The relationship between faith and works.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong again, legalist.

Jesus presents us to God, as blood bought, and God accepts us as washed in the blood.

If you try to present yourself so that God will accept you, you'll die and burn in the lake of fire, as God will not accept you or your filthy rags of self righteousness.
God will never accept YOU based on you "presenting you".
Not ever, Legalist.
Not EVER.

I said, look at how it relates on every level.

If I present a gift to someone so that they might receive it, can they receive it if I do not present it to them?

Likewise, our presenting ourselves to God as a living sacrifice is offering ourselves to Him as a gift.

If I do not present myself to Him as a gift, how is He able to receive the gift? I must present myself to Him for Him to be able to receive me.

If I do not present myself to Him, then I am not offering myself to Him as a gift.

I suppose that God can indeed receive me in such an instance; however He would be taking (in the sense of stealing) rather than receiving my offering as a gift; because if I am not offering myself to Him, His receiving of me would be against my will.

Is that the god you serve?

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So, that is God on our level...
That is not really the biblical reason why God became Man. Unless God the Word took the form of man, He could not fulfil the Law of Moses as a Man, neither could He die for our sins and rise again for our justification (as the last or second Adam).

At the same time, Christ humbled Himself by coming to this earth as Jesus of Nazareth. But He was always -- and at the same time -- sinless Man and fully God.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not really the biblical reason why God became Man. Unless God the Word took the form of man, He could not fulfil the Law of Moses as a Man, neither could He die for our sins and rise again for our justification (as the last or second Adam).

At the same time, Christ humbled Himself by coming to this earth as Jesus of Nazareth. But He was always -- and at the same time -- sinless Man and fully God.
What a humble God you serve.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I said, look at how it relates on every level.
If I present a gift to someone so that they might receive it, can they receive it if I do not present it to them?
Likewise, our presenting ourselves to God as a living sacrifice is offering ourselves to Him as a gift.

God doen not want you to present your life as a gift.
He wants you to live a perfected discipleship of not sinning and confessing and posting about this on a forum.
Understand yet?
Your Life is not a gift to God.
Jesus's Life is God gift to you.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which God do you serve?
A mighty God, not a humble God.

Which one do you serve?

A mighty humble God?

Did this Mighty God humble Himself before his wicked creation?

If so, why?

Guilt?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God doen not want you to present your life as a gift.
He wants you to live a perfected discipleship of not sinning and confessing and posting about this on a forum.
Understand yet?
Your Life is not a gift to God.
Jesus's Life is God gift to you.
And my point was, that God cannot receive my life if I don't present it to Him. If He receives my life when i didn't present it to Him, then He took it (in the sense of stealing or murder); but if I presented it to Him, then I was willing for Him to have it. Because I presented it to Him.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

you should maybe change your screen name to Esau :)

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If Jesus is any indication, it's that God Himself has a meek and lowly nature

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is not humble, but Almighty.

These are polar opposite.

Why should God humble Himself to sinners and devils He created if He is almighty...guilt?

Who thought that up?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is not humble, but Almighty.

These are polar opposite.

Why should God humble Himself to sinners and devils He created if He is almighty...guilt?

Who thought that up?
Are you not Oneness? Do you not believe that Jesus is God?

Jesus humbled Himself to the point of death (Philippians 2:1-11).

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you not Oneness? Do you not believe that Jesus is God?

Jesus humbled Himself to the point of death (Philippians 2:1-11).
I am not modern oneness anymore.

Nor am I trinitarian.

Nor am I unitarian.

I am original, 1st century oneness, which taught the unification of God inside Christ.

They taught, as I do, that Jesus claimed to be God after he resurrected, when he finally received all of his God's power.

The 1st century church agreed with this original doctrine and I do likewise.

Also, God did not humble Himself ever.

The begotten son of God did.

This concept of Phil 2 caused quite an ecclesiastical mess.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus did not only claim to be God after He resurrected.

He claimed to be God before He was crucified (John 8:58, Exodus 3:14, John 8:24). The Pharisees and scribes accurately understood what He was claiming (John 8:59, John 10:31-33).