The Resurrected Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The only way to check the truth of what pia says is to compare it with Scripture. If it doesn't agree with Scripture, then pia, OzSpen and all other messages need to be rejected as untruthful.
Yes the Holy Spirit it wrong, God is wrong, Jesus is wrong, a book written by man is right, even the bible says,

1Co 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
1Co 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
1Co 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

1Co_12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

And so we see teh bible again raised up as an idol before God, The bible is supposed to agree with God not God teh bible.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I love how you can always put a big smile on my face......Bless you !..........I have had 3 decades to grow a slightly thicker skin lol....... I actually hurt for them. Both because of what they are missing out on and the fact that they do not even consider that it is actually Jesus they are rejecting, as my oldest daughter once came out of her bed one morning saying to me....That morning before she got up I had been up for a couple of hours and had prayed to the Lord about this issue, and she could have had no knowledge of that....While still rubbing the sleep out of her eyes she simply said :" Mum, Jesus wants you to know that it is not you they are rejecting, but Him.".........I must have been in a pretty upset state, or He would have been able to get that through to me, instead of using my daughter.
Your last sentence made me think, yes but Christians are not supposed to be swine ( unclean ) lol
Bless you Helen and praise our wonderful Councillor and friend always.......:)
Did you just say that if I don't believe YOUR EXPERIENCE,
I'm rejecting Jesus?

Who you?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I know of a woman over by Florence way that sees Mary on a regular basis.
Should I go there and listen to HER??
After all, she's had such a great experience!
Well that is for you to decide, but still you miss out on teh best things of God, Jesus didnt just die for our sins, gave us so much more, can He help it people would rather have church than Him

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If it is there, please direct me to the Scriptures that support such teaching.

Mar 6:10 And he said unto them, In what place soever ye enter into an house, there abide till ye depart from that place.
Mar 6:11 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

Is that not clear enough

even in the OT

1Sa 8:7 And the LORD said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.

Reactions: pia

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Well that is for you to decide, but still you miss out on teh best things of God, Jesus didnt just die for our sins, gave us so much more, can He help it people would rather have church than Him
Do you know what happens to people when they ASSUME?

And YOU sure do a lot of it.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you know what happens to people when they ASSUME?

And YOU sure do a lot of it.
Something to do with Asses, but than when i was a young Christian, I assumed that everyone wanted Jesus, than i discovered it is just a charade, people putting on there best faces to be seeing to be doing. Once He showed me, that the people, want the music, the singing the entertainment, they just dont want Me. Do you know ehy Jesus choose those vessels to change teh water into wine, it was because they where vessels prepared for God and they where empty, Jesus has so much trouble finding empty vessels.

Joh 2:6 And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece.

Enjoy church i am sure you will.

Reactions: pia

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep true..we can indeed just 'move on', but it doesn't detract from the experience.

I have just said in some other thread... personally I believe that people reject it through fear.
Fear of being deceived,
fear of moving outside their ' non experience' comfort zones.
Fear about anything that they themselves have not experienced.

I few years ago I heard a man tell how he had (in what he thought was a dream) been transported to the valley of dry bones.
God spoke things to him while he was there...he walked through the bones..and did what Ezekiel did spoke to the dry bones and commanded them to live.
He felt in his heart that God told him to do that for The Church of today...which is far from alive and vibrant...(except for the prosperity ministers that you showed on that video :D)

Before he left there and returned to 'his dreaming' he bent down and picked up a white feather. In the morning he did actually feel like he had been in that valley in the spiritual 'reality'. When he woke up he took up his bible to read that passage...and he found the same white feather in his bible..it was laying right there between the pages of Ezekiel 37. In the story of the dry bones.

Okay..I heard
that man experience, I had the choice of rejecting his experience and saying that he was totally deceived , or as many seem to to say- " Prove it, Show me and justify that in a scripture from the bible."

I did neither. God is quite able to do what He likes and with whom He likes, in this day and age. Who and I to say otherwise.
I just listened to his experience and thanked him for passing on his experience.

It was outside of anything I had every heard or experienced myself. But, my fear was NOT in- " Oh dear this is not typical or scriptural, so it must be of some false evil spirit." But I felt just the opposite..I would never dream of throwing out something that God may have well been doing in someone else's life!!
If God's fingerprints were on that, who the heck was I tell tell that man that it was not true , or that he had been deceived!
Those kind of things I 'hide away in my heart'...

In these instances all we can do is like Mary did! ponder them and wait.

Reactions: Helen