The Sacrifice of Jesus.....revisited

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think there is more to these stories and understanding of the terms used like 'justice' that apportion blame to God....like the flood or Sodom and Gomorrah or the genocide recorded that Israel practised under the instruction of what they believed to be God.
Never trust anyone who begins a response with "I think".....what you "think" may not be what God "thinks"....unless of course you have a direct line to the Father...? The way you speak its like you alone know the truth that no one else does......are you "special" QT? You are always implying this 'special' knowledge that others do not have.....how come?

I will not address this with you now AJ or this reason:- your view of Jesus and his role has severe limitations which you of course do not acknowledge but which in fact shuts the door of your understanding to much that is pertinent thereby disabling your ability to see no further than your theories.
I have 'severe limitations in my view of Jesus'? Who says? What if its you who has "severe limitations" and delusional thinking QT....what then? Is this your own unique beliefs or are they learned from others?

By you own admission you see 'God’s laws in Israel were arbitrary and imposed'. By taking this position you agree with Lucifer. It was this point of view forwarded with a silver tongue by this Angel that was the basis for the rebellion in heaven.
Oh, so you are going to rewrite the Bible narrative to suit what you want to believe now? And that is not a problem.....?
Who else believes this? Do you have a brotherhood who subscribes to this religion of yours, because you are the first one I have ever heard say such things. Did you invent your own religion? Please tell me how you came by this special knowledge....

You interpret the words 'justice and punishment and vengeance through the lens of payback. You cannot see otherwise because your theology does not allow it. You effectually remain imprisoned in your understanding until you can realise that there is another way of seeing these expressions.
I am beginning to see what your own theology allows for, and to be frank, I find it a little disturbing. I can only know the truth if I see things as you do? Hmmmmm...

Again...I have to ask who else see things this way?

Being made in God's image, 'justice' is one of his cardinal qualities, (given to humans) so the recompense for deliberate wrongdoing has to serve our sense of justice.....or don't you believe we have one? Why is there satisfaction in seeing the bad guy get his just desserts?

Why are God's laws filled with penalties and consequences? The punishment always fits the crime and justice is not served with a side order of sentiment. Justice has no sentiment.

But then, these laws are not from God according to you.....how do you know? Would God allow his word to be corrupted?

Keep in mind AJ that Solomon said 'a fool is know by his many words' ...hard to hear? no doubt, yet the truth of the matter stands!
And other fools say things with absolutely no foundation for what they claim....hard to hear?
You see all the faults in others who disagree with you, but never for one moment imagine that you might have it all wrong yourself. You know that there is only one way to find out, don't you?

Let Jesus be the judge...he will let us all know how 'right' or 'wrong' we really are.....I can let him do that...what about you?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Never trust anyone who begins a response with "I think".....what you "think" may not be what God "thinks"....unless of course you have a direct line to the Father...? The way you speak its like you alone know the truth that no one else does......are you "special" QT? You are always implying this 'special' knowledge that others do not have.....how come?
lol...you are funny AJ. You say 'Never trust anyone who begins a response with "I think".....yet you post in your signature, 'What I post is my opinion only.' Does your opinion have anything to do with your thinking???

Am I special you ask? of course...as are you; Jesus died for us....if that aint special I don't know what is....he left the 'ninety nine' to save the one...one fallen lost human race....a race amongst many in God's Universe.

Do I have a direct line to the Father? yes, of course.....am I not his child?...are you not his child?....didn't Jesus pray 'Abba Father' using that term of endearment 'Abba' and wasn't he an example for us?.....didn't Jesus assure us the Father loves us.....or do you have a picture of a God so removed.....a picture that would have Jesus get between us and the Father to shield us from his wrath??

How can you love a God who is fundamentally mad with you and who won't let you talk with him directly??

You mention special knowledge and make a charge towards me in this regard when all along in your posts (many words) you make the same claim thereby shooting yourself in the foot.

AJ, why do I say you have shut the door? ....because you refuse to consider any other possibility than the Watch Tower narrative you defend so vehemently.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brakelite

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The sacrifice of Jesus:-

1...Was it to balance some sort of scales justice/injustice...cosmic or otherwise?
2...Was it because God had a taste for blood?
3...Is 'sacrifice' the right word ...and if so, why?
4...Did Jesus have anything to say about sacrifice....if so, what?

