The reason for the season.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I agree. When my son was little he asked is Jesus real and we told him yes. The we asked if Father Christmas (Santa) was real and we told him no. We thought it was the right thing to do but he now says it spoiled his Christmas.
@Pearl Yes, good to bear in mind the impression of what is real, that children receive.

On a broader note, children will also get impressions about the Christianity which we indeed talk about, whether it's actually real in our lives...

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy It does indeed take an effort to watch all the sugar and calories...
I started a thread when I first came here called "How Sweet it is"
And what kind of effects sugar has had on my life.
All I can say is, if I knew then, what I know now.
I probably wouldn't have gotten so many Dunkin Donuts coffee extra large/extra cream/extra sugar..lol
I probably wouldn't have tried to be a man in the printing industry lifting thousands of pounds of paper a day either..
My back reminds me of my pride all the time.

LOL
Hugs
(not funny really, I don't know why I laughed):confused:

yes you do..:rolleyes:

why?o_O

Because you like laughing..:p

Hugs
:D

Reactions: Pearl and amadeus

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I started a thread when I first came here called "How Sweet it is"
And what kind of effects sugar has had on my life.
I probably wouldn't have gotten so many Dunkin Donuts coffee extra large/extra cream/extra sugar..lol
I probably wouldn't have tried to be a man in the printing industry lifting thousands of pounds of paper a day either..

LOL
Hugs

why?o_O

Hugs
@Ziggy Yes, well, back issues are another story, too...

Reactions: Pearl and Ziggy
R

Rita

Hi @Pearl
To be honest I don’t look upon Christmas as any different time of the year spiritually, it’s one day and I must admit to hating the competition that seems to exist between the pagan and Christian celebrations. The truth is that the day is shared and has been for so long. Christians claim it as their’s but bring the pagan things into it all and endeavour to claim that it’s spiritual. I stopped endeavouring to make it anymore than it really is quite a few years ago. I have such lovely memories as a child and so the emotional attachment to it is often to those memories, it was never a spiritual time as I grew up in a non Christian environment. Endeavouring to adapt to a new emotional attachment was never something I was able to do when I came to faith, more so because I was still in a non Christian family.
I tried to do things differently when my marriage ended, but still never found it workable. In the end I chose to be real and honest with myself and the Lord.
I am doing a study at the moment on ‘ The unexpected Jesus ‘ It is an advent study, but I started it some months ago. Its not really to help me focus on Christmas, but more about how different people reacted responded and anticipated his first coming. I see a lot of similarities as people speculate about his second coming ( which was really what made me embark on the study in the first place )
I do not like the pressure that is on so many people to conform to the buying of gifts, but it’s something that is just so hard to break free of as it has become part of the tradition. Along with so many other things, in reality it is one day in the whole year.
The upside of remembering Jesus being born is that it was one day and one event that changed the spiritual world so much and continues to bring hope - unlike the pagan side of Christmas that just ends with that feeling after the day is over and suddenly there is nothing more to look forward to, the food is eaten, the presents unwrapped and people look back and wonder what it is really all about !!

Rita xx

Last edited by a moderator:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. When my son was little he asked is Jesus real and we told him yes. The we asked if Father Christmas (Santa) was real and we told him no. We thought it was the right thing to do but he now says it spoiled his Christmas.
But the spirit we should have and feel is the Holy Spirit, which most certainly is real even if we place another name on it like Father Christmas, Santa Claus. St. Nicholas, or Kris Kringle! Speaking of it this way to a child is not lying to them. The explanation to them could and should rather encourage them to enjoy the season for the right reason.
Which day did the Lord Not make?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

LOL
Hugs

why?o_O

Hugs
This reminded me of our first apartment after my wife and I were married. It was upstairs with no elevators... but we were young and strong, no trouble, right? Forever, right?

I had given her, at 100 lbs., a piggyback ride up those stairs and she decided to return the favor. She was strong in spite of her relatively small frame and regularly helped me pouring concrete. She managed to get me [perhaps 75-80 lbs. heavier than her] onto her back and carried me up the stairs to our apartment. No, no trouble then...!

About 4 years ago [44 years after the fact], she had back surgery and had 3 titanium rods inserted. Do you suppose there is a connection?

Reactions: Pearl and Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This reminded me of our first apartment after my wife and I were married. It was upstairs with no elevators... but we were young and strong, no trouble, right? Forever, right?

I had given her, at 100 lbs., a piggyback ride up those stairs and she decided to return the favor. She was strong in spite of her relatively small frame and regularly helped me pouring concrete. She managed to get me [perhaps 75-80 lbs. heavier than her] onto her back and carried me up the stairs to our apartment. No, no trouble then...!

