The Second Coming... what you don't know, but should...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, I have no issue with believing God raised Jesus from the dead. Why would I? This is a trinitarian thing. Jesus raised His Own body from the dead, or else He was a false prophet, and you can answer that one whatever way you want but I've chosen to believe Jesus.

Death is not cessation of existence. Death in this world is to be separated from one's body. No once has ever been able to just return from that but Jesus did. No one takes My life from Me, Jesus said, I have the power to lay it down, and the power to take it back up again.

Much love!

Okay, thanks for your response. Now I know where we stand on (Romans 10:9). You believe Jesus was dead then raise himself in the same body... even though Mary Magdalene thought he was a gardener. Am I on point? Or would like to add to what was said?

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible declares not only that Jesus would raise Himself from the dead, but also that the Holy Spirit would raise Him from the dead, and also that the Father raised Him from the dead.

In this case, remember, death is not cessation of existance, the Bible is replete with instruction and examples that we do not stop existing upon our death in this world.

Jesus was the ONE Who was able to return from among the dead ones. You've assumed that Jesus could not raise Himself, and then you take that assumption as a foundation to say that the Bible doesn't mean what it says. Jesus did mean what He said, He gave no indication of anything otherwise.

In fact, He spoke in a symbolic way, and that symbol is interpreted for us. This is one of those great examples of how to know when something is symbolic in the Bible. It tells you, and tells you what it means.

Much love!

The Dead are Dead. It's the opposite of Life. That's why there is a Resurrection....

Acts 24:15
And I have hope toward God, which hope these men also look forward to, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, thanks for your response. Now I know where we stand on (Romans 10:9). You believe Jesus was dead then raise himself in the same body... even though Mary Magdalene thought he was a gardener. Am I on point? Or would like to add to what was said?
Like I said . . . I believe Jesus, and He was clear about it.

And people haven't stopped misunderstanding Who Jesus Is.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Dead are Dead. It's the opposite of Life. That's why there is a Resurrection....

Acts 24:15
And I have hope toward God, which hope these men also look forward to, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.
Yes, you are exactly correct, the dead are dead.

There are even different kinds of death. But it does sound to me that you are thinking dead mean you stop existing or something like that. Is that fair to say?

Much love!

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I said . . . I believe Jesus, and He was clear about it.

And people haven't stopped misunderstanding Who Jesus Is.

Much love!

What do you think about this scripture? Do you believe it?

During his life on earth, Christ offered up supplications and also petitions, with strong outcries and tears, to the One who was able to save him out of death, and he was favorably heard for his godly fear. (Hebrews 5:7)

Do you see how it conflicts about Jesus being Dead is not Dead. Rather, he depended on some else. His God and Father....

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You believe Jesus was dead then raise himself in the same body...
". . . I have the power to lay it down, and the power to take it back up again . . ."

So the question is, do you believe His words?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you think about this scripture? Do you believe it?

During his life on earth, Christ offered up supplications and also petitions, with strong outcries and tears, to the One who was able to save him out of death, and he was favorably heard for his godly fear. (Hebrews 5:7)

Do you see how it conflicts about Jesus being Dead is not Dead. Rather, he depended on some else. His God and Father....
Again, there is no conflict. The Bible teaches that Jesus raised Himself, that the Holy Spirit raised Him, and the Father raised Him. You are the one who cannot seem to read each of those without changing the meaning of what God said.

I recognize God Who Is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and God raised Jesus from the dead. I don't have to change a single word.

Much love!

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
". . . I have the power to lay it down, and the power to take it back up again . . ."

So the question is, do you believe His words?

Much love!

Yes, we are in agreement. Just one more scripture and we can visit another time. Do see how this scripture is in line with (Romans 10:9) ??

Acts 13:37
On the other hand, the one whom God raised up did not see corruption.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, we are in agreement. Just one more scripture and we can visit another time. Do see how this scripture is in line with (Romans 10:9) ??

Acts 13:37
On the other hand, the one whom God raised up did not see corruption.
Then why do you not believe Jesus raised Himself from the dead, a physical bodily resurrection? If you believe Him, why do you not believe that?

I've gotta run, back tomorrow.

Much love!

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then why do you not believe Jesus raised Himself from the dead, a physical bodily resurrection? If you believe Him, why do you not believe that?

I've gotta run, back tomorrow.

Much love!

Because of the following scriptures. Who was Jesus Loyal too??

Acts 13:35
So it also says in another psalm: ‘You will not allow your loyal one to see corruption.’

Acts 2:27
because you will not leave me in the Grave, nor will you allow your loyal one to see corruption.

Acts 2:31
he foresaw and spoke about the resurrection of the Christ, that neither was he forsaken in the Grave nor did his flesh see corruption.

Acts 13:36
David, on the one hand, rendered service to God in his own generation, fell asleep in death, was laid with his forefathers, and did see corruption.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Apostle Paul lied about the resurrection???

1 Cor 15:45-50
45 And so it is written, 'The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.'

46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

KJV

He’s not just a spirit - just like we have a spirit, soul and body, so does Jesus.

His divine spirit existed eternally, before He incarnated into a body - that’s why at the crucifixion, Jesus didn’t die, His body died.

