The Singular Factor In Coming To God Through Christ.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your legalistic ceremonial order and verbiage is what is being resisted. It's nothing more than 'religion', in every negative connotation of the word. It's important to relate to God through relationship, not legalistic religion which has no spiritual value. Ceremonial legalism will prevent a person from having a spiritual relationship with God, and will suffocate it if they have that relationship with him already. God is a person, not a legal system.
God gave no NT commands to be saved?

Peter was a legalist in Acts 2:38?

Or, are you being led around by a strange teaching?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You'll be hard pressed to find anybody who has not been water baptized. You have a meaningless, frivolous argument.
Nearly 95% of Christians have not obeyed Acts 2:38.

No mention of Jesus' name in their baptism.

The RCC removed the name of Jesus 1700 years ago, and the protestants follow mama in lock step.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nearly 95% of Christians have not obeyed Acts 2:38.

No mention of Jesus" name in their baptism.

The RCC removed the name of Jesus 1700 years ago, and the protestants follow mama in lock step.
No, Jesus inserted 'Son' in place of 'Jesus Christ' in Matthew 28:19 long before man messed things up with his legalistic approaches to obedience and worship. You can't deny this fact. If Jesus says it's okay to say 'Son' then it's okay to say 'Son', period.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I detest the Catholic church for the exact reason I detest your doctrine. Legalistic ceremonies have no spiritual value.

Believe and get baptized. Done. Don't complicate it beyond that with ridiculous ceremonial legalisms.
Must say "in the name of Jesus Christ" to qualify baptism to remit sins per Acts 2:38.

That is legal and binding per Peter.

You will need a better lawyer to go against Peter than your seminary professor.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, Jesus inserted 'Son' in place of 'Jesus Christ' in Matthew 28:19 long before man messed things up with his legalistic approaches to obedience and worship. You can't deny this fact. If Jesus says it's okay to say 'Son' then it's okay to say 'Son', period.
Do you write "son" on your checks to make it good?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God gave no NT commands to be saved?
What's so hard about believe and be baptized? Like I say, you'll be hard pressed to find Christians who have not obeyed these two commands. You are the one turning them into legalistic rituals, just like the Catholics do in regard to their legalistic rituals.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the actual name of the son, "son" or "Jesus"?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What's so hard about believe and be baptized? Like I say, you'll be hard pressed to find Christians who have not obeyed these two commands. You are the one turning them into legalistic rituals, just like the Catholics do in regard to their legalistic rituals.
My point is simple.

The RCC removed "in the name of Jesus Christ" from RCC baptisms.

The reformers never shook her hook.

They are still Catholics, just like you.

You folks just don't realize it.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter was a legalist in Acts 2:38?
No.
You turned his evangelistic meeting into a legalist ritual. You are no better than the Catholics that you rail against. You both are arguing for which legalistic ritual is the correct one. Thank God He delivered me from that kind of meaningless, Spiritless garbage long ago. God is a person. He wants you to relate to him that way. He is not the religious equivalent of your local DMV office.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A real Apostolic obeys Acts 2:38 and has the name of Jesus Christ spoken over them in baptism.

The rest are Catholic relatives.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My point is simple.

The RCC removed "in the name of Jesus Christ" from RCC baptisms.

The reformers never shook her hook.

They are still Catholics, just like you.

You folks just don't realize it.
I only care that Jesus said "Son". I can't think of a higher authority than Him, on par with the Father Himself. I'm going with Jesus on this one, not you, not the Catholic Church. I've got the safety of the very words of God himself on this one. I will not be moved.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No.
You turned his evangelistic meeting into a legalist ritual. You are no better than the Catholics that you rail against. You both are arguing for which legalistic ritual is the correct one. Thank God He delivered me from that kind of meaningless, Spiritless garbage long ago. God is a person. He wants you to relate to him that way. He is not the religious equivalent of your local DMV office.
Is this mean and legalistic of Peter?...

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I only care that Jesus said "Son". I can't think of a higher authority than Him, on par with the Father Himself. I'm going with Jesus on this one, not you, not the Catholic Church. I've got the safety of the very words of God himself on this one. I will not be moved.
Would you rather obey Jesus than Peter?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A real Apostolic obeys Acts 2:38 and has the name of Jesus Christ spoken over them in baptism.

The rest are Catholic relatives.
Jesus is the Son.
You are deceived by legalistic garbage.
Find the liberty you have as a believer in a relationship with the Father and the Son. Discard the bondage you are in by relating to them through the legalism of ceremonies and rituals. Your world will change.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No.
The Catholics obey Acts 2:38?

Are you free from Acts 2:38's harsh command?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the Son.
You are deceived by legalistic garbage.
Find the liberty you have as a believer in a relationship with the Father and the Son. Discard the bondage you are in by relating to them through the legalism of ceremonies and rituals. Your world will change.
What is the precise name of the son?

#1...son?

#2...Jesus?

Pick one.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is this a command or suggestion?...