About 4 years ago [44 years after the fact], she had back surgery and had 3 titanium rods inserted. Do you suppose there is a connection?
We don't feel the damage until our muscles start to weaken.. then boom.
Also they put flouride in the city water and that leaches calcium from the bones.
That's why there is so much artheritis and osteperosis today.
They said oh, it's good for your teeth. Only on a toothbrush that you rinse out.
Flouride is poison. It was used on the Jews in Hitler's days to keep the people dumbed down and domocile, so they wouldn't rise up and fight back.
Or at least that's the history I've read.

ARTHRITIS
Current evidence strongly indicates that some people diagnosed with “arthritis” are in fact suffering from low-grade fluoride poisoning.

Joint pain and stiffness are well known symptoms of excessive fluoride intake. According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, too much fluoride causes “chronic joint pain” and “arthritic symptoms.” (DHHS 1991). U.S. health authorities have long dismissed the relevance of this by insisting that fluoride only causes arthritic symptoms in patients with advanced forms of skeletal fluorosis, a bone disease caused by fluoride. Modern research clearly shows, however, that fluoride-induced joint pains can occur in the absence of obvious skeletal fluorosis. This makes fluoride’s effects on joints extremely difficult to differentiate from common forms of arthritis. In fact, research has found that fluoride can be a direct cause of osteoarthritis, with or without the presence of classic skeletal fluorosis. (Bao 2003; Savas 2001; Tartatovskaya 1995; Czerwinski 1988; Chen 1988).

Arthritis

Fluoride & Arthritis: New Data Highlights Hazards of Current Safety Standards

This is definately not the reason for the season...
But Jesus came to heal. And the more you know, the more you can be aware of your health.

@Pearl if you want I will move this, or leave it..
didn't mean to muddy the thread.
Sorry
Hugs

Reactions: Pearl

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We don't feel the damage until our muscles start to weaken.. then boom.
Also they put flouride in the city water and that leaches calcium from the bones.
That's why there is so much artheritis and osteperosis today.
They said oh, it's good for your teeth. Only on a toothbrush that you rinse out.
Flouride is poison. It was used on the Jews in Hitler's days to keep the people dumbed down and domocile, so they wouldn't rise up and fight back.
Or at least that's the history I've read.

ARTHRITIS
Current evidence strongly indicates that some people diagnosed with “arthritis” are in fact suffering from low-grade fluoride poisoning.

Joint pain and stiffness are well known symptoms of excessive fluoride intake. According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, too much fluoride causes “chronic joint pain” and “arthritic symptoms.” (DHHS 1991). U.S. health authorities have long dismissed the relevance of this by insisting that fluoride only causes arthritic symptoms in patients with advanced forms of skeletal fluorosis, a bone disease caused by fluoride. Modern research clearly shows, however, that fluoride-induced joint pains can occur in the absence of obvious skeletal fluorosis. This makes fluoride’s effects on joints extremely difficult to differentiate from common forms of arthritis. In fact, research has found that fluoride can be a direct cause of osteoarthritis, with or without the presence of classic skeletal fluorosis. (Bao 2003; Savas 2001; Tartatovskaya 1995; Czerwinski 1988; Chen 1988).

Arthritis

Fluoride & Arthritis: New Data Highlights Hazards of Current Safety Standards

This is definately not the reason for the season...
But Jesus came to heal. And the more you know, the more you can be aware of your health.

@Pearl if you want I will move this, or leave it..
didn't mean to muddy the thread.
Sorry
Hugs
Too late on the Flouride warnings... but thanks!

Back to Ho, Ho, Ho...!

Reactions: Ziggy and Pearl

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps we might all share our thoughts about ways we can do that.
Hi Pearl,

I think good practices are the best way, which is to say, focus the mind on Christ now, and catch the ways we get pulled away from that, and get used to that with small ordinary days, so when the Big Holiday Season is crashing over us we have good habits.

Much love!

Reactions: Pearl

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope others will join in so that we can all remind each other that Christmas is about Jesus and not Santa or Father Christmas.
My Christmas tree . . . is an evergreen, because Jesus lives eternally. It has a star on top because God is our faithful Guide. It has sparkling lights on it that remind me those who turn many to righteousness will shine like the stars. It has decorations of gold and silver and gems, the righteous acts of the saints. Presents underneath are the only good reply to all He's done . . . we give to others.

But we won't have a Christmas tree this year thanks to our 2-year-old cats! They will never let us!!

Much love!

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My Christmas tree . . . is an evergreen, because Jesus lives eternally. It has a star on top because God is our faithful Guide. It has sparkling lights on it that remind me those who turn many to righteousness with shine like the stars. It has decorations of gold and silver and gems, the righteous acts of the saints. Presents underneath are the only good reply to all He's done . . . we give to others.

But we won't have a Christmas tree this year thanks to our 2-year-old cats! They will never let us!!

Much love!
I have 9..
I can relate to that.. :)
Hugs

Reactions: Pearl and marks