The Revelation of Jesus Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Evangelical Doubter

Mar 27, 2009
Christina said:
Sorry doubter I agree with Sammy here
we could not study all prophecy before this generation the book was closed by God until the last days. So even though some was indeed studied If God had the
vital information closed until this last generation little of it can be depended on as right ...without being weighed against the new information that's come to be understood ...
Dan 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, [even] to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

So you are saying that we cannot understand Daniel or Revelations because the books were closed? I got to be missing something here though I got no idea what it is?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
No it doesnt exactly mean that of course we could understand parts of them but the Bible is like a perfect jiggsaw puzzle if God hid the last few piecies we needed to finish the picture so we could not clearly see it then we wouldnt have seen them until he intended.

For example: You can read something a hundred times but until you read the right key verse that unlocks it in your mind you will not see it ...All wisdom comes from God the bible is full of mysteries and secrets.

The fact is until this generation the last generation no other generation needed to know these things in detail.

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
Joel
2:23 Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month.

2:28-31 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out My spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out My spirit. And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke. The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the LORD come.
  • Those that are the spiritual Zion are receiving the "latter rain," now. They are the very elect, man child, Zadok. Soon I believe His spirit will be "poured on all flesh." Will all flesh hear and see?

Adstar

Sep 17, 2009
samy said:
In my reading of the book I understand that the Lord Jesus is speaking to John, to speak to all His churches about His coming in the day of the Lord www.expressright.com/day.aspx I do not "spiritualize" the passages of this book, I honor the various means of communication employed by God. The guiding hermaneutic is, "when the plain sense makes sense, seek no other sense!" When we see a dragon with seven heads and ten horns we should probably be asking, "what does the Lord mean here?" samy

Yes i agree.

Too many try to use symbolism to given them freedom to interpret scripture in many varied and incredible ways. They turn clear and simple statements revealing one thing and use their interpretations of symbols to deliver a message that is in opposition to the clear and simple statement.

Of course there are Symbolic passages in the Book of Revelation. But seeking to interpret the entire book of Revelation using Symbolic interpretation is a path to nowhere.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well the problem is everyone attempts to construct a system for how the Bible should be interpreted. Some say it should be literally, others will say spiritually. The Bible should be interpreted with discernment. The variable in the equation is the Holy Spirit. The Bible almost always speaks on multiple levels; if it was a matter of asserting this or that system or this or that broad statement on how to see things, then we would not have the diversions and disagreements that we do.

Revelation 1:3 said:
Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

The key to understanding Revelation is contained within that verse.