Who has the courage to think outside the square of this delicate subject and still be faithful to the intent of the scriptures?

a late Edit...
5...How is or what has The Kingdom of God to do or connected with sacrifice??
Oh boy.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus forgave sins before he died and when people didn't ask. What do we do with that?
It was this that got the religious folk's nose outta joint.....it threatened their temple economy.
Jesus only forgave sins of those who believed in Him, during His ministry on earth.

He told many of them YIUR FAITH has saved you.

Luk 7:50 And he said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”

Jesus said He came to call sinners unto repentance and warned sinners to repent or perish.

Jesus also said those who reject Him are damned.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus only forgave sins of those who believed in Him, during His ministry on earth.

He told many of them YIUR FAITH has saved you.

Luk 7:50 And he said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”

Jesus said He came to call sinners unto repentance and warned sinners to repent or perish.

Jesus also said those who reject Him are damned.
Could it be that those who make the biggest noises about believing in Jesus are the ones actually rejecting him?
How can this be you might ask?
Men have created their own Jesus’s In their varied theological constructs.....Jesus’s that hijack the language of scripture.... Jesus’s whose semblance is more in line with their own flawed imaginations.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
1. .Jesus is not Yahweh.

2. Death is the cessation of life, not a continuation of it.

3. How can God die?

4. How can mere humans kill God? .

I edited your long post so that i could answer the simple questions.

1.) Jesus is not Yahweh... ??????

A.) Jesus is God manifested in the Flesh.. 1 Timothy 3:16.......and read carefully John 1:10. It tells you that Jesus created the World... Then go to Colossians 1:16, and it teaches you that Jesus created EVERYTHING...... Then go to John 1:1, and read that Jesus is the WORD and the WORD is GOD.

2.).. Death is the cessation of life, not a continuation of it. ..?????

A.) Death is only the body.....not the Spirit.

3.) How can God die. ??

A.) The reason you are confused here, is because you have the misconception that the Body and the Spirit are ONE...And they are not. The Spirit never dies....and that is why it will end up in Heaven or HELL, after the Body dies. See, God sacrificed...Himself "manifested in the FLESH"....See that? That is GOD as a man....Virgin born......So, Jesus, who is God in the FLESH, sacrificed His blood and body.....

3A.) How can God die ??

A.) God can't die. He has no beginning or End......But, you have misunderstood that God is not a BODY, in Heaven......"God is A Spirit".

4.) . How Can mere humans kill God. ????

A.) Again, you do not understand that the body, is the Container, its the EARTH SUIT.. The SPIRIT is Eternal, its only the body that dies.
They dont put your Spirit in the Grace, only your dead Body. Your Spirit leaves the body when it dies, and you go to heaven or hell, based on: "you must be born again".......
So, the Spirit that is in the Body, can't die, but the body will die.
Listen..... When they Crucified GOD, as Christ on the Cross, they killed God's Virgin born BODY.

Do you own a bible? Then you have read the account of the LAST SUPPER?
Jesus said this.....""And He took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my BODY given for you; do this in remembrance of me.”

Notice that Jesus told you that He is about to "give His BODY"......See that? That is the death of God's BODY, on the Cross.
This is now celebrated in "remembrance" as = taking "Communion".

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus did say that to His fellow Jews. He did absolutely identify Himself as God. which is why they wanted Him dead, among other reasons related to ENVY.
He told them, "before Abraham existed, I AM". John 8

See that? Jesus said to them also...in John 10 .. "i and my Father are ONE".....So there is your "Godhead", translated correctly in a "Authorized Version".

Notice carefully, in the OLD Testament, that God and Moses, and a Burning Bush, had a conversation.
God said...."I AM...that .. I AM".... identifying Himself to Moses.
Jesus said this to his "fellow Jews"...."""Before Abraham existed.....I AM"..
Have you ever read Exodus 3:13-15 in the Jewish Tanakh?

