The Rapture Error on Era

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone who is as true Christian will be caught up! Jesus is our only rigtheousness. All believers no matter how weak or frail or stumble prone they are are saints and caught up! Jesus did for all our sins not just 99 44/100% of them. God no longer sees sin but Jesus in us.

Who are the ones who survived the tribulation sir Rev 7:9,14

Those "raptured" are those who were "in Christ" Ron 1 Thes 1:1; 4:16

Tommy Cool

Jul 17, 2022
HIGHLAND,MI
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if you want I can list them one by one and show why they are wrong.

Absolutely …say away.

I already know the metaphor thing regarding body, bride, and building …which I will address, so anything related to that should not be necessary….
You don’t really have to elaborate on anything. Just point out what you believe is wrong… and why…....Thx

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ronald Nolette A so called partial rapture of the church is not Scriptural.......

True! The only things conditional for believers is the rewards we can attain for obedience to His will and not just general good works. but th echurch is one body and Jesus will not divide us because a lack of some measure of perfection.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very Vague.
True Christian, implies there are False Christians.
Are they ALL gathering in the SAME Christian Church?
Do they wear Name Tags...True Christian/False Christian ...so everyone knows who is True and who is False?

What is a True Christian? Is True Christian a Scriptural term?

Well with all teh vagaries that people use, it is just a name to separate people who are practicing a
"Christian religion" but have never got saved (Matt 7 folk) and those who are truly saved. Another term would be external practices vs. internal practicers or possessors vs. professors. The false Christians are the tares and will be shown to be such at the proper time.

Well god has name tags on them and that is all we need to know.

Yes in every believing (vs. apostate churches) church there are unbelievers in the pews as a general rule. Who they are is NOYB unless they admit it.

A true Christian is not scriptural but it connotes in this age of Laodecia those who truly are saved because they have trusted in Jesus death and resurrection as the complete payment for their sins vs. those just practicing religion without saving fatih.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who are the ones who survived the tribulation sir Rev 7:9,14

Those "raptured" are those who were "in Christ" Ron 1 Thes 1:1; 4:16

Yes and the bride of Christ, the church, is raptured before the tribulation starts. Those who survive the trib I have dubbed "tribulation saints. they are saved and eternally secure, but they got saved after God raptured the church off the earth. they have a different destiny during the 1,000 year reign of Jesus on earth than does saved OT Israel and teh church.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Here is my response to this OP
The primary purpose of this post is to clarify an error of the era that I frequently see associated with the explanation of the “gathering together unto Him” (aka- the rapture). Actually, the error is not isolated to those in adherence to the rapture, but that is my focus.
I have yet to see what exactly the "error" is. But here are the errors in the post.

ERROR #1
“The body of Christ” …. is not an extension of the church of the Bride …spoken of in the gospels. The bride is the bride, and the body is the body… The bride was not assimilated into the body…. There is NOTHING in the epistles that gives us any indication that the Church of the Bride continued…

ERROR #2
There are a few vailed indications in the gospels of things to come, which were lightly touched on by Jesus.

ERROR #3
THE MYSTERY WAS A SECRET HIDDEN IN GOD….. Things like …. salvation by grace...

ERROR #4
So, that is one reason we cannot use any prophecy from the gospels or the OT to substantiate or correlate anything regarding “the gathering together unto Him” (rapture).

ERROR#5
The second reason is that everything that Jesus prophesied about, was to Israel, whom Jesus came to redeem...

ERROR #6
Everything regarding “the gathering together unto Him” must be gleaned from the Epistles...

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well with all teh vagaries that people use, it is just a name to separate people who are practicing a
"Christian religion" but have never got saved (Matt 7 folk) and those who are truly saved. Another term would be external practices vs. internal practicers or possessors vs. professors. The false Christians are the tares and will be shown to be such at the proper time.

Well god has name tags on them and that is all we need to know.

Simple, clear, concise, as Jesus said.....Converted.

Yes in every believing (vs. apostate churches) church there are unbelievers in the pews as a general rule. Who they are is NOYB unless they admit it.

A true Christian is not scriptural but it connotes in this age of Laodecia those who truly are saved because they have trusted in Jesus death and resurrection as the complete payment for their sins vs. those just practicing religion without saving fatih.

Discussing Spiritual matters, CONVERTED, is inclusive.
A slew of other terms, are VAGUE.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes and the bride of Christ, the church, is raptured before the tribulation starts. Those who survive the trib I have dubbed "tribulation saints. they are saved and eternally secure, but they got saved after God raptured the church off the earth. they have a different destiny during the 1,000 year reign of Jesus on earth than does saved OT Israel and teh church.

Actually Ron, the bride (elect) is here at the end of the tribulation, in fact they are the reason the tribulation is cut short, on their account according to Jesus at Mat 24:22. Only the bride comes to life upon their resurrection Rev 20:6 therefore those who are not raptured will not receive the reward of everlasting life until the end of the thousand years Rev 20:5. Destiny is a misappropriate word sir, that would imply we do not have free will in our choices.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually Ron, the bride (elect) is here at the end of the tribulation, in fact they are the reason the tribulation is cut short, on their account according to Jesus at Mat 24:22. Only the bride comes to life upon their resurrection Rev 20:6 therefore those who are not raptured will not receive the reward of everlasting life until the end of the thousand years Rev 20:5. Destiny is a misappropriate word sir, that would imply we do not have free will in our choices.

No the bride is in heaven as it explicitly says in Rev. 19:

Revelation 19
King James Version

19 And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:

2 For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.

3 And again they said, Alleluia And her smoke rose up for ever and ever.

4 And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne, saying, Amen; Alleluia.

5 And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great.

6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.

7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

these events occur before the first resurrection of Rev. 20 and occur in heaven. Jesus returns after the wedding takes place.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True, but many people use different terms so we must be prepared to speak to them at their level of understanding.

However some terms are erroneous for what they think they are expressing.

Just sayin..
Taken

Tommy Cool

Jul 17, 2022
HIGHLAND,MI
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is my response to this OP
I have yet to see what exactly the "error" is. But here are the errors in the post.
The primary purpose of this post is to clarify an error of the era that I frequently see associated with the explanation of the “gathering together unto Him” (aka- the rapture). Actually, the error is not isolated to those in adherence to the rapture, but that is my focus.

ERROR #1
“The body of Christ” …. is not an extension of the church of the Bride …spoken of in the gospels. The bride is the bride, and the body is the body… The bride was not assimilated into the body…. There is NOTHING in the epistles that gives us any indication that the Church of the Bride continued…

ERROR #2
There are a few vailed indications in the gospels of things to come, which were lightly touched on by Jesus.

ERROR #3
THE MYSTERY WAS A SECRET HIDDEN IN GOD….. Things like …. salvation by grace...

ERROR #4
So, that is one reason we cannot use any prophecy from the gospels or the OT to substantiate or correlate anything regarding “the gathering together unto Him” (rapture).

ERROR#5
The second reason is that everything that Jesus prophesied about, was to Israel, whom Jesus came to redeem...

ERROR #6
Everything regarding “the gathering together unto Him” must be gleaned from the Epistles...

If these are the things you believe are errors on my part …we don’t have anything to discuss …the chasm is far to large. If I thought there would be any profit in a rebuttal, I would do so….but there is not.