The Religious Mind

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Lol - Men always look down at me as I am only 5ft 1inch xx

:D :D Remember how we shrink with aging ?
I USED to be 5'3"...now I am only 5' tall Ive lost 3 inches by 77 ...so be aware what you have to look forward to! LOL

My old mum went on getting shorter...once she said to me... " If I shrink any more I will be able to walk under the table without hitting my head." :D

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think it's more intriguing with identical twins
Rita x

As a small child I could not tell the difference between my dad and my uncle. They were identical... Then as I got a bit bigger if I could smell them I could them tell the difference . D

My uncle used wonderful shaving cream compared to my dads cheaper brand. LOL

Reactions: Butterfly

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's not like these things are going to make you lose your salvation.

What I was saying was that if you are going to be in the ministry, these things might disqualify you; because they mean you are unfaithful in that which is least and therefore would be unfaithful in that which is greater.

I am saying that if a person rebels against the Lord in things that are easy to accomplish, how will they obey the Lord in things that are more difficult?

However, these things are peripheral issues, things that don't matter much except that if you are disobedient in them, it says something about where your heart is.

Since they are peripheral, they are not essential to salvation.

Our obedience to them is not based on whether or not we're saved, but rather on how much we love the Lord.

If you are disobedient now, you don't have to be disobedient in the future.

And don't think that I'm trying to put on you some kind of trip. I'm not trying to make you to conform to a culture here.

These are simply things that reflect our love for Jesus (and for women, how much respect they have for their husbands).

Wow! I knew you were arrogant...but this takes the grand prize...you are a bigoted legalist and totally out of order.

thumbdown[1].gif

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What suffering are you going through that requires compassion?

I don't think you have ANY idea what the word COMPASSION mean, much less having any! You are always so judgemental and condemning.
How much time do you spend with Jesus...people that 'hang out' together become alike....you do not reflect Him at all. You should try spending time with Him and let Him rub off on you a bit. hmm[1].gif

B

Butterfly

Hi Rita,

Is your husband born again?

If he is, then I think that as a born again believer yourself you will be comforted by the Holy Spirit concerning if or when your husband dies before you do.

My wife is 13 1/2 years older than me, so she is almost certain to die before I do.

If your husband is not born again then I think you should make that your first priority with him. Begin by praying for him, and then be senstive to the Holy Spirit as to what you ought to say to him.

If you were still married, I would say to you, just try to win him with your behaviour and without a word.

I believe that if your husband is saved before he dies, that it will make it 1,000 times easier for you to deal with your mourning process; for it will be a certainty that you will see him again: you will not be saying good bye for ever; but only, "I'll see you again in a little while."
Quite an apt thread , this is what I would call a typical religious reply, and a condescending one at that. You presume I need your guidance and cannot think things through for myself.
Rita

Reactions: Helen

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I mentioned that my ex husband is end of life , now if you dont think this brings suffering to my family and me, then so be it - he is 62years old diagnosed with terminal cancer three weeks ago, it's an aggressive cancer - he is already end of life.
Despite being my ex, he has been a friend for 45 years, and I shared life with him for 30 years, we have four children.
Rita
Thanks for this prayer message @Butterfly . Trusting that you will have spiritual opportunities together with the family at this sad and crucial time, (Hebrews 7.25).

Reactions: Helen and Butterfly

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
For goodness sake Justbfaith - give it a rest.
- actually that's a bizarre response, you mean I can still wear my trousers, keep my tattoo and your ok with me being divorced.
Right now I think the Lord is more concerned with how I minister to my children, and how as a family we deal with my ex husband being end of life - all happened in the last three weeks. I dont think the length of my hair is very relevant !!
Rita
@justbyfaith A lot of ppl endure difficulties and suffering that others don't know about; ppl's lives over the course of years can be very complex and involve many heartaches (Isaiah 48.10); a lot of Godly women wear pants; and for a lot of Godly women getting inked is simply a benign, womanly thing to do. I think it's a good idea to pray for Butterfly and her family and move on from what you want to argue about, while continuing to pray.

