The reason Jesus was killed and Israel didn’t recognize Him.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The reason that Jesus was rejected and killed by the Jews wasn’t because He claimed to be the messiah many Jews claimed to be the messiah until it was proven that they weren’t, it wasn’t blasphemy to claim to be the messiah.

The reason Jesus was killed was because He claimed to be God as shown in Matthew 26

62 Then the high priest stood up and said to Jesus, “Are you not going to answer? What is this testimony that these men are bringing against you?” 63 But Jesus remained silent.

The high priest said to him, “I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Messiah, the Son of God.”

64 “You have said so,” Jesus replied. “But I say to all of you: From now on you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.”[e]

65 Then the high priest tore his clothes and said, “He has spoken blasphemy! Why do we need any more witnesses? Look, now you have heard the blasphemy. 66 What do you think?”

“He is worthy of death,” they answered.

Jesus claimed to be the one from Daniel 7 the son of man

13 “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man,[a] coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. 14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

The Pharisees knew this that’s why they shouted blasphemy.

This is the same reason that the Jews didn’t recognize Jesus because they didn’t know that their messiah was also their God they didn’t know that their God was sent to save them from their sins. They were concerned about being saved physically from the Romans and not spiritually from their sins.

If the Jews would of understood that their God was going to save them from their sins and not physically from the Romans then they wouldn’t of been looking for an earthly kingdom and they wouldn’t of rejected and killed Him.

If we Christians today know this why do so many of us look to a future earthly kingdom? There is no purpose for it.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believe God's Eternal Living Word--Jesus is returning soon with the armies of heaven and all the raptured believers and will set up his kingdom on earth and rule from Jerusalem for 1000 years.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Israel did recognize him in fact !
For Nathaniel was worthy of the Title Israel in fact ! Jesus said so !
The rest of the Mob were not worthy of the Title Israel in fact !

Jesus disciples were the only ones worthy of Holy Moses and so this group were worthy of God regarding the OT in fact ! and it was not until Jesus went to Heaven that they knew that he was the Christ Jesus in fact and they were the first Christians in fact !

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we Christians today know this why do so many of us look to a future earthly kingdom? There is no purpose for it.

Scripture says, "they Kingdom come" but some people want to deny and oppose this. A future kingdom and rule over people who are still mortal is prophecy for after the second coming.

The thousand years is the rule with a rod of iron over the nations. It is not the length of a kingdom. The kingdom is eternal. Physically it is only in heaven at this time. It is here spiritually inside of believers now. It will be a physical reality after the second coming is completed.

Christ will exercise his Kingly authority on Earth when the 7th trump sounds:

Rev 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

The rod of iron reign only begins after Christ has come:

Rev 2:25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.
Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
Rev 2:27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

The saint's reign will be on the Earth not from heaven:

Rev 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
Rev 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the EARTH.

Second coming:

Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

The verb RULE here is in the future tense so it happens after the events of Armageddon are completed.

After the second coming:

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

All these prove a literal kingdom with Christ and his saints physically here on the Earth literally ruling over human beings of various nations.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reason that Jesus was rejected and killed by the Jews wasn’t because He claimed to be the messiah many Jews claimed to be the messiah until it was proven that they weren’t, it wasn’t blasphemy to claim to be the messiah.

The reason Jesus was killed was because He claimed to be God as shown in Matthew 26

62 Then the high priest stood up and said to Jesus, “Are you not going to answer? What is this testimony that these men are bringing against you?” 63 But Jesus remained silent.

The high priest said to him, “I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Messiah, the Son of God.”

64 “You have said so,” Jesus replied. “But I say to all of you: From now on you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.”[e]

65 Then the high priest tore his clothes and said, “He has spoken blasphemy! Why do we need any more witnesses? Look, now you have heard the blasphemy. 66 What do you think?”

“He is worthy of death,” they answered.

Jesus claimed to be the one from Daniel 7 the son of man

13 “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man,[a] coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. 14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

The Pharisees knew this that’s why they shouted blasphemy.

