The Scriptures are God's Greatest Gift to Mankind

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think that @Preacher4Truth is denying the fact that he is a sinner.
Thanks. I still appreciate you telling @John Caldwell where he is in error.

And for the record, for old Johnny boy, gossip isn't statements made in public and naming names directly like I've done with you. That's why I used the @ with your name on it, publicly. It was done out in the open. That my...well, never mind, isn't gossip. :)

Reactions: Anthony D'Arienzo

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I certainly hope not (given he has just started gossiping).

The key is whether or not he will repent.

I am not a sinner in that I am no longer mastered by sin. This does not mean I do not sin, but I repent of sin. I am a Christian.
C'mon, @bbyrd009, get on the ball!

Tell him that if I testify of myself my testimony isn't valid...

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I certainly hope not (given he has just started gossiping).

The key is whether or not he will repent.

I am not a sinner in that I am no longer mastered by sin. This does not mean I do not sin, but I repent of sin. I am a Christian.

It is a major part of the penitent's prayer (in Psalms 51) to say:

Psa 51:3, For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.

Confessing that you are a sinner (at salvation) is to confess your past, present, and future sins.

Recognizing the reality of indwelling sin as something that you cannot repent of, nor eradicate from your system; while you can repent of specific things that you do that are sins: but understanding that you are beset by a nature of sin and that therefore even repenting of specific sins may not necessarily immediately result in victory.

Last edited:

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And for the record, for old Johnny boy, gossip isn't statements made in public and naming names directly like I've done with you. That's why I used the @ with your name on it, publicly. It was done out in the open. That my...well, never mind, isn't gossip. :)

I know of more than 20 people who have noticed that some people do not understand the 9th commandment or what dishonesty is. Such vile persons are described in Jude, as hidden wreaths that come in among believers but really only do damage.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lk.24:
25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:

26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?

27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I thought you shared his interpretation that the Bible is magnified above God Himself. I do not know why you decided to gossip to affirm his view, but at least we can now see where you stand.

Given Scripture directly contradicts your interpretation that God is inferior to the Bible, how do you support the view (other than gossip, of course)?

How do you view the Bible as being magnified over God's name?

Or should you change your name to "Preacherw/oTruth" as you cannot answer for your own faith?

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here are some of the reasoning of those who said Jesus.

1]Actually, the Living Word, Jesus Christ was!
But will accept the Bible as His second best gift
!
Question, which Jesus is the living word.

2]I think that the Angels and all all the redeemed will be worshiping and praising the Lord Jesus, and not His book!
Q. Which Jesus? How do you know anything about worship and praising Him?

3]God the father exulted Jesus to be the Living Lord, as to Him is the eternal Kingdom and dominion, not His Bible!
God the Son died for me, not his book!
Q. How do we know any of this without scripture?

4]its the inspired revelation of Him, but is not equal to Him!
Q. Who said it was equal to him?

5]We will worship the Lord, and not His book!
no one said any such thing these questions were asked and never answered;
What Lord?
Who is He?
What did He do?
Who created this universe?
Who defines sin and death?

6]Yes, but would answer hebrews 1"1-2 as God ultimate revelation to us is not in the Bible, but in His Son!
Here scripture is used to describe something no one would know if we did not have the gift of scripture. This happened many times, but no one answered the questions.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought you shared his interpretation that the Bible is magnified above God Himself. I do not know why you decided to gossip to affirm his view, but at least we can now see where you stand.

Given Scripture directly contradicts your interpretation that God is inferior to the Bible, how do you support the view (other than gossip, of course)?

How do you view the Bible as being magnified over God's name?

Or should you change your name to "Preacherw/oTruth" as you cannot answer for your own faith?

Of course:
No one said the Bible is being magnified above anything, this is your evil suggestion .

No one said God is inferior to anything, again your evil suggestion as you cannot grasp the concept being discussed.

P4T can answer, but I know he does not like answering insincere , dishonest posters. That might have something to do with it. I myself do not like doing it also.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know of more than 20 people who have noticed that some people do not understand the 9th commandment or what dishonesty is. Such vile persons are described in Jude, as hidden wreaths that come in among believers but really only do damage.
Agreed. Calling my public statement, and naming his name so he would see it, publicly, "gossip" is totally untrue.

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Preacher4Truth,

Rather than devolving into gossip and rather than depending on others to answer for your faith, why not take a little time to study Scripture and come up with an answer of your own?

