The Rapture Error on Era

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tommy Cool

Jul 17, 2022
HIGHLAND,MI
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The primary purpose of this post is to clarify an error of the era that I frequently see associated with the explanation of the “gathering together unto Him” (aka- the rapture). Actually, the error is not isolated to those in adherence to the rapture, but that is my focus.

As a proponent of the rapture, I will include a few chapters of scripture at the end of this post…or maybe just link them to separate threads ….

Additionally all scripture is linked to BLB to save space…. except for the chapters.

I am going on the assumption you are aware of the new covenant that was initiated on Pentecost to the Jews first… and later to the Gentiles in Act 10…..And that this “administration of grace” that God set up, that we are living in today “The body of Christ” …. is not an extension of the church of the Bride …spoken of in the gospels.

The bride is the bride, and the body is the body… The bride was not assimilated into the body…. There is NOTHING in the epistles that gives us any indication that the Church of the Bride continued….. It was a full stop….held in abeyance until after the grace period …. it resumes again in Revelation.

Currently we are in this dispensation of grace (better translated administration) which involves many things. Things that were not known until Paul received them by revelation from Jesus Christ (Gal 1:12) (Eph 3:1-9)

There are a few vailed indications in the gospels of things to come, which were lightly touched on by Jesus. But, other than that…. the greatness of what took place at Pentecost and the years following were just not known…nor were they available to be known during Christ’s ministry…..or anytime previous.

It was no secret that the gentiles would be blessed under Abraham …but nothing even close to the extent of what God revealed after Pentecost was known, written, or even thought about…

THE MYSTERY WAS A SECRET HIDDEN IN GOD….. Things like → The one body…. Jews and Gentiles fellow heirs …. the one new man …. salvation by grace ….born again with/of incorruptible seed …. spirit within unconditionally …. Christ being head of the body and us being members in particular…. and a few other things including “our gathering together unto Him” … These were things that even Jesus Christ did not know of, or know the fullness of… at the time …Because, it was hid in God1Co 2:7&8.

Pe 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired…

1Pe 1:11 Searching … sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow…

1Pe 1:12 …..The angels desire to look into….

With the understanding that this was a GREAT secret (mystery) hidden in God until it was revealed to Paul ….The OT (Old Testament) prophets including Jesus Christ… could not prophesize “anything” regarding this administration of grace ….and therefore, everything that was prophesize by Jesus Christ (which He got primarily from the OT scrolls)….. were the coming events …things that “were” going to be taking place next.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ BUT ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~ and this is the greatest But ~~~~

God had something up his spiritual sleeve that was not written in OT prophecy nor spoken of by Jesus Christ ….It was a secret, a mystery, that God had kept hidden ….this unforeseen, untraceable administration of Grace… and everything it entails….

And …Wow! Aren’t we thankful…. Aside from this kicking the devil where it hurts …we should be eternally grateful for what God pulled off…….. We were Gentiles (goy) … we had nothing….. and Now we are sons & daughters of the most high God with the promise of eternity and so much more.

By God sandwiching in this unknown administration of grace….. it put a temporary halt to everything that Jesus spoke of in the gospels …………. Those are things that will resume when the era of the Church of God is completed …. I don’t know when that is, and neither does anyone else …. God knows….but it will culminate with the gathering together (rapture) of the body of Christ, both dead & alive…at which point the tribulation will technically begin … of which there are biblical earmarks that tell us that.

So, that is one reason we cannot use any prophecy from the gospels or the OT to substantiate or correlate anything regarding “the gathering together unto Him” (rapture). The second reason is that everything that Jesus prophesied about, was to Israel, whom Jesus came to redeem ~originally~. Understandably the gentiles, at that time, would have been subject to the events going on, but unless you were a proselyte you had no hope…

I know, many of those who adhere to the rapture try to pull certain scripture from the gospels to substantiate certain thing …but that is incorrect…. Everything regarding “the gathering together unto Him” must be gleaned from the Epistles. Because despite the date when the gospels were written (as given by revelation from Jesus Christ) ……they are to be viewed and understood only in their respective time…. and that respective time was before Pentecost… before God made known the greatness and the fullness of the mystery….and that is why there can’t be any prophecy regarding the grace administration in the gospels or OT.

I know there are some similarities in the gospels that look like they might fit with the gathering together in the epistles ……… but similar is not identical, and there are several vast differences between tribulation time and the “gathering together unto Him” (rapture).

