The Qualification for Holiness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
now behold, think hard and long as how to answer this question. do anyone get more FAITH, than that which is given by God, or do one have the SAME Faith Given by God only increase it,

now, behold, if you was NEVER naturally BORN, (from below), why are we even discussing this?. before you can be born again, by the Spirit, (from above), you have to be born NATURALLY BORN FROM BELOW, so that the Spirit can BIRTH you

How do you know that a baby can't trust in Christ, or as you teach, a baby has saving faith..
Its because they can't even read yet., much less understand the Gospel.
See, you have to be able to understand it, to BELIEVE IT, so, this type of understanding is not available when we are first born, as you for some odd reason are teaching.. that it is available.

Next...

I think that perhaps there is a bit of a language barrier issue here, regarding what you are trying to say, vs the way you are writing it... that is causing it to be misunderstood.
That is not your fault., and its also not mine.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you know that a baby can't trust in Christ, or as you teach, a baby has saving faith..
that's why a child have PARENTS, until he or she become of age, for it is in them from bith, scriptute, 2 Timothy 1:5 "When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee also."2 Timothy 1:6 "Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands."

was it developed, or activated that unfeigned faith?
unfeigned: G505 ἀνυπόκριτος anupokritos (a-nï-po'-kriy-tos) adj.
without hypocrisy (i.e. genuine, sincere, truthful, honest, moral).
[from G1 (as a negative particle) and a presumed derivative of G5271]
KJV: without dissimulation (hypocrisy), unfeigned
Root(s): G1, G5272

genuine, or original, yes, and it was in him.

Now care to answer the original question? just in case you forgot, here it is again, "do anyone get more FAITH, than that which is given by God, or do one have the SAME Faith Given by God only increase it, meaning adding to it? YES or NO" your answer please.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If we think that we can attain to holiness in this life lived here in flesh and bone, we are greatly deluded.

God took 6000 yrs in the OT to show them/us that man can never attain.
If we could Jesus then died for nothing. THE CROSS released Holiness , when the veil was rent from top to bottom. Truth was set free ...that there is no other saviour , and sure not ourselves..
We can NEVER ever be good enough to be well pleasing to Him.
"Hidden In Him" is the only way God can look at us as Holy and without spot.

Reactions: HisLife

Gideons300

Nov 3, 2020
Maryville, Tn.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever considered the spiritual darkness that fills a person, whose only reason to exist on a christian forum, is to try to falsely convince Real Believers, that they can lose their salvation?
Have you ever known anyone who was such a "dark light", that they have completely been spiritually subverted, and have become so theologically twisted = actually believing that teaching against the Cross of Christ, is "God's will "for them?

Imagine the darkened spiritual insanity, of a person who is so spiritually corrupted, that they try to convince God's Redeemed that His Son's Blood has no power to keep them saved.
Imagine the darkness in this person who does this, while using God's own words to try to contradict God's finished work of The Christ.
Are you able to see the devil in this situation?
Have you ever met anyone like this, Gideons 300?

Can anything be more devilish, more satanic, then for a person who professes faith in Christ, to blaspheme The Christ in public by contradicting Jesus's finished work on the Cross?
Have you met anyone who does this ?
If you do, you might give them a "fair warning" as they are a walking Galatians 1:8.
Why are you always dancing around what you long to say but do not have the nerve to do so? To what end?

Regardless of what you assume about me, I love the Lord with all of my heart and believe He is fully able to keep that which I have committed unto Him until that day.

You do realize however, that many fine believers do not see it as you do, and do not agree with your take on OSAS and much of their view is based upon reading verses such as the few I have shared here. There are many more. For you to be convinced in your own heart what you believe is commendable, but to slander another brother because they do not see things as you do is simply mean-spirited carnal thinking, and not love.

I do not believe we have to work for our salvation. However I do believe we have to continue in the faith, grounded and settled and moved not away from the hope of the gospel. Faith is not a one time event. It is a walk.

Jesus talks about seed.... and He identifies it as good seed.... being sown and then sprouting and spring forth to newness of life. But in two cases He lists, through lack of depth or the cares of this life, the life is choked out and it produces no fruit. He tells us to make sure we are good ground. Why do you think He would share such a thing?

Why would He talk about His servants who were too busy with their lives to respond when the call came forth to ready themselves for the master to return. This angered the master and He sent his call out to the poor, the lame, the halt, the blind and compelled them to come in instead.

What possible reason could God have included a good dozen scriptures warning us of our need to continue in the faith and to remain in the faith and to endure to the end? Why would these be placed in the Word of God for any other reason than He was warning us?

Believe and share what you like, for that is your prerogative on this forum. I will continue to do the same. But if you continue to accuse me of heresy, even in your 'subtle' veiled way, you will be reported. I have tried to be patient and not return evil for evil. but there are clear forum rules that all members, you included are asked to observe. I hope you can do so.

blessings to you, Behold

Gideon

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think some people muddle up what Jesus gives as a gift...Life.
And, what is weighed in the balance..our works . If they be our own, or if they be His. We do not lose salvation , but we can lose our position as a faithful servant , in glory.

Reactions: Waiting on him

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that if a person were to lose his ability to choose then he would be where he was when he last made a choice for God.

I was 42 years old when I was converted, and believed, the Lord Jesus.

If I had died immediately, then I was eternally saved from the wrath of God.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are you always dancing around what you long to say but do not have the nerve to do so? To what end?

Regardless of what you assume about me, I love the Lord with all of my heart and believe He is fully able to keep that which I have committed unto Him until that day.

You do realize however, that many fine believers do not see it as you do, and do not agree with your take on OSAS and much of their view is based upon reading verses such as the few I have shared here. There are many more. For you to be convinced in your own heart what you believe is commendable, but to slander another brother because they do not see things as you do is simply mean-spirited carnal thinking, and not love.

I do not believe we have to work for our salvation. However I do believe we have to continue in the faith, grounded and settled and moved not away from the hope of the gospel. Faith is not a one time event. It is a walk.

Jesus talks about seed.... and He identifies it as good seed.... being sown and then sprouting and spring forth to newness of life. But in two cases He lists, through lack of depth or the cares of this life, the life is choked out and it produces no fruit. He tells us to make sure we are good ground. Why do you think He would share such a thing?

Why would He talk about His servants who were too busy with their lives to respond when the call came forth to ready themselves for the master to return. This angered the master and He sent his call out to the poor, the lame, the halt, the blind and compelled them to come in instead.

What possible reason could God have included a good dozen scriptures warning us of our need to continue in the faith and to remain in the faith and to endure to the end? Why would these be placed in the Word of God for any other reason than He was warning us?

Believe and share what you like, for that is your prerogative on this forum. I will continue to do the same. But if you continue to accuse me of heresy, even in your 'subtle' veiled way, you will be reported. I have tried to be patient and not return evil for evil. but there are clear forum rules that all members, you included are asked to observe. I hope you can do so.

blessings to you, Behold

Gideon

I appreciate your witness for the Lord with your words.

However, you said this: "Faith is not a one time event. It is a walk."

Faith is is a walk, for sure, but it is also a one-time event at justification: we are justified by faith.
And yes, we 'walk by faith, not by sight' too.

Peace.

Reactions: Helen

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Why are you always dancing around what you long to say but do not have the nerve to do so?

Gideon

Im always transparent and crystal clear.
Always.

If i was not direct enough regarding how i have described your behavior on forum(s), as per your own words, then let me know, and i'll pm them to you.
Better yet, go and re-read what ive stated, here on CB... regarding what ive personally witnessed you do, as your self proclaimed "ministry".
The reality is, if i was any more direct and clear, regarding you, there would be blood on the floor.

Gideons300

Nov 3, 2020
Maryville, Tn.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Always.

