The Qualification for Holiness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the beginning of our course as a man, a tiny infant born to its natural mother, there is a Light:

"That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world." John 1:9 This is Not speaking of a person born again. It is rather what we see that draws us [the Father draws us] so that we may realize the need to be born again from above. That glimmer of Light gives us direction, if we will move toward it...

"I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." Phil 3:14

"Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life" John 8:12

I'm curious . . . why is it that you choose to rarely answer, directly, the things I posit? Your doing this makes discussion extremely difficult. :)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm curious . . . why is it that you choose to rarely answer, directly, the things I posit? Your doing this makes discussion extremely difficult. :)
One reason would be because it is time to be silent; another one could be that I do not at the moment know the answer to your question and while I could express ignorance, that also may not be the will of God for the moment. Where does the Holy Spirit lead us? What words or the lack thereof does God put in our mouths?

Sometimes I have seen in your words, whether you understood it or not a snare. Jesus was either silent or he spoke God's truth and turned men's words around. I am not Jesus, but I am his follower. I am also still a fallible man.

I am not here only to discuss. I just turned 77 years old and lengthy discussions tire me physically. In spite of that sometimes God wants me to respond... getting involved. None of us should get weary in well doing and when He is leading us and we are following faithfully praying without ceasing and rejoicing in Him always, we won't.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

Gideons300

Nov 3, 2020
Maryville, Tn.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the reply, second, this is why we have a "HELPER", meaning a "COMFORTER" in these trying times. God will sustain us.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"
Indeed we do! So, what is the reason so many of His children are walking with no comfort? Why do so many struggle with sins big and small? Why are so few abiding in Him where they are kept from fulfilling the lusts of the flesh? Why are so many content to be healed only slightly, saying 'peace, peace', when the truth is they still are longing for peace and and comfort inside their hearts?

Do we not see? The Comforter is not automatic... get saved, get comfort. Our personal experience should tell us that this simply is not the way it works. He is looking for faith. We are told that "the eyes of the Lord search to and fro across the whole earth, seeking those on whose behalf He can show Himself strong'. How often we do not receive because we do not ask like the little widow woman who would not take no for an answer.

God tells us to ASK and receive, that our joy might be full. But, we must ask in faith, believing He WILL comfort us, He WILL save us from the power of darkness, He WILL cause us to will AND to do of His good pleasure.

He dwells in our hearts by faith. That is the only thing that we can do to glorify Him. When we get desperate and honest enough with ourselves to admit we need more of Him to walk in comfort, in joy, in victory, and seek Him for the answer that will truly comfort our hearts, He HAS an answer for even the weakest among us.

We do not need to be like the lame man at the pool of Bethesda, waiting for God to move on the waters. Jesus has the answer we seek and promises us that if we seek Him AND His righteousness, we WILL be filled. Amen!

It is our move and He simply awaits hungry hearts to cry out to Him for the victory He died to give us. It is this exact point that will turn the church from a religious organization to a living bride, joyfully and victoriously awaiting her coming King.

blessings,

Gids

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good sir, if you are indeed a sir . . . Faith is the result of a Circumcised Heart, hence, Abraham is the Father of those who have a right Heart with God. Spiritual Circumcision is the lifting of the Curse of Adam and Eve. And this right Heart is the Work of the Spirit. Therefore, it is impossible that Satan was, is, or will be the recipient of Circumcision, the requirement for Salvation.

