The salvation journey.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
grace is primarily for the lost

While I understand your point as it applies to Unsaved it has to be by Grace, But I see Gods Grace as an attribute of his Nature, I think when seen as unmerited favor, it extends forever

2 peter 1:2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord

If your comment is viewed as stand alone it can come across strange but the context I think you mean wont be clear to a lot of people, Even in Heaven when we are made perfect, we still get Gods grace threw his kindness, Like Gods Grace never ends even if we are not sinners, I think Gods Grace is primarily Because God is Love

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
While I understand your point as it applies to Unsaved it has to be by Grace, But I see Gods Grace as an attribute of his Nature, I think when seen as unmerited favor, it extends forever

2 peter 1:2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord

If your comment is viewed as stand alone it can come across strange but the context I think you mean wont be clear to a lot of people, Even in Heaven when we are made perfect, we still get Gods grace threw his kindness, Like Gods Grace never ends even if we are not sinners, I think Gods Grace is primarily Because God is Love
I hope this verse does not come as a surprise to you, @HisLife

Ever wonder why you can't function in a particular ministry or role? Here's why:

Rom 12:3 For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith.

Reactions: michaelvpardo

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Ever wonder why you can't function in a particular ministry or role? Here's why:

Rom 12:3 For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith.

I thought God been a Graceful God was common sense...maybe not, The verse doesn't come as a surprise, Your question Does, what do you think you cant do because you don't have enough faith, we can do all things through Christ who strengthens, If you are you struggling and want to talk people might be able to help

Last edited:
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I know you. You NEED it ! Lol......

Oh wretched man that I am, We All do Brother, without it we every single person would end up in hell, isn't Grace amazing, By grace we are saved through faith, its a gift, not of works so no one can boast, Best deal ever, Believe the truth, Believe Gods Promise Believe in the one who never did anything wrong, its so easy it seams to good to be true, I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The first act of Faith. When I sought to do good as a child, incorrectly believing that this merited an immediate reward, I acted in faith, but according to a flawed understanding. At that age everything was about me and my desire, not about God and His glory.

We haven't talked about the first act of Faith yet. Only that at that point in the process, we don't have the Spirit of Christ in us yet. So as the result of that state of being, at that point in the process, Christ is none of ours yet. Again , kind of an obvious statement. What I've highlighted or obviously added to that truth, is if Christ isn't ours yet, His word and promises can't be ours yet either. Kind of a no brainer right?

If we can agree on that state of being at that specific point in the salvation journey, we can then look at the first act of Faith.

Are we in agreement?

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know you. You NEED it ! Lol......

I have worn a path to the Throne Of Grace.....The Grace Found There never runs out....I don’t like to sin.....I don’t recommend it ....Since I obtained my New Heart, sin has lost much of its appeal , but like James said, “ We ALL STUMBLE!”........So what do I do when I mess up? I do the same thing with my sin that God does —-I put it on the Cross ....

God hates it when I sin and nobody “ gets away” with Anything, so get that knot out of your panties, all you Self- Righteous Legalists out there—- God knows how to Chastise His foolish, errant children ......but I would wager that He Loves It when we turn to His Remedy.....We go to that Throne Of Grace with BOLDNESS —- just like the Word says. The more Boldness one has , the better—— it’s a direct reflection of your Appreciation “for” , and Confidence “in” the Precious Blood Of Jesus.....

I have sin in my life ( how about you?).I pay the price here in my Earthly existence .But I also have plenty of Boldness .....such is my Faith in the Blood.... I get punished here, but as far as Salvation is concerned , all of my Sins are better than “ Forgiven” —— they are “ FORGOTTEN!”

Do your best not to sin, but be Bold when you ask for forgiveness ....they don’t call it “ AMAZING” Grace for no reason....

It just dawned on me how far I strayed off topic in this post.....lol.....sorry.....I bet it helps somebody .....somebody needed to hear it...

