The reason for the season.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Pearl,

I think good practices are the best way, which is to say, focus the mind on Christ now, and catch the ways we get pulled away from that, and get used to that with small ordinary days, so when the Big Holiday Season is crashing over us we have good habits.

Much love!
Very true. And not just at Christmas and Easter either. We need to be more focused on Jesus at all times.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My Christmas tree . . . is an evergreen, because Jesus lives eternally. It has a star on top because God is our faithful Guide. It has sparkling lights on it that remind me those who turn many to righteousness will shine like the stars. It has decorations of gold and silver and gems, the righteous acts of the saints. Presents underneath are the only good reply to all He's done . . . we give to others.

But we won't have a Christmas tree this year thanks to our 2-year-old cats! They will never let us!!

Much love!
The colours on my tree remind me that Jesus is for ever - the evergreen. That he is King of kings - gold. That his blood was shed - the red. And that it washes whiter than snow - the white.

Christmas Colours *

The colours of Christmas,
Red, white, green and gold;
Each has a meaning
Where Christ’s story is told.

The gold is his royalty,
He’s the king of all kings;
Born in a stable,
Salvation he brings.

The white is his purity;
God’s own perfect pure light,
Which shines in the darkness
Abolishing night.

The red is his blood
Which was shed on that tree
To cleanse us from sin
And set us all free.

The evergreen branches
So fragrant and green
Mean life everlasting
For those who are clean.

Our Father in heaven
Came down from above
And lived as a man,
For such is his love.

So be quiet this Christmas,
Make room in your heart,
Allow Jesus to enter
For that shining new start.

Pearl Dec 2013

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The colours on my tree remind me that Jesus is for ever - the evergreen. That he is King of kings - gold. That his blood was shed - the red. And that it washes whiter than snow - the white.

Christmas Colours *

The colours of Christmas,
Red, white, green and gold;
Each has a meaning
Where Christ’s story is told.

The gold is his royalty,
He’s the king of all kings;
Born in a stable,
Salvation he brings.

The white is his purity;
God’s own perfect pure light,
Which shines in the darkness
Abolishing night.

The red is his blood
Which was shed on that tree
To cleanse us from sin
And set us all free.

The evergreen branches
So fragrant and green
Mean life everlasting
For those who are clean.

Our Father in heaven
Came down from above
And lived as a man,
For such is his love.

So be quiet this Christmas,
Make room in your heart,
Allow Jesus to enter
For that shining new start.

Pearl Dec 2013
Wow! I remember . . . being a kid, with a little 4 sheet blank book, with pages of red, white, green, and gold, to tell the redemption story.

I haven't thought about that in a long long time!

Much love!

Reactions: Ziggy and Pearl

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I participate in the gift exchange with my children and grandchildren. Didn't put up decorations last year and I won't this year.
Our society has accomplished turning The celebration of Christ's birth into a retail business rather than celebrating Jesus.:(

If all Christians did away with all of the "Santa type" holiday, maybe those who sell all there "Christmas gifts" will get the message? I don't see that happening any time soon. :(

So much pressure to spend money we do not have on material gifts when the ONLY TRUE AWESOME gift is Christ...what better gift than Him??

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to teach my little grandaughter about the real Christmas story. A few weeks ago I gave her a pretty angel figure for her bedroom and then when she began to talk about angels I showed her the angel in the picture story book of Jesus birth. And the latest is that she is to play the Angel Gabriel in her nursery's nativity play and it opened a way to show her the book again. Bless, she's only three.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
True,.. but I don't think there's anything wrong with letting children fill joyful from receiving their gifts from Santa either. :)
Absolutely not. The thread is more about not letting the hassle and the pressure to get things perfect take the focus off Jesus. We can still have fun though.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Btw just so everybody knows, it was simply just a misunderstanding with me and @Pearl. :)

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Lynda nice to meet you. :) *Hugs back* (My first and middle name is actually April and Rose btw. :D)
My middle name is Margaret after my mom, and her mom.
When I had my daughter I dropped my mom's middle name and gave her part of mine.
Amanda Lynn.

Now I love music. I used to play the guitar and the banjo and the keyboard.. my hands don't work like they used to..

So I named her A mandolin.

images

Reactions: April_Rose

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me it's important to keep the reason - Jesus - at the front of my mind as we get ready to celebrate the season.

Perhaps we might all share our thoughts about ways we can do that.

Focus on the same way I celebrate Every Day ON this Earth.
Peace and Joy IN my heart, every day, Despite the madness and insanity OF the World.

Peace and Joy to you and yours Pearl.

Glory to God,
Taken