The sadness of a false gospel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
ha, you might have, but unfortunately i do not share your belief in Purgatory,
nor payments to any but an Established (government) church, so we are barely even speaking the same language i guess
Who said I believe in purgatory.
Go back and read everything again.
You misunderstand me at times, but I forgive you.

Reactions: bbyrd009

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Where in scripture is purgatory spoken of? It is not. Wishful thinking for those who know there is no purgatory.

Why are so many things added to the Bible that are just not there.

Purgatory is just another Jesus plus doctrine. These seeds of doubt and devilish doctrines get planted by the RC church and seem very hard to root out once accepted. The trouble is people accepted the false teaching as truth.

As I said in my very first sentence;

False gospels have deceived and are now deceiving many. We have a duty a commission to speak the truth in love.

I shall never cease praising God for saving me from any and all denominations. Whether it be Roman Catholic or Baptist. I owe them nothing. Only to Jesus Christ do I owe my full allegiance. He said nothing of purgatory.

Purgatory = a rest before a roast.

Show me purgatory in the Bible...
Who are you speaking to??

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whoever believes there is one. I have a SIL that was raised catholic. Her family was polish and have been staunch catholics forever. She was truly saved and baptized in the Holy Spirit yet she still hangs onto defending that institution. I can't understand it.

One woman, the mother of another sister in law, was a hardshell Roman Catholic. She argued with my wife this:

"if you wanted a great man to do something for you wouldn't you go to his mother and get her to ask him for you? You go to Mary and have her ask Jesus to do something for you".

This was her argument but my bible says there is one God and one intercessor between God and man, the man Christ Jesus.

I've listened to all the RC propaganda and grow weary of it!

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Where in scripture is purgatory spoken of? It is not. Wishful thinking for those who know there is no purgatory.

Why are so many things added to the Bible that are just not there.

Purgatory is just another Jesus plus doctrine. These seeds of doubt and devilish doctrines get planted by the RC church and seem very hard to root out once accepted. The trouble is people accepted the false teaching as truth.

As I said in my very first sentence;

False gospels have deceived and are now deceiving many. We have a duty a commission to speak the truth in love.

I shall never cease praising God for saving me from any and all denominations. Whether it be Roman Catholic or Baptist. I owe them nothing. Only to Jesus Christ do I owe my full allegiance. He said nothing of purgatory.

A challenge, Show me purgatory in the Bible...

I agree Frank. Yet in the scripture when it speaks of God and His fire..even in the OT "refining fire"...and NT "saved as by fire"...I can see where they came up with it...it is something I hold lightly...
I believe that after His Fire has done it's work, and the dross burned away..all that will be left is of His likeness.

The how, what, when and where ..I have no idea. Im not sure where the cleaning fire fit in, it it does somewhere.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Purgatory ? When I was Catholic that was some thing I believed in the nuns and priest , spoke of this.

that we go there to wash away our sins , is what I was told.. Our payment there to get into heaven.

Now I have to look in the bible and see if its there ! I forgot all about that !

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Purgatory ? When I was Catholic that was some thing I believed in the nuns and priest , spoke of this.

that we go there to wash away our sins , is what I was told.. Our payment there to get into heaven.

Now I have to look in the bible and see if its there ! I forgot all about that !

This is Jesus plus. As if His sacrifice was not quite enough.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Well, yeah.
They could, but I also said it's of no use.
( they don't have to -- because what difference does it make??)

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

A preacher ran across a Roman catholic priest in Louisiana that had a mission. He was trying to raise more money and awareness to help pray a man out of purgatory. He told the Christian minister that they had all of him prayed out excepting for one leg.

One leg?! The preacher said it would have been funny if it weren't so tragic. This is a good example of the tragic results of believing a false gospel. A worldly devilish message of Jesus plus.

Jesus plus circumcision, Jesus plus keeping the sabbath, Jesus plus purgatory, Jesus plus anything.

How blessed we are to have been able to buy the truth and sell it not. That God and the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ abide in our heart and we don't have to run after strange and perverse doctrines.

speaking the Truth is the Love, and Truth of God is of God.

anyway in the world were ever the true Gospel is preached it begins to dominate "religion" therefore men try to come up with their own versions to accommodate and appeal to those who seek to believe something to exploit its influences it may have in society.

there were two guys who thought to case out demons and found out that it didn't work but they tried why? because they could profit from it, or the guy that ask Peter to give him the same power that he thought Peter had, same thing he thought to gain from it. churches do this all the time they seduce and then manipulate their members to fulfill their own agendas. the serpent seduced Eve with what? wasn't it with his version of what God said?

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[
Frank Lee, say's...........
"if you wanted a great man to do something for you wouldn't you go to his mother and get her to ask him for you? You go to Mary and have her ask Jesus to do something for you". ]]]]]]]]]]]]

OH! That was what I was told also when going to school ! and pray to all the saints........

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[
Frank Lee, say's...........
"if you wanted a great man to do something for you wouldn't you go to his mother and get her to ask him for you? You go to Mary and have her ask Jesus to do something for you". ]]]]]]]]]]]]

OH! That was what I was told also when going to school ! and pray to all the saints........
ah wadr grams Frank did not say that; he was quoting someone else. Made me spit coffee all over! :D