The Rest of The Dead

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, it is not that those who say Jesus is here, are right or wrong, making those who deny that He is here yet right or wrong. But rather that each speaks for himself according to what is true in "his own order."
That is my point! I don't deny either, but you do, and that is the problem, that i am confronting you with.
Unfortunately, you still prefer to deny His Immortality of His PHYSICAL Ascension.

It wasn't that He disappeared into the likeness of vapor or a spirit, but rather a cloud in the sky rendered their view of Him to become blocked.

Whatever the distance of that cloud was from the earth, that they were standing on, it does NOT matter if He was 20 feet off the ground or 2000 feet, He would've been physically in the AIR!!
Acts 1[9] And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

YES! They watched Him physically Ascend, until a cloud obscurred their vision!!
Do you not see/percieve the similarity of the
"like manner" of His Return?

Please see 1 Thessalonians 4[17] Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
That is my point! I don't deny either, but you do, and that is the problem, that i am confronting you with.
Unfortunately, you still prefer to deny His Immortality of His PHYSICAL Ascension.

It wasn't that He disappeared into the likeness of vapor or a spirit, but rather a cloud in the sky rendered their view of Him to become blocked.

Whatever the distance of that cloud was from the earth, that they were standing on, it does NOT matter if He was 20 feet off the ground or 2000 feet, He would've been physically in the AIR!!
Acts 1[9] And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

YES! They watched Him physically Ascend, until a cloud obscurred their vision!!
Do you not see/percieve the similarity of the
"like manner" of His Return?

Please see 1 Thessalonians 4[17] Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

I believe you are correct about the <<Immortality of His PHYSICAL Ascension>> and physical Coming Again in a <<cloud in the air>> be it of water or angels. He will "COME IN THE FLESH".

But I believe you have it wrong in comparing the cloud the saved are ON EARTH "caught up in", with the cloud the Lord returns with "in the air"!

It is the Lord who comes in the air while the redeemed on earth are caught up in one huge cloud of resurrected people to meet Him at his Coming Again.

We pray, "Come Lord Jesus, come", not take us away!

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe you are correct about the <<Immortality of His PHYSICAL Ascension>> and physical Coming Again in a <<cloud in the air>> be it of vapor or angels. He will "COME IN THE FLESH".

But I believe you have it wrong in comparing the cloud the saved are ON EARTH "caught up in", with the cloud the Lord returns with "in the air"!

It is the Lord who comes in the air while the redeemed on earth are caught up in one huge cloud of resurrected people to meet Him at his Coming Again.

Lest you forget, "we who are alive and remain" shall be instantly "changed" into the likeness of His Immortality and BE CAUGHT UP...."

However in that same moment, simultaneously, all who do not know God, and do not obey [believe] the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ, shall be BURNT TO A CRISP, and there shall be NO ESCAPEES running free to "repopulate the earth", via their "flesh and blood" bodies!
Did you forget also, that "flesh and blood" cannot inherit the KoG?

For whatever you believe, of that which tells you differently, please know that you are being lied to!!
KJV 2 Thessalonians 1:7:10
KJV 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18

I trust that you ARE comforted by these words of scripture!
If not, then the controversy lies within you, being most likely due to an error that has been fed to you.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where in scripture does it says "one must care for the Jews"?
In that day, Jesus will judge the nations for whether or not they cared for His brothers.

This is Matthew 25:32 to the end of the chapter.

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Not take us away" ???
GE, might i remind you, that you are to have the mindset of the following:
2 Peter 3[10] But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
[11] Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
[12] Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
[13] Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

So my question is, are you attempting to escape and hide out, or are YOU HASTING unto the Day of God, ready to be changed/resurrected into His Likeness?

Reactions: Nancy

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In that day, Jesus will judge the nations for whether or not they cared for His brothers.

This is Matthew 25:32 to the end of the chapter.

Much love!
Jews that do not believe in Jesus, are not His brothers. ONLY born again Christians of faith, are His brothers!
Don't be confused, nor should live in fear over Matthew 25, 45.
All it means is: we are to do good to ALL men, and by happen chance, you will do good to even "these the least of my brethren", who are of faith in Jesus, though their lives do not produce much fruit.

Reactions: GerhardEbersoehn

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
It sure is "of the flesh", His NEW Resurrected flesh, which is "flesh and BONE" , and NOT that of "flesh and blood". You still prefer to ignore His very own words!!
Of course "the world sees me no more", He is at the Right Hand of the Father, still with the ability to be flesh and bone, upon His Glorious and Fiery return.

Earburner still simmering deep under the ashes of his combusted brain-tissue of blood-and-brain-tissue God once upon a time had created him with. 'F-l-e-s-h', dear Earcreeper, consists of i.a. muscle-tissue and its blood(-tissue) or bone consisting of ossified carbon tissue called bone and its blood(-tissue).

It was a sorry day theologians started thinking they're anatomists and physiologists as well.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Lest you forget, "we who are alive and remain" shall be instantly "changed" into the likeness of His Immortality and BE CAUGHT UP...."

