Why did the blind man see men like trees walking when Jesus touched him?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Christ speaking to Israel then and now.

John 8
44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ speaking to Israel then and now.

John 8
44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
No He wasn't! What a TWIST of Scripture!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scribes and Pharisees were and are Israelites.
Jesus was clearly referring to the hypocrites. Not all of Israel! Guess where Jesus will return. It's called ISRAEL on the map.

Last edited:

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus was clearly referring to the hypocrites. No all of Israel! Guess where Jesus will return. It's called ISRAEL on the map.
The scribes and Pharisees of Jesus' day are the orthodox Jews of today.

All rejected and reject Christ.

All were and are antichrists.

All antichrists were and are of their father the devil.

Jesus will not be returning to antichrists.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scribes and Pharisees of Jesus' day are the orthodox Jews of today.
You don't know that. Sounds like you're spewing hatred.
All rejected and reject Christ.

All were and are antichrists.

All antichrists were and are of their father the devil.
ONLY your opinions! MANY Jews believed in Jesus!
Jesus will not be returning to antichrists.
So you don't know where Jesus will return! It's called Israel, the Land of the Bible.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You don't know that. Sounds like you're spewing hatred.

ONLY your opinions! MANY Jews believed in Jesus!

So you don't know where Jesus will return! It's called Israel, the Land of the Bible.
Orthodox Jews who accept Christ forsake their talmudism.

They become Christians, new creations in Christ.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Orthodox Jews who accept Christ forsake their talmudism.

They become Christians, new creations in Christ.
John 11:45
45 Then MANY of the Jews who had come to Mary, and had seen the things Jesus did, believed in Him.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
John 11:45
45 Then MANY of the Jews who had come to Mary, and had seen the things Jesus did, believed in Him.
God does not bless the Israel who continues to reject His Son.

That is by far most of Israel today.

Jesus said they were of their father the devil.

Last edited:

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for the knowledge that God does not amuse with your sarcastic remarks. Grow up. Clearly, you lacks biblical understanding. Mark 8:24 has nothing to do with "blurry vision" or "cancer." That is NOT the point. You missed what Christ is trying to tell us how "HE" sees trees 'AS" men. Nothing to do with the man's 'gradual" vision improvement. Silly!

You are being ridiculous about it. Obviously you have never been around a Healing Ministry or seen a Healing because a lot of healings do not happen instantaneously and that is a fact! Ask me how I know.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Umm... It wasn't that it took two attempts but that the healing process took two steps. The first for the eyes and second for the optic nerve.

Reactions: MA2444

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Umm... It wasn't that it took two attempts but that the healing process took two steps. The first for the eyes and second for the optic nerve.

Yeah. When Jesus healed the 10 Lepers, they were all cured of Leprocy. But a careful reading of it shows, one came back to give thanks and Jesus said, where are the 9?
Then Jesus did the 2nd step for the one who came beck to give thanks, so Jesus Cleansed him. The 9 did not receive cleansing. So while they were cured of the disease, any missing fingers or bodily damage from the disease was not healed so to speak. Just for one man.

Two steps.

TribulationSigns

May 1, 2023
Somewhere west of Mississippi River
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are being ridiculous about it. Obviously you have never been around a Healing Ministry or seen a Healing because a lot of healings do not happen instantaneously and that is a fact! Ask me how I know.

Mar 8:22-25
(22) And he cometh to Bethsaida; and they bring a blind man unto him, and besought him to touch him.
(23) And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw ought.
(24) And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking.
(25) After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly.

No, you guys seem misunderstood regarding the interpretation of Mark 8:22-25. The passage is NOT about the duration or number of steps required for healing, as Christ did restore the man's vision instantly and completely, without any delay. The main point of the passage is to provide spiritual insight by allowing us to see what "God sees men as trees walking!" Selah! This understanding helps us comprehend references to "trees" (as well as grass, sea, etc.) in the Book of Revelation and throughout all of scripture. Therefore, this passage should not be used to determine the timing of healing or interpreted as "healing ministry."

Reactions: MA2444

Deep Truth

Mar 6, 2024
Minnesota
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since the story of the blind man who was touched twice is symbolic for the disciples who needed a second touch of revelation before they could recognize Jesus as their resurrected savior, it is reasonable to assume the blind man who saw men like trees walking could also be prophetic for Israel who is blinded in part for 2,000 years, until they receive a second touch from the Lord so they may believe in Jesus as their risen suffering Messiah, who is our Eternal Tree of Life.

Song of Solomon 2:3 She: As an apple tree among the trees of the forest, so is my beloved (Lord) among the young men. With great delight I sat in his shadow, and his fruit was sweet to my taste.

Zechariah 12:9-10 And on that day I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem. (10) "And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and pleas for mercy, so that, when they look on me, on him whom they have pierced, they shall mourn for him, as one mourns for an only child, and weep bitterly over him, as one weeps over a firstborn (Son of God).

TribulationSigns

May 1, 2023
Somewhere west of Mississippi River
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since the story of the blind man who was touched twice is symbolic for the disciples who needed a second touch of revelation before they could recognize Jesus as their resurrected savior, it is reasonable to assume the blind man who saw men like trees walking could also be prophetic for Israel who is blinded in part for 2,000 years, until they receive a second touch from the Lord so they may believe in Jesus as their risen suffering Messiah, who is our Eternal Tree of Life.

God did not say that. You did. YOu make it up with a "second touch" designed for Jews. Aburd.

Song of Solomon 2:3 She: As an apple tree among the trees of the forest, so is my beloved (Lord) among the young men. With great delight I sat in his shadow, and his fruit was sweet to my taste.

Zechariah 12:9-10 And on that day I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem. (10) "And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and pleas for mercy, so that, when they look on me, on him whom they have pierced, they shall mourn for him, as one mourns for an only child, and weep bitterly over him, as one weeps over a firstborn (Son of God).

Nothing to do with "second touch" You are misapplying Scripture all over.

grafted branch

Dec 11, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Israel being blind in part can have several meanings.

I think most people who have Israel currently still being blind in part consider the part or majority to be unsaved and the rest or remnant to be saved. In this case the blindness differentiates between being saved and unsaved.

Do you think the disciples were unsaved until the “second touch or revelation”? If so what scriptures are you using to support this idea?

Or do you have another interpretation of what blindness in part means?

Deep Truth

Mar 6, 2024
Minnesota
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Israel being blind in part can have several meanings.

I think most people who have Israel currently still being blind in part consider the part or majority to be unsaved and the rest or remnant to be saved. In this case the blindness differentiates between being saved and unsaved.

Do you think the disciples were unsaved until the “second touch or revelation”? If so what scriptures are you using to support this idea?

Or do you have another interpretation of what blindness in part means?
During Jesus ministry, the disciples were blinded in part to Jesus as their suffering messiah since they thought he was their Kingly messiah who would deliver Israel from submission to Rome.

And at this point in time the gospel of salvation had not been revealed and understood by the disciples. So if they were saved or not before Jesus died on the cross, would be a question for God to answer.

However they believed that Jesus was Israel's messiah, the Son of God, and their faith in God is accounted as righteousness. Just as Abraham believed God and was credited with righteousness, even though he had no foreknowledge about Jesus death and resurrection.

In this present day there is a very small remnant of Jews who believe in Jesus, so they are not blind. However the scriptures say one third of partially blinded Israel will be saved when they will call on the name of the Lord at the end of the tribulation. And this is when the blinded Jews will see and understand why Jesus died on the cross for their sins.

Romans 11:25-27 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles be come in. (26) And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: (27) "and this will be my covenant with them when I take away their sins."

Zechariah 13:8-9 In the whole land, declares the LORD, two thirds shall be cut off and perish, and one third shall be left alive. (9) And I will put this third into the fire, and refine them as one refines silver, and test them as gold is tested. They will call upon my name, and I will answer them. I will say, 'They are my people'; and they will say, 'The LORD is my God.'"

Zechariah 12:9-10 And on that day I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem. (10) "And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and pleas for mercy, so that, when they look on me, on him whom they have pierced, they shall mourn for him, as one mourns for an only child, and weep bitterly over him, as one weeps over a firstborn.

God will pour out his spirit on the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and this is when they will recognize and accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior, just as the second touch from the Lord healed the blind man who at first saw men like trees walking.

Isaiah 29:17-19 Is it not yet a very little while until Lebanon shall be turned into a fruitful field, and the fruitful field shall be regarded as a forest? (18) In that day the deaf shall hear the words of a book, and out of their gloom and darkness the eyes of the blind shall see. (19) The meek shall obtain fresh joy in the LORD, and the poor among mankind shall exult in the Holy One of Israel.

John 9:39 Jesus said, "For judgment I came into this world, that those who do not see may see, and those who see may become blind."

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That kinda what i was thinking--doing a little at first for the man to adjust--and then perfecting it. It may have been that a spontaneous going from blindness to sight may have been a difficult change for this man. Jesus took folk where they were at.
To give you an example, and this might be a stupid one(forgive me) but when you have angelfish and you are going to turn on the light in the tank, you must do it dimly at first or you can kill them. First a dim light fr a moment and then the whole light, and they are fine.
I just wonder if the transition might of necessity been in 2 stages for this man.

Reactions: covenantee