The Religious Mind

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mat 5:10, Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 5:11, Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Mat 5:12, Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Luk 6:22, Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.

2Ti 3:10, But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,
2Ti 3:11, Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.
2Ti 3:12, Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
2Ti 3:13, But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

I quote these scriptures not for my own sake (for I expect that even persecution may result out of them, with the accusation of a persecution complex); but for the sake of others who may be able to see that there is even a blessing in being able to stand for the truth.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
..on forums you will always meet the "holier than thou" types like this......like Jesus said about the poor...'they will always be with us.' ♥︎
Actually, you're wrong there...for us "holier than thou" types are going to be caught up to meet the Lord in the air one day soon...

On that day, I'm certain that you will be among those who rejoice that we are gone.

I will leave you with this thought...that there is a special blessing that will be given to those who read and hear the words of the book of Revelation (Revelation 1:3), which tells us about the fate of those who will be left behind.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm more capable of consoling people when I am there with them in person.

I find that there is an inability to express real compassion adequately over the venue of the internet.

But, @Butterlfy, I am sorry for your loss.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Now I did expect to take some flack over being faithful in the little things...so, @"ByGrace" (Helen), I will pray for you...

Because your calling me a j*rk reflects what is in your heart, also.

It is the same in practicality as saying, "Raca", i.e. "you idiot".

Don't worry, you are not in danger of hell fire...that is reserved for people who say "you fool".

You are only in danger of the council (i.e. the twenty-four elders).

Whatever :rolleyes:
...and all this is because I came to the defence of a grieving person that I saw you nagging and bullying...its amazing how your try to turn the table to make me somehow the offender.

I have not yet seen you humble yourself and apologies , or tell her that you were too quick to making a judgement call upon her.

Reactions: farouk

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whatever :rolleyes:
...and all this is because I came to the defence of a grieving person that I saw you nagging and bullying...its amazing how your try to turn the table to make me somehow the offender.

I have not yet seen you humble yourself and apologies , or tell her that you were too quick to making a judgement call upon her.

Okay now...what I want you to realize is that I didn't see her one day with short hair and then said, I think I'm going to judge her, and just her, personally, by pointing out that she is a sinner to pray or prophesy while having short hair.

(she does have the option of covering her short hair with some kind of garment while praying or prophesying; and consider also that we are all commanded to pray without ceasing in 1 Thessalonians 5:17).

I am simply trying to preach the truth of 1 Corinthians 11:1-16 as Luke 16:10 applies to it.

These verses are there for all to read.

It can only be hardness of heart (or else ignorance of what God's word says on the matter) that would lead a person not to obey them.

Again, I am not judging @Butterfly as the result of seeing her with her short hair (i.e. I did not see her one day and then make a snap judgment concerning her); but I am merely proclaiming what is the Lord's judgment concerning women wearing their hair short (and praying or prophesying) and concerning men wearing their hair long (and praying or prophesying).

(I also did not see that she was in pain and then said, "I think I am going to add affliction to her sorrow."

I am sorry that it is adding to her pain that I am preaching the truth of God's word on this subject.)

These things are in the word; they are the Lord's judgments.

Don't shoot the messenger please.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How much time do you spend with Jesus...people that 'hang out' together become alike....you do not reflect Him at all. You should try spending time with Him and let Him rub off on you a bit.
I spend time with Jesus in His word for approximately three hours every day.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
..on forums you will always meet the "holier than thou" types like this......like Jesus said about the poor...'they will always be with us.' ♥︎
And Jesus also said, Blessed are the poor in spirit; for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not like these things are going to make you lose your salvation.

What I was saying was that if you are going to be in the ministry, these things might disqualify you; because they mean you are unfaithful in that which is least and therefore would be unfaithful in that which is greater.

I am saying that if a person rebels against the Lord in things that are easy to accomplish, how will they obey the Lord in things that are more difficult?

However, these things are peripheral issues, things that don't matter much except that if you are disobedient in them, it says something about where your heart is.

Since they are peripheral, they are not essential to salvation.

Our obedience to them is not based on whether or not we're saved, but rather on how much we love the Lord.

If you are disobedient now, you don't have to be disobedient in the future.

And don't think that I'm trying to put on you some kind of trip. I'm not trying to make you to conform to a culture here.

These are simply things that reflect our love for Jesus (and for women, how much respect they have for their husbands).

Wow! I knew you were arrogant...but this takes the grand prize...you are a bigoted legalist and totally out of order.

View attachment 7729

I'm not certain what it is about my post that makes you think of me as a bigoted legalist (and arrogant).

But I am certain that I am in good company in that I am being called a bigot. Some of the best preachers of the gospel have been called bigots by the homosexual community.