The Singular Factor In Coming To God Through Christ.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very, very few in the church skip it. You're getting all excited over nothing.
On the contrary, you and nearly everyone on this forum have skipped Acts.

They teach that after exposing a sinner to the gospels, skip the Acts 2 experience and take the sinner directly to Romans 10(Epistle to saved saints).

This is mass deception at an alarming rate.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On the contrary, you and nearly everyone on this forum have skipped Acts.

They teach that after exposing a sinner to the gospels, skip the Acts 2 experience and take the sinner directly to Romans 10(Epistle to saved saints).

This is mass deception at an alarming rate.
There aren't just a few thousand saved people in all of church history as you are contending. There are millions and millions. And most of them did not follow a legalistic formula to get saved.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and ignoring the COMMAND of Peter to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ as per Acts 2.
See, when you insist that you have to specifically say the name of the Son, or else you aren't saved, that's legalism. You're no better than the Israelites were under the legalism of the law. You've missed the point.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Honestly.... the forums have reinforced my belief of NOT listening to ANYONE.... truly... I have learned to guard my heart like a fortress... It boggles my mind that there is ONE JESUS and 50 million different reports on how to be a CHRISTIAN... Disturbing to say the least.
Just pick who you're going to talk to, and who you're not going to talk to. You don't have to engage every ridiculous argument in Christianity. I don't. There's no reason to. Some contentions are so utterly meaningless that I can't even engage them long enough to finish reading the post.

Reactions: amadeus

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The HS was not given to vindicate one's beliefs, but to lead them to the truth of Acts 2:38 and remission of their sins.

Anti-baptismalists only see the HS outpouring in Acts 10, hitting the power brakes, and ignoring the COMMAND of Peter to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ as per Acts 2.....

47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord.

Suggested or COMMANDED?

Your sect has turned water baptism into an idol, and into the savior.

Paul thanked God that he’d baptized only a few people, and emphasized that God sent him NOT TO BAPTIZE, but sent him to preach the gospel - proving that the focus of the gospel, and of salvation, is absolutely not at all on water baptism, as your sect erroneously does.

If God focused on water baptism in the way your sect does, Paul world have been sent both to preach the gospel, and to baptize.

That you turn any discussion on salvation into a debate on water baptism, illustrates that your sect has majored on the minors.

Romans 10:8-13 is where Paul specifically says, this is what we, the apostles, teach about how to be SAVED.

Yet there’s not one drop of water found in that instruction on salvation.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Paul thanked God that he’d baptized only a few people, and emphasized that God sent him NOT TO BAPTIZE, but sent him to preach the gospel - proving that the focus of the gospel, and of salvation, is absolutely not at all on water baptism, as your sect erroneously does.

If God focused on water baptism in the way your sect does, Paul world have been sent both to preach the gospel, and to baptize.

That you turn any discussion on salvation into a debate on water baptism, illustrates that your sect has majored on the minors.

Romans 10:8-13 is where Paul specifically says, this is what we, the apostles, teach about how to be SAVED.

It’s the BLOOD of Jesus that “ washes away” Sins....not water.....
Water Baptism in and of itself, is Nothing.....it’s the condition of the Heart

The OUTSTANDING Evangelist, Oliver Greene, tells the story of how he was water baptized as a young man for the sole-purpose Of Thinking it would help him get into some girl’s pants.....Water Baptism is a type of “ picture show” that illustrates on the outside, what has taken place to a Believer on the Inside....as always, it is the “ BELIEF” in Jesus That Saves....

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The born again Christian is free to walk according to the sinful desires of the flesh if he wants to.

The risen Jesus warns believers in the church of Sardis that they are a DEAD church (though they think they’re alive) and warns them that they must REPENT, because most of them had DEFILED their robes (white robes are the saints righteousness, says scripture) then warns them that those who fail to be OVERCOMERS will have their names BLOTTED OUT OF THE BOOK OF LIFE.

How are those in that church dead?

Not physically, obviously.

How then are they dead?

In their sins:

Eph 2:1 And you hath he quickened,who were dead in trespasses and sins;

Jesus never got the unconditional eternal security memo.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There aren't just a few thousand saved people in all of church history as you are contending. There are millions and millions. And most of them did not follow a legalistic formula to get saved.
On the contrary, Jesus never knew or knows the Acts skippers.

They are not buried nor crucified with Christ.

Jesus was speaking of them here...

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you:....

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What denominations do not baptize their people? I know there are probably a couple of rouge denom's out there that don't. Can you name one of them to satisfy my curiosity?
Mostly non denoms.

That is the rave today.

Even the Baptists say you are saved by a mere confession(before baptism).

Then they baptize you INTO THE BAPTIST CHURCH.

Anyone that teaches(token) "baptism after salvation" is buried alive.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See, when you insist that you have to specifically say the name of the Son, or else you aren't saved, that's legalism. You're no better than the Israelites were under the legalism of the law. You've missed the point.
The name of the son(Jesus) is the point.

I dare you to pray for healing or cast out devils in the titles.....

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No, PETER turned water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ into a command per salvation.

My "sect" simply agrees with Peter.

Your "sect" debunks Peter.

Good thing you were not there at Pentecost debunking Peter, heh?