If i was not direct enough regarding how i have described your behavior on forum(s), as per your own words, then let me know, and i'll pm them to you.
Better yet, go and re-read what ive stated, here on CB... regarding what ive personally witnessed you do, as your self proclaimed "ministry".
The reality is, if i was any more direct and clear, regarding you, there would be blood on the floor.
Your mean spiritedness is plain for all to see and reflects your heart. Now, answer clearly. No need for a PM. Let everyone read it. Are you accusing me of being a heretic? A simple yes or no will do.

I am praying for you.

be blessed, Behold. I mean that.

Gids

Gideons300

Nov 3, 2020
Maryville, Tn.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I appreciate your witness for the Lord with your words.

However, you said this: "Faith is not a one time event. It is a walk."

Faith is is a walk, for sure, but it is also a one-time event at justification: we are justified by faith.
And yes, we 'walk by faith, not by sight' too.

Peace.
Absolutely. According to the parable of the sower, good seed is sown. And the good seed sprouts. And if weeds choke the life out of it, what is the result? Why would Jesus share the parable of the sower? Why would He say that to whom much is given, much is required?

We have seen the gospel twisted to say that there is nothing we must do, including continuing to believe in Christ's sacrifice. Yet the Word tells us that if we DO these things, and continue in the faith, we shall never fall.

Why would there be over a dozen clear warnings from Paul, John, Peter, the author of Hebrews, Jude and Jesus Himself as to the need to endure, continue, grow in the faith? What possible purpose could there be for God to sow confusion in His Word. Why would Jesus threaten the Laodecian saints with being spit out of His mouth if He saw everyone as perfect and with no need of repentance and rebuke if needed?

I have never had one OSAS adherent explain that to me..... ever, other than to try to twist the scripture verses to make them say something other than what they very clearly are saying.

The OSAS crowd is forced to avoid these verses, for to even acknowledge them would mean God has expectations for our behavior. This is exactly what Jude warns us about. I beg all who red this post. Read these words out loud.... slowly.... and then do it again.

"Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

Jude 1:3-6,20-21

Why? Why on earth would Jude write such sobering words? Can we not see how crazy it is that this scripture is being totally gutted of its intent by OSAS doctrine? I marvel, and yes, fear, for those whose eyes have been blinded to the truth. And my prayer is that God opens their eyes before it is too late.

Satan has infiltrated the church just as Paul warned us and grace has been changed from teaching us how to deny ungodliness and worldly lusts so that we can live soberly, righteously and justly into a guarantee of Heaven no matter how one lives, no matter what one makes their treasure, no matter whether their faith beings forth fruit or not.

May God awaken His own to the promise He has given us to cause us to walk as obedient children. The only thing He asks of us is that we want it as badly as Paul did in Romans 7, and with broken hearts, cry out to Him to deliver us from US... our old disobedient, self-loving carnal natures.

blessings,

Gids

Reactions: tabletalk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Absolutely. According to the parable of the sower, good seed is sown. And the good seed sprouts. And if weeds choke the life out of it, what is the result? Why would Jesus share the parable of the sower? Why would He say that to whom much is given, much is required?

We have seen the gospel twisted to say that there is nothing we must do, including continuing to believe in Christ's sacrifice. Yet the Word tells us that if we DO these things, and continue in the faith, we shall never fall.

Why would there be over a dozen clear warnings from Paul, John, Peter, the author of Hebrews, Jude and Jesus Himself as to the need to endure, continue, grow in the faith? What possible purpose could there be for God to sow confusion in His Word. Why would Jesus threaten the Laodecian saints with being spit out of His mouth if He saw everyone as perfect and with no need of repentance and rebuke if needed?

I have never had one OSAS adherent explain that to me..... ever, other than to try to twist the scripture verses to make them say something other than what they very clearly are saying.

The OSAS crowd is forced to avoid these verses, for to even acknowledge them would mean God has expectations for our behavior. This is exactly what Jude warns us about. I beg all who red this post. Read these words out loud.... slowly.... and then do it again.

"Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

Jude 1:3-6,20-21

Why? Why on earth would Jude write such sobering words? Can we not see how crazy it is that this scripture is being totally gutted of its intent by OSAS doctrine? I marvel, and yes, fear, for those whose eyes have been blinded to the truth. And my prayer is that God opens their eyes before it is too late.

Satan has infiltrated the church just as Paul warned us and grace has been changed from teaching us how to deny ungodliness and worldly lusts so that we can live soberly, righteously and justly into a guarantee of Heaven no matter how one lives, no matter what one makes their treasure, no matter whether their faith beings forth fruit or not.

May God awaken His own to the promise He has given us to cause us to walk as obedient children. The only thing He asks of us is that we want it as badly as Paul did in Romans 7, and with broken hearts, cry out to Him to deliver us from US... our old disobedient, self-loving carnal natures.

blessings,

Gids
@Gideons300 The parable of the sower is very searching. How we need to rely on the Word of God fallen upon good ground, rather than anything else (law-keeping efforts, etc.)!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after;

But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice, Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness: When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.

Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.

So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

Hebrews 3:5-14
@Gideons300 Hebrews is so searching, with the faith principle from the Old Testament a shining, recurring example...

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
We have seen the gospel twisted to say that there is nothing we must do, including continuing to believe in Christ's sacrifice.
Gids

Noone on this Forum teaches "we are to do nothing"....

So, your game of trying to invent and create the false perception, that when Gods Grace is taught correctly as a FREE ETERNAL GIFT...(Eternal Life)...which omits any SELF EFFORT related to WHY God's Grace is Eternal and cant be lost....... that this is "teaching that a Christian is to do nothing."

So, that is your backhanded way of once again teaching your Gospel of works.. falsely, as God's Grace.

What you should do, is just be honest.
You should tell these people that you believe you can lose your salvation.
As once you do that, you are clearly showing them what you are.... in truth.
And by dodging that, is the same as admitting it....of course.

Now, on Worthy Christian Forums, you replied to me in a Thread, that you believen in "eternal Security", and then in the very next Thread, you attacked "OSAS" as being heresy and so forth.
And it was those 2 Threads, that caused you to find your exit, not so long afterward, as by doing that, you proved you are just playing a Trolling game with real believers.

So, lets see what you do now.
Will you, not respond for a few days, again, or will you just write me....>"be blessed"..

Gideons300

Nov 3, 2020
Maryville, Tn.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Always.

Noone on this Forum teaches "we are to do nothing"....

So, your game of trying to invent and create the false perception, that when Gods Grace is taught correctly as a FREE ETERNAL GIFT...(Eternal Life)...which omits any SELF EFFORT related to WHY God's Grace is Eternal and cant be lost....... that this is "teaching that a Christian is to do nothing."

So, that is your backhanded way of once again teaching your Gospel of works.. falsely, as God's Grace.

What you should do, is just be honest.
You should tell these people that you believe you can lose your salvation.
As once you do that, you are clearly showing them what you are.... in truth.
And by dodging that, is the same as admitting it....of course.

Now, on Worthy Christian Forums, you replied to me in a Thread, that you believen in "eternal Security", and then in the very next Thread, you attacked "OSAS" as being heresy and so forth.
And it was those 2 Threads, that caused you to find your exit, not so long afterward, as by doing that, you proved you are just playing a Trolling game with real believers.

So, lets see what you do now.
Will you, not respond for a few days, again, or will you just write me....>"be blessed"..
I have stated before, I have nothing against you and refuse to join your insults and false accusations. To do so is simply to lower myself to a fleshly level which can in no way glorify the Lord and I refuse to do so.

All I know is that Jesus said you will know them by their fruits displayed and by the love they have one for another. Whether you see it or not, your tone in your posts reveal far more about your spiritual state than your spiritual resume and head knowledge of the Bible.

I do wish you well and hope you find peace.

be blessed, Behold

Gideon