How? Through being resurrected from the dead by his Appearance at his 'Second Coming'. Like "the God of Peace brought our Lord Jesus up from the dead again by / through the BLOOD of the Everlasting Covenant". Hebrews 13:20. Christ rose "having seen NO corruption in death" both in having suffered the dying of death and in having rested the sleep of the Righteous in death. BY NOT SO MUCH AS HAVING LOST ONE DROP OF BLOOD-FLESH or blood-tissue of his "PERFECTION" wherein He died and to which God shall raise the saved, verse 21.

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the Sheep and Goats judgment, not happening in the way it says?
Correct! The separation has been going on since Pentecost. For every person who has repented towards God, and has put their faith in Jesus as their only Savior, they are born again of God by His Holy Spirit, and are sealed/saved by the Same unto the Day of Redemption. Quite literally, they are separated unto God.
Through belief or unbelief, one is either "not condemned", or remains "condemned already", concerning John 3:18.

Jesus Himself IS God the Father's Judgment. Thats why Jesus could say: For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them.
Luke 9:56

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How? Through being resurrected from the dead by his Appearance at his 'Second Coming'. Like "the God of Peace brought our Lord Jesus up from the dead again by / through the BLOOD of the Everlasting Covenant". Hebrews 13:20. Christ rose "having seen NO corruption in death" both in having suffered the dying of death and in having rested the sleep of the Righteous in death. BY NOT SO MUCH AS HAVING LOST ONE DROP OF BLOOD-FLESH or blood-tissue of his "PERFECTION" wherein He died and to which God shall raise the saved, verse 21.
GE, I think that you are confused.
Leviticus 17[11] For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

Hebrews 9[22] And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

"Flesh and blood cannot inherit the KoG", but "flesh and bone" DID.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct! The separation has been going on since Pentecost. For every person who has repented towards God, and has put their faith in Jesus as their only Savior, they are born again of God by His Holy Spirit, and are sealed/saved by the Same unto the Day of Redemption. Quite literally, they are separated unto God.
Through belief or unbelief, one is either "not condemned", or remains "condemned already", concerning John 3:18.

Jesus Himself IS God the Father's Judgment. Thats why Jesus could say: For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them.
Luke 9:56
OK, that goes towards how we read it.

I read it as a narrative prophecy.

Let me ask you . . . If, just, IF,

God wanted to tell us that there would be a day coming when heaven would open, and Jesus would bodily come from heaven to earth, and that He would gather first the Israelites, and then gather the gentile nations for judgment, how would He say that, do you suppose?

Much love!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Earburner still simmering deep under the ashes of his combusted brain-tissue of blood-and-brain-tissue God once upon a time had created him with. 'F-l-e-s-h', dear Earcreeper, consists of i.a. muscle-tissue and its blood(-tissue) or bone consisting of ossified carbon tissue called bone and its blood(-tissue).

It was a sorry day theologians started thinking they're anatomists and physiologists as well.
God the Son revealed to us, that He was resurrected with "flesh and bone", and clearly identified Himself as not a spirit.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, that goes towards how we read it.

I read it as a narrative prophecy.

Let me ask you . . . If, just, IF,

God wanted to tell us that there would be a day coming when heaven would open, and Jesus would bodily come from heaven to earth, and that He would gather first the Israelites, and then gather the gentile nations for judgment, how would He say that, do you suppose?
Much love!
He would say it like this: John 3:18 applies in the following way:
2 Thessalonians 1:7 when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, [8] In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey [believe] not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
[10] When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.
2 Thessalonians 1:10

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Thessalonians 1:7 when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, [8] In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey [believe] not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
[10] When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

1 Thessalonians 5:8-9 KJV
[8] But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. [9] For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

Tecarta Bible

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A simple description doesn't do it?

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Thessalonians 5:8-9 KJV
[8] But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. [9] For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
Tecarta Bible
If you are extending upon my post, you missed what I referenced. I think I have expounded upon it many, many times, but I will show it again.
WHEN the Lord Jesus is revealed from Heaven WITH His mighty angels, the unsaved will be burnt to a crisp by His VISIBLE presence in flaming fire,
WHEN he shall come to be glorified in ALL his saints...
The key word here is "when".
WHEN
He is revealed from Heaven, two events happen simultaneously.
The unsaved are destroyed, while the Saints are resurrected/redeemed.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are extending upon my post, you missed what I referenced. I think I have expounded upon it many, many times, but I will show it again.
WHEN the Lord Jesus is revealed from Heaven WITH His mighty angels, the unsaved will be burnt to a crisp by His VISIBLE presence in flaming fire,
WHEN he shall come to be glorified in ALL his saints...
The key word here is "when".
WHEN
He is revealed from Heaven, two events happen simultaneously.
The unsaved are destroyed, while the Saints are resurrected/redeemed.
My text doesn’t say visible,
Do you believe this is before or after the 1000 year reign?