The Religious Mind

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

Butterfly

@Butterfly Anyway following on from the things you mentioned I'll reckon you would probably feel comfortable working at a hairdresser's, or in a Levi's denim store, and maybe even in a tattoo parlor of which I remember Brighton has a good selection.
I would hate working in any of those environments xx

Reactions: Pearl

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hmmm, I dont stand a chance, I have short hair, wear trousers, divorced, have a tattoo
It's not like these things are going to make you lose your salvation.

What I was saying was that if you are going to be in the ministry, these things might disqualify you; because they mean you are unfaithful in that which is least and therefore would be unfaithful in that which is greater.

I am saying that if a person rebels against the Lord in things that are easy to accomplish, how will they obey the Lord in things that are more difficult?

However, these things are peripheral issues, things that don't matter much except that if you are disobedient in them, it says something about where your heart is.

Since they are peripheral, they are not essential to salvation.

Our obedience to them is not based on whether or not we're saved, but rather on how much we love the Lord.

If you are disobedient now, you don't have to be disobedient in the future.

And don't think that I'm trying to put on you some kind of trip. I'm not trying to make you to conform to a culture here.

These are simply things that reflect our love for Jesus (and for women, how much respect they have for their husbands).

B

Butterfly

Justbyfaith - I really wish there was a dislike button for some posts, and as I have said before I am so pleased Jesus is my judge rather than my fellow Christian.
Talk about being discouraging x
Rita

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Justbyfaith - I really wish there was a dislike button for some posts, and as I have said before I am so pleased Jesus is my judge rather than my fellow Christian.
Talk about being discouraging x
Rita
It is not discouraging if you would be willing to grow your hair out...this is not that difficult a thing for you to do.

B

Butterfly

For goodness sake Justbfaith - give it a rest.
- actually that's a bizarre response, you mean I can still wear my trousers, keep my tattoo and your ok with me being divorced.
Right now I think the Lord is more concerned with how I minister to my children, and how as a family we deal with my ex husband being end of life - all happened in the last three weeks. I dont think the length of my hair is very relevant !!
Rita

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For goodness sake Justbfaith - give it a rest.
- actually that's a bizarre response, you mean I can still wear my trousers, keep my tattoo and your ok with me being divorced.
Right now I think the Lord is more concerned with how I minister to my children, and how as a family we deal with my ex husband being end of life - all happened in the last three weeks. I dont think the length of my hair is very relevant !!
Rita
There's not much that you can do about being divorced or having a tattoo; but if the Lord is speaking to you about your trousers then by all means obey Him. It is needful that we obey things out of obedience to Christ and not out of some kind of need to please our neighbor.

If you are married, then the Bible says you are dishonouring your husband if you pray or prophesy with your hair short. If you are unmarried, then what you are dishonouring is God's established order of authority between man and woman.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, the reason for these things given in scripture is that it is "because of the angels" (1 Corinthians 11:10).

This indicates to me that angels know the delineation between male and female primarily by the length of the hair; and that when men wear their hair long or females short, it brings confusion.

(And God is not a God of confusion but of peace).

I noticed at a recent worship service that there was a worship leader who was wearing pants but who had their hair kind of long; and I have to say that I did not know whether they were male or female.

An issue in today's culture is that there is kind of a push towards androgyny; and so I believe that these things do indeed need to be addressed by ministers of the gospel.

Those who are faithful will be faithful in that which is least; even in what seems to be a peripheral issue (but which really does incite an attitude of rebellion in those who want to believe that they are Christian but in all reality do not have any kind of love for the Lord).

B

Butterfly

Seriously , did you read what I shared in my post and all you can do as a fellow believer is convey a lecture rather than show any compassion.
You have your opinions, you have relayed all this before x

Reactions: Helen

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seriously , did you read what I shared in my post and all you can do as a fellow believer is convey a lecture rather than show any compassion.
You have your opinions, you have relayed all this before x
What suffering are you going through that requires compassion?

B

Butterfly

What suffering are you going through that requires compassion?
I mentioned that my ex husband is end of life , now if you dont think this brings suffering to my family and me, then so be it - he is 62years old diagnosed with terminal cancer three weeks ago, it's an aggressive cancer - he is already end of life.
Despite being my ex, he has been a friend for 45 years, and I shared life with him for 30 years, we have four children.
Rita

Reactions: Helen

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Rita,

Is your husband born again?

If he is, then I think that as a born again believer yourself you will be comforted by the Holy Spirit concerning if or when your husband dies before you do.

My wife is 13 1/2 years older than me, so she is almost certain to die before I do.

If your husband is not born again then I think you should make that your first priority with him. Begin by praying for him, and then be senstive to the Holy Spirit as to what you ought to say to him.

If you were still married, I would say to you, just try to win him with your behaviour and without a word.

I believe that if your husband is saved before he dies, that it will make it 1,000 times easier for you to deal with your mourning process; for it will be a certainty that you will see him again: you will not be saying good bye for ever; but only, "I'll see you again in a little while."