Reactions: HisLife

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An argument could be made that your step #4 would not happen if the Holy Spirit were not working in you.....the “ correct response” may not happen if the Holy Spirit is not around.....

Hi BB, I think the working of the Holy Spirit at step 4 is external, not internal yet. Huge difference to being His or not right?

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Totally disagree Sanctification (A Religious buzz word to means different things to different religious paradigms) is two-fold.

Positionally we're immediately Sanctified upon being Born Again by receiving the INDWELLING Spirit.

Experimentally, we take HIS YOKE upon us, and begin to LEARN OF HIM, which leads to us being "Set apart for HIS service progressively" - a life-long process. Rom 8:29.

At the start of the Salvation journey, were not "born again yet". So far in this discussion, we've been born, called by the Father, repented by a simple turning from our way to the direction of the caller. No act of Faith has been discussed yet. try not to jump ahead.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh wretched man that I am, We All do Brother, without it we every single person would end up in hell, isn't Grace amazing, By grace we are saved through faith, its a gift, not of works so no one can boast, Best deal ever, Believe the truth, Believe Gods Promise Believe in the one who never did anything wrong, its so easy it seams to good to be true, I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
The 1st time I was exposed to the gospel was through a gospel tract that some sneaky Christian dropped into my Halloween loot. Being raised as a Roman Catholic I did think it was too good to be true. I prayed the prayer of "salvation" on the tract, but to no effect because the prayer was not in faith but with doubt. It took a lot of years of Bible study and stumbling around through the wilderness of life without Christ, as well as some pretty grievous sin and deep conviction by His Spirit to prepare my heart to receive Him.

The Lord knows exactly what it takes to bring us home, and I'm afraid that there is no formula for the new birth. It really is about God's election and by His will, not ours, but that should be a relief to anyone who has believed on the name of the Lord, has confessed that belief before men, and is convinced that He is risen from the dead. Amen and Hallelujah!

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If my comment is viewed as "stand alone" the viewer is clueless about context and is unlikely to understand anything written in the English language, much less what I've said.
As a heads up, when I quote a lot of scripture, it's mostly for the clueless. When I just discuss principles and testimony, it's for those with a good degree of understanding.

Back in the dark ages, when I was attending university, I knew a devoted communist that parrotted Karl Marx, but He couldn't explain why he believed the fool or the implications of Marxism upon freedom and faith. Blind faith can be like that too.

I'm more comfortable with reasoned understanding, but only from those who've made the good confession. On this site, I see far more vain argument than testimony (and I find that disturbing given that the site is Christianity board.com, not churchianity board or worldianity board.com)

We're exhorted by scripture to test the spirits, not to test every statement made by a brother in the Lord. The Bereans were commended for searching the scriptures to verify if what Paul said was true, but no one was ever told to challenge a brother or sister's understanding or prophetic word. Scripture actually says the exact opposite.

There's way too much of the world in the church and for this reason the name of Christ is blasphemed in the world. I saw a post just this morning by an atheist, saying that Christ is dead, because the church is loveless. How did he get that idea?

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If my comment is viewed as "stand alone" the viewer is clueless about context and is unlikely to understand anything written in the English language, much less what I've said.
As a heads up, when I quote a lot of scripture, it's mostly for the clueless. When I just discuss principles and testimony, it's for those with a good degree of understanding.

Back in the dark ages, when I was attending university, I knew a devoted communist that parrotted Karl Marx, but He couldn't explain why he believed the fool or the implications of Marxism upon freedom and faith. Blind faith can be like that too.

I'm more comfortable with reasoned understanding, but only from those who've made the good confession. On this site, I see far more vain argument than testimony (and I find that disturbing given that the site is Christianity board.com, not churchianity board or worldianity board.com)

We're exhorted by scripture to test the spirits, not to test every statement made by a brother in the Lord. The Bereans were commended for searching the scriptures to verify if what Paul said was true, but no one was ever told to challenge a brother or sister's understanding or prophetic word. Scripture actually says the exact opposite.

