The Scriptures are God's Greatest Gift to Mankind

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It was contained in God's word as a record of what came from Peter (not God).

You are really grasping at straws here.
Really?? you said the bible is Gods word, Gods word is what comes out of Gods mouth, if that isnt Gods word than the bible is not either it,? Even a 2 year old child can understand that...

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@marksman,

But now, I have sinned against you, brother.

Because you have been questioning my experience of heaven, I felt compelled to also question yours.

Abba, I pray that You will hide from his eyes the thing that would stumble him. In Jesus' Name, Amen.
I haven't questioned it. I have gone by what you said so your sanctimonious prayer sounds a bit like the Pharisees who said they were glad they were not like other men.

Reactions: John Caldwell

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And the Bible is also the word of God. (This is a first truth.)
That is a downright lie. Gods word is Spirit and it is life even Christ said the scriptures have no life in them, so you, by your own word are contradicting Him, that is the truth and who is the "First " truth,

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me

So how much longer will you deny Him that is supposed to be your Husband the Honor Due Him or will you continue to give that Honor to teh bible.

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
Joh 5:41 I receive not honour from men.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where the problem lies is that you read the scripture and know about God but you never get to know God which is far more important.

I had an experience when I was taken up into heaven and met God himself. That did for me what no reading of scripture could do as I got to know him, not about him.

My impression is that most of what goes on in the church is to enable us to know about God, not to know God.
sorry but whatever happened,you were not taken up into heaven to meet God.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
All of those other translations are fine and dandy; but I would warn you that when you say in your heart, "I don't like what this translation (especially when it is the kjv) says;" and then go to another translation to see whether you like it bet
well i agree, only i am not saying to myself "this xlation is bad" or "that one is good" in my heart imo, when i post all of the available ones for comparison? That becomes just what i am trying to avoid even.

I tell you that i am not fam with this use of imrah for Word either, in the OT it is usually dabhar i think? So luckily we have giants to stand on the shoulders of there, and some study would likely reveal a deeper truth imo, so that will be my focus the next time i have an hour anyway.

But i mean who has heard Word from Yah's own Mouth? The Bible is self-described as God-Breathed, theophneustos, and not Word, Pneuma imo precisely to outline the diff. Doesnt mean i dont respect the sacred and not anywhere "Holy" Bible, which is also not the Book of Truth, i would say it more means that i seek to hear what the Bible is telling me, rather than impart wishes from my heart onto the text, even if i dont really understand that.

Law
is apparently holy, from Romans 7, which i sure dont get that after all the under the law stuff, but there it is nonetheless

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
We were not talking about his presence. We were talking about going to heaven. I didn't maybe go to heaven. I did go to heaven full stop.
so now thats a law right, even though Scripture assures us you did not?
There is a difference. You said "I may have been in heaven." My experience wasn't a maybe. It was a reality that happened. If you have been to heaven, you will know you have. You won't have a maybe experience.
see so then No one has ever gone up to heaven becomes a lie right

Reactions: marksman

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Makes me think of 1 Corinthians 3:19-23 ...Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours; [22] Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours; [23] And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.

And,

Ephesians 3:19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
the various xlations sure indicate to me that even our current day scribes have trouble with the v, so i would seek impressions over facts there myself, after sussing out my own translation from Lex, but that usually takes a while, an hour or so, or sometimes four.

So i would ask why the one v makes you think of the other, by way of gathering impressions?
and personally anyone bringing me "proof" or "facts" i usually discount immediately, although they are usually about half right in the end seems like

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So i would ask why the one v makes you think of the other, by way of gathering impressions?
and personally anyone bringing me "proof" or "facts" i usually discount immediately, although they are usually about half right in the end seems like
I don’t know why. Similar to why a verse you’ve read countless times suddenly means something different. Like ‘depart from Me you workers of iniquity, I never knew you’ becomes how fully and completely ‘I will remember their sins no more’. The old is passed away all things become New.(Imo)Both verses spoke of His love and Faithfulness same as the verse being looked at. (Again an opinion). Likewise the verses you quoted brought up also ‘fame’ in thinking of ‘and his fame spread abroad’ so now I need to go find out what exactly does His word say of this ‘fame’

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, you said the opposite:
No. I indicated some may not grasp what I was saying.

I said that God's word is not the Bible but the Bible is God's words.

Fruit is not an orange but an orange is fruit.

There was much more done and said than is contained in the Bible (per....well....the Bible).

God's word existed before Scripture was recorded.

The Word became flesh.

Think about the meaning of "God's words" in the Psalm you quoted (the Psalm written before the completion of the Old Testament).

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
No. I indicated some may not grasp what I was saying.

I said that God's word is not the Bible but the Bible is God's words.

Fruit is not an orange but an orange is fruit.

There was much more done and said than is contained in the Bible (per....well....the Bible).

God's word existed before Scripture was recorded.

The Word became flesh.

Think about the meaning of "God's words" in the Psalm you quoted (the Psalm written before the completion of the Old Testament).
the diff in graphe and gramme i guess, well said imo

Reactions: John Caldwell

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was ushered into the throne room of God and saw him sat on his throne. We hugged each other and I noticed that he was crying so I asked him why and he said he had been waiting for this for a long time. At that moment of time, I knew he was crazy about me.
Are you going to write a book?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I was asking you...

I haven't questioned it. I have gone by what you said so your sanctimonious prayer sounds a bit like the Pharisees who said they were glad they were not like other men.

Thank you, I will mark you as a true friend.

even Christ said the scriptures have no life in them,

Where?

