THE RELIGION BOX

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's man that gets boxed...if we allow ourselves to be....the Enemy likes us to have ridged thinking. In fact, as I think on it...most religions and controlling systems demand boxes. They are and have always been afraid of free thinkers...afraid we may come to the knowledge of The Truth .
People are the ones who like boxes. They want a black and white set of rules so they can "please" God by standing exactly right according to those rules.

Probably most of the natural Israelites in the wilderness usually obeyed the letter of the law [613 rules] as God gave them to Moses. But, how many did they need to disobey to displease God? So they asked for and received atonement [temporarily?] when they broke a rule, but while there was atonement provided for accidental or ignorant disobedience of those laws, the punishment for intentional disobedience was usually death [often by stoning]. They thought they had the rules in a box, but God really did want more from them than the 613 definitely described rules. David clarified what God really wanted here:

"O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.
For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise." Psalm 51:15-17

God has not changed in spite of the differences between that covenant and the one available through Jesus. But, people still want to receive all of the rewards and so try to obey the letter of the rulebook [the Bible] while allowing garbage to dwell in their hearts and even feeding that garbage. If this only spoke of unbelievers, it would be sad, but we know that too many who carry the label of Christian feast sometimes [if not always] on more garbage than on the flesh and blood of Jesus.

We know the result of their failures in the OT. Of the 600,000 men who were led out of the slavery of Egypt, only two made it into the Promised Land.

They could not make it by only following a black and white set of rules and neither can we. We really do need to be able to recognize His voice and to obey it. Many who read the Bible will hear Him as they read, but too many do not... even they are also called Christians

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." Matt 7:21-23

Reactions: mjrhealth and Helen

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Son of Man died on the cross. Jesus Christ is the Son of God and is siting at the right hand of God. Have you not read where it says "flesh and blood will never enter into heaven? Since He is in heaven with the Father He is no longer a flesh and blood man.

Sorry, you are wrong. Jesus is not flesh and blood but He is a Man of flesh and bone. (Luke 24:39) Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have."

A Man is building the Church. A Man sits in the heavens at the right hand of God the Father. That Man is the GodMan Jesus Christ.

Stranger

Reactions: Helen

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, you are wrong. Jesus is not flesh and blood but He is a Man of flesh and bone. (Luke 24:39) Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have."

A Man is building the Church. A Man sits in the heavens at the right hand of God the Father. That Man is the GodMan Jesus Christ.

Stranger
Can flesh and bone walk through a door? Jesus has a glorified body. It is not the body of sinful man.

The scripture tell us that by one man came the curse and that by one man the price was paid to remove the curse. That man died to pay that price.
If, as you say, Jesus is still a man then there was no resurrection where He was given a glorified body and mankind is still condemned by the Law of Moses.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can flesh and bone walk through a door? Jesus has a glorified body. It is not the body of sinful man.

The scripture tell us that by one man came the curse and that by one man the price was paid to remove the curse. That man died to pay that price.
If, as you say, Jesus is still a man then there was no resurrection where He was given a glorified body and mankind is still condemned by the Law of Moses.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are you talking about.? You make no. Sense.

Stranger

Last edited:

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Richard, ok so you are gnostic - just say so

Reactions: bbyrd009

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if you label me as something I am supposed to wear it right? It is just your idea to use against me. The religious have always accused the children of God as being heretical because they can't make them fit in their RELIGION BOX. The RCC burned many of them in the inquisitions. Calvin also had those who disagreed with him put to death. Do you wish to burn me at the stake?

Aspen, I have not tried to assassinate your character so how about showing your love for others.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Richard,

I have no stake in assainating your character. You seem like a kind person. I am having a hard time understanding some of your beliefs and therefore, I guess I am searching for context. As I reread my post, I recognize that it sounded rude. I apologize.

For the record, my understanding of Christian doctrine leans a bit towards Neoplatonism, and I have to reign it back towards Orthodoxy.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Richard,

I have no stake in assainating your character. You seem like a kind person. I am having a hard time understanding some of your beliefs and therefore, I guess I am searching for context. As I reread my post, I recognize that it sounded rude. I apologize.

For the record, my understanding of Christian doctrine leans a bit towards Neoplatonism, and I have to reign it back towards Orthodoxy.

As for my record I have studied the scriptures for over 70 years and I follow no man. I believe in the """IN CHRIST" doctrine. I am a child of God, made one by faith, trust, belief and confidence in what Jesus did for me and the whole world. He atoned for, paid for all the sins of the world when He shed His blood on the cross. That is my context. I am in no ones box.

