The Second Coming... what you don't know, but should...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The WTS goes so far as to say you’ll go into darkness if you study the scriptures without their commentary telling you how they must be interpreted.

That’s a huge warning sign, all by itself.

Maranatha

I am not sure if they have said that Curt. I have been associated with them since 74 and have been encouraged to read and meditate on the Bible daily. Perhaps you have seen pictures of the headquarters in NY which had read your Bible daily on their building. Was that for us, no sir, that was speaking to anyone who would see that.

May I ask you what was the purpose of Jesus final words before his ascension found at Mat 28:19,20?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You’re claim continues to ignore that Jesus SPECIFICALLY said, He is NOT a ghostly figure with no body, BUT HAS A BODY OF “FLESH AND BONE”.

You cannot get around that, no matter how hard you try, nor the fact Jesus said His body, the one He died in, would be restored in three days.

Maranatha

I am keeping to written Bible Scripture by Apostle Paul. He is who said Christ was made 'a quickening spirit' in 1 Corinthians 15...

1 Cor 15:44-50
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
KJV

So your false claim isn't against me as you'd like to think, your false claim is against Apostle Paul who wrote the above!

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am keeping to written Bible Scripture by Apostle Paul. He is who said Christ was made 'a quickening spirit' in 1 Corinthians 15...

44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
KJV

So your false claim isn't against me as you'd like to think, your false claim is against Apostle Paul who wrote the above!

He doesn't understand the words of Jesus Christ either. "I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread he will live forever; and for a fact, the bread that I will give is my flesh in behalf of the life of the world.” (John 6:51)

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before his death Jesus told only his loyal followers:

1 Corinthians 11:24
and after giving thanks, he broke it and said: “This means my body, which is in your behalf. Keep doing this in remembrance of me.”

He was about to sacrifice his body that the world denies today. Most trinitarians teach that Jesus really never died to get you to deny the Body and Blood of Christ.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

KJV

What here says that Jesus, in His vivifying Spirit, that He nonetheless is not what He says He is?

Luke 24:36-39 YLT
36) and as they are speaking these things, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith to them, 'Peace—to you;'
37) and being amazed, and becoming affrighted, they were thinking themselves to see a spirit.
38) And he said to them, 'Why are ye troubled? and wherefore do reasonings come up in your hearts?
39) see my hands and my feet, that I am he; handle me and see, because a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me having.'

Jesus and Paul are not contradicting each other.

Much love!

Reactions: amigo de christo

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most trinitarians teach that Jesus really never died
Come again?

Of course He died! The Bible is clear about that.

Or is it that you think death is cessation of existance?

The Bible is equally clear on this point also, that death in this world is not the end of the person.

Should I say most non-trinitarians don't understand what death is? Would that be accurate? Meaningful? Useful?

Something to think about . . .

Much love!

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What Is the Condition of the Dead?
What happens to us when we die? The Bible’s clear answer is comforting and reassuring.

Watch Video...

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He doesn't understand the words of Jesus Christ either. "I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread he will live forever; and for a fact, the bread that I will give is my flesh in behalf of the life of the world.” (John 6:51)

Apostle Paul didn't understand the words of Jesus Christ? Well that's as plain an admission that you have an agenda in men's traditions as there ever was!

You simply are not to be trusted with God's Word.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What here says that Jesus, in His vivifying Spirit, that He nonetheless is not what He says He is?

Luke 24:36-39 YLT
36) and as they are speaking these things, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith to them, 'Peace—to you;'
37) and being amazed, and becoming affrighted, they were thinking themselves to see a spirit.
38) And he said to them, 'Why are ye troubled? and wherefore do reasonings come up in your hearts?
39) see my hands and my feet, that I am he; handle me and see, because a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me having.'

Jesus and Paul are not contradicting each other.

Much love!

You can't keep hashing the Luke 24 Scripture while REJECTING what Apostle Paul taught, plainly, about the resurrection body being a "spiritual body". What you're not understanding about Jesus' resurrected body is that it was TRANSFIGURED to "a quickening spirit". Ours won't be. We simply put off our flesh body when we die, and our spiritual body with soul is then loosed.

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apostle Paul didn't understand the words of Jesus Christ? Well that's as plain an admission that you have an agenda in men's traditions as there ever was!

You simply are not to be trusted with God's Word.

Those who reject the words of Jesus Christ reject Jesus Christ.

"I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread he will live forever; and for a fact, the bread that I will give is my flesh in behalf of the life of the world.” (John 6:51)

1 Corinthians 11:24
and after giving thanks, he broke it and said: “This means my body, which is in your behalf. Keep doing this in remembrance of me.”

Those who reject the 'ransom sacrifice' reject the Lamb of God and his sacrifice of his flesh. The Apostle Paul applied Jesus Christ as the last Adam that became a Life-Saving SPIRIT. Stop with your man made traditions that claim God is a boogey man.

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No sense in you trying to quote Scripture like you're some authority now. You've revealed that God has not given you His Word, which is why you'd say something silly like Apostle Paul didn't understand Jesus Christ.

I was talking about marks not Apostle Paul. Clearly you are mislead.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Davy and @BroRando please keep your debate peaceful. This kind of strife in the forum spreads like cancer...
Thanks

Believe me, I am trying. Sorry for those who shouldn't be offended, but I'm not blinded about false ones that coming play acting like believers. The only way to know those false ones come here is by whether or not they show their belief in God's Holy Writ or not. And when they smear His Word like a cancer, it's difficult for me to remain idle about it.

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believe me, I am trying. Sorry for those who shouldn't be offended, but I'm not blinded about false ones that coming play acting like believers. The only way to know those false ones come here is by whether or not they show their belief in God's Holy Writ or not. And when they smear His Word like a cancer, it's difficult for me to remain idle about it.

That's why I use the Bible to expose them.

Reactions: Davy