What kind of church do you attend? Of, if you were to pastor a church, of which label would you give it?
First thanks for the reply. second, the Church I'm a part of is the universal Church, founded, and headed by the Lord Jesus the Christ, God almighty hiimself. the local congregation where I fellowship is none denominational, (I been Baptist most of my life).

now concering Pastor, which I'm Not, and..... have no desire to be a Pastor of a Local congregation. for a. I'm not qualified, (I don't have a doctoral degree of any kind, nor have I attended an seminary/theological school of higher learning). and b. I don't have the patience, nor the social skills to properly care for the need of the Lord Jesus Sheeps. (Translation, I'm not putting up with people excuses, and nor their slackness). now, at times I'll bend a little, but I'm not going to break, or bend orver backward. so see, I'll never qualify for any pastor position. the Lord Jesus and I had this conversation a long time ago, and he know me better than myself. and the crucial part is I know me TOO, and I don't want to go to hell because of 101g., nor anyone else. so it best that I stay away form any kind of position like that in the the Lord Jesus church.

now, what I AM in the Local congregation where I fellowship at is, I'm an asistance Sunday School Teacher, that's all.

Now, for the last part of your question, "if you were to pastor a church, of which label would you give it?".... (smile).... well if, if, if, and another if, if I was to pastor a local congregation, hypothetical, I would call it "G.O.D." Ministries.... the G would stand for God, and the O would stand for of, and the D would stand for Diversity. for I'm a Diversified Oneness believer. I believe this in all of my heart, soul and body. and that ministry will be bible based.

so thanks for asking. be bless.

PICJAG

Reactions: amadeus

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed we do! So, what is the reason so many of His children are walking with no comfort?
you answered your own question, listen to yourself.
God tells us to ASK and receive, that our joy might be full. But, we must ask in faith, believing He WILL comfort us, He WILL save us from the power of darkness, He WILL cause us to will AND to do of His good pleasure.
BUT THIS IS WHAT YOU'RE MISSING, you said,
Do we not see? The Comforter is not automatic... get saved, get comfort.
well let us say it this way, the Helper is just that... a HELPER, and if you're not doing anything, then the helper has nothing to do. BINGO, see a helper ... "HELP", and if there is nothing to help with, then the Helper has nothing to do, because the HELPER don't DO IT FOR YOU, BUT "HELP" YOU DO IT. so as said, if Y O U ain't doing anything then the helper has nothing to do. BINGO.

hope that helped.

PICJAG

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First thanks for the reply. second, the Church I'm a part of is the universal Church, founded, and headed by the Lord Jesus the Christ, God almighty hiimself. the local congregation where I fellowship is none denominational, (I been Baptist most of my life).

now concering Pastor, which I'm Not, and..... have no desire to be a Pastor of a Local congregation. for a. I'm not qualified, (I don't have a doctoral degree of any kind, nor have I attended an seminary/theological school of higher learning). and b. I don't have the patience, nor the social skills to properly care for the need of the Lord Jesus Sheeps. (Translation, I'm not putting up with people excuses, and nor their slackness). now, at times I'll bend a little, but I'm not going to break, or bend orver backward. so see, I'll never qualify for any pastor position. the Lord Jesus and I had this conversation a long time ago, and he know me better than myself. and the crucial part is I know me TOO, and I don't want to go to hell because of 101g., nor anyone else. so it best that I stay away form any kind of position like that in the the Lord Jesus church.

now, what I AM in the Local congregation where I fellowship at is, I'm an asistance Sunday School Teacher, that's all.

Now, for the last part of your question, "if you were to pastor a church, of which label would you give it?".... (smile).... well if, if, if, and another if, if I was to pastor a local congregation, hypothetical, I would call it "G.O.D." Ministries.... the G would stand for God, and the O would stand for of, and the D would stand for Diversity. for I'm a Diversified Oneness believer. I believe this in all of my heart, soul and body. and that ministry will be bible based.