You indicated you agreed that God magnified the Bible above His own name, but you have failed to explain how this stands with opposing passages.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most everyone worldwide has never seen or heard the Lord Jesus Christ alive on earth in the first century.
I do not know of anyone who is 2000 years old
God himself has progressively revealed Himself to us in scripture. (The word of God written).
God had over 40 men write all we need that pertains to life and Godliness.
This was not accidentally done,but rather the design of the triune God .
Not one of us would have true and accurate knowledge of God the Father,Son, or Holy Spirit, unless God Himself makes Himself known to us.
Without the scripture we would be adrift like all the world religions the
Romans 1 declares have changed the truth of God for a lie.
We would have no true knowledge of any biblical topic.

Why are men spiritually dead?

What happened at creation?

Who is the creator?

Who determines right from wrong?

Who gives us a moral law?

Why was a sacrificial system put in place?

Why was shed blood required?

What is regeneration, new birth, grace, mercy, justification, sanctification, glorification, election, predestination, reprobation, glorification, Heaven, Hell?

These are unknown apart from scripture revealing and sealing the true knowledge to mankind.
Missionaries do not go with word of mouth hearsay. The go with the authoritative God-given truth that is essential for the Holy Spirit to quicken dead sinners to life.

Everyone firsts says....It is Jesus!
Without scripture we would not know which one as we are not Apostolic eyewitnesses.
Is Jesus the 900ft version that Oral Roberts claimed to have a 7 hour conversation with,telling him we each need to send $144dollars in to his ministry? The one that the JW says was an angel turned into a man? Or the mormon half brother to lucifer?
Without scripture we are heathen in rebellion, having no hope, and without God in the world.

Last edited:

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Without scripture, we would have no knowledge of God the Father, Son, or Holy Spirit.
We would not know God was sending "His Son" to begin with.
Sending His Son...sending His Son for what reason?
What do we mean that God has a Son?
Why has it become necessary to send the Son.?

Without the gift of scripture, we have no knowledge of any of this.
We have no knowledge of the gospel itself.

We would not understand anything, about anything.

When we witness to individuals we need to establish the Bible as it is in truth,the word of God.

We need to be able to say all of what the Psalmist says in Psalm 119.

Scripture was his meditation around the clock.

Scripture enabled him to draw near to God.

Scripture was his refuge when evil ,wicked ,persons sought to bear false witness against him, workers of Satan,religious but seeking to turn him away from his God.119:95-100.

When we obey Mt:28, we make disciples, using scripture
Teaching them. We can tell of so great a salvation by using the God-given scriptures, not by fables, man's wisdom, carnal thoughts, and carnal philosophy.

All of that are dead ends that religious people do.
As pointed out in the first thread, The Lord Jesus God incarnate, used scripture to confront and drive away Satan in the gospels
It is written, it is written, it is written.
Anyone who in any way diminished scriptures most likely does not know God, or has major defects in their understanding.
Like those in Acts 17, they do not know what to them is the unknown God.

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed. Calling my public statement, and naming his name so he would see it, publicly, "gossip" is totally untrue.
It is gossip because you are talking about me and my view rather than addressing me about my view.

I also seem to get only half the dialogue. I see your posts and Anthony's agreement, but Anthony and I do not see one another's posts per our agreement with the Administration.

"Gossip" does not mean "untrue". But here we are speaking of two interpretations. You say my view that Christ is before all things is error. I say your view (Justbyfaith's view) that the Bible is magnified above God's name is a misinterpretion.

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What we need to understand is that without Scripture we would not know about God's redemptive history. Scripture is important. God reached to man and revealed Himself to us through Scripture just as He revealed Himself to Israel through the prophets.

But this does not make the Bible a greater gift to man than God Himself. Without the work of the Spirit the Bible is not understood. Without Christ Scripture is meaningless. Without God there is no Bible.

Heresy is not always void of truth. Sometimes, like with this thread, it has a lot of truth laced with a little error.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You indicated you agreed that God magnified the Bible above His own name, but you have failed to explain how this stands with opposing passages.

What opposing passages?

Clearly, your only option, in denying my pov, is to deny the veracity of the kjv and a few other versions; for in them it is clearly written,

Psa 138:2, I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

It is gossip because you are talking about me and my view rather than addressing me about my view.

He tagged you, and you were it. He did not leave you out of the conversation. Gossip is talking about someone behind their back. He did not do that.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But this does not make the Bible a greater gift to man than God Himself. Without the work of the Spirit the Bible is not understood. Without Christ Scripture is meaningless. Without God there is no Bible.
Without the Bible we would know nothing of Christ.

Psa 68:11, The Lord gave the word: great was the company of those that published it.
Psa 68:12, Kings of armies did flee apace: and she that tarried at home divided the spoil.

Status
Not open for further replies.