The Scriptures are God's Greatest Gift to Mankind

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you going to write a book?

What is it? You have not traveled there and back yet?
last time I went I was surprised by the Apostle Paul.
He wanted to play some chess, and I was surprised he played the King's gambit declined.
I fianchettoed my bishop to attempt to control the center of the board, but he saw through my strategy.
We played on for a while, but the game was declared a draw.
You do not doubt my personal experience do you brother?

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He wanted to play some chess, and I was surprised he played the King's gambit declined.
I fianchettoed my bishop to attempt to control the center of the board, but he saw through my strategy.
Not at all... :D

Reactions: Anthony D'Arienzo

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure, sure, I believe you, pal...;)

Reactions: Anthony D'Arienzo

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Funny thing here, people can and are allowed to belittle, mock, ridicule, attack and mitigate Scripture.

Few bat an eye until their trips to heaven, myths, and fables are. Then the sirens go off. "How dare you!"

Un.

Believe.

Able.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Funny thing here, people can and are allowed to belittle, mock, ridicule, attack and mitigate Scripture.

Few bat an eye until their trips to heaven, myths, and fables are. Then the sirens go off. "How dare you!"

Un.

Believe.

Able.
I know that My "trip to heaven" was not like your ordinary story about them.

God hid my eyes from the sights of heaven because He knew that if I had seen them, I would have been stumbled by 1 Corinthians 2:9; which He knew that I would read not long after my experience with Him.

For all I know, He simply gave me an experience of His presence while I was still on the earth. But I will say that my experience was an heavenly one.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know that My "trip to heaven" was not like your ordinary story about them.

God hid my eyes from the sights of heaven because He knew that if I had seen them, I would have been stumbled by 1 Corinthians 2:9; which He knew that I would read not long after my experience with Him.

For all I know, He simply gave me an experience of His presence while I was still on the earth. But I will say that my experience was an heavenly one.

I say this with all due respect, man to man:

You're trying to defend yourself. No, I don't buy your story, no offence.

But: You said nothing, zero, not one thing about how SCRIPTURE is attacked as I shared that it is on here, and often enough. Only something about your story. Scripture? Defense about it being attacked? Not a single word.

Hmmmm...

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I say this with all due respect, man to man:

You're trying to defend yourself. No, I don't buy your story, no offence.

But: You said nothing, zero, not one thing about how SCRIPTURE is attacked as I shared that it is on here, and often enough. Only something about your story. Scripture? Defense about it being attacked? Not a single word.

Hmmmm...
Friend, I have been defending the authority of scripture here from my first post on this thread.

It's alright with me if you don't believe my story...your unbelief doesn't make my story any less valid.

It's kind of like with this principle:

Rom 3:3, For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
Rom 3:4, God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Friend, I have been defending the authority of scripture here from my first post on this thread.

It's alright with me if you don't believe my story...your unbelief doesn't make my story any less valid.

It's kind of like with this principle:

Rom 3:3, For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
Rom 3:4, God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.
That text wasn't written to defend you nor to rebuke me or anyone else for not believing your fables. It is about what God says in his written word, that it is true, and if anyone does not believe it, the written word, (not you or your stories) he is a liar.

Please refrain from misusing Scripture as in the above abuse of the text. You're failing the mandate of 2 Timothy 2:15.

And once again, you're defending yourself, and at the same time you're misusing Scripture to do so.

I look forward to you using Scripture properly in the future.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All I'm saying is that the verse in Romans 3 is a principle, that when something is true, someone not believing in it does not make it not true.

I can care less whether you believe my story. It is true whether you believe in it or not.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All I'm saying is that the verse in Romans 3 is a principle, that when something is true, someone not believing in it does not make it not true.

I can care less whether you believe my story. It is true whether you believe in it or not.
That verse isn't "a principle" it is God's revelation, has an intended meaning from God, and you misused it out of its intended purpose. Saying a verse is a principle is merely giving yourself an excuse to abuse its meaning and intention, which you, unfortunately have done.

Here's the clincher, my friend, that wouldn't make me the liar, as you made it out to be, but yourself.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am merely asserting that what I have said is true. I am not defending myself; unless, of course, you are attacking me.
Let's see, I don't believe your story: Not an attack.

You misuse Scripture to call me a liar: I don't take it as an attack.

I'm not here to worry about myself or what you call me, but I will defend the Scripture and my right not to believe fables. Not an attack, that's just my stance my brother.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think you're lying when you say that you don't believe me.

But you are mistaken.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but I will defend the Scripture and my right not to believe fables.
You don't have to defend that right because it is not under attack. I give you every right not to believe my testimony (which is not a fable).

It will still be a factor in my overcoming the accuser of the brethren; whether you believe in it or not.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@justbyfaith

You're proving my initial argument: Attack Scripture on here, few bat an eye. Don't believe someone's stories? Get called out, accused of attacking, gigantic fuss is made over it, try to draw attention to it &c.

Scripture being attacked? Gets a token response and a yawn.

My point? Proven, and that's a fact.

Now, you can get your last word in on it...

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@justbyfaith

You're proving my initial argument: Attack Scripture on here, few bat an eye. Don't believe someone's stories? Get called out, accused of attacking, gigantic fuss is made over it, try to draw attention to it &c.

Scripture being attacked? Gets a token response and a yawn.

My point? Proven, and that's a fact.

Now, you can get your last word in on it...
Which is to say that I have defended the authority of scripture on this very thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.