I should add one thing…. Just in case there are those reading this who believe we are living in the beginnings of the tribulation period. You need to understand… if that were true (it’s not) but if it were, then nothing in the 7 Church epistles would apply to you…. salvation by grace, spirit within, the one body …etc, etc etc…. You would have none of that. Because that would mean the administration of grace has ceased, and you are now living in the time of Revelation. I know times are tumultuous …but we ain’t there…we might be close to the rapture ….or not…

Just live each day as though He is coming back today….but plan as though He’s never coming back (in your lifetime)

I was going to add the chapters from I Thessalonians chapter 4:13-18 & chapter 5 and II Thessalonians chapter 2. But I may do them on individual threads and link them to this page….↓

I Thessalonians chapter 4:13-18 & chapter 5

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The primary purpose of this post is to clarify an error of the era that I frequently see associated with the explanation of the “gathering together unto Him” (aka- the rapture). Actually, the error is not isolated to those in adherence to the rapture, but that is my focus.

As a proponent of the rapture, I will include a few chapters of scripture at the end of this post…or maybe just link them to separate threads ….

Additionally all scripture is linked to BLB to save space…. except for the chapters.

I am going on the assumption you are aware of the new covenant that was initiated on Pentecost to the Jews first… and later to the Gentiles in Act 10…..And that this “administration of grace” that God set up, that we are living in today “The body of Christ” …. is not an extension of the church of the Bride …spoken of in the gospels.

The bride is the bride, and the body is the body… The bride was not assimilated into the body…. There is NOTHING in the epistles that gives us any indication that the Church of the Bride continued….. It was a full stop….held in abeyance until after the grace period …. it resumes again in Revelation.

Currently we are in this dispensation of grace (better translated administration) which involves many things. Things that were not known until Paul received them by revelation from Jesus Christ (Gal 1:12) (Eph 3:1-9)

There are a few vailed indications in the gospels of things to come, which were lightly touched on by Jesus. But, other than that…. the greatness of what took place at Pentecost and the years following were just not known…nor were they available to be known during Christ’s ministry…..or anytime previous.

It was no secret that the gentiles would be blessed under Abraham …but nothing even close to the extent of what God revealed after Pentecost was known, written, or even thought about…

THE MYSTERY WAS A SECRET HIDDEN IN GOD….. Things like → The one body…. Jews and Gentiles fellow heirs …. the one new man …. salvation by grace ….born again with/of incorruptible seed …. spirit within unconditionally …. Christ being head of the body and us being members in particular…. and a few other things including “our gathering together unto Him” … These were things that even Jesus Christ did not know of, or know the fullness of… at the time …Because, it was hid in God1Co 2:7&8.

Pe 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired…

1Pe 1:11 Searching … sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow…

1Pe 1:12 …..The angels desire to look into….

With the understanding that this was a GREAT secret (mystery) hidden in God until it was revealed to Paul ….The OT (Old Testament) prophets including Jesus Christ… could not prophesize “anything” regarding this administration of grace ….and therefore, everything that was prophesize by Jesus Christ (which He got primarily from the OT scrolls)….. were the coming events …things that “were” going to be taking place next.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ BUT ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~ and this is the greatest But ~~~~

God had something up his spiritual sleeve that was not written in OT prophecy nor spoken of by Jesus Christ ….It was a secret, a mystery, that God had kept hidden ….this unforeseen, untraceable administration of Grace… and everything it entails….

And …Wow! Aren’t we thankful…. Aside from this kicking the devil where it hurts …we should be eternally grateful for what God pulled off…….. We were Gentiles (goy) … we had nothing….. and Now we are sons & daughters of the most high God with the promise of eternity and so much more.

By God sandwiching in this unknown administration of grace….. it put a temporary halt to everything that Jesus spoke of in the gospels …………. Those are things that will resume when the era of the Church of God is completed …. I don’t know when that is, and neither does anyone else …. God knows….but it will culminate with the gathering together (rapture) of the body of Christ, both dead & alive…at which point the tribulation will technically begin … of which there are biblical earmarks that tell us that.

