The Singular Factor In Coming To God Through Christ.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you “ deliberately” misquote Scripture or was it due to Ignorance ?
No, I misquote what the anti-baptimalists THINK Jesus meant.

They actually think Jesus meant Mark 16:16 backwards.

Maybe he had a speech impediment?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On the contrary, Jesus never knew or knows the Acts skippers.

They are not buried nor crucified with Christ.

Jesus was speaking of them here...

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you:....
Just because they said "in the name of the Son", instead of "in the name of Jesus?" That's crazy.

Everything else can be in order but if the baptizer says "Son" instead of "Jesus" you go to the lake of fire? I'm sorry, but that's just crazy talk. That is literally the definition of legalism.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just because they said "in the name of the Son", instead of "in the name of Jesus?" That's crazy.

Everything else can be in order but if the baptizer says "Son" instead of "Jesus" you go to the lake of fire? I'm sorry, but that's just crazy talk. That is literally the definition of legalism.

The biggest Legalists that I have ever had the displeasure to meet weren’t “ this” dumb.

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Omitting the name(Jesus), that all words or deeds are commanded to be done in(including baptism per Acts 2:38), is not crazy?

It is okay?

Fooey on the name of Jesus?

Jesus will say fooey on them.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Omitting the name(Jesus), that all words or deeds are commanded to be done in(including baptism per Acts 2:38), is not crazy?
God:
"Ferris, I know you believe in the blood of Jesus for the forgiveness of your sin and that you want to live for me and turn away from your wicked ways, but since the person who baptized you said "Son" instead of "Jesus" I'm sending you to the lake of fire. Bye, bye."

Reactions: amadeus

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God:
"Ferris, I know you believe in the blood of Jesus for the forgiveness of your sin and that you want to live for me and turn away from your wicked ways, but since the person who baptized you said "Son" instead of "Jesus" I'm sending you to the lake of fire. Bye, bye."
LOL... Is that before or after your first coffee??

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL... Is that before or after your first coffee??
No coffee for me. I quit coffee 10 years ago. It made me crazy. I don't handle caffeine in large amounts very well. And as you probably know coffee has loads of caffeine in it. And don't suggest drinking decaffeinated coffee. That's like drinking non alcoholic beer, lol.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, PETER turned water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ into a command per salvation.

My "sect" simply agrees with Peter.

Your "sect" debunks Peter.

Good thing you were not there at Pentecost debunking Peter, heh?

Peter doesn’t cancel out Paul - in fact Paul publicly told Peter that he was in error in his actions concerning gentiles, so Paul had authority over Peter.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God:
God:

Ferris, listen to Peter and get baptized in the name of Jesus for the remission of your sins. I set this up 2000 years ago. There is no other way.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter doesn’t cancel out Paul - in fact Paul publicly told Peter that he was in error in his actions concerning gentiles, so Paul had authority over Peter.
So, Paul ended Acts 2:38?

Is that what Acts is all about?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God:

Ferris, listen to Peter and get baptized in the name of Jesus for the remission of your sins. I set this up 2000 years ago. There is no other way.
"But God, Peter disobeyed you and did not baptize in the name of the Father. He left that part out. Why should I listen to anything he says? Rules are rules, right?"

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God; My son, please understand the the name of the son is not son. Ferris, is that understood?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"But God, Peter disobeyed you and did not baptize in the name of the Father. He left that part out. Why should I listen to anything he says? Rules are rules, right?"
God: Ferris, I gave Peter the keys to the kingdom in Matt 16. I made him speak up at Pentecost. I know the future. Are you calling me stupid?