The Sacrifice of Jesus.....revisited

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Deuteronomy 9:10 And the LORD delivered unto me two tables of stone written with the finger of God; and on them was written according to all the words, which the LORD spake with you in the mount out of the midst of the fire in the day of the assembly.
Exodus 31:18 And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.
Psalm 25:10 All the paths of the Lord are mercy and truth unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies.

Daniel,
You dont seem to be aware of the fact that there is a NEW Testament and a NEW Covenant.
Once you discover this, if that ever happens, then you'll understand what Jesus is doing for you, on The Cross.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Jesus said his blood is real food, and blood real drink.

You'd think Jesus would have corrected the 72 who were offended by him telling them to eat his flesh and drink his blood if there were a misunderstanding. But it wasn't a misunderstanding, it was unbelief.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

You'd think Jesus would have corrected the 72 who were offended by him telling them to eat his flesh and drink his blood if there were a misunderstanding. But it wasn't a misunderstanding, it was unbelief.

Jesus also is the Bread of Heaven, Come down.
So, do you think that means he was Wheat, at one time?

Listen...

If Jesus's literal blood and flesh was literally what He meant, then He would have cut his wrists during the last Supper and drained His blood into the CUP.. and also cut a piece of His body off, and handed to all the Apostles to eat.
See that?
Crazy Huh?
That is just as crazy as not understanding this....= a person has to understand that the word of God....Often Jesus speaking it.....is SYMBOLIC, ALLEGORICAL, and sometimes literal.

Jesus said to take Communion in REMEMBRANCE of Him........= that is SYMBOLIC.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Malachi 3:6 For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

God never changes.....>"Jesus the same , yesterday, today, and forever".

However, God changes His dealing with man.
I'll prove it to you.
There is an Old Testament, and there is now a New Testament. Do you see that change, Daniel, or are you too programmed to be able to think??

There is Moses Law, and now there is "you are not under the Law, but under Grace".

See that DANIEL?
That is God changing Covenants.....from the OLD to the NEW.

Wake up.

Daniel L.

Feb 25, 2022
Lisboa
Faith
Christian
Country
Portugal

-Physical carnal red blood is not "drink indeed":

Deuteronomy 12:23 Only be sure that thou eat not the blood: for the blood is the life; and thou mayest not eat the life with the flesh.

-Physical carnal flesh is not "food indeed":

Genesis 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

-You want flesh?

Numbers 11:18 And say thou unto the people, Sanctify yourselves against to morrow, and ye shall eat flesh: for ye have wept in the ears of the Lord, saying, Who shall give us flesh to eat? for it was well with us in Egypt: therefore the Lord will give you flesh, and ye shall eat.
19 Ye shall not eat one day, nor two days, nor five days, neither ten days, nor twenty days;
20 But even a whole month, until it come out at your nostrils, and it be loathsome unto you: because that ye have despised the Lord which is among you, and have wept before him, saying, Why came we forth out of Egypt?
33 And while the flesh was yet between their teeth, ere it was chewed, the wrath of the Lord was kindled against the people, and the Lord smote the people with a very great plague.
34 And he called the name of that place Kibrothhattaavah: because there they buried the people that lusted.

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Reactions: bbyrd009

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Don't you mean "His 'flesh' is real food," Boss? You don't mind if I call you Boss, do you? Or maybe you'd prefer Sheriff? - lol ;):D

Reactions: Rita

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus also is the Bread of Heaven, Come down.
So, do you think that means he was Wheat, at one time?

Listen...

If Jesus's literal blood and flesh was literally what He meant, then He would have cut his wrists during the last Supper and drained His blood into the CUP.. and also cut a piece of His body off, and handed to all the Apostles to eat.
See that?
Crazy Huh?
That is just as crazy as not understanding this....= a person has to understand that the word of God....Often Jesus speaking it.....is SYMBOLIC, ALLEGORICAL, and sometimes literal.