This is the same reason that the Jews didn’t recognize Jesus because they didn’t know that their messiah was also their God they didn’t know that their God was sent to save them from their sins. They were concerned about being saved physically from the Romans and not spiritually from their sins.

If the Jews would of understood that their God was going to save them from their sins and not physically from the Romans then they wouldn’t of been looking for an earthly kingdom and they wouldn’t of rejected and killed Him.

The assumption you're making is that seeing Jesus in an earthly way equates with mis-reading him as the Son of God, seeing him only as a man. Though that is certainly true in many cases, the truth is that those who have eyes of faith see Jesus as both an earthly man and a divine Being.

It is not seeing Jesus as a man that deceives us, but rather, seeing him *only* as a man. For those with spiritual eyes, the earthly man is a revelation from God indicating that he is the Son of God, or God made flesh.

Believing in a future Millennial Kingdom similarly is not looking purely for an earthly Kingdom, but more, looking for a Kingdom that imposes upon earth greater conformity to God in heaven. It is belief that the promises God made to Abraham have yet to be fulfilled, since the many nations, including Israel, called to be nations of God, have not yet kept up with their callings.

It is believed that with the coming of this Millennial Kingdom, these promises will be finally fulfilled even before the history of sinful mankind is finished. Though much of Church history has denied the promise of a future Millennial Kingdom, all Christians believe in a future Kingdom of God. Either way, God's word will be fulfilled in a New Earth. And being earthly, the New Earth does not contradict God's righteousness in Heaven.

That being said, I agree with your assessment that the real problem was in believing Jesus to be the Son of God, or Divine. People certainly had no problem viewing him strictly as a Man.

As such, he had no more to offer Israel than leadership in military battles against the Romans. But the Jews should've known that to bring about Israel's deliverance the sins of Israel would have to be dealt with first. After all, it was sin that delivered them into slavery in the first place.

So before Messiah could deliver Israel, the obvious presence of apostasy and sin would have to be dealt with first. Being as bad as it was, Israel simply had to be defeated by the Romans and delivered into captivity once again. Messiah himself would suffer from the same apostasy and sin that he met with when he was born into that sinful nation.

Those who saw that Jesus had been raised from the dead, or who heard that it had happened, recognized that there was not only hope for themselves in their own sins, but also a basis for Israel's restoration. If the dead could rise, then Christ could raise anybody else he chooses to have mercy on.

Those who therefore looked upon Jesus as Messiah and Son of God recognized that only Deity could rise from the dead and impart that grace upon those who repent and believe. Those who reject Jesus as God, insisting on seeing him only as a man, have no basis for recovery. The Law has failed. And judgment has come upon Israel without hope.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Israel did recognize him in fact !
For Nathaniel was worthy of the Title Israel in fact ! Jesus said so !
The rest of the Mob were not worthy of the Title Israel in fact !

Jesus disciples were the only ones worthy of Holy Moses and so this group were worthy of God regarding the OT in fact ! and it was not until Jesus went to Heaven that they knew that he was the Christ Jesus in fact and they were the first Christians in fact !
I’m not quite sure what you are saying but there is a difference in ethic Israel and spiritual Israel

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus was actually crucified by the Romans.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus was actually crucified by the Romans.
Yes physically but even Israel themselves said let His death be on us and our children there’s no need to be technical here.

Im sure you know well that it was Israel who rejected Jesus and set Him up. If you paid a hit man to kill somebody would you not be responsible for it?

Reactions: rwb

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes physically but even Israel themselves said let His death be on us and our children there’s no need to be technical here.

Im sure you know well that it was Israel who rejected Jesus and set Him up. If you paid a hit man to kill somebody would you not be responsible for it?
Jesus death was planned. It didn't just happen. He was born into that troubled place and time for the specific purpose of taking our sin to the cross. The alignment of the stars which appeared at his birth had been set in motion from the very time the stars were put in place and set in motion.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus death was planned. It didn't just happen. He was born into that troubled place and time for the specific purpose of taking our sin to the cross. The alignment of the stars which appeared at his birth had been set in motion from the very time the stars were put in place and set in motion.