There's way too much of the world in the church and for this reason the name of Christ is blasphemed in the world. I saw a post just this morning by an atheist, saying that Christ is dead, because the church is loveless. How did he get that idea?

He may have got that idea because the churches he was viewing were full of “ Religionists” as opposed to True Christians.....Tares are rampant in most churches....

The Bible proclaims that “ The Fool has said ‘ there is no God’.......Atheists are Fools.....who gives a rats’s patootie about their foolish observations....

Reactions: michaelvpardo

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

He may have got that idea because the churches he was viewing were full of “ Religionists” as opposed to True Christians.....Tares are rampant in most churches....

The Bible proclaims that “ The Fool has said ‘ there is no God’.......Atheists are Fools.....who gives a rats’s patootie about their foolish observations....
The Lord does. I don't think he likes being blasphemed for any reason and by anyone.

23 You who make your boast in the law, do you dishonor God through breaking the law? 24 For “the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you,” as it is written. Romans 2:23-24
In context this passage was a criticism of Jewish believers in the God of scripture, but do you think the Lord is less dishonored by transgressors in the church? I see frequent transgression of the commandments and ignored biblical exhortations to the church, right here on the majority of threads dealing with doctrine, orthodoxy and orthopraxy.
I don't doubt that this is in some part because of "tares", but we all start out in the world, part of the kingdom of darkness, and we aren't meant to drag that into the Lord's kingdom. That's why we have pastors, teachers, and elders in the church, to lead, teach, and discipline the "young" in Christ (and I'm not referring to physical age. ) That's also why we're exhorted to submit to elders, not challenge them.
However, this site isn't a church. It's a bit more like a bar room brawl, but I am grateful for the seasoned saints that have had the patience to remain on the site and play the part of peacemaker when things get out of hand.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We haven't talked about the first act of Faith yet. Only that at that point in the process, we don't have the Spirit of Christ in us yet. So as the result of that state of being, at that point in the process, Christ is none of ours yet. Again , kind of an obvious statement. What I've highlighted or obviously added to that truth, is if Christ isn't ours yet, His word and promises can't be ours yet either. Kind of a no brainer right?

If we can agree on that state of being at that specific point in the salvation journey, we can then look at the first act of Faith.

Are we in agreement?
I'm sorry, but you lost me at that last step. I'm not really understanding what you mean by first act of Faith. Are you referring to a saving faith? The good confession? I have no frame of reference to agree or disagree.
I don't know if it's the 16° weather or the hours of ministry, but I'm feeling pretty drained at the moment and shouldn't be trying to explain anything until the Lord fills me up again. Have a good night and perhaps we can continue this another day. There seems to be more mature believers in the conversation now anyway. Perhaps you can focus your discussion on their opinions or understanding. We all drink from the same cup, we all are partakers of the same Spirit. God bless and "hasta la vista."

Last edited:

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I thought God been a Graceful God was common sense...maybe not, The verse doesn't come as a surprise, Your question Does, what do you think you cant do because you don't have enough faith, we can do all things through Christ who strengthens, If you are you struggling and want to talk people might be able to help
No cause for concern with me, HisLife.
Not everyone is GIVEN the same measure of faith and none of us should strive to use gifts that God's grace hasn't GIVEN. Sadly some do.

Rom 12:6-8 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, let us prophesy in proportion to our faith; (7) or ministry, let us use it in our ministering; he who teaches, in teaching; (8) he who exhorts, in exhortation; he who gives, with liberality; he who leads, with diligence; he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness.

Reactions: Rita

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That much is true.

What/where do you see the "start" being on this "journey?"

Hi Scott, This where the salvation journey or process begins.

1) We're born into this world. (obvious)
2) we are not born with the Spirit of Christ. (obvious)
3) Nobody comes to Christ unless the Father calls them. So the first real step or thing that must happen in the salvation process is we are called out by the Father.

If you agree with this so far we can move to what needs to happen next.

Reactions: Taken and ScottA