The seven days of creation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

John Stefan

Mar 23, 2022
Peterborough
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Where the seven days in creation one of the other or where they at seperate times after long pauses in other words over millions of years? This is something I have always wondered about and I await some replies.

kind regards John Stefan

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where the seven days in creation one of the other or where they at seperate times after long pauses in other words over millions of years? This is something I have always wondered about and I await some replies.

kind regards John Stefan

There are actually 6 days of creation John, and God rested on the 7th. We are actually in the 7th day still, and Paul pointed out that it was still going on in his day Heb 4:3-6. Most likely each creative day is not the same exact length, nor were they 24 hours each.

Reactions: John Stefan

Mark51

Nov 8, 2020
BROOKLYN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

kind regards John Stefan

The Bible does not specify the length of each of the creative periods-in a measurable way for human to understand. Yet, only six of them have ended. (Genesis 1:31) With respect tp the seventh day, God proceeded to rest This indicates that this "day" has continue. (Genesis 2:1-3) Thousands of years later, Paul indicated that the seventh day has not concluded. At Hebrews 4:1-11, he referred to the earlier words of David (Psalms 95:10,11) and urged: "Lets us therefore do our upmost to enter into that rest." Therefore, one "creative day" was-at a minimum-several thousand years in length.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With respect tp the seventh day, God proceeded to rest

Sounds like it came from the New world translation.

My Bible says:

King James Bible
And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
Here are more:
New King James Version
And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done.

New American Standard Bible
By the seventh day God completed His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done.

NASB 1995
By the seventh day God completed His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done.

NASB 1977
And by the seventh day God completed His work which He had done; and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done.

Amplified Bible
And by the seventh day God completed His work which He had done, and He rested (ceased) on the seventh day from all His work which He had done.

Christian Standard Bible
On the seventh day God had completed his work that he had done, and he rested on the seventh day from all his work that he had done.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
By the seventh day God completed His work that He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work that He had done.

American Standard Version
And on the seventh day God finished his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

Brenton Septuagint Translation
And God finished on the sixth day his works which he made, and he ceased on the seventh day from all his works which he made.

Contemporary English Version
By the seventh day God had finished his work, and so he rested.

Douay-Rheims Bible
And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made: and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had done.

Good News Translation
By the seventh day God finished what he had been doing and stopped working.

JPS Tanakh 1917
And on the seventh day God finished His work which He had made; and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had made.

ESV
English Standard Version
And on the seventh day God finished his work that he had done, and he rested on the seventh day from all his work that he had done.

The 4th Commandment says He rested :

Exodus 20:11 For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth and the sea and all that is in them, but on the seventh day He rested. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and set it apart as holy.
For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth and the sea and all that is in them, but on the seventh day He rested. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and set it apart as holy.