Of course it was I’m not saying that it was wasn’t but God used their sin and rejection for a His purpose

Davidpt

Dec 6, 2023
East Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but even Israel themselves said let His death be on us and our children there’s no need to be technical here.

Do you see that as a bad thing or something? I would think they would want His blood upon them and their children. Granted, they apparently didn't realize they were actually wishing a blessing in disguise upon them and their children when they said that. Every professed Christian should already know that it is a good thing, not a bad thing, for His blood to be upon you. If His blood is not upon you this means none of your sins are being covered.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do you see that as a bad thing or something? I would think they would want His blood upon them and their children. Granted, they apparently didn't realize they were actually wishing a blessing in disguise upon them and their children when they said that. Every professed Christian should already know that it is a good thing, not a bad thing, for His blood to be upon you. If His blood is not upon you this means none of your sins are being covered.

Really? Yes OfCourse I do because it was a bad thing I am quite surprised that you dais this.

They weren't calling on Jesus' blood to cover their sins they were calling for His death because they rejected Him as God and also God the Father Himself when they said that they had no king but Cesar. Read what Jesus Himself said about it below.

Luke 19
41 As he approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it 42 and said, “If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace—but now it is hidden from your eyes. 43 The days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment against you and encircle you and hem you in on every side. 44 They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God’s coming to you.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Believe God's Eternal Living Word--Jesus is returning soon with the armies of heaven and all the raptured believers and will set up his kingdom on earth and rule from Jerusalem for 1000 years.
No verse in the bible shows Jesus reigning on the earth from Jerusalem for 1000 years

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The assumption you're making is that seeing Jesus in an earthly way equates with mis-reading him as the Son of God, seeing him only as a man. Though that is certainly true in many cases, the truth is that those who have eyes of faith see Jesus as both an earthly man and a divine Being.

It is not seeing Jesus as a man that deceives us, but rather, seeing him *only* as a man. For those with spiritual eyes, the earthly man is a revelation from God indicating that he is the Son of God, or God made flesh.

Believing in a future Millennial Kingdom similarly is not looking purely for an earthly Kingdom, but more, looking for a Kingdom that imposes upon earth greater conformity to God in heaven. It is belief that the promises God made to Abraham have yet to be fulfilled, since the many nations, including Israel, called to be nations of God, have not yet kept up with their callings.

It is believed that with the coming of this Millennial Kingdom, these promises will be finally fulfilled even before the history of sinful mankind is finished. Though much of Church history has denied the promise of a future Millennial Kingdom, all Christians believe in a future Kingdom of God. Either way, God's word will be fulfilled in a New Earth. And being earthly, the New Earth does not contradict God's righteousness in Heaven.

That being said, I agree with your assessment that the real problem was in believing Jesus to be the Son of God, or Divine. People certainly had no problem viewing him strictly as a Man.

As such, he had no more to offer Israel than leadership in military battles against the Romans. But the Jews should've known that to bring about Israel's deliverance the sins of Israel would have to be dealt with first. After all, it was sin that delivered them into slavery in the first place.

So before Messiah could deliver Israel, the obvious presence of apostasy and sin would have to be dealt with first. Being as bad as it was, Israel simply had to be defeated by the Romans and delivered into captivity once again. Messiah himself would suffer from the same apostasy and sin that he met with when he was born into that sinful nation.

Those who saw that Jesus had been raised from the dead, or who heard that it had happened, recognized that there was not only hope for themselves in their own sins, but also a basis for Israel's restoration. If the dead could rise, then Christ could raise anybody else he chooses to have mercy on.

Those who therefore looked upon Jesus as Messiah and Son of God recognized that only Deity could rise from the dead and impart that grace upon those who repent and believe. Those who reject Jesus as God, insisting on seeing him only as a man, have no basis for recovery. The Law has failed. And judgment has come upon Israel without hope.

Hi Randy how have you been?