"13 And Moses said to God, "Behold I come to the children of Israel, and I say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they say to me, 'What is His name?' what shall I say to them?" יגוַיֹּ֨אמֶר משֶׁ֜ה אֶל־הָֽאֱלֹהִ֗ים הִנֵּ֨ה אָֽנֹכִ֣י בָא֘ אֶל־בְּנֵ֣י יִשְׂרָאֵל֒ וְאָֽמַרְתִּ֣י לָהֶ֔ם אֱלֹהֵ֥י אֲבֽוֹתֵיכֶ֖ם שְׁלָחַ֣נִי אֲלֵיכֶ֑ם וְאָֽמְרוּ־לִ֣י מַה־שְּׁמ֔וֹ מָ֥ה אֹמַ֖ר אֲלֵהֶֽם:

14 God said to Moses, "Ehyeh asher ehyeh (I will be what I will be)," and He said, "So shall you say to the children of Israel, 'Ehyeh (I will be) has sent me to you.'" ידוַיֹּ֤אמֶר אֱלֹהִים֙ אֶל־משֶׁ֔ה אֶֽהְיֶ֖ה אֲשֶׁ֣ר אֶֽהְיֶ֑ה וַיֹּ֗אמֶר כֹּ֤ה תֹאמַר֙ לִבְנֵ֣י יִשְׂרָאֵ֔ל אֶֽהְיֶ֖ה שְׁלָחַ֥נִי אֲלֵיכֶֽם:

15 And God said further to Moses, "So shall you say to the children of Israel, 'The Lord God of your forefathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.' This is My name forever, and this is how I should be mentioned in every generation. טווַיֹּ֩אמֶר֩ ע֨וֹד אֱלֹהִ֜ים אֶל־משֶׁ֗ה כֹּ֣ה תֹאמַר֘ אֶל־בְּנֵ֣י יִשְׂרָאֵל֒ יְהֹוָ֞ה אֱלֹהֵ֣י אֲבֹֽתֵיכֶ֗ם אֱלֹהֵ֨י אַבְרָהָ֜ם אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִצְחָ֛ק וֵֽאלֹהֵ֥י יַֽעֲקֹ֖ב שְׁלָחַ֣נִי אֲלֵיכֶ֑ם זֶה־שְּׁמִ֣י לְעֹלָ֔ם וְזֶ֥ה זִכְרִ֖י לְדֹ֥ר דֹּֽר"

Do you see what the meaning of God's name is in verse 14? It isn't a statement of God's existence (I AM) because Israel already knew who Yahweh was. His name was an expression of his intentions....TO BE whatever he needed to be in order to accomplish his purpose in connection with them.
That being the case....Exodus 3:14-15 has nothing whatever to do with John 8:58. Jesus said "I am" so many times in the scriptures but this one instance is used to prove that he is God? Not even close.

When Jesus said...."Abraham your father rejoiced greatly at the prospect of seeing my day, and he saw it and rejoiced.” 57 Then the Jews said to him: “You are not yet 50 years old, and still you have seen Abraham?”
Jesus was answering a question about his age.....so he answered “Most truly I say to you, before Abraham came into existence, I have been.”
If you read it carefully you will see that "I AM" is not even grammatically correct. Jesus was referring to the past not the present....so a present tense answer is out of place.

And one more for you...
When Thomas first saw Jesus, after The Lord Jesus THE Christ, was resurrected....Thomas knelt before Jesus and said...."my Lord....and my GOD".

And note.....Jesus didn't correct him......and why should He ?....Why would God manifested in the Flesh.<
= 1 Timothy 3:16, deny His Deity?
He didnt.
You do....so, you have a problem, Aunty Jane.
Nope I have no problem at all. The word used in Greek for 'god" is "theos" and it doesn't just mean the God of Israel...it is used for their own false gods and in the scriptures even satan is identified as "theos". In simple terms it means "a god or goddess, a general name of deities or divinities". (Strongs) Thomas was not proclaiming that Jesus was Almighty God because the apostles as a united group believed there was only one God...and it wasn't Jesus....
1 Corinthians 8:5-6....
"For even if there are so-called gods whether in heaven or on earth, as indeed there are many gods and many lords, 6 yet for us there is only one God, the Father, from whom are all things, and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him."
So unless Thomas had apostatized from the rest of the apostles, he was not saying what you think he said. He was recognizing Christ's divinity, his divine authority, not believing for a moment that he was God incarnate. No Jew would have subscribed to that blasphemy.