PICJAG
Lol, I’d call the church of. Do your own homework.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

PICJAG
Some, who were called by God to be pastors, I believe, are not working as they should in their calling. Then again there are some holding the position of pastor but, I believe, were never called by God to be in that position. I knew at least one of the latter some years ago. Having a doctorate or a certificate of completion from a seminary would scarcely be as important as first being called by God and second working one should in that calling.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Faith come from God, and everybody got it. now it's what one do with it. supportive scripture, Romans 12:3 "For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you,
notice "EVERYONE" has Faith,
also every man have the... and not a measure of FAITH, so starting out eceryone have the same amount. as said, it's what one do with it. in a sinner case...
Then you said, "Your Salvation is Completed by God and your Faith is completed by Jesus". if you didn't know, I guess not, JESUS IS GOD.
You said, 1.) """""God who began salvation IN the Born Again,...will HIMSELF be Faithful to COMPLETE IT<"""""
God's salvation began the natural day that you was born, from your mother's womb.

PICJAG

I dont usually repost and respond to a members teaching, but what you just taught is so incorrect, that i'm going to post it and reply to it..

101G Said...

"""Faith come from God, and everybody got it.... Romans 12:3 ....."For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you,
\..."""""""

Where did you find such a teaching, that taught you that Paul is saying that everyone has faith, using that Verse. ???

Look at it again...... ""Romans 12:3 "For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, """""

Here is what Paul is saying, and i'll paraphrase it.........>" What im about to tell everyone of you, i say because of God's Grace that has given me this Message for you, and its because of God's Grace in me, that im telling you.

And next... you said.

101G ""
God's salvation began the natural day that you was born, from your mother's womb. """""""

So what is that ????
Listen...God's salvation does not start for each person when they are born of their mother..
God's Salvation started 2000 yrs ago on a Cross, 101G
Thats a little before your time, and this offer is always existing, since the Day of Christ's Atonement for the sin of the World.
And when a person is born again, by God, through faith in Christ, then their Salvation Has Begun., as that is their 2nd BIRTHDAY.

Now look at this verse..

John 3:36.. """"
“He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth NOT on the Son shall not see eternal life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.”""""""

Notice that God's WRATH is currently abiding on every unbeliever.....so, does that sound like their Salvation began when they were born?
Not quite, as all unbelievers are UNDER the Wrath of God, currently damned, currently found committing the unpardonable sin.
The unpardonable sin is "Christ Rejection".. the sin of UNBELIEF.
Reader, its like this..
If you die, an unbeliever, you are found as Hebrews 10. You have "trodden underfoot the blood of Jesus", you have "crucified Christ, Afresh".... as this is the "sinning willfully" sin, that is the only sin that will send you to hell, as its the only unpardonable sin.
See, the blood of Jesus CAN'T pardon you, if you have refused it by being a Christ Rejector and you DIE.
If you do that, you have died "in your sins", and the one that damned you to hell and then the Lake of Fire, is "Christ Rejection".
That is the unpardonable sin.

John 3:36

Last edited:

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First thanks for the reply. second, the Church I'm a part of is the universal Church, founded, and headed by the Lord Jesus the Christ, God almighty himself. the local congregation where I fellowship is none denominational, (I been Baptist most of my life).

now concerning Pastor, which I'm Not, and..... have no desire to be a Pastor of a Local congregation. for a. I'm not qualified, (I don't have a doctoral degree of any kind, nor have I attended a seminary/theological school of higher learning). and b. I don't have the patience, nor the social skills to properly care for the need of the Lord Jesus Sheeps. (Translation, I'm not putting up with people excuses, and nor their slackness). now, at times I'll bend a little, but I'm not going to break, or bend over backward. so see, I'll never qualify for any pastor position. the Lord Jesus and I had this conversation a long time ago, and he knows me better than myself. and the crucial part is I know me TOO, and I don't want to go to hell because of 101g., nor anyone else. so it best that I stay away from any kind of position like that in the Lord Jesus church.

now, what I AM in the Local congregation where I fellowship at is, I'm an assistant Sunday School Teacher, that's all.

Now, for the last part of your question, "if you were to pastor a church, of which label would you give it?".... (smile).... well if, if, if, and another if, if I was to pastor a local congregation, hypothetical, I would call it "G.O.D." Ministries.... the G would stand for God, and the O would stand for of, and the D would stand for Diversity. for I'm a Diversified Oneness believer. I believe this in all of my heart, soul, and body. and that ministry will be bible-based.