I wasn't assuming that at all I was saying only as a man, my point was that they didn't realize that the Messiah was also God

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I’m not quite sure what you are saying but there is a difference in ethic Israel and spiritual Israel
Spiritual Israel is from God in fact and this is what leads Israel the Servants of God, so apart from Spiritual Israel as the key of all Israel then Carnal Jews are devoid of God in fact.

Christianity is lead by Spiritual Israel in fact, For Christ Jesus is the King of Israel in fact !
When a Christian becomes truly Saved then such a one is worthy of Israel in fact, for as we seen with Nathaniel that Jesus said to him that he was a True Israelite and as to why that was so in fact and what was it that Nathaniel would see in fact !

Reactions: rwb and Marty fox

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Spiritual Israel is from God in fact and this is what leads Israel the Servants of God, so apart from Spiritual Israel as the key of all Israel then Carnal Jews are devoid of God in fact.

Christianity is lead by Spiritual Israel in fact, For Christ Jesus is the King of Israel in fact !
When a Christian becomes truly Saved then such a one is worthy of Israel in fact, for as we seen with Nathaniel that Jesus said to him that he was a True Israelite and as to why that was so in fact and what was it that Nathaniel would see in fact !
Yes I totally agree and that is my belief, even gentile Christians are spiritual Israel

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Davidpt

Dec 6, 2023
East Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They weren't calling on Jesus' blood to cover their sins they were calling for His death because they rejected Him as God and also God the Father Himself when they said that they had no king but Cesar. Read what Jesus Himself said about it below.

While that is true, I already said they didn't even realize that they were actually wishing a blessing in disguise upon them and their children, unless that you want to argue that it is bad thing in general, for His blood to be upon someone. If His blood is not upon you, for instance, then He didn't die for you in that case. It's hard to believe that some Christians can't grasp that we are all responsible for His death. If it wasn't for us sinners He wouldn't have had to die in that manner to begin with.

BTW, just so you know who you conversing with here before you decide to just write me off, you and I have been knowing each other for quite some time now. Both of us were members of BibleForum some years back before it closed down. I for sure remember you and I'm sure you remember me. I went by the username divaD, that is David spelled backwards, lol. Glad to see you again even if you hate me now.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
While that is true, I already said they didn't even realize that they were actually wishing a blessing in disguise upon them and their children, unless that you want to argue that it is bad thing in general, for His blood to be upon someone. If His blood is not upon you, for instance, then He didn't die for you in that case. It's hard to believe that some Christians can't grasp that we are all responsible for His death. If it wasn't for us sinners He wouldn't have had to die in that manner to begin with.

BTW, just so you know who you conversing with here before you decide to just write me off, you and I have been knowing each other for quite some time now. Both of us were members of BibleForum some years back before it closed down. I for sure remember you and I'm sure you remember me. I went by the username divaD, that is David spelled backwards, lol. Glad to see you again even if you hate me now.
Well how are you Dave?

Of course I remember you and I could never hate you Lol even though you were frustrating at times I always respectEd you

Now of course we are all responsible for Jesus death there is a difference in being responsible because of sin and actually rejecting Him and calling for His death. Now of course they could repent and be saved but when they shouted for His death to be on them and their children they weren’t calling for His blood to cleanse them but for the responsibility of His death to be on them.

The verse I provided proved what the result of their statement was and they were judged for it with the destruction of the temple and the city

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In the Name of the Lord Yeshua you are delivered unto Satan. The Blood of the Lord Yeshua against you! And so is anyone who deletes this message.

DeWayne, this type of cursing other members is not becoming of you or this forum.

You may not like the manner in which he posts, but that is your issue to deal with. Let God deal kindly with him and bring any correction that is necessary for him.

A prayer like this is often more appropriate.

Dewayne, may the Lord continue to draw you to Himself with His loving embrace so that you will know that you will always be secure in your relationship with God and that God will draw you into a deeper relationship with Him. May the Lord plant you in His fertile field where you can draw nourishment directly from His words that are just for you.

Shalom