I think you need to read 1 Timothy 3:16 in an accurate translation. Click on the link in your post and see that there is no "God" in that verse.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I edited your long post so that i could answer the simple questions.
Sorry...I don't know how to edit your long post, so I'll just respond to the questions.....:rolleyes:
I'll take them one at a time....just so you don't get lost....

1.) Jesus is not Yahweh... ??????

A.) Jesus is God manifested in the Flesh.. 1 Timothy 3:16.......and read carefully John 1:10. It tells you that Jesus created the World... Then go to Colossians 1:16, and it teaches you that Jesus created EVERYTHING...... Then go to John 1:1, and read that Jesus is the WORD and the WORD is GOD.
Apparently you are not used to using a variety of translations, which is good for an expanded understanding of the content, especially is a Greek to English Interlinear useful in determining whether a translation is correct.
1 Timothy 3:16 is speaking about Jesus, not God.

The Mounce Interlinear does not have the word "God" in that verse.
"And undeniably great is the mystery of godliness, who was revealed in flesh, was vindicated in spirit, appeared to angels; was preached among the nations, was believed in the world, was taken up in glory."
"Godliness" is not God, but a quality of someone who loves and obeys God. None of the expressions in that scripture apply to God, but they do to Jesus.

Only the trusty old KJV and its derivatives contain the word "God". Its a lousy translation IMO, full of errors.
John 1:10 says that the world was "made through" Jesus....think a little more carefully about what that is saying especially in light of Colossians 1:15-17.
Proverbs 8:30-31 places the son beside the Father in creation. All things coming into existence "through" Jesus is not saying that he is the Creator at all. But a "master workman" at his Father's side, following his instructions. (Genesis 1:26) There is only one Creator who can create matter out of pure energy. The son is a product of his Father. (Revelation 3:14)

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
2.).. Death is the cessation of life, not a continuation of it. ..?????

A.) Death is only the body.....not the Spirit.
Show us where it says that the body dies, but the spirit lives on consciously somewhere else....?
The ancient Jews never believed that.....the only options placed before Israel when God gave them his laws was "life or death".....never were they told about "heaven or hell" as opposite destinations. (Deuteronomy 30:19-20) They had no belief in an immortal soul to go anywhere. (Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10) They believed in "the resurrection", just as Lazarus' sister Martha said to Jesus. (John 11:21-24)

3.) How can God die. ??

A.) The reason you are confused here, is because you have the misconception that the Body and the Spirit are ONE...And they are not. The Spirit never dies....and that is why it will end up in Heaven or HELL, after the Body dies. See, God sacrificed...Himself "manifested in the FLESH"....See that? That is GOD as a man....Virgin born......So, Jesus, who is God in the FLESH, sacrificed His blood and body.....
I am not confused at all. The "spirit" in man is the breath that keeps his body alive. What did God do to Adam to make him live? He "breathed the breath of life" into his lungs and the man "became a living soul". Souls breathe. Only a body with breath is alive. There is no shadowy part of man that lives on after death.....unless you want to believe the devil's first lie...."you surely will not die"....?
What did God tell Adam?
"By the sweat of your face
You shall eat bread,
Until you return to the ground,
Because from it you were taken;
For you are dust,

And to dust you shall return.” (Genesis 3:19)
Do you see heaven or hell mentioned there?

Did you know that there is not a single mention of an immortal soul in the Bible? There is no part of man that survives death. God promised a resurrection, not a continuation of life somewhere else.
Please find me one scripture that mentions a soul as a disembodied spirit.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
3A.) How can God die ??