PICJAG

I enjoyed your reply . . . A LOT! :)

Gideons300

Nov 3, 2020
Maryville, Tn.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont usually repost and respond to a members teaching, but what you just taught is so incorrect, that i'm going to post it and reply to it..

101G Said...

"""Faith come from God, and everybody got it.... Romans 12:3 ....."For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you,
\..."""""""

Where did you find such a teaching, that taught you that Paul is saying that everyone has faith, using that Verse. ???

Look at it again...... ""Romans 12:3 "For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, """""

Here is what Paul is saying, and i'll paraphrase it.........>" What im about to tell everyone of you, i say because of God's Grace that has given me this Message for you, and its because of God's Grace in me, that im telling you.

And next... you said.

101G ""
God's salvation began the natural day that you was born, from your mother's womb. """""""

So what is that ????
Listen...God's salvation does not start for each person when they are born of their mother..
God's Salvation started 2000 yrs ago on a Cross, 101G
Thats a little before your time, and this offer is always existing, since the Day of Christ's Atonement for the sin of the World.
And when a person is born again, by God, through faith in Christ, then their Salvation Has Begun., as that is their 2nd BIRTHDAY.

Now look at this verse..

John 3:36.. """"
“He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth NOT on the Son shall not see eternal life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.”""""""

Notice that God's WRATH is currently abiding on every unbeliever.....so, does that sound like their Salvation began when they were born?
Not quite, as all unbelievers are UNDER the Wrath of God, currently damned, currently found committing the unpardonable sin.
The unpardonable sin is "Christ Rejection".. the sin of UNBELIEF.
Reader, its like this..
If you die, an unbeliever, you are found as Hebrews 10. You have "trodden underfoot the blood of Jesus", you have "crucified Christ, Afresh".... as this is the "sinning willfully" sin, that is the only sin that will send you to hell, as its the only unpardonable sin.
See, the blood of Jesus CAN'T pardon you, if you have refused it by being a Christ Rejector and you DIE.
If you do that, you have died "in your sins", and the one that damned you to hell and then the Lake of Fire, is "Christ Rejection".
That is the unpardonable sin.

John 3:36
There is a flaw in your scriptural reasoning. Hebrews 10 is not talking about those in the world, unbelievers living under the wrath of God. It is talking about believers who stop believing and who proceed to sin willfully, thinking that because they are saved, they have nothing to fear.

Here is what it says:

"For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Hebrews 10:26-29

I realize that this verse forces the OSAS crowd to go into damage control and try to explain why this verse does not say what it plainly says. But for anyone who is open to the truth with no pre-formed opinion can read these verses and plainly see the author is talking to believers who want to abuse the grace of God, assuming that nothing can separate them from the love of God.

What they forget is there is one thing missing on that list..... us. We can separate ourselves from God by continuing in sin, with no desire to walk in obedience to Him, ignoring God's warning that willful sin can harden our hearts and attack our faith.

Note that it was those who WERE sanctified who were calling the blood of Jesus an unholy thing. Jesus died to free us not just from the penalty of our sins, but also from the power of it over us. To initially get saved and then assume since no one is perfect, that even willful sin is no biggie, is a sure fire way to put oneself in harms way.

It is not that OSAS proponents purposefully start out with a heart to sin willfully. However, with that said, by ignoring the warnings God has given us, these give satan opportunity to harden their hearts, to war against their faith, and yet, because these often well meaning brothers see no danger, they allow more and more deception to infiltrate their hearts.

Willful sin is not character flaws. It is not impatience or an anger problem. It is knowing some action we are taking is displeasing to God and waving the grace card as if all is ok. It is not human frailties of which we are all partakers. It is open rebellion to Christ, yet expecting Him to forgive us because scripturally, we think He has to.