Jesus said to take Communion in REMEMBRANCE of Him........= that is SYMBOLIC.
You're gonna fool around and make me -like- one of your posts. :D:p

Reactions: amadeus

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
-Physical carnal red blood is not "drink indeed":

Deuteronomy 12:23 Only be sure that thou eat not the blood: for the blood is the life; and thou mayest not eat the life with the flesh.

-Physical carnal flesh is not "food indeed":

Genesis 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

-You want flesh?

Numbers 11:18 And say thou unto the people, Sanctify yourselves against to morrow, and ye shall eat flesh: for ye have wept in the ears of the Lord, saying, Who shall give us flesh to eat? for it was well with us in Egypt: therefore the Lord will give you flesh, and ye shall eat.
19 Ye shall not eat one day, nor two days, nor five days, neither ten days, nor twenty days;
20 But even a whole month, until it come out at your nostrils, and it be loathsome unto you: because that ye have despised the Lord which is among you, and have wept before him, saying, Why came we forth out of Egypt?
33 And while the flesh was yet between their teeth, ere it was chewed, the wrath of the Lord was kindled against the people, and the Lord smote the people with a very great plague.
34 And he called the name of that place Kibrothhattaavah: because there they buried the people that lusted.

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
”i’ll take the milk” :)

Reactions: BarneyFife

Daniel L.

Feb 25, 2022
Lisboa
Faith
Christian
Country
Portugal
His character does not change.

If His character does not change, then His law does not change, because the Law comes from Him and is His Word, the Way:

1 Peter 1:16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

Baruch 4:1 This is the book of the commandments of God, and the law that endureth for ever: all they that keep it shall come to life; but such as leave it shall die.

Levi is not Melchizedek

Of course not, the Levites are under Melchizedek, they corrupted the covenant of Levi, the order of Melchizedek is incorruptible, and will not change, that is why He sent His prophets to warn the people the Levites were corrupted, which was the verse I quoted.

-Melchizedek is the First Priest and both King of Righteousness and King of Peace:

Hebrews 7:2 To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;
3 Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.

-And Messiah is the Last Priest and both King of Righteousness and King of Peace, and they are One in the same, because Melchizadech is a Priest "continually", so you can't have Melchizadek ceasing to be priest, nor can you have two priests:

Revelation 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Melchizedek was Priest before there were any tribes, before Abraham, so Messiah does not have to be Levite in order for Him to be Priest after the order of Melchizedek, when there were no tribes:

John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If His character does not change, then His law does not change, because the Law comes from Him and is His Word, the Way:

1 Peter 1:16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

Baruch 4:1 This is the book of the commandments of God, and the law that endureth for ever: all they that keep it shall come to life; but such as leave it shall die.

Of course not, the Levites are under Melchizedek, they corrupted the covenant of Levi, the order of Melchizedek is incorruptible, and will not change, that is why He sent His prophets to warn the people the Levites were corrupted, which was the verse I quoted.

-Melchizedek is the First Priest and both King of Righteousness and King of Peace:

Hebrews 7:2 To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;
3 Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.

-And Messiah is the Last Priest and both King of Righteousness and King of Peace, and they are One in the same, because Melchizadech is a Priest "continually", so you can't have Melchizadek ceasing to be priest, nor can you have two priests:

Revelation 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Melchizedek was Priest before there were any tribes, before Abraham, so Messiah does not have to be Levite in order for Him to be Priest after the order of Melchizedek, when there were no tribes:

John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
You're just being evasive. There is no discussion here. You refuse to reconcile paradoxical texts. You cherry pick instead. Let me know when you want to talk with people and not at them. :)

Again, Welcome aboard.

Reactions: bbyrd009

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"

Valid Christian baptism requires the flowing water over the forehead three times.

wanna guess why?

cos
First:

I baptize you in the name of the father

second:

and of the son

third:

and of the Holy Spirit!

and a sacrament is an outward sign
Which is a gift from God to help our little minds see what he does inwardly and invisibly by his grace!

As grace Washes our souls in the merits of Jesus blood from original and personal sin, so the outward action of washing is visible!

without the outward action the inward action cannot take place!

Jn 3:5 Titus 3:5 water and washing
acts 22:16 wash away your sin!