A.) God can't die. He has no beginning or End......But, you have misunderstood that God is not a BODY, in Heaven......"God is A Spirit".
Spirits still have bodies. (Read 1 Corinthians 15:35-49)

And do you understand the principle of redemption? It is an exact payment...no more, no less.
The meaning of atonement is "at-one-ment" or "like for like".
Jesus had to come to pay a debt that Adam left for his children. A debt that no one else could pay.
What did Adam lose for us? Sinless human life, so all that was needed to redeem us was an equally sinless life. That life did not need to be God incarnate....in fact that would have been such an overpayment that it would have been ridiculous....like 12 trillion cans of bug spray to kill one mosquito. Jesus volunteered to leave the spirit realm and take on human flesh and offer that sinless life to redeem us.

4.) How Can mere humans kill God. ????

A.) Again, you do not understand that the body, is the Container, its the EARTH SUIT.. The SPIRIT is Eternal, its only the body that dies.
They dont put your Spirit in the Grace, only your dead Body. Your Spirit leaves the body when it dies, and you go to heaven or hell, based on: "you must be born again".......
So, the Spirit that is in the Body, can't die, but the body will die.
Listen..... When they Crucified GOD, as Christ on the Cross, they killed God's Virgin born BODY.
Where does it actually say this in the Bible? Please tell me where it says that men killed God. You cannot kill an immortal. Do you understand this?

And what does it mean to be "born again"? I don't think most people have a clue.
What did Jesus tell Nicodemus?
"Nic·o·deʹmus said to him: “How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter into the womb of his mother a second time and be born, can he?” 5 Jesus answered: “Most truly I say to you, unless anyone is born from water and spirit, he cannot enter into the Kingdom of God."
Before Nicodemus’ conversation with Jesus, John the Baptist had announced that not only water but also spirit would play a role in baptism. He said: I baptized you with water, but he [Jesus] will baptize you with holy spirit.” (Mark 1:7, 8)

Gospel writer Mark describes the first time that such a baptism took place.
Mark 1:9-10....
“In the course of those days Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee and was baptized in the Jordan by John. And immediately on coming up out of the water he saw the heavens being parted, and, like a dove, the spirit coming down upon him.”
When Jesus was immersed in the Jordan, he was baptized with water. At the moment that he received the spirit from heaven, he was baptized with holy spirit.
So, even Jesus was born from water and spirit at his baptism.....only those chosen to rule with Christ in heaven receive such a baptism.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you own a bible? Then you have read the account of the LAST SUPPER?
Jesus said this.....""And He took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my BODY given for you; do this in remembrance of me.”

Notice that Jesus told you that He is about to "give His BODY"......See that? That is the death of God's BODY, on the Cross.
This is now celebrated in "remembrance" as = taking "Communion".
Was it just his body? What was in that body that was poured out for the forgiveness of our sins? What did the wine represent?
John 1:7...
"However, if we are walking in the light as he himself is in the light, we do have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin."
I am left to wonder how well you know your Bible since you do not seem to have a good grasp of what it teaches....?
unsure

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan could torture each one of us eternally for each sin we commit. However, he lost his ability to do that when he had Jesus murdered. That is because Jesus had committed no sin, so when Satan had Jesus murdered, Satan lost his credibility (and therefore, his ability to torture us forever).
Jesus bought back the dominion of the earth that Satan stole from Adam at Calvary. His coronation is delayed by his High Priestly ministry in the Temple (Sanctuary) in Heaven. So much was accomplished at Calvary, more than we can imagine!

1. Praise Him! Praise Him! Jesus, our blessed Redeemer!
    Sing, O earth—His wonderful love proclaim!
    Hail Him! Hail Him! Highest archangels in glory;
    Strength and honor give to His holy Name!
    Like a shepherd, Jesus will guard His children,
    In His arms He carries them all day long.
    • Refrain:
      Praise Him! Praise Him! Tell of His excellent greatness;
      Praise Him! Praise Him! Ever in joyful song!
  2. Praise Him! Praise Him! Jesus, our blessed Redeemer!
    For our sins He suffered, and bled, and died.
    He our Rock, our hope of eternal salvation,
    Hail Him! Hail Him! Jesus the Crucified.
    Sound His praises! Jesus who bore our sorrows,
    Love unbounded, wonderful, deep and strong.
  3. Praise Him! Praise Him! Jesus, our blessed Redeemer!
    Heav’nly portals loud with hosannas ring!
    Jesus, Savior, reigneth forever and ever;
    Crown Him! Crown Him! Prophet, and Priest, and King!
    Christ is coming! over the world victorious,
    Pow’r and glory unto the Lord belong.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus bought back the dominion of the earth that Satan stole from Adam at Calvary. His coronation is delayed by his High Priestly ministry in the Temple (Sanctuary) in Heaven. So much was accomplished at Calvary, more than we can imagine!

1. Praise Him! Praise Him! Jesus, our blessed Redeemer!
    Sing, O earth—His wonderful love proclaim!
    Hail Him! Hail Him! Highest archangels in glory;
    Strength and honor give to His holy Name!
    Like a shepherd, Jesus will guard His children,
    In His arms He carries them all day long.
    • Refrain:
      Praise Him! Praise Him! Tell of His excellent greatness;
      Praise Him! Praise Him! Ever in joyful song!
  2. Praise Him! Praise Him! Jesus, our blessed Redeemer!
    For our sins He suffered, and bled, and died.
    He our Rock, our hope of eternal salvation,
    Hail Him! Hail Him! Jesus the Crucified.
    Sound His praises! Jesus who bore our sorrows,
    Love unbounded, wonderful, deep and strong.
  3. Praise Him! Praise Him! Jesus, our blessed Redeemer!
    Heav’nly portals loud with hosannas ring!
    Jesus, Savior, reigneth forever and ever;
    Crown Him! Crown Him! Prophet, and Priest, and King!
    Christ is coming! over the world victorious,
    Pow’r and glory unto the Lord belong.
You changed your picture. Is there a bullet in that gun?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your shirt is wrinkled.
You just wanna see that little vein on my neck pop out. You love that, don't you?

@theefaith and I have a private conversation going (for about a year now) where we just lob one-liners from The Andy Griffith Show back and forth. It's really fun if you're as easily entertained as I am. I've thought about going public (at least, here on CB) with it, but I don't know if they have a kitchen sink-type sub-forum here like they do on CF. :)

(Sorry--don't mean to derail the thread.)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just wanna see that little vein on my neck pop out. You love that, don't you?

@theefaith and I have a private conversation going (for about a year now) where we just lob one-liners from The Andy Griffith Show back and forth. It's really fun if you're as easily entertained as I am. I've thought about going public (at least, here on CB) with it, but I don't know if they have a kitchen sink-type sub-forum here like they do on CF. :)

I don’t think he digs you barn!

Daniel L.

Feb 25, 2022
Lisboa
Faith
Christian
Country
Portugal
The sacrifice of Jesus
Did Jesus have anything to say about sacrifice....if so, what?

No blood offering, of beast or bird, or man, can take away sin, for how can the conscience be purged from sin by the shedding of innocent blood ? Nay, it will increase the condemnation.
The priests indeed receive such offering as reconciliation of the worshippers for the trespasses against the law of Moses, but for sins agains the Law of God there can be no remission, save by repentance and amendment.

1 Samuel 15:22 And Samuel said, Hath the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.

-Blood Sacrifice is leaven from the pharisees:

Matthew 16:12 Then understood they how that he bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

Ezekiel 5:6 And she hath changed my judgments into wickedness more than the nations, and my statutes more than the countries that are round about her: for they have refused my judgments and my statutes, they have not walked in them.

-Corruption of the covenant of Levi:

Malachi 2:8 But ye are departed out of the way; ye have caused many to stumble at the law; ye have corrupted the covenant of Levi, saith the LORD of hosts.

-Blood Sacrifice is not what our Father in Heaven wants:

Psalms 51:16 For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.
17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Isaiah 1:11 To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the Lord: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.

-Blood Sacrifice was not commanded by our Father:

Jeremiah 7:22 For I spake not unto your fathers, nor commanded them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices:

-Blood sacrifice is "of fools" and evil:

Ecclesiastes 5:1 Keep thy foot when thou goest to the house of God, and be more ready to hear, than to give the sacrifice of fools: for they consider not that they do evil.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It might work on the Unorthodox Doctrine Forum

Reactions: BarneyFife