As a matter of fact, the Bible says that the word of the Lord is living...Hebrews 4:12.

So you would contend that the Bible is not the word of God.

If the Bible said that the Bible is the word of God, you would decry that as circular reasoning.

I will say that I believe that we must believe that the Bible is the word of God to be a true Christian.

and not anywhere "Holy" Bible, which is also not the Book of Truth,

You need to take off from your profile the designation of "Christian" since you do not believe the Bible to be the word of the Lord and for that reason cannot define yourself as a real Christian.

Reactions: Anthony D'Arienzo

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You need to take off from your profile the designation of "Christian" since you do not believe the Bible to be the word of the Lord and for that reason cannot define yourself as a real Christian.
no i dont actually, as you are not the arbiter of that, jbf, you only think you are?

see whats really going on is that you are a confirmed cult of sol mithraist, and wadr you wouldnt know what true Christianity was if it slapped you in the face ok, which is also why you post as if you know something, bc you absolutely do not, just like Scripture assures the rest of us, except you.

Your bargain with death will be annulled, and when the overwhelming scourge passes through, you will be trampled

now, would you like to review your current bargain with death, or no
If the Bible said that the Bible is the word of God
so Quote that then, and lets see

"
The idea of the word of God is more that God is encountered in scripture, than that every line of scripture is a statement made by God. While the phrase "the Word of God" is never applied to the modern Bible within the Bible itself, supporters of inerrancy argue that this is because the biblical canon was not closed.
upload_2020-6-23_12-8-42.png
Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia › wiki
Biblical inerrancy - Wikipedia"

so whats really going on is you need to go into a closet and suck eggs, and then maybe research dunning-kruger syndrome, which you have a terminal case of i guess, professor. So if the next words out of your post are not "my apologies," then piss off, ok?
you need to start actually replying to ppls posts and stop pretending you are here to teach something, pharisee. I am not a source of fodder for your retarded little sermons, ok. Now since you obviously have found that you cannot Quote "Holy Bible" from anywhere, how bout you grow a pair and man up

as if right
Really?? you said the bible is Gods word, Gods word is what comes out of Gods mouth, if that isnt Gods word than the bible is not either it,? Even a 2 year old child can understand that...
obv giving him too much credit imo

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no i dont actually, as you are not the arbiter of that, jbf, you only think you are?

see whats really going on is that you are a confirmed cult of sol mithraist, and wadr you wouldnt know what true Christianity was if it slapped you in the face ok, which is also why you post as if you know something, bc you absolutely do not, just like Scripture assures the rest of us, except you.

Your bargain with death will be annulled, and when the overwhelming scourge passes through, you will be trampled

now, would you like to review your current bargain with death, or no

so Quote that then, and lets see

"
The idea of the word of God is more that God is encountered in scripture, than that every line of scripture is a statement made by God. While the phrase "the Word of God" is never applied to the modern Bible within the Bible itself, supporters of inerrancy argue that this is because the biblical canon was not closed.
View attachment 9758
Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia › wiki
Biblical inerrancy - Wikipedia"

so whats really going on is you need to go into a closet and suck eggs, and then maybe research dunning-kruger syndrome, which you have a terminal case of i guess, professor. So if the next words out of your post are not "my apologies," then piss off, ok?

you need to start actually replying to ppls posts and stop pretending you are here to teach something, pharisee. I am not a source of fodder for your retarded little sermons, ok. Now since you obviously have found that you cannot Quote "Holy Bible" from anywhere, how bout you grow a pair and man up

as if right

obv giving him too much credit imo
God loves you, man.

He came to this planet 2,000 years ago to die for your sins.

If you will receive it, He will redeem you and give you everlasting life.

Go ahead and say "piss off" to that...it will be to your everlasting condemnation!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
All of those other translations are fine and dandy; but I would warn you that when you say in your heart, "I don't like what this translation (especially when it is the kjv) says;" and then go to another translation to see whether you like it better; that you are in fact guilty of doing what was prophesied of some in 2 Timothy 4:3:

well i agree, only i am not saying to myself "this xlation is bad" or "that one is good" in my heart imo, when i post all of the available ones for comparison? That becomes just what i am trying to avoid even.

I tell you that i am not fam with this use of imrah for Word either, in the OT it is usually dabhar i think? So luckily we have giants to stand on the shoulders of there, and some study would likely reveal a deeper truth imo, so that will be my focus the next time i have an hour anyway.

But i mean who has heard Word from Yah's own Mouth? The Bible is self-described as God-Breathed, theophneustos, and not Word, Pneuma imo precisely to outline the diff. Doesnt mean i dont respect the sacred and not anywhere "Holy" Bible, which is also not the Book of Truth, i would say it more means that i seek to hear what the Bible is telling me, rather than impart wishes from my heart onto the text, even if i dont really understand that.

Law
is apparently holy, from Romans 7, which i sure dont get that after all the under the law stuff, but there it is nonetheless
so see, when you get shut down in one dur area you just move right on to some other urfurf crap, all the while believing the sun rose from somewhere it absolutely did not.

you need to be run out of here imo
God loves you, man.

He came to this planet 2,000 years ago to die for your sins.

If you will receive it, He will redeem you and give you everlasting life.

Go ahead and say "piss off" to that...it will be to your everlasting condemnation!
case in point, its like pretending to have a convo with gis, swear to Yah
pls stop tagging/quoting me ok, ty

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible is the word of God...and it also contains testimony of what people said who are not God.

What they said is not the word of God, except in that the word of God records what was spoken by them.

You are grasping at straws; trying to make an argument out of nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.