The Rest of The Dead

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I once did hold to the Premillennial view, but as I studied His word more closely, I am convicted and convinced that the Amillennial view is THE only truth of what the thousand years is all about.

The only biblical reference that we have is 2 Peter 3:8-9, and if you look closely at verse 9, the thousand years is connected to His Salvation, which went out into the world on the Day of Pentecost.

A thousand years is just another way saying "for a very long time", because as you know, Jesus does NOT know the time of His return. However, He does know the cause of His return. Luke 18:8

AMEN

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correction to what I previously said:
"Jesus hung on the cross, while is heart pumped out His blood through His hands, and His feet, and then His physical body died."

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Not quite! When His Blood was poured out, His flesh was no longer recieving mortal life from the Oxygen in His blood.
Therefore, He became no longer "a living soul" of "flesh and blood".

"I have POWER : TO lay down My Life" the same "POWER I have TO take up My LifE".

Jesus did not die due to <His flesh was no longer recieving mortal life from the Oxygen in His blood>.

He died GIVING 'My spirit (breath-of-life) into your hands, o My Father".

That's WHY Jesus died, because HE GAVE his life "a ransom for many". No necessity or need of red-blood cells carrying in them the life of the mortal soul caused, Jesus to die.

Jesus' death was no inevitability. "O Thou Afflicted and not comforted ... the Arm of the LORD .. despised and rejected ... HE bare the sin of many and made intercession for the transgressors ... because HE hath POURED OUT HIS SOUL unto Death" (his <<living soul of flesh and blood>>) -- "THE LORD OF HOSTS, THY REDEEMER THE HOLY ONE OF ISRAEL, IS HIS NAME, THE GOD OF THE WHOLE EARTH, shall He be called!"

Jesus the Son of Man made atonement for sin as God the Son of God. This prophesy says so. He spilled no blood like a mortal animal sacrifice would. Jesus having died the death of death proved the prophesy as well as the reality of his DIVINE DEATH. Only His Divine Death could be the reason, power and cause of His Divine Resurrection. The Roman Catholic church REDUCED Jesus' death to that of a mere mortal. So have the SDA. So every church I know of. But not the Scriptures!

Christiaan Gerhardus Ebersöhn 1 hr ·
Jesus not only has been the only one who never sinned; He is the only God-Man there ever has been and ever will be.

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. "I have POWER : TO lay down My Life" the same "POWER I have TO take up My LifE".
The Father gave Him that authority.

2. Jesus did not die due to <His flesh was no longer recieving mortal life from the Oxygen in His blood>.

3. He died GIVING 'My spirit (breath-of-life) into your hands, o My Father".

4a. That's WHY Jesus died, because HE GAVE his life "a ransom for many".
4b. No necessity or need of red-blood cells carrying in them the life of the mortal soul caused, Jesus to die.

5. Jesus' death was no inevitability; it was God's Eternal Purpose and Plan and Will and Pleasure.
1. Yes! Only He had power over His life, death and the resurrection of Himself! No man was going to take His Life from Him.
2. Yes, He did! He allowed His death to come.
3. Correct. Because He stopped breathing in death, the lack of Oxygen, with no beating heart to move the blood, life to His flesh in that way would not come to Him again.
4a. That was God's plan, and Jesus allowed Himself to be obedient to it. We see that in His prayer, in the garden of Gethsemane, of HIs will to live, but He submitted Himself to the will of His Father.
4b. It most surely did. He was DEAD for 3 days.
5. I agree, because He was willingly obedient.