The reason for the season.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Pearl what made me stop decorating was all the items that portrayed Santa Claus, elves, reindeer, and everything BUT Jesus...
I also discussed with my daughters that we are doing a serious injustice to our children by telling them Santa Claus is going to bring them presents....this is DECEPTION! Then when they become old enough and realize we lied it imprints a false spirit in their minds...in other words...we are teaching our kids to believe in a lie and that it's ok...
Same as the Easter Bunny, the tooth fairy and any other holiday character.
STOP THE DECEPTION! Especially to children who are too young to know the difference.
I agree. When my son was little he asked is Jesus real and we told him yes. The we asked if Father Christmas (Santa) was real and we told him no. We thought it was the right thing to do but he now says it spoiled his Christmas.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. When my son was little he asked is Jesus real and we told him yes. The we asked if Father Christmas (Santa) was real and we told him no. We thought it was the right thing to do but he now says it spoiled his Christmas.
Better to spoil his Christmas than his soul.
And on top of that if we tell them Santa is real and Jesus is real then when they learn Santa isn't real they may think Jesus isn't either.

Reactions: Ziggy and Pearl

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Again I direct you to this thread that goes more into detail about how I feel about the subject.

Santa Claus

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please don't be angry but I just don't want to entertain any kind of idolatry. And that is how I feel..
God Bless.

I'm not angry. Like I said you're free to feel how you feel and I'm free to feel how I feel. I was just sharing my thoughts is all and see if you wanted to share them as well. It takes a LOT to get me angry and I could care less if you agree with the Santa thing or not. :) I agree with you and others on the fact that it's really sad how people have forgotten about Jesus though. :(

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not angry. Like I said you're free to feel how you feel and I'm free to feel how I feel. I was just sharing my thoughts is all and see if you wanted to share them as well. It takes a LOT to get me angry and I could care less if you agree with the Santa thing or not. :) I agree with you and others on the fact that it's really sad how people have forgotten about Jesus though. :(
:D:D:D
Sweet...Hugs, I love you sister!

Reactions: April_Rose