The religion box is what ""I see"" in this world based on the fact that no one wants to see that it was people of religion that killed and imprisoned the Prophets of old, had Jesus killed, stone Stephen to death and stoned and whipped Paul. I also see what organized religions have done over the past almost 2000 years and I get the feeling that if this wasn't the US I might be killed also.

I accept your apology. Time will tell if it is sincere.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I never said Jesus had a body of a sinful man. Yes, the risen Christ has a glorified body. Just because it is flesh, doesn't make it sinful. You have fallen for the platonic philosophical belief that material is evil and spirit is good.

(Luke 24:39) is clear that the risen Christ is flesh and bones. Thus it was flesh and bone that walked through the door.

Actually, your last paragraph is just backwards. If Jesus Christ is not still a man, then you are lost in your sins. If Jesus Christ ever did decide to lay aside that body of flesh then you as a saved human, are no longer represented in His sacrifice.

Stranger

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus did appear in the midst of His followers, and declared that He was flesh and bone, all I can say! is anything impossible with God. Also remember when the Disciple waited in the desert, and then the Ethiopian came along in the Chariot, they discuses the scroll he was reading, then the Ethiopian asked to be Baptized, and when HE came up from the water the Disciple was gone. Nothing is Impossible with God! YES JESUS HAS A GLORIFIED BODY, how can "WE" place limits on Him!!

Reactions: bbyrd009

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ON THIS EARTH A man IS FLESH, BONE AND BLOOOOOOOD! Prove me wrong!!!!!

When Jesus talked to His Apostles after His ressurrection He presented Himself as flesh and bone (no blood for a reason). Does that mean He is confined to always be a flesh and bone person? I don't think so.

So Jesus is not like a man on this earth. Nor will the children of God be like a man on this earth.

Maybe I got it wrong but a person can't make a flesh and bone Jesus Christ to be a flesh, bone AND BLOOD man.

On this earth life is in the blood. For the children of God life is in the Spirit. I read that Jesus took on the form of a man when He talked with Abraham. Does that mean He is always confined to be in the form of a man? Think!

I have had my say. You all can say what ever you wish it doesn't affect me. I am off this thread.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen. Good word.

There is also another box.
It is the "I am free ,in grace, and bow to no man box"
I fell for that one myself...and found that having no denomination or belonging to any established church and proud of it....was a box in itself!
I think the non-church free people are greater in number than any think. Elijah thought that he alone was "God's true man"
God said- "I have yet been 7000 who have not bowed the knee to Baal". God has always had His hidden non-boxed people.
I have nothing against good worship and a good free church where God's Spirit is in charge and a true word preached.
But, as soon as I get a sniff of " become a church member" .....and .." Let us build ourselves a Tower that reaches heaven... " I am out of there.
At the moment I am anti-religion, anti established church, and one with those who have an ear open , waiting for the Voice of our Lord saying- "It is time, sons of Gods arise ........."
This is the most provocative statement of the whole thread.
Do you not go to a church service on Sunday mornings?

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does yours??

No, the church I attend does not teach "they are the way to heaven", or teaches "do enough works to be saved."
I don't think I've ever attended a church that teaches those heresies.
Don't know what 888 means.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just looked up 888

The triple number 888 is one that's seen as positive and progressive. If you've been seeing this number a lot lately, prepare for a world of abundance and opportunities coming your way in a short while. The number 888 is all about positive changes.

Apparently, it is some kind of numerology thing - an angel number

Sounds like some occult thing

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ON THIS EARTH A man IS FLESH, BONE AND BLOOOOOOOD! Prove me wrong!!!!!

When Jesus talked to His Apostles after His ressurrection He presented Himself as flesh and bone (no blood for a reason). Does that mean He is confined to always be a flesh and bone person? I don't think so.

So Jesus is not like a man on this earth. Nor will the children of God be like a man on this earth.

Maybe I got it wrong but a person can't make a flesh and bone Jesus Christ to be a flesh, bone AND BLOOD man.

On this earth life is in the blood. For the children of God life is in the Spirit. I read that Jesus took on the form of a man when He talked with Abraham. Does that mean He is always confined to be in the form of a man? Think!

I have had my say. You all can say what ever you wish it doesn't affect me. I am off this thread.

Yes, Jesus is confined to be flesh and bone forever. (Ex.21:6), (Ps. 40:6-8), (Heb. 10:5)

Jesus is just like man on earth. He is the GodMan. He is flesh and bone. His blood is gone, for your sake.

On this earth, Jesus walked without blood after the resurrection. And so will all those born of God. Blood is not required after the resurrection.

Yes, Jesus will always be a Man. See again. (Ex. 21:6) "...and he shall serve him for ever".

Stranger