So, that is one reason we cannot use any prophecy from the gospels or the OT to substantiate or correlate anything regarding “the gathering together unto Him” (rapture). The second reason is that everything that Jesus prophesied about, was to Israel, whom Jesus came to redeem ~originally~. Understandably the gentiles, at that time, would have been subject to the events going on, but unless you were a proselyte you had no hope…

I know, many of those who adhere to the rapture try to pull certain scripture from the gospels to substantiate certain thing …but that is incorrect…. Everything regarding “the gathering together unto Him” must be gleaned from the Epistles. Because despite the date when the gospels were written (as given by revelation from Jesus Christ) ……they are to be viewed and understood only in their respective time…. and that respective time was before Pentecost… before God made known the greatness and the fullness of the mystery….and that is why there can’t be any prophecy regarding the grace administration in the gospels or OT.

I know there are some similarities in the gospels that look like they might fit with the gathering together in the epistles ……… but similar is not identical, and there are several vast differences between tribulation time and the “gathering together unto Him” (rapture).

I should add one thing…. Just in case there are those reading this who believe we are living in the beginnings of the tribulation period. You need to understand… if that were true (it’s not) but if it were, then nothing in the 7 Church epistles would apply to you…. salvation by grace, spirit within, the one body …etc, etc etc…. You would have none of that. Because that would mean the administration of grace has ceased, and you are now living in the time of Revelation. I know times are tumultuous …but we ain’t there…we might be close to the rapture ….or not…

Just live each day as though He is coming back today….but plan as though He’s never coming back (in your lifetime)

I was going to add the chapters from I Thessalonians chapter 4:13-18 & chapter 5 and II Thessalonians chapter 2. But I may do them on individual threads and link them to this page….↓

I Thessalonians chapter 4:13-18 & chapter 5

I think the biggest error is the misunderstanding of who will be raptured. Many think all Christians will be, but only an extremely few will be.

Reactions: Taken

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those believers that are NOT looking for Jesus's return will not be caught up!!! Your choice.

Tommy Cool

Jul 17, 2022
HIGHLAND,MI
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those believers that are NOT looking for Jesus's return will not be caught up!!! Your choice.

That is speculation…. no place does the Word declare that.

1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 9:28 tells us who Jesus will return for!!! Believe it!!!
28 so also Christ was offered once for all time as a sacrifice to take away the sins of many people. """He will come again, not to deal with our sins, but to bring salvation to all who are eagerly waiting for him.

Tommy Cool

Jul 17, 2022
HIGHLAND,MI
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 9:28 tells us who Jesus will return for!!! Believe it!!!
28 so also Christ was offered once for all time as a sacrifice to take away the sins of many people. """He will come again, not to deal with our sins, but to bring salvation to all who are eagerly waiting for him.

There are a couple things to consider …the translation with the added word eagerly is a bit misleading….but it can stand. Although, I have included three other translations a bit more accurate …But more importantly …. although the truth of the scripture is absolute …. Hebrew is addressed to the Christian Jews of the dispersion…. to those who have never walked in the freedom of the new birth. James, I & II Peter, I II & III John, and Jude closely align themselves to this category also.

The 7 Church epistles Rom - Thes are addressed directly to the Church of God…. the administration of Grace. …(with a segue in Romans between 9-11)

If you isolate Heb 9:28 …with your interpretation, there are several scripture in the epistles you will need to dismiss…..Pretty sure we shouldn’t do that.

Heb 9:28 so Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; so that at his second coming he shall appear without our sins for the salvation of those who look for him. (Peshitta Text)

Heb 9:28 so also the Christ, once having been offered to bear the sins of many, a second time, apart from a sin-offering, shall appear, to those waiting for him -- to salvation! (Youngs)

Heb 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation. (KJV)

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the biggest error is the misunderstanding of who will be raptured. Many think all Christians will be, but only an extremely few will be.

Everyone who is as true Christian will be caught up! Jesus is our only rigtheousness. All believers no matter how weak or frail or stumble prone they are are saints and caught up! Jesus did for all our sins not just 99 44/100% of them. God no longer sees sin but Jesus in us.

Reactions: Tommy Cool

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those believers that reject the rapture will be left behind and then must try to live under anti-christ rule in the years of the great tribulation. Why do that?????

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The bride is the bride, and the body is the body… The bride was not assimilated into the body….
For someone who does not even know that the Body, the Bride, and the Building are all metaphors for the same entity -- the Church -- you should first be doing your own careful study of Scripture before posting long posts.

