The Rise of Individualism in the Church: Both Liberal and Conservative

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
JB_ said:
Tell me Selene.

"If a man says something in the forest, and there is no woman there to hear it, ...is he still wrong?"
That depends on what he says. If he says something like "the moon is made of green cheese," then he's wrong. And the one who would know that is God because He is present everywhere. :D

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
Selene said:
That depends on what he says. If he says something like "the moon is made of green cheese," then he's wrong. And the one who would know that is God because He is present everywhere. :D
LOL! Priceless. Confirmation soon! :lol: :lol: :lol:

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
Selene said:
Abraham had many sons, (See Genesis 25:1-6), but none of these sons were chosen by God.....not even Ishmael who was Abraham's first born. It was through Isaac's line that the Davidic Kingdom was to come. God made a covenant with Abraham and promised him that he would have many descendants. God kept His promise, but only ONE of Abraham's descendants became the chosen people of God. God did not make ALL of Abraham's descendants His chosen people.

Issac then had two sons, but God's chosen one was Jacob, who was a liar and a cheater. God did not choose Essau. So, although Essau was a Hebrew and son of Issac and a descendant of Abraham, Essau's descendants were not God's chosen people.

Jacob then had 12 sons. Of the 12, it was Joseph who was sold by his brothers into Egypt. Later, Joseph allowed his father Jacob and 11 other brothers to stay in Egypt. It was the descendants of Jacob that became God's chosen people.....and these descendants were slaves in Egypt.
LOL! I started reading this and you lead with this statement and I thought it was the beginning of a popular Sunday School song. Now I got that song stuck in my head, you rascal!

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
This Vale Of Tears said:
LOL! I started reading this and you lead with this statement and I thought it was the beginning of a popular Sunday School song. Now I got that song stuck in my head, you rascal!
I thought of that song, too. :lol: