The Singular Factor In Coming To God Through Christ.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jared42

Aug 16, 2021
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only requisite to be shown by a person in order to attain Rebirth through Jesus' Death and Resurrection is this:

"For this saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones."

This is saying God lives only with people who are contrite and humble. The only means of rebirth is through belief in Christ's death and Resurrection as the incarnate Son of God by first becoming contrite and humble, usually through defeat by sin, and by becoming desperately starved for Jesus. God cannot be seen or approached, but Jesus can.

No rebirth and righteousness will occur from:

1.) Confession of particular sins.
2.) Baptism in water.
3.) Obedience to Mosaic Law.
4.) Obedience to Jesus' Comnands.
5.) Having correct Scriptural knowledge.
6.) Acknowledgement of God's greatness.
7.) Worshipping Jesus.
8.) Speaking about God's Word.
9.) Successfully using Jesus' name for casting out devils, prophecying, doing miracles.
10.) Living in simplicity and prudence.
11.) Trying to not sin.
12.) Reading and Memorizing Scripture.
13.) Giving good things to needy people.
14.) Forgiving all sins of others.
15.) Adding Jesus as an option to our existing life.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Have you obeyed Acts 2:38?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I was a young man I knew that when I died I was not going to go to be with the Lord. Eventually, I started doing what all unsaved people do to try to make it so they can go to be with God when they die, I started trying to not sin. Which, of course, turned out to be a dismal failure. And so I cried out in my heart to the Lord, "I can't get there from here." Then I heard the gospel and the difference between 'religion' and 'relationship'. And so in time I was led in a prayer for salvation. I got saved this way:

‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner!’ I tell you, this man...went home justified. Luke 18:13-14​

I was changed. I suddenly had a new life and had power over sin. Got baptized about 2 months later in the local YMCA pool.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I was a young man I knew that when I died I was not going to go to be with the Lord. Eventually, I started doing what all unsaved people do to try to make it so they can go to be with God when they die, I started trying to not sin. Which, of course, turned out to be a dismal failure. And so I cried out in my heart to the Lord, "I can't get there from here." Then I heard the gospel and the difference between 'religion' and 'relationship'. And so in time I was led in a prayer for salvation. I got saved this way:

‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner!’ I tell you, this man...went home justified. Luke 18:13-14​

I was changed. I suddenly had a new life and had power over sin. Got baptized about 2 months later in the local YMCA pool.
Did they say, "in the name of Jesus Christ" as they baptized you?

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only requisite to be shown by a person in order to attain Rebirth through Jesus' Death and Resurrection is this:

"For this saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones."

This is saying God lives only with people who are contrite and humble. The only means of rebirth is through belief in Christ's death and Resurrection as the incarnate Son of God by first becoming contrite and humble, usually through defeat by sin, and by becoming desperately starved for Jesus. God cannot be seen or approached, but Jesus can.

2.) Baptism in water.
7.) Worshipping Jesus.
9.) Successfully using Jesus' name for casting out devils, prophecying, doing miracles.
11.) Trying to not sin.
Hi

I confessed my sins
2.) Baptism in water.

Through faith in Christ [the moral law]
If one is obedient that means He must have Humbled Himself
That could be part of it....
Why not if It goes along with recognizing who He is
7.) Worshipping Jesus.
That's part of humbleness

Why not..if it's part of being humble
11.) Trying to not sin.

Why not if it's part of reading in order to be obedient to God's will..part if humbleness
Why not if it's part of fruits of repentance [humbleness]
Same
15.) Adding Jesus as an option to our existing life.[/QUOTE]

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit."
Your sins were not remitted per Acts 2:38.

Get rebaptized right.

They must say "in the name of Jesus Christ" to qualify you for remission of sins.

Any United Pentecostal Church in your area will gladly assist you my friend.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

2.) Baptism in water.
7.) Worshipping Jesus.
11.) Trying to not sin.
Born again, born of God, born of the Spirit and born of Him(Jesus) are all synonyms. We know when Jesus spoke to Nicodemus that he was not born again. Jesus told him of his need to be born from above.

John 3:3
3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God."

John 3:6
6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

1 John 2:29
29 If you know that He is righteous, you know that everyone also who practices righteousness is born of Him.

1 John 3:9
9 No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him;

1 John 4:7
7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.

1 John 5:1
Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and whoever loves the Father loves the child born of Him.

1 John 5:4
4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world — our faith.

1 John 5:18
18 We know that no one who is born of God sins; but He who was born of God keeps him, and the evil one does not touch him.

terms such as born again (John 3:3), born of God (John 1:13), and born of the Spirit (John 3:6). They all mean the same thing. Birth metaphors are used because we all understand physical birth. When a baby is born, a new person emerges into the world. The new life will grow, and the young person will come to resemble his or her parents. When we are born of the Spirit, a “new person” arrives with a new spiritual life. And as we grow, we come to resemble our Father in heaven (Romans 8:29)got?

We have no more control over our physical birth than we do our spiritual birth. Man is born dead in his trespasses and sins ( Ephesians 2:1-3). We are spiritually dead hence the need for our spiritual birth which comes from the Holy Spirit as we read in John 3. Peter tells us it comes from God , not ourselves : he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead” (1 Peter 1:3). Just as Lazarus who was dead physically and could not come out of the grave until Jesus gave him life, so we cannot come alive without the regeneration of our spirit by Christ.

John 5:21
For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.

Ephesians 2:1
And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

Ephesians 2:5
made us alive with Christ even though we were dead in trespasses. You are saved by grace!

Colossians 2:13
When you were dead in your trespasses and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our trespasses

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
13 Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:

14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

15 The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw.

Per the OP....

Get this water, not a Coors.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your sins were not remitted per Acts 2:38.

Get rebaptized right.

They must say "in the name of Jesus Christ" to qualify you for remission of sins.

Any United Pentecostal Church in your area will gladly assist you my friend.
No, thanks. I'm good:

"...go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit..." Matthew 28:19​

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No thanks, I don’t need remission of sins. I’m good. Oh boy!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, thanks. I'm good:

"...go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit..." Matthew 28:19​
I was baptized the same way and I have the comforter with me often and I think all the time. I always feel inner peace from God's Holy Spirit. So my baptism and confirmation worked.

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have been preaching Luke 18:13-14 ( Plus Nothing) for ages....I am not surprised to see that it got you results.....It worked for me nearly 50 years age.....I prayed the same prayer....My life has not been the same since.....I’ve become a new person over time.....I tell you— it’s like-I’ve been “ Born-again “ or something! Go figure!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was baptized the same way and I have the comforter with me often and I think all the time. I always feel inner peace from God's Holy Spirit. So my baptism and confirmation worked.
You skipped Acts 2:38.

This disqualifies you from the Acts church.

Fix it.

Feeling good does not remit sins.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good grief, man! Why isn't Matthew 28:19 good enough for you?
Because when the first day of Pentecost brought the very first command from the church to sinners, it was Acts 2:38, not Matt 28:19.

That(Acts 2:38) is the qualifier to go from sinner to saint.

Obey it like the 3000 sinners did at Pentecost.

It will give you officially, remission of your sins.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because when the first day of Pentecost brought the very first command from the church to sinners, it was Acts 2:38, not Matt 28:19.

I'm good:

"...in the name...of the Son..." = "...in the name of Jesus Christ..."​

But thank you anyway. I've been Spirit filled for 35 years.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm good:

"...in the name...of the Son..." = "...in the name of Jesus Christ..."​

But thank you anyway. I've been Spirit filled for 35 years.

50 years here ......gotcha by 15 years! 15 years from now you will see that I was correct in all the things we disagree about...you just have some catching up to do.....lol..

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What about Acts 8:12-18....they had gotten saved, baptized in Jesus Name, but did not receive the Holy Spirit until Peter and John laid hands on them and then they received the Holy Spirit.

Acts 8 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹² But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.
¹³ Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.
¹⁴ Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:
¹⁵ Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:
¹⁶ (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)
¹⁷ Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.
¹⁸ And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,

You just can't possibly make one size fits all with God.