Also it is preposterous to claim that "even Jesus did not know" what God the Father knew. Since Jesus is God and all power and authority have been given to Him by the Father, it follows that He knows all things.

So my friend, you are already in error, but nonetheless claiming to correct "the Rapture error".

Tommy Cool

Jul 17, 2022
HIGHLAND,MI
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For someone who does not even know that the Body, the Bride, and the Building are all metaphors for the same entity -- the Church -- you should first be doing your own careful study of Scripture before posting long posts.

Also it is preposterous to claim that "even Jesus did not know" what God the Father knew. Since Jesus is God and all power and authority have been given to Him by the Father, it follows that He knows all things.

So my friend, you are already in error, but nonetheless claiming to correct "the Rapture error".

I am kind of new at this whole thing …so, you say I should study? That is a new concept, I thought I would just receive it by osmosis… but hey, if you think it would help … I might give it a shot…Although maybe you could shine some light on how you conclude this metaphor thing…Is it just when you don’t understand something you call it a metaphor… or how does that work.

Am I being a jerk …absolutely!... just like you were. If you have a question about something I wrote …ask ...but don’t try to belittle me …it don’t work, and I will shove it right back at you with the written Word of God…I am not just a neck blowing bubbles…. if I state something, I can back it up from the Word and not just with religious rhetoric…

Is it preposterous …You have read the gospels … You know what am talking about. At the time Jesus was prophesizing of the coming events He did not know… The scripture you refer to is after the resurrection before being taken up …All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.( Mat 28:18) and you got to ask yourself… who gave it???…. and when??? I could line up a hundred more scripture…but what I stated was “AT THE TIME”. Which was the same time He made this statement Mat 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no [man], no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Everyone who is as true Christian will be caught up! Jesus is our only rigtheousness. All believers no matter how weak or frail or stumble prone they are are saints and caught up! Jesus did for all our sins not just 99 44/100% of them. God no longer sees sin but Jesus in us.
@Ronald Nolette A so called partial rapture of the church is not Scriptural.......

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am kind of new at this whole thing …so, you say I should study?
Yes. You should first study then post what is actually revealed in Scripture. You have a responsibility to present Bible truth, not your own musings. And you have made a series of erroneous statements. So if you want I can list them one by one and show why they are wrong. Or you can fix your own post.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure how you come to that conclusion...

In a nut shell, wearing the Christian name tag, DOES NOT mean, having Become Converted.

Wearing the Christian name tag, merely means, Hearing, Reading, Studying, Following along, believing........at which at ANY time ANY man can Stop.

Conversion IS receiving the Gift of Salvation...NOT the name tag Christian.

There are Others who have Become Converted, who DO NOT wear the Christian name tag.

Converted Jews, call themselves Christians Messianic Jews.

Reactions: Tommy Cool

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Caught up has nothing to do with Looking for Jesus’ Return.

Caught up APPLIES to men who have BECOME PREPARED, via Conversion, and ARE Caught up, BEFORE Jesus’ RETURN.

I know you know this. Your statement is off kilter.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

As a proponent of the rapture...

The Thread Title was a bit funky, But get your drift.
Your opening post appears fairly well on target...eh some will disagree with your selection of words to make your point, as always happens in a long post.

Your one-liner ... proponent of the rapture ... establishes your intent, which I am in agreement with.

Your highlight ... Age of Grace .... again, yes it is.

The “gathering together”... does get confusing, Because “gathering” is not a ONE time Event. Historically “gathering” has occurred “specifically” applicable to “specific people” for eons.

It will continue, for specific people...the gathering of the Raptured, the gathering of the Jews, the gathering of the Tribes (Israel), the gathering of the Saved after the millennial reign....”gathering”...IN CONTEXT, becomes convoluted.

Just saying,
Appreciate your effort,
Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Very Vague.
True Christian, implies there are False Christians.
Are they ALL gathering in the SAME Christian Church?
Do they wear Name Tags...True Christian/False Christian ...so everyone knows who is True and who is False?

What is a True Christian? Is True Christian a Scriptural term?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure how you come to that conclusion...

Pretty simple really Tom, those raptured are those who will reside in heaven. Those who are redeemed from the earth are numbered at 144k. Most of those have already died and were resurrected to heaven after Jesus' enthronement Rev 20:6 those who die after that resurrection happened get resurrected instantly, and then those that remain until Christ's return are the ones who are actually raptured 1 Thes 4:17