You may recall Jesus gave His spirit to the Father as His body died.

Did Jesus lie? He said a spirit has not flesh and bone, as they saw He did then ate fish to prove it

He’s a divine spirit that lives in a body - both are true.

Maranatha

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
I like how this scripture is worded that you quoted, Jesus said, tear down this temple, and I will restore it in three days, “and He spoke of the temple, HIS BODY.”

Remember Jesus was dead for three days, so who resurrected him? "For if you publicly declare with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and exercise faith in your heart that God raised him up from the dead, you will be saved." (Romans 10:9)

Since Jesus was dead, someone else would have to resurrect him... so is possible there could be a spiritual understanding?

Are you familiar with these two scriptures?
  • "Now you are Christ’s body, and each of you individually is a member." (1 Cor 12:27)
  • "Do you not know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that the spirit of God dwells in you? (1 Corinthians 3:16)

He never died, He just left His flesh for 3 days and then He came back to get it .Something He didn't have to do by the way.
Does not scripture tell us where He was for those 3 days

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A proof of the trinity is that Father, Son and Holy Ghost all raised Jesus from the dead.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because of the following scriptures. Who was Jesus Loyal too??

Acts 13:35
So it also says in another psalm: ‘You will not allow your loyal one to see corruption.’

Acts 2:27
because you will not leave me in the Grave, nor will you allow your loyal one to see corruption.

Acts 2:31
he foresaw and spoke about the resurrection of the Christ, that neither was he forsaken in the Grave nor did his flesh see corruption.

Acts 13:36
David, on the one hand, rendered service to God in his own generation, fell asleep in death, was laid with his forefathers, and did see corruption.

And so these tell you to disbelieve Jesus? You are just circling back to the same thing.

Jesus raised Himself for the dead. He said He would. He said He was able. I believe Him. You do not. You cite these other passages as reason to disbelieve Jesus. To me this indicates you either don't understand the true meaning, or are not ready to accept the significance of these things.

But what kind of interpretation is it to select out of your own reason some passages to discount what they say?

In rejecting the Trinity, this forces you to reject plainly stated Scripture.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A proof of the trinity is that Father, Son and Holy Ghost all raised Jesus from the dead.
There is no other conclusion. And there are many things in the Bible like that.

Much love!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He’s not just a spirit - just like we have a spirit, soul and body, so does Jesus.

His divine spirit existed eternally, before He incarnated into a body - that’s why at the crucifixion, Jesus didn’t die, His body died.

You may recall Jesus gave His spirit to the Father as His body died.

Did Jesus lie? He said a spirit has not flesh and bone, as they saw He did then ate fish to prove it

He’s a divine spirit that lives in a body - both are true.

Maranatha

Based on what Apostle Paul taught there in 1 Cor.15, it shows that our Lord Jesus' flesh body was transfigured to the heavenly type body. It can still have the marks of His crucifixion, but it's no longer a flesh type body, but one of Spirit. This is why the Psalms prophesied that Christ's flesh body would not see corruption, i.e., rot in a grave.

Also, when angels appear on this earth, there's nothing written in God's Word that says they have to somehow take on a flesh body. That idea that they need flesh comes from carnal minds who don't understand about that other dimension of the heavenly.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Based on what Apostle Paul taught there in 1 Cor.15, it shows that our Lord Jesus' flesh body was transfigured to the heavenly type body. It can still have the marks of His crucifixion, but it's no longer a flesh type body, but one of Spirit. This is why the Psalms prophesied that Christ's flesh body would not see corruption, i.e., rot in a grave.

Also, when angels appear on this earth, there's nothing written in God's Word that says they have to somehow take on a flesh body. That idea that they need flesh comes from carnal minds who don't understand about that other dimension of the heavenly.

You’re claim continues to ignore that Jesus SPECIFICALLY said, He is NOT a ghostly figure with no body, BUT HAS A BODY OF “FLESH AND BONE”.

You cannot get around that, no matter how hard you try, nor the fact Jesus said His body, the one He died in, would be restored in three days.

Maranatha

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your brother Russel, (Charles Taze Russel), was a cult leader that started the Jehovah Witness organization. He had even once said that one who studies his lessons have no need to read their Bible. Yeah, right! Translated Russel actually meant - "don't read your Bible so you CANNOT check me out and discover how I LIE to you."

Brother Russell legally registered the Watchtower Bible and Tract society sir. Jehovah had witnesses before He created people Rev 1:5;3:14

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brother Russell legally registered the Watchtower Bible and Tract society sir. Jehovah had witnesses before He created people Rev 1:5;3:14

The WTS goes so far as to say you’ll go into darkness if you study the scriptures without their commentary telling you how they must be interpreted.

That’s a huge warning sign, all by itself.

Maranatha

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The WTS goes so far as to say you’ll go into darkness if you study the scriptures without their commentary telling you how they must be interpreted.

That’s a huge warning sign, all by itself.

Maranatha

Did you know the WTS acquired the rights to reprint the KJV Bible and distributed millions of them? Matter of fact you can see serval translations that we use today. Hopefully you will Accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior as I did.

Screenshot (188).png