It is an abomination. If we continue to ignore God's clear warnings, and blatantly sin with no hunger to be freed from its grip, no desire to be holy as He is Holy, there will be no mercy for us on judgment day, for there will be no more sacrifice for our sins.

Call me a heretic, and I am sure you will, lol, but I believe that OSAS does not draw people deeper into a holy walk. In many instances, it causes them to turn the grace of God into lasciviousness.... a sin license.

Blessings,

Gideon

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
There is a flaw in your scriptural reasoning. Hebrews 10 is not talking about those in the world, unbelievers living under the wrath of God. It is talking about believers who stop believing

What you'll notice about a devil led Heretic, Gideons300, is that they have an obsessive compulsive neurotic need to come on Christian Forums, and speak from Pulpits and commentaries, trying to cause a REAL BELIEVER to think that they can lose their Salvation.
All devil led heretics do this, on Forums, and in Life.
All.
Have you noticed this?
You definitely should.

And every one of these Cross denying Grace Denying Heretics, live in Hebrews, the Epistle.
Ive taught this Forum this for 5+ months.
And its always this Book, that the heretic's twist to deny that God's Grace is Eternal, and commit the foul sin, in public, of defining the Blood Atonement as temporary, and only as good as the person.

FYI..

I just posted about these devil led heretics on a "Blasphemy OF the Holy Spirit " Thread that just showed up, minutes ago.. and now here you are on my Thread proving it.
And i once again stated that the devil led, this heretic, who is the worst of all, is the one that will try to convince a True Believer that they can lose their salvation, and the #2 most spiritually depraved will try to convince real believers that they can commit the unpardonable sin.
And just so you know...... a few weeks back, i contacted a MOD here, and told them that you'd eventually show up again, and teach "you can lose your salvation",....heresy.
You are right on time. (just so you know).

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a flaw in your scriptural reasoning. Hebrews 10 is not talking about those in the world, unbelievers living under the wrath of God. It is talking about believers who stop believing and who proceed to sin willfully, thinking that because they are saved, they have nothing to fear.

Here is what it says:

"For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Hebrews 10:26-29

I realize that this verse forces the OSAS crowd to go into damage control and try to explain why this verse does not say what it plainly says. But for anyone who is open to the truth with no pre-formed opinion can read these verses and plainly see the author is talking to believers who want to abuse the grace of God, assuming that nothing can separate them from the love of God.

What they forget is there is one thing missing on that list..... us. We can separate ourselves from God by continuing in sin, with no desire to walk in obedience to Him, ignoring God's warning that willful sin can harden our hearts and attack our faith.

Note that it was those who WERE sanctified who were calling the blood of Jesus an unholy thing. Jesus died to free us not just from the penalty of our sins, but also from the power of it over us. To initially get saved and then assume since no one is perfect, that even willful sin is no biggie, is a sure fire way to put oneself in harms way.

It is not that OSAS proponents purposefully start out with a heart to sin willfully. However, with that said, by ignoring the warnings God has given us, these give satan opportunity to harden their hearts, to war against their faith, and yet, because these often well meaning brothers see no danger, they allow more and more deception to infiltrate their hearts.

Willful sin is not character flaws. It is not impatience or an anger problem. It is knowing some action we are taking is displeasing to God and waving the grace card as if all is ok. It is not human frailties of which we are all partakers. It is open rebellion to Christ, yet expecting Him to forgive us because scripturally, we think He has to.

It is an abomination. If we continue to ignore God's clear warnings, and blatantly sin with no hunger to be freed from its grip, no desire to be holy as He is Holy, there will be no mercy for us on judgment day, for there will be no more sacrifice for our sins.

Call me a heretic, and I am sure you will, lol, but I believe that OSAS does not draw people deeper into a holy walk. In many instances, it causes them to turn the grace of God into lasciviousness.... a sin license.

Blessings,

Gideon
First off, this is Paul addressing Jews that haven’t been converted. Secondly the only sin their committing is not believing on and receiving the only one whom can convert them.

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is myT way of saying- "The day I met the Lord in a little Mission Hall 1964, and night became light in my soul". :)
Thank you for your testimony. :)
I was thinking when you said you met Jesus face to face that perhaps you had had a NDE. Near Death Experience.
Thank you again sister. God Bless.

Gideons300

Nov 3, 2020
Maryville, Tn.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First off, this is Paul addressing Jews that haven’t been converted. Secondly the only sin their committing is not believing on and receiving the only one whom can convert them.
First off, even Bible scholars debate who the author of the book of Hebrews is. Secondly, the author addressed them as having already been sanctified. That would be impossible in your scenario.

The warning offered in Hebrews is mirrored in other places in the New Testament. This is not some twisting of an isolated scripture to fit a pre-conceived doctrinal stance. Consider:

"And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight

If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister.

Colossians 1:20-23

What will it take to awaken us to the great danger we have let in the door? And why does it freak so many out so badly if it is not true? Simple. Because if it is up to us to "stay saved", we trust ourselves about as far as we can throw ourselves.

But what if.... What if there was a way to KNOW we would remain faithful? To be assured we would be caused to never stray? That, guys is what walking in our new creature offers us. Our safety does not come from a salvation that we cannot lose despite how much we flirt with sin. Our safety comes from being given brand new natures and as we put them on, and walk in them, and become established in the faith of who we are, God has promised to cause us to walk obediently, both to will AND to do of His good pleasure.

The hour is late. The danger is great. Darkness the likes of which we cannot even comprehend is coming. God is even now awakening us to the truth of who we are and who we are not. If we think we are both the black dog and white dog with both a fallen nature and a new nature battling for supremacy within us, we are flirting with disaster, depending on a doctrine to assure us of our place in Heaven, rather than KNOWING we cannot slip because we know our God will keep us from falling.

Praise God, when we arm ourselves with the truth that we are new creatures with obedient natures, we will find ourselves abiding in Him.... by faith.... unshakeable, kept by the power of God Himself. That, guy, is real assurance of salvation.

blessings,

Gideon

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First off, even Bible scholars debate who the author of the book of Hebrews is. Secondly, the author addressed them as having already been sanctified. That would be impossible in your scenario.

I’m no scholar, but my thought would be that God is the Author.

As to whom is sanctified, I guess I’d need a quote from Hebrews in which the author states they are?

Gideons300

Nov 3, 2020
Maryville, Tn.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m no scholar, but my thought would be that God is the Author.

As to whom is sanctified, I guess I’d need a quote from Hebrews in which the author states they are?
"Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace."

Hebrews 10:29

I think God stated it pretty clearly.

blessings,

Gids

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace."

Hebrews 10:29

I think God stated it pretty clearly.

blessings,

Gids
Clearly anyone who sees the blood of Jesus as an unholy thing, isn’t sanctified.

Reactions: WaterSong

Gideons300

Nov 3, 2020
Maryville, Tn.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Clearly anyone who sees the blood of Jesus as an unholy thing, isn’t sanctified.
Exactly! They WERE. They now are not. Read the verse carefully and slowly.... out loud. I can add10 more that would not be found in the Bible if OSAS as we understand it, were true. They are there forca reason.

In the beginning of the church, the main enemy was legalism. At the end of the age, it is not legalism but people turning the grace of God into lasciviousness that will be the great deception. Who do we think all those people were at the judgment who will be shocked that their names not being found in the Lamb's book of Life? People who were somehow active in church but who did not say the prayer right? No! It will be those who did not heed the many warnings and who assumed since theircsalvation was secure, holiness was 'optional'. It is not.

Our faith is our umbilical cord to Jesus and life flows as we believe. Sin and our continuing in it hardens our hearts, making faith more and more difficult. God has provided a way to insure we will endure to the end. Do we not want that? Do we not need that?

blessings,

Gideon