 & 2 Corinthians 1:21-22)

*Break His promise (Acts 2:38-39 & What Does the Bible Say About Assurance Of Salvation?)

*Revoke the Guarantee (James 1:17 & 2 Corinthians 1:22)

*Keep the Inheritance (Ephesians 1:11-14)

*Forego the praise (Hebrews 13:15)

Don't forget that Circumcision of the Heart would have to be reverted. The Curse of Adam and Eve would have to be re-applied, and the "flesh" that Jesus "quickened together with Himself" and nailed to the Cross, well, that would all have to be returned.

Physical healings in the New Testament are like a Living Allegory of what takes place within the body . . . the Circumcision of heart. Who in the NT ever became sick, blind, or lame again? None.

Reactions: WaterSong

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't forget that Circumcision of the Heart would have to be reverted. The Curse of Adam and Eve would have to be re-applied, and the "flesh" that Jesus "quickened together with Himself" and nailed to the Cross, well, that would all have to be returned.

Physical healings in the New Testament are like a Living Allegory of what takes place within the body . . . the Circumcision of heart. Who in the NT ever became sick, blind, or lame again? None.
Well said.
A beautiful addition to that list. I'll add it to what I have saved. Blessings. :)

Gideons300

Nov 3, 2020
Maryville, Tn.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in. Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith.

Be not highminded, but fear: For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Romans 11:19-22

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in. Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith.

Be not highminded, but fear: For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Romans 11:19-22
It’s only my opinion, the only sin one can commit is to not fully trust in the shed blood of Jesus.

Gideons300

Nov 3, 2020
Maryville, Tn.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

Jude 1:3-6

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

Jude 1:3-6
afterward destroyed them that believed not.

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s only my opinion, the only sin one can commit is to not fully trust in the shed blood of Jesus.
I would agree that is one sin. Don't forget blasphemy of his holy spirit. That would be rejecting the work of the holy spirit, or worse, attributing the works of the holy spirit to the enemy.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Gideons300

Nov 3, 2020
Maryville, Tn.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;

And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; And did all eat the same spiritual meat; And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.

Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.

Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.

Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.

Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.

Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.

Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

1 Corinthians 10:1-12

Gideons300

Nov 3, 2020
Maryville, Tn.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after;

But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice, Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness: When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.

Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.

So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

Hebrews 3:5-14

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after;

But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice, Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness: When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.

Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.

So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

Hebrews 3:5-14
Post all the scripture you wish, I’ll not stand before God based on my performance.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do understand the lasciviousness the wantoness........ men want me to acknowledge their good works, well you have my acknowledgment. They are yours.

Reactions: HisLife

Gideons300

Nov 3, 2020
Maryville, Tn.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many warnings will it take to awaken His own to the truth? Our faith is not a one time prayer but a living relationship whereby we are to grow up into Him in all things. He has given us spiritual armor. He has assured us that He will not allow us to be tempted beyond our ability to resist. He has promised to keep us from falling. He asks of us one thing. Not a work. He asks us to BELIEVE Him.

It is through the promises of God, and our believing them, that we are changed into His image from glory to glory. All He asks is that we continue in Him, eyes fixed firmly on Him as our prize.

O Lord, open eyes! Open hearts! Let your Word come alive in the hearts of your precious children! Let them see the exceeding greatness of your power to keep us from falling, from disobeying, from straying..... as we trust you to do so. Amen.

blessings to all.

Gideon

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you really believe that any external physical problem we may encounter is going to remove any of us who sincerely love God out of His reach?

No, I don't.

But, your statement "Continuous surrender to God is only possible by asking Him to help us surrender" seems to indicate that one cannot be saved unless they continue to surrender to God until death.
So, if you get Alzheimer's and do NOT continue to surrender to God, what happens to you? Will you be saved?

OSAS ;)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I don't.

But, your statement "Continuous surrender to God is only possible by asking Him to help us surrender" seems to indicate that one cannot be saved unless they continue to surrender to God until death.
So, if you get Alzheimer's and do NOT continue to surrender to God, what happens to you? Will you be saved?

OSAS ;)
I believe that if a person were to lose his ability to choose then he would be where he was when he last made a choice for God.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all.
"""Faith come from God, and everybody got it.... Romans 12:3 ....."For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you,
notice "EVERYONE" has Faith,
\..."""""""

Where did you find such a teaching, that taught you that Paul is saying that everyone has faith, using that Verse. ???

Look at it again...... ""Romans 12:3 "For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, """""

Here is what Paul is saying, and i'll paraphrase it.........>" What im about to tell everyone of you, i say because of God's Grace that has given me this Message for you, and its because of God's Grace in me, that im telling you.
firstr thanks for the reply, second, yes look at Romans 12:3 "For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith."
well lets paraphrase it correctly, "GOD HAVE GIVEN EVERY MAN COMMON SENSE".
that's why we must ADD to it. scripture, 2 Peter 1:5 "And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;"2 Peter 1:6 "And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;"2 Peter 1:7 "And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity."2 Peter 1:8 "For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ."2 Peter 1:9 "But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins."2 Peter 1:10 "Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:"2 Peter 1:11 "For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ."

now behold, think hard and long as how to answer this question. do anyone get more FAITH, than that which is given by God, or do one have the SAME Faith Given by God only increase it, meaning adding to it? YES or NO

now before you answer, we suggest you read and UNDERSTAND. Luke 17:5. so did they get more Faith, or was it "ADDED" to?

now, your second part,
So what is that ????
Listen...God's salvation does not start for each person when they are born of their mother..
well lets see. John 3:1 "There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:"John 3:2 "The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him."John 3:3 "Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."John 3:4 "Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?"John 3:5 "Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God."John 3:6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit."John 3:7 "Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again."

now, behold, if you was NEVER naturally BORN, (from below), why are we even discussing this?. before you can be born again, by the Spirit, (from above), you have to be born NATURALLY BORN FROM BELOW, so that the Spirit can BIRTH you ..... AGAIN. there are two births here... LOL, my God, one NATURALLY, and the other Spiritually, are you getting this?

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"