Reactions: Helen

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think you have ANY idea what the word COMPASSION mean, much less having any! You are always so judgemental and condemning.
How much time do you spend with Jesus...people that 'hang out' together become alike....you do not reflect Him at all. You should try spending time with Him and let Him rub off on you a bit. View attachment 7731
Judge ye not, lest ye be judged...

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't expect that the truth will be received by everyone; after all, Jesus said that the way to life is narrow and few there be that find it.

Which is not to say that 1 Corinthians 11:1-16 is speaking of a salvational issue.

However, people's reaction to it does reveal the condition of their heart as concerning obedience to the little things in God's word; and if you cannot be obedient in the little things, how are you going to be obedient in that which is greater?

It comes down to this question: Do I love Jesus?

If I love Him, I will obey His commandments. Even the ones that seem to be of minor significance.

But if I don't love Him, I will spurn His commandments; especially the ones that seem to be of minor significance (since it is easier to get away with doing so in a culture where we are told that majoring on the minors is a sin).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that the Holy Spirit may be attempting to get to the root of something in some women's hearts...as to what is the root reason why they don't wear their hair long...for there are psychological reasons for this.

Jesus says, I am He who searches the hearts and reins...

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that He wants to bring healing to your heart as concerning something that may have happened to you...

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it's a good idea to pray for Butterfly and her family and move on from what you want to argue about, while continuing to pray.
I'm not really here to argue. If other people want to argue with what I am saying, I believe that my response ought to be according to 2 Timothy 2:25-26.

It does say in 1 Thessalonians 2:2 (kjv) that when the apostles went to Thessalonica to preach, there was much contention from the response of the Thessalonicans.

I believe that the way the apostles responded was to meekly instruct them, knowing that they were opposing themselves.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How much time do you spend with Jesus...people that 'hang out' together become alike....you do not reflect Him at all. You should try spending time with Him and let Him rub off on you a bit. View attachment 7731
I'm certain that Jesus was a Universalist just like you...He believed that everyone was going to heaven and that therefore He didn't really even need to go to the Cross to save us.

I believe that I strive to be non-judgmental and un-condemning...

And therefore if you are offended at my words, it is the Cross that you are offended by.

For while I strive to be non-judgmental and un-condemning, I do not hold back from preaching scriptures that will reveal to the condemned where they stand before God...

I try to abide by the commandment in Romans to live at peace with all men, as much as it lieth in me.

He is saying there to ensue peace...but that if the truth of the gospel makes someone to be at enmity with you, that is not based on you but on the fact that you are being obedient to the gospel.

Psa 120:7, I am for peace: but when I speak, they are for war.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm certain that Jesus was a Universalist just like you...He believed that everyone was going to heaven and that therefore He didn't really even need to go to the Cross to save us.

I believe that I strive to be non-judgmental and un-condemning...

And therefore if you are offended at my words, it is the Cross that you are offended by.

For while I strive to be non-judgmental and un-condemning, I do not hold back from preaching scriptures that will reveal to the condemned where they stand before God...

I try to abide by the commandment in Romans to live at peace with all men, as much as it lieth in me.

He is saying there to ensue peace...but that if the truth of the gospel makes someone to be at enmity with you, that is not based on you but on the fact that you are being obedient to the gospel.

Psa 120:7, I am for peace: but when I speak, they are for war.

Any idea what you sound like...and your sarcasm reflects your heart...so you speak all kind of RELIGIOUS not spiritual junk.

You lord it as over others as if you are the last word on spirituality ...poor you, you are missing the mark by a mile.

@Butterfly
I know your family is in a fragile place right now...and I also know that you are always an overcomer , never down or out for long :) ...this too will pass...
...on forums you will always meet the "holier than thou" types like this......like Jesus said about the poor...'they will always be with us.' ♥︎

Reactions: farouk

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now I did expect to take some flack over being faithful in the little things...so, @"ByGrace" (Helen), I will pray for you...

Because your calling me a j*rk reflects what is in your heart, also.

It is the same in practicality as saying, "Raca", i.e. "you idiot".

Don't worry, you are not in danger of hell fire...that is reserved for people who say "you fool".

You are only in danger of the council (i.